This GC is broken!

Prev1
nabokovfan
535 posts Member
edited January 2021
1. This event is intended for the seperatists faction. Their ability is a huge speed bump and the enemies have preloaded TM that bypasses abilities that are supposed to go first. This means that when you use anyone besides seperatists the speed needed to overcome that is insane.
2. The enemy ability basically breaks the GC because it invalidates bonus turns, zeta investments, and their speed, tenacity, Potency is so extreme that I'm just not able to even finish half of the feats.
3. It's pretty silly, that I need JTR to do the TM feat or else. (If you don't believe me see the video below)
4. Evasion feat is literally impossible with a normal players NORMAL roster even at high GP with 1.999 GLs.

In summary, CG really screwed this up, should remove or revise the event so that the two feats are actually possible. I'm not whining, I'm not complaining, this is just stupid design.

https://youtu.be/yLnSwlMcIYo
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    losing =/= broken
    In summary, CG really screwed this up, should remove or revise the event so that the two feats are actually possible. I'm not whining, I'm not complaining, this is just stupid design.
    Yes, you are
  • I personally dislike how the pay to win GCs are easier than the f2p GCs. But hey, gotta double down on punishing the players who won't spend on Beskar Mando right? Someone has to keep the lights on at EA.
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    This got me the evasion feat done
    ibeszaxbgicx.png

And this the TM feat, JTR not mandatory
    db1nymy1no2e.png

• There are no p2w and f2p gcs. Some gcs are unbalanced, either way too easy or way too hard. It's purely a design problem.
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    1. Their ability is a huge speed bump and the enemies have preloaded TM that bypasses abilities that are supposed to go first.

Show me where they have preloaded TM (Zolo taking a bonus turn at the start and feeding TM to the team via CLS leadership isn't preloading TM). I'd like to know which ability is getting bypassed that should go first. If you're talking about Wat going after Zolo that's how it always goes - Zolo bonus turn > Wat's bonus turn.
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    2. The enemy ability basically breaks the GC because it invalidates bonus turns, zeta investments, and their speed, tenacity, Potency is so extreme that I'm just not able to even finish half of the feats.

First part - see above. Second part - yes, they seem to be modded with insane mods in the GC's. In most of the recent GC's the leader always seemed to have like a +170 speed set for example. But just because they are incredibly modded that doesn't overcome strategy and using the right teams. For example we can run circles around those GC squads with resistance if the modifiers allow it. There's nothing "broken" here.
    3. It's pretty silly, that I need JTR to do the TM feat or else. (If you don't believe me see the video below)

JTR is a very good option thx to her irresistable TM reduce while also gaining lots of TM and running circles around an opponent. But she's in no way the only squad that can get the job done.
    4. Evasion feat is literally impossible with a normal players NORMAL roster even at high GP with 1.999 GLs.

It's not an easy feat, yes. But jedi with GMY/HY and their foresight spread is a good and very accessable team that gets the job done - no JML required - just lots of retries untill the 10 dodges are achieved.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • MikKro wrote: »
    This got me the evasion feat done
    ibeszaxbgicx.png

And this the TM feat, JTR not mandatory
    db1nymy1no2e.png

Don't have sep droids (just got to gas p4) no see. I tried vader and maul lead for the feats.

I'll say again, go ahead and guess what tier that video is from.
  • No JTR either. No CLS. 5.6mil GP.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Show me where they have preloaded TM (Zolo taking a bonus turn at the start and feeding TM to the team via CLS leadership isn't preloading TM). I'd like to know which ability is getting bypassed that should go first. If you're talking about Wat going after Zolo that's how it always goes - Zolo bonus turn > Wat's bonus turn.

Han goes, sure. Sometimes. There's many turns that happen before wat goes. I have to use KRU just to give wat a turn at all. It's pretty obvious there's preloaded TM.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD-W9_fcqOI&feature=youtu.be
    Very first battle - Han shoots first on my Nute, then my Wat immediately goes next - just as expected.
    Now show me a video where Han shoots on anyone but Wat and Wat does NOT go after Han.
  • nabokovfan wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

Han goes, sure. Sometimes. There's many turns that happen before wat goes. I have to use KRU just to give wat a turn at all. It's pretty obvious there's preloaded TM.

Looks like a zeta is missing
  • MikKro wrote: »

Looks like a zeta is missing

It's not, I checked his roster.
  • Then wat is stunned and skipped a turn. Restart
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member
    5.6m GP and no sep droids, JTR, or CLS?

This is not an "event is broken" situation.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vader led control team also works great for the TM reduction (think toons that apply things like ability block, fear, counter prevention (like isolate or fracture), Stun, stagger...
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    Vader led control team also works great for the TM reduction (think toons that apply things like ability block, fear, counter prevention (like isolate or fracture), Stun, stagger...

