Tatooine GC Intended Mechanic or Bug?

Darion
75 posts Member
edited January 2021
With this Tatooine GC, the rebels get extra attack possibilities on critical hits.

First thought to bonus attacks is to use padme's unique; however the extra attacks do not appear to trigger her bonus protection.

Am I the only one experiencing this, is it a bug or was it intentional?

-edit padme lead : padme's unique
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Darion wrote: »
    With this Tatooine GC, the rebels get extra attack possibilities on critical hits.

First thought to bonus attacks is to use padme's unique; however the extra attacks do not appear to trigger her bonus protection.

Am I the only one experiencing this, is it a bug or was it intentional?

-edit padme lead : padme's unique

The bonus attack's are just that - bonus attacks on that character's turn. Padme's unique provides protection up on attacks out of turn. So, appears to be WAI.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I mostly get what you mean, but why would Hans basic trigger the bonus protection? "...Han uses his basic attack, he attacks again...".

I am sure you get what I mean, its not that they are getting a bonus turn to attack, they are attacking again, in typical modes this triggers the bonus protection (Leia, Greedo, Han, Vet Han...) and they all have varying descriptions of their respective bonus attacks.

Leia - "70% chance to attack a second time and a 55% chance to attack a third time"
    Greedo - "chance to attack again whenever he scores a critical hit (no cap)"
    Han - "...Han uses his basic attack, he attacks again..."
    Vet Han - "50% chance to attack again"

GC Buff - "they have a 100% chance to attack again"
  • Is Hermit Yoda's zeta meant to be useless in this GC? He's not getting 100% TM when someone dies with Master's Training.
  • Is Hermit Yoda's zeta meant to be useless in this GC? He's not getting 100% TM when someone dies with Master's Training.

I obviously do not know the details of your battle but it is possible that the TM gain from the rebels could have exceeded your 100% gain....
  • I don’t know that it’s working properly. I tried several times and noticed I was still getting critically hit even when I had prot up with a Padme team.
  • GC in general to me is a broken mode. like tournaments when they were introduced back in the day the system had some potential just like GC had some potential. the problem i see is the development team doesnt know how to support or setup this system so just like tournaments its a broken mode because their isnt a development team capable of designing an effective system.
    Is Hermit Yoda's zeta meant to be useless in this GC? He's not getting 100% TM when someone dies with Master's Training.

I obviously do not know the details of your battle but it is possible that the TM gain from the rebels could have exceeded your 100% gain....

Wasn't me (I don't have the zeta) but numerous guildmates do and are reporting that when someone dies with master's Training, HYoda's TM isn't increasing at all. It stays at whatever it was before they died. It's like they don't even have the zeta.
  • GC in general to me is a broken mode. like tournaments when they were introduced back in the day the system had some potential just like GC had some potential. the problem i see is the development team doesnt know how to support or setup this system so just like tournaments its a broken mode because their isnt a development team capable of designing an effective system.

What is broken about it? Genuine question.

Like, doesn't function? It works

Like, functions with bugs? I haven't really seen too many, there are some ofc.

Like, too hard and rng? Sure, some GCs are harder than others, all are very completable though, short of the BAM feats if you don't have him.
  • I did notice one time Han attacked 7 times in a row. It was at the start of the battle so 2 attacks right away for that, but I would have assumed that the modifier for rebels would have only allowed a max of 6 attacks with the decreasing chance to attack again?

Finally beat it but this was one infuriating GC watching the rebs just go ham on my team for what seemed like forever!

Like, too hard and rng? Sure, some GCs are harder than others, all are very completable though, short of the BAM feats if you don't have him.

broken as in the intention of what GC were sold to us as. this isnt fun or engaging. besides the pay 2 win aspects it doesnt keep the player base engaged in the game. i know tons of people who spend an hour trying to get the feat and when they do they curse on discord at the system only to do the same thing a couple days later in the next gc. your supposed to get excited and enjoy beating some of the feats but i dont see many people enjoying the process and alot of times the only thing they understand about it is how the setup was designed to let you play to t4 and then struggle on everything above unless you are a whale or spend tons of time swapping mods and other things to play gc. then to add to it the loot boxes cnat be received unless you go delete mods because all these events give you tons of health mods. so its a borken system. i dont even play gc anymore and could care less about falling behind because alot of the people that are engaging in it on a week by week basis i see getting worn down and quitting or going casual. so i just dont play it so it doesnt put me in a feeling to want to quit.

