GC: Is the insane power jump between T4 and T5 really intended?

Prev13
I mean, opponents suddenly have 4 times higher damage which is absolutely out of line in comparison with increases between other tiers.

As an example - Han hitting my SF with opening, per hit:
T3 - ~8+K
T4 - ~10+K
T5 - ~41-43K (????)
T6 - ~50+K

Replies

• They want you to get sick of missing out on rewards and break out your wallet.
  • ne_alenska
    123 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    dpjl5qkp6e9s.jpg
    Please enjoy
  • the tier 5 is nearly impossible, and i tried the tier 6 with my DR arena team, on the opening han killed R7 malak shooting 6 times in a row
    impossible fights, and by the way impossible feats, just another frustrating game part, probably never been tested, really a good job... :#
  • nms0qvymsyyv.jpg
    This is what I used for t7, good luck getting the remove 400% to and dodging 10 shots
  • Just to clarify - I'm not complaining about difficulty of the event itself or feats as it is, not asking how to do it, etc. I just would like to know if such huge jump between two event tiers (and only two, the other tiers difference seems to be ok) was really developers intention or it's some miscalculation.
  • That summoned Droideka doesn't even survive Han's extra round in T7. I'm convinced that there is a hidden modifier that we just don't see. There is no way those characters are regular R7 or even R8.
  • nms0qvymsyyv.jpg
    This is what I used for t7, good luck getting the remove 400% to and dodging 10 shots
    JTR, Han, BB8, 3po, R2 makes short work of the 400% TM
  • I got the 10 evades with Maul lead, SEE, treya, Wat and DR. Just tank tech on see, link the highest damage dealers and zerg chewpio. Then auto basic till you count your ten dodges and clean up the remainder with SEE ult.

I tried my NS with G12 asajj lead, g12 zombie, g11 daka, g11 talzin g11 talzin and they got murdered in t5. I dont have JTR.

Also tried vader lead with empire and also nogo.
  • You don’t need to do the feats at max difficulty! And tier 5 is allways when the fun starts! Keep trying, Bur use the adecuate characters!
  • My R5 GG, R7 B1, R4 B2, G12 Magna, 4*Wat didn't get a turn in T5 (no i haven't zetad Wat yet). Was the silliest thing i've seen in GC so far.
  • I would also like to know whether it is intentional that Tier V is so hard. I don't have any team that can beat it without a GL. Even my full Relic GAS team gets wrecked at Tier V. That is very unusual for a Galactic Challenge.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    keknoby wrote: »
    the tier 5 is nearly impossible, and i tried the tier 6 with my DR arena team, on the opening han killed R7 malak shooting 6 times in a row
    impossible fights, and by the way impossible feats, just another frustrating game part, probably never been tested, really a good job... :#

Not impossible. It takes some Relics, good mods, deliberate team building, and even then a good amount of RNG, but yes these events, published by a for-profit studio known for microtransactions are obviously made to reward spenders/encourage spending, not just as a hand-out to the community at large.

Sorry it's frustrating. Please don't see it that way; see it as "free stuff" or "more free stuff," and play the game how you enjoy it.
  • keknoby wrote: »
    the tier 5 is nearly impossible, and i tried the tier 6 with my DR arena team, on the opening han killed R7 malak shooting 6 times in a row

Not impossible. It takes some Relics, good mods, deliberate team building, and even then a good amount of RNG, but yes these events, published by a for-profit studio known for microtransactions are obviously made to reward spenders/encourage spending, not just as a hand-out to the community at large.

Sorry it's frustrating. Please don't see it that way; see it as "free stuff" or "more free stuff," and play the game how you enjoy it.

What a reasonable and refreshing take.👍
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    mshh1yy6h03x.jpeg
    Gg-wat
    GL rey.jtr, c3po,hy,gideon 4* (bb8)
    Post edited by Sewpot on
  • Konju
    1158 posts Member
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    My R5 GG, R7 B1, R4 B2, G12 Magna, 4*Wat didn't get a turn in T5 (no i haven't zetad Wat yet). Was the silliest thing i've seen in GC so far.

Def recommend the Wat zeta for this GC and also just in general.
  • OP says, why is the jump from T4 to T5 so large compared to the other tiers?

Everyone else, here's how to beat T5?

OP, I don't know why. I've complained about this as well. There are basically 2 tiers: T1-4 and T5-7. I would prefer a gradual increase from T1-7, but CG would not. Sorry :(
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    nms0qvymsyyv.jpg

I did Rey / JTR / CLS / Old Ben / Vet Han

Killed CLS with WW and then kept reducing TM of the rest

The stagger from calling Vet Han to assist with JTR helps a lot

For the dodge I used Rey / JTR / bb8 / Hoda / GMY

GMY didn’t do much but sometimes when CLS is constantly attacking JTR or bb8 under DI they still get a few dodges in
  • CONGRATULATIONS CAPITAL GAMES, you have successufully created another cancer causing event that where stats cannot be tracked and where the feats or whatever you call it are essentialy impossible if a GL is not used. AND WHY ON EARTH IS EVADE 10 TIMES A FEAT IN A SEPARATIST GALACTIC CHALLENGE? Becasue separatist have literalyl 0% bonus evasion
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    Adv1ceLMAO wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS CAPITAL GAMES, you have successufully created another cancer causing event that where stats cannot be tracked and where the feats or whatever you call it are essentialy impossible if a GL is not used. AND WHY ON EARTH IS EVADE 10 TIMES A FEAT IN A SEPARATIST GALACTIC CHALLENGE? Becasue separatist have literalyl 0% bonus evasion

See Droideka and Poggle
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    CONGRATULATIONS CAPITAL GAMES, you have successufully created another cancer causing event that where stats cannot be tracked and where the feats or whatever you call it are essentialy impossible if a GL is not used. AND WHY ON EARTH IS EVADE 10 TIMES A FEAT IN A SEPARATIST GALACTIC CHALLENGE? Becasue separatist have literalyl 0% bonus evasion

See Droideka and Poggle

Also many non-separatist toons, considering you don't have to use separatists.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • nms0qvymsyyv.jpg

I did it with CLS, JTR, Han, 3po, Yoda
  • Adv1ceLMAO wrote: »

Good name.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    I was going to try this event but I'd rather not get cancer.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sure, the jump between t4 and t5 is rough. But shouldn't it be? We already knew that taking one of our own toons from g12 to g13 makes a HUGE impact.
  • Dodge and TM feats vs a team with 2xevasion down, multiple "can't be evaded" attacks and high tenacity.. Nice one CG
  • Ultra
    11490 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

See Droideka and Poggle

Also many non-separatist toons, considering you don't have to use separatists.

Let’s not forget that Dooku was the real dodge meta master