SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Mirkraag wrote: »
    People claiming see needs a buff are so wrong. Just because slkr win very easily. He is a monster against EVERY other gls. And bad in raids like every other gls except slkr. Be serious people.

To be fair SEE is substantially worse than both Rey (20% in P1 or 8% in P2/3/4) and JML (15% in P2/3 or 5% in P4) in CRancor, compared to SEEs 3% teams in P1/2/3. Im not bothered by his lackluster raid performance, but it is unfair to Rey and JML to say they are as bad as SEE for raids.
  • Decado wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    People claiming see needs a buff are so wrong. Just because slkr win very easily. He is a monster against EVERY other gls. And bad in raids like every other gls except slkr. Be serious people.

To be fair SEE is substantially worse than both Rey (20% in P1 or 8% in P2/3/4) and JML (15% in P2/3 or 5% in P4) in CRancor, compared to SEEs 3% teams in P1/2/3. Im not bothered by his lackluster raid performance, but it is unfair to Rey and JML to say they are as bad as SEE for raids.

I think they’re on to something. If you ignore all the arguments we’ve made and just focus on this persons miss-characterization, they nailed it!
  • It's just curious...right now the jedi can spell more effective debuffs then sith. Yeah traya is a solution, but your troops take hard dmg. when I use traya, vader e.g. has only 1/2 health at his first move.because of cleaning the debuffs.

There was a time, when sith (dark side) use negative buffs and light side had the advance of positive effects.

Summa sumarum, SEE is right now okay fighting jml, but everything else he is worse. He is not the powerfull character he should be like in the new canon.
    He ruled the galactic republic,the empire, the first order and the sith at his lifetime.
  • It's just curious...right now the jedi can spell more effective debuffs then sith. Yeah traya is a solution, but your troops take hard dmg. when I use traya, vader e.g. has only 1/2 health at his first move.because of cleaning the debuffs.

There was a time, when sith (dark side) use negative buffs and light side had the advance of positive effects.

Summa sumarum, SEE is right now okay fighting jml, but everything else he is worse. He is not the powerfull character he should be like in the new canon.
    He ruled the galactic republic,the empire, the first order and the sith at his lifetime.

Two quick points:

1) SEE + Wat can beat Rey teams, so no, not worse against everything except JML. He owns, JML and can beat beat Rey fairly easily with the right comp. He can also beat SLKR with Armorer.

2) Canon/lore is not an argument. You are playing a holotable game in a cantina, not a Star Wars simulation.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Can we take a moment to discuss "Summa sumarum"?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SEE was actually useful in today's Galactic Challenge. So yay?
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It's just curious...right now the jedi can spell more effective debuffs then sith. Yeah traya is a solution, but your troops take hard dmg. when I use traya, vader e.g. has only 1/2 health at his first move.because of cleaning the debuffs.

Two quick points:

1) SEE + Wat can beat Rey teams, so no, not worse against everything except JML. He owns, JML and can beat beat Rey fairly easily with the right comp. He can also beat SLKR with Armorer.

2) Canon/lore is not an argument. You are playing a holotable game in a cantina, not a Star Wars simulation.

1) with the exception of JML under bastila lead with wat.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It's just curious...right now the jedi can spell more effective debuffs then sith. Yeah traya is a solution, but your troops take hard dmg. when I use traya, vader e.g. has only 1/2 health at his first move.because of cleaning the debuffs.

Two quick points:

1) with the exception of JML under bastila lead with wat.

Against that combo, I found a working team.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    WINDSEEKER wrote: »
    148 pages , SEE is still a piece of crap :#

ishethough.gif
  • WINDSEEKER wrote: »

And per swgoh.gg counters he has fewer counters and a higher counter win percentage than JML.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett

xy3ssjquq28g.jpg

As per this post CG generally seems to not be happy with teams that perform better when undersized. Was wondering if you could answer whether that is still the stance CG takes Doja? I ask due to the prevalance and frequency of which SEE is both undersizing and being undersized, and the prevalence of undergeared SEE/Armorer teams being used, both of which seem counter to the stance mentioned in the above post.

I have personally tested SEE/Wat against a SEE/SE team and beaten it easily, yet tried SEE/Wat/Relic Triumvirate against the exact same lineup and had a much much harder battle resulting in a loss. SEE/Trio is one of the most common lineups and generally agreed to be some of if not the most effective sith to run under SEE, yet they perform worse as a full team than they did with just Wat against SEE.

SEE is very easily capable of undersizing most Rey teams with just Wat brought along, and bringing additional characters typically wont actually impact the matchup at all. The same can be said for most JML teams.

SEE is very easily beaten by undersize teams, solos by SLKR and duos with Wat by Rey and SEE being the commonly seen ones.