broken as in the intention of what GC were sold to us as. this isnt fun or engaging. besides the pay 2 win aspects it doesnt keep the player base engaged in the game. i know tons of people who spend an hour trying to get the feat and when they do they curse on discord at the system only to do the same thing a couple days later in the next gc. your supposed to get excited and enjoy beating some of the feats but i dont see many people enjoying the process and alot of times the only thing they understand about it is how the setup was designed to let you play to t4 and then struggle on everything above unless you are a whale or spend tons of time swapping mods and other things to play gc. then to add to it the loot boxes cnat be received unless you go delete mods because all these events give you tons of health mods. so its a borken system. i dont even play gc anymore and could care less about falling behind because alot of the people that are engaging in it on a week by week basis i see getting worn down and quitting or going casual. so i just dont play it so it doesnt put me in a feeling to want to quit.

A Galactic Challenge is a Challenge, imagine that.

Too many people think they are entitled to free lootboxes.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    StarDog89 wrote: »
    I did notice one time Han attacked 7 times in a row. It was at the start of the battle so 2 attacks right away for that, but I would have assumed that the modifier for rebels would have only allowed a max of 6 attacks with the decreasing chance to attack again?

Finally beat it but this was one infuriating GC watching the rebs just go ham on my team for what seemed like forever!

How do you figure a max? It just says the chancd is decreased to 25% for attacks beyond the first. So they could theoretically have infinite attacks with the right rng.
  • StarDog89 wrote: »
    I did notice one time Han attacked 7 times in a row. It was at the start of the battle so 2 attacks right away for that, but I would have assumed that the modifier for rebels would have only allowed a max of 6 attacks with the decreasing chance to attack again?

There's no limit on the number of attacks they can make - the first follow-up is 100%, and the subsequent ones are 25%, but they're independent events. Every one has a 25% chance of happening. It's a lot like Greedo's multi-attack ability.
  • hey @crzydroid I see you responded to someone's post in this thread; could you address the larger thread concern?
    Darion wrote: »
    I mostly get what you mean, but why would Hans basic trigger the bonus protection? "...Han uses his basic attack, he attacks again...".

I am sure you get what I mean, its not that they are getting a bonus turn to attack, they are attacking again, in typical modes this triggers the bonus protection (Leia, Greedo, Han, Vet Han...) and they all have varying descriptions of their respective bonus attacks.

Leia - "70% chance to attack a second time and a 55% chance to attack a third time"

In your opinion judging from the wording, is it intended to function this way in which these multi shooters should be shooting through padme's protection up unique in the larger game at hand or is it a bug and should be getting triggered.

A Galactic Challenge is a Challenge, imagine that.

Too many people think they are entitled to free lootboxes.

RNG is the challenge? There's no strategy for RNG. Just bang your head against a wall x amount of times and eventually RNG will go your way. Maybe you find that fun. I don't know of anyone else that does though. No amount of strategy can account for Han murdering a toon before you have a chance to attack. Or ahsoka fulcrum whacking a GL repeatedly until they're dead.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    hey @crzydroid I see you responded to someone's post in this thread; could you address the larger thread concern?
    I mostly get what you mean, but why would Hans basic trigger the bonus protection? "...Han uses his basic attack, he attacks again...".

In your opinion judging from the wording, is it intended to function this way in which these multi shooters should be shooting through padme's protection up unique in the larger game at hand or is it a bug and should be getting triggered.

Only out of turn attacks should trigger the bonus protection. Are you sure it was Han's bonus shot triggering it and not the assist from 3PAC?
    Is Hermit Yoda's zeta meant to be useless in this GC? He's not getting 100% TM when someone dies with Master's Training.

Wasn't me (I don't have the zeta) but numerous guildmates do and are reporting that when someone dies with master's Training, HYoda's TM isn't increasing at all. It stays at whatever it was before they died. It's like they don't even have the zeta.

If you use padme in your team padme prevents the bonus TM
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Sanderzas wrote: »

If you use padme in your team padme prevents the bonus TM

They were running Jedi, not Padme. JKL lead specifically and JKL does not prevent TM.
  • This is the case of crazy mechanics, not broke. For instance, remodding your GG team for potency to land stuns would go a long way in this GC if they are only G12. Gonna take like 120ish potency though to be safe. Luke, Jan, Chewpio stun in that order and try to stop old ben from mind tricking. Swapping in Nute for DDk is wise.