Wouldn’t be surprised if OP doesn’t have Vader either
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator

"pretty obvious"
    nabnujqzewlj.png
  • Just throw a fast Han on whatever team you're running and shoot their Han. Ta-da.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Just throw a fast Han on whatever team you're running and shoot their Han. Ta-da.

OP doesn't have CLS, so i doubt he has a Han Solo at g13 to outspeed opposing han
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Wasn’t even that difficult, people are just angry that they have to strategize to beat difficult content.

Beat T7 using R4 GG, R4 B1, R5 Wat & G12 B2 / Magna in 2 tries

Beat the 400% Tm feat with the same team but nute instead of B2 first try

Beat the evasion feat with resistance
  • “ This event is intended for the seperatists faction”

It doesn’t mean you will use one faction for every feat.

The entire premise of GCs is to theorycraft different combinations of characters in a unique way.

This GC is in no way broken. It took me 3 different teams to get the separatist win, evasion, and TM down feats. Nothing wrong with that.
  • SemiGod wrote: »
    Beat T7 using R4 GG, R4 B1, R5 Wat & G12 B2 / Magna in 2 tries

You beating this in 2 tries is not good strategy, it’s good RNG.
  • I'm confused. You are complaining that jtr is required for the tm feat, but also complaining how it's not possible to do the evasion feat with a normal pkayers r roster with 2 GLs. And yet jtr should be part of anyone's roster who has 2 GLs. And guess who's good at the evasion feat? Jtr+bb8.

On another note, I know someone who did get the tm feat with the standard gg+wat team for this fight. So jtr is not actually required.
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    I'm confused. You are complaining that jtr is required for the tm feat, but also complaining how it's not possible to do the evasion feat with a normal pkayers r roster with 2 GLs. And yet jtr should be part of anyone's roster who has 2 GLs. And guess who's good at the evasion feat? Jtr+bb8.

On another note, I know someone who did get the tm feat with the standard gg+wat team for this fight. So jtr is not actually required.

OP has no sep droids

or jtr

or cls

ewoks maybe?
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'm confused. You are complaining that jtr is required for the tm feat, but also complaining how it's not possible to do the evasion feat with a normal pkayers r roster with 2 GLs. And yet jtr should be part of anyone's roster who has 2 GLs. And guess who's good at the evasion feat? Jtr+bb8.

OP has no sep droids

or jtr

or cls

ewoks maybe?

Clearly a 'normal' players roster then...haha
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    TVF wrote: »

OP has no sep droids

or jtr

or cls

ewoks maybe?

Clearly a 'normal' players roster then...haha

Hey my alt only has CLS and Ewoks.

Of course, my alt is only 2.4m GP. So this GC isn't really for my alt either.
  • Borat wrote: »
    not being able to beat t6 and 7 does not mean it is pay to win. How are GCs pay to win as they do not require toons that are not farmable. The only one was the mando feat but he is farmable now so the first couple of GCs had a paywall, now it is just patience and team farming. If you have a 7 mil or higher GP then you have been playing long enough to have what is needed to beat most if not all of these with relative ease.

If you are a 4 mil or less GP player, unless you hyper focused your farming, it will be very difficult. Between 4 and 7 depends on what you have farmed/not farmed and geared/relic'ed. You can get top rewards without paying a cent if you happen to have the right set of toons to do it.

I am sick of every event that comes out being pay to win only because a few free to play players did not strategically farm or chose to go another route making the event impossible for them AT THE MOMENT. Farm for the next time then and you'll get it. This game only give paying players an immediate advantage over free to play but over time you catch up. There are plenty of free to play players in my arena that take the top spot with JML or Rey but it took them 6 months to get there.

Patience is the name of this game without credit cards. You want some cheese with that whine?

So just to be clear, you believe in April the second GC of every week will still be Beskar Mando feats? In July? That's curious. Because most people are under the impression every month it will be a different *new* toon given CG's communication on the subject. Would love to know where you got the idea Beskar Mando isn't going to be switched out for the next character CG can profit off of.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Thanks for moving the thread to kill it. Typical.

"Arena and strategy" vs. Idk. The active thing right now section.

@nabokovfan your topic seems to suggest that you need strategy help. That seems to be the only thing "broken" here.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Thanks for moving the thread to kill it. Typical.

"Arena and strategy" vs. Idk. The active thing right now section.

@nabokovfan your topic seems to suggest that you need strategy help. That seems to be the only thing "broken" here.

I finished the event with max rewards. Please be respectful.