In addition to this we now have the Armorer out, and SEE is absolutely dumpstering SLKR teams with a theoretical minimum (as in I have better than this but it can easily be done using the following) of SEE/Thrawn (r6 due to SEE reqs, but could easily be used at g11/12 or lower depending on speed if he wasnt a SEE req)/Pretaunt (g12 or so SET/KRU/Shore works fine)/Han (5* g6 to unlock and max out unique, no mods, no zeta)/Armorer (3* g6 to unlock and max out her unique, no mods, no zeta).

An arena team, capable of beating the GLs and their high relic teams, needs ONE GEARED CHARACTER, a 3* and 5* at g6, a g12, and another at R6 purely from unlocking SEE, and with only 3 of the team modded (or two in my case since my SET is R5 and has to be demodded to work with Armorer). This greatly cheapens the value of other fully reliced and well modded GL teams in arena in my opinion.

Now the post from crumb states "performs better when undersized or lower investment", so this largely fits under that category, as the teams mentioned above will typically perform the same or better when geared or additional characters are added. Thats stretching it preeeetty far to be able to say that in your eyes nothing here goes against crumbs post in my opinion.

To be clear, I am not advocating for buffs/nerfs to SEE or any other related characters. I am asking for an update on CGs stance toward issues that are highlighted by SEE and related characters.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    You are talking about a GL undersizing another GL, which seems to be fine to me
  • Ugh. I was really hoping you wouldnt merge that post into here @Kyno. It mentions SEE, but it really isnt a SEE power level topic, nor was it anything to do with balance. Its a policy question and you just resigned it to the graveyard because doja doesnt communicate here unless its a monthly update kinda thing.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Can we take a moment to discuss "Summa sumarum"?

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/summa_summarum

enjoy
  • WINDSEEKER wrote: »

And per swgoh.gg counters he has fewer counters and a higher counter win percentage than JML.

He probably has a higher win percentage than JML because SEE owners likely use him only against JML which is a guaranteed win unless it's against Bastila lead. If you go off my arena stats alone, SEE is the far superior GL to SLKR, but only because I use SEE only against JML and SLKR against other teams and lose every now and then.

On a different note, I'm soooooo happy (/s) that I got a response as to why linked jedi don't lose protection in the Places of Power assault battle. It's the wrong kind of protection and so linking doesn't do squat. You know that kid when you were younger and you were playing cowboys and indians or something and you pretend shot him only for him to go 'I have bulletproof armour on, doesn't count' and it would peeve you off no end? Well that's CG right there with 'the wrong type of protection'.
  • CUFCfan wrote: »
    On a different note, I'm soooooo happy (/s) that I got a response as to why linked jedi don't lose protection in the Places of Power assault battle. It's the wrong kind of protection and so linking doesn't do squat. You know that kid when you were younger and you were playing cowboys and indians or something and you pretend shot him only for him to go 'I have bulletproof armour on, doesn't count' and it would peeve you off no end? Well that's CG right there with 'the wrong type of protection'.

Yeah, it's similar to why Bastila lead Luke is so bad. It's the wrong kind of protection for SEE to drain, but it's the right kind of protection for Wat's tech to boost it.
  • Not removing protection from a once per month event is definitely something to be upset about...
  • Ultra wrote: »
    You are talking about a GL undersizing another GL, which seems to be fine to me

This. The current situation regarding SEE and his ability to undersize other GLs is very different from GAS or NS Zombie - they are not GLs. SEE is. One GL being a counter to another (albeit an undersized one) is not nearly the same issue. Honestly, given the numerous complaints in this thread regarding SEE's performance, the fact that it's him that can undersize several other GLs seems to speak to what is actual strength is.

TL;DR - if you're not using SEE for offense in GAC, where he gives you a significant banner advantage compared to other GL counters, you are misusing him (at least in GAC).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TuncBlack wrote: »

Yes, my apprentice. Say your wish and it will appear before you.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    TuncBlack wrote: »

Yes, my apprentice. Say your wish and it will appear before you.

26gwlbtru6jv.gif
  • SEE getting 56 banners against r7 revan bastilla and malak in GAC was pretty epic
  • Guys, Feb is traditionally Sith month.

Do you think we will see KOTOR Sith, buff to SEE or OG Sith or Snoke?
  • SithAmer wrote: »
    Guys, Feb is traditionally Sith month

It wasn't in 2019 or 2020.
  • SithAmer wrote: »
    Guys, Feb is traditionally Sith month.

Do you think we will see KOTOR Sith, buff to SEE or OG Sith or Snoke?

Probably a new jedi who is immune to fear
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    SithAmer wrote: »
    Guys, Feb is traditionally Sith month

It wasn't in 2019 or 2020.

A tradition unlike any other.
  • TVF wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    SithAmer wrote: »