Payouts? Shard chats? What does it all mean?

Sithlord1230
15 posts Member
edited March 2019
So I keep seeing a couple of words floating around that I simply don’t understand, mostly “payouts” and “shard chats.” I understand the shard in shard chat is probably referring to arena shard, but what chat? And what is a payout? I’m assuming it’s not just the rewards the game gives you, and that it’s some kind of outside form of rewards? But I have no idea, and would love somebody to tell me what this all means.

(Edit) Probably not the best place to post this, but would love answers anyway

Replies

• Your payout is the crystals and other rewards you get daily from arena.
    A shard chat is typically a group of the top players on your arena shard that use a third party messaging app like discord to coordinate who gets what arena rank during their payout time. Shard chats usually have the intention of helping everyone get the best rewards possible, but sometimes have a reputation of being full of players who don’t care about and will purposefully target other players on their shard.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Your payout is the crystals and other rewards you get daily from arena.
    A shard chat is typically a group of the top players on your arena shard that use a third party messaging app like discord to coordinate who gets what arena rank during their payout time. Shard chats usually have the intention of helping everyone get the best rewards possible, but sometimes have a reputation of being full of players who don’t care about and will purposefully target other players on their shard.

It's not a reputation unfortunately - plenty do run a closed shop that targets anyone not in their little club. Not all do this, but each has the potential to do so.

Basically, it's about the most contentious topic in these forums.
  • payout or po also often is used to adress the time, when you get your daily rewards in arena
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    • shardchat: A chat with players from the same arena leaderboard in order to coordinate pay-outs and to maxize it's members' rewards
    • pay-out: The time at which you get your arena rewards.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Payout usually refers to the time of day when the game checks your current arena position and dispenses rewards accordingly. It could also mean those actual rewards, but usually it's the time thing.

Since there are many players on each shard and thus probably a lot sharing a payout time, it's fairly common for a group of players in the shard to collaborate outside the game via a third party chat app like Discord or LINE. This way they can organize who hits who and try to maximize everyone's payouts, rather than everyone just having a free-for-all where the guy with the best mods wins.

Shard chats are obviously beneficial to the people in them, but since they will target non-members over members when possible, it creates the impression to those outside the chat that they are being "targeted." In fairness, sometimes this is actually true, because people are buttholes and will sometimes actually beat one person down to "teach them a lesson." This leads to non-shardchat players referring to them as "unfair collusion" or "shard mafias" or what-have-you.

They're kind of a stupid practice, but they're just a symptom of the real problem, which is a PVP system that actually encourages this kind of behavior.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I'll throw out an opposing view. Shard chats are for people exhausted by a card game that expects you to be online and engaged for hours and hours out of the day. If you have a life, are studying, have a job, etc. the coordination can be a way of playing on your terms and still getting some crystals. In my experience, the people that get targeted are the ones that attack at non-payout times and are generally a blight on the shard.
  • Presaria wrote: »
    I'll throw out an opposing view. Shard chats are for people exhausted by a card game that expects you to be online and engaged for hours and hours out of the day. If you have a life, are studying, have a job, etc. the coordination can be a way of playing on your terms and still getting some crystals. In my experience, the people that get targeted are the ones that attack at non-payout times and are generally a blight on the shard.

Ok sure, but if my shard made a shard chat, and I wasn’t invited, and they decided I was “being a blight on the shard”, and targeted me without even telling me they thought I was doing something wrong, then what? Am I resigned to just sit there confused as my rank drops like 80 spots a day?

And another question I’ve had for a while is, how do these things even get started? As far as I’m aware there’s no way to just message somebody in your shard, so how do people find out about these things?

• Someone creates it normally a discord server with a bot or 2 in it and u find there ally codes snd hope they hsve a fourm of communication or just add them to ur ally list and send them the server link
  • Someone creates it normally a discord server with a bot or 2 in it and u find there ally codes snd hope they hsve a fourm of communication or just add them to ur ally list and send them the server link

Ok, thank you!
  • Our shard also reaches out to guild leaders for harder to find people.
  • A bit late to expect a reply- but for the life of me I cannot find out what the word "Shard" stands for, or was so named when referring to the Shard groups.
    Please!?
  • TimK wrote: »
    A bit late to expect a reply- but for the life of me I cannot find out what the word "Shard" stands for, or was so named when referring to the Shard groups.
    Please!?

In Squad and Fleet Arenas, you are in groups, and your shard is your group
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
This discussion has been closed.