A little help

Hi

I seemed to have reached a bit of a bottle neck with gearing up toons. I need A LOT of Mk 5 A/KT Stun Guns for various characters. Collecting the parts seems somewhat tedious, don't get me wrong the Mk 3 Carbanti is readily available in one of the Daily Challenges (Tarkin/Veers, I think), but the Stun Gun Prototype is more difficult to farm.

Any advice, or is it simply just grind for it?

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    grind, try to do well in arenas to get crystals to buy the pieces for the gun, focus on just a few toons at a time. also if you post your swgoh.gg people can give you more specific advice on toons to build with them
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Option 1: Farm from nodes/shops
    Option 2: $$$$$$$$
  • Thanks guys, at the moment I have 49 Toons in total that need this (some need two slot filling), so just focusing on Sith Empire at moment (DR, BSF & HK-47) for getting Darth Malak.

Is it better to use the Crystals just to buy the Prototypes (1,300 crystals for 50 prototypes) or use energy refreshes for them?
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    grind, try to do well in arenas to get crystals to buy the pieces for the gun, focus on just a few toons at a time. also if you post your swgoh.gg people can give you more specific advice on toons to build with them

How do I post it?

• MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Jael_Ash wrote: »
    Thanks guys, at the moment I have 49 Toons in total that need this (some need two slot filling), so just focusing on Sith Empire at moment (DR, BSF & HK-47) for getting Darth Malak.

Is it better to use the Crystals just to buy the Prototypes (1,300 crystals for 50 prototypes) or use energy refreshes for them?

The 1300 crystals give around 62 salvage if you farm with the 3x50 refreshes. Up to you if you want speed or efficiency
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Use them sparingly; only put Mk5 stun guns on characters you really want to gear up.
    How do I post it?

Make an account on swgoh.gg then copy and paste the link to your profile.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Thanks guys, at the moment I have 49 Toons in total that need this (some need two slot filling), so just focusing on Sith Empire at moment (DR, BSF & HK-47) for getting Darth Malak.

yeah you don't need to use them on 49 toons. energy refreshes in general are better. focus one team at a time like you are doing.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Agreed, Energy > Purchasing Salvage parts.

Until you can say you are doing Triple Refreshes of every energy type all 7 days a week, then don't waste crystals on gear purchases, just limit the # of toons your farming & use the energy on gear nodes.
  • Use them sparingly; only put Mk5 stun guns on characters you really want to gear up.
    How do I post it?

Make an account on swgoh.gg then copy and paste the link to your profile.

Here's my profile

https://swgoh.gg/p/913681575/
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    A great help is farming wicket. I’m farming him for 3po and have got more Stun gun salvage than my ~10/month Wicket shards.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • A great help is farming wicket. I’m farming him for 3po and have got more Stun gun salvage than my ~10/month Wicket shards.

I'd never thought of that, thanks @TheChild_eats_eggs1
  • Jael_Ash wrote: »
    A great help is farming wicket. I’m farming him for 3po and have got more Stun gun salvage than my ~10/month Wicket shards.

I'd never thought of that, thanks @TheChild_eats_eggs1

Ik. But I think it's act. RNGesus blessing me. I need Stun guns, but am slow-farming ewoks as 3po is long-term for me.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Yeah, I almost miss the Wicket farm just because of the extra SGun shard each day (on average), it isn't much but with Guns, every bit helps.

I'm slow farming Holdo several times a week right now mostly for the gear in her node v/s just getting her, lol
  • I've been farming Bossk and building him up slowly (44 shards of 7*) but man is he good!! I used him on the Chewie Tier 6 and he ripped through the Rebel team!
  • Jael_Ash
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    My Ewoks are no where near ready yet to start going for 3PO, but I'm not really sure of his benefit. Whenever I fight against Padme teams he just wimps out at the end. Is he a bit like Hermit Yoda and is he worth the grind?
  • Both C3P0 & Hermit Yoda are worth the grind