Not played in a while, where do start in gaining more GP?

Wardy940
4 posts Member
edited January 2021
Hi guys,
As the title suggests, I haven't played in a couple of years. I'm level 85 but only sat at just under 900,000 GP. Most guilds won't even want me with that GP. What's the best way of building it up and getting a stronger roster?

Willing to spend a little bit of money but not stupid amounts. Seem to remember before I stopped, I was farming clone and jedi shards but just not sure where to start now.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Firstly, GP is just a measure of how much stuff you have applied to characters. You should not think about gaining GP just for the sake of gaining GP.

If you are not opposed to the suggestion, you may want to look at starting a new account, vs keeping this one. Depending when you started you may basically have no chance or a very long run at getting a decent arena rank, which is quite helpful in the long run of development.

It's a little hard to know where you should go without more information, posting a swgoh.gg link can be helpful in getting advice.

The best way to develop your roster and even get help is to pick a focal point, either a team or game mode in which you want to do better in, and focus on that. This will in turn give you more GP and make you desirable to a better guild. That being said dont think there are not good guilds out there who would take a committed daily player and help them grow.

I know this is not an answer, but I hope you find this helpful.

There are some beginner guides of you google them, they will basically lay out a path or 2 you can follow to get key toons.
  • Thanks for the reply. What is the benefit of starting a new account can I ask? I'm not opposed to it really but would probably rather keep my current account. That being said, if it will make it easier for me to get competitive, then I'm definitely open to it.

Really, I just want to be useful in the guild raids and be able to get a good arena rank. I'm not quite sure what a swgoh.gg link is to be honest. I'll have a look into it.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Starting over will get you on a new arena shard. If you've been away for years, then the top of your arena is by now full of teams that you are very far away from.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    And worth noting that there's no other benefit, so don't do it if you're not interested in arenas.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I did end up starting over. I'm interested in keeping competitive in the arena. Mainly just to make the grind a little easier in getting toons from the arena store. But the 'pvp' keeps the game interesting, for me at least.

But it also seems like a lot of hard work and I'm wondering wether I should just carry on grinding for what I need to get the legendary event toons on my old account.
  • You can also post an ad in the guild recruitment section.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Wardy940 wrote: »
    I did end up starting over. I'm interested in keeping competitive in the arena. Mainly just to make the grind a little easier in getting toons from the arena store. But the 'pvp' keeps the game interesting, for me at least.

But it also seems like a lot of hard work and I'm wondering wether I should just carry on grinding for what I need to get the legendary event toons on my old account.

You can do whatever you want. The arenas (don't forget fleet) will definitely help with the grind, but you will need patience either way.

If you are interested in the PVP aspect for the sake of it, the other main PVP mode is GAC, and it's definitely possible to get competitive there with an old account as each time you are matched by top power level and not limited to a shard locked by start time. If you focus your roster in the right direction, you can definitely catch up there. It doesn't have the same crystal income as regular arenas, but the prizes certainly help.