Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• Can we please get a system where we can craft gear pieces into whole parts, even if we don’t have a character with that specific gear?
  • Lol @ this thread when it’s been weeks snd nothing has come of this. Who in their tribute mind really thinks CG cares? Not this guy.
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Lol @ this thread when it’s been weeks snd nothing has come of this. Who in their tribute mind really thinks CG cares? Not this guy.

Doja said pretty early on this was going to be a slow burner, what exactly were you expecting ?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Lol @ this thread when it’s been weeks snd nothing has come of this. Who in their tribute mind really thinks CG cares? Not this guy.

So now you are going to complain about this? Not really surprised, but thanks for adding to the topic.

So now you are going to complain about this? Not really surprised, but thanks for adding to the topic.

Oh I’m sorry, should I be happy that, just like the thread for officer tools/help, this has not yielded anything at all?

My bad, it’s awesome that nothings come of this yet :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Oh I’m sorry, should I be happy that, just like the thread for officer tools/help, this has not yielded anything at all?

Or you could read the thread and actually see what he said and base your expectations on what is said.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Kyno wrote: »

Or you could read the thread and actually see what he said and base your expectations on what is said.

The dangerous thing about anger is that it can dissipate if you aren't careful.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »

I have read the thread. I know there’s no direct answers coming to the thread. However this was created back in November. It is now almost February and nothing has come from this well of information. Just like the thread that was asking what tools guild officers wanted to see added to help them. That went nowhere either. So forgive me for being a but abrasive and cynical, but as noble and sincere as Doja’s intentions are, I don’t feel even remotely the same about any dev with the power to make actual change in this game.
  • TVF wrote: »

The dangerous thing about anger is that it can dissipate if you aren't careful.

More like annoyance
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I have read the thread. I know there’s no direct answers coming to the thread. However this was created back in November. It is now almost February and nothing has come from this well of information. Just like the thread that was asking what tools guild officers wanted to see added to help them. That went nowhere either. So forgive me for being a but abrasive and cynical, but as noble and sincere as Doja’s intentions are, I don’t feel even remotely the same about any dev with the power to make actual change in this game.

I guess we have different understanding of what was said, because from what Doja has said, you comparison of those threads makes no sense, and your expectations and arbitrary timeline seem to be a misrepresentation of what was stated.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

I guess we have different understanding of what was said, because from what Doja has said, you comparison of those threads makes no sense, and your expectations and arbitrary timeline seem to be a misrepresentation of what was stated.

The part about the officer thread is still valid, though. When is anything coming from that?
    Also, if we should consider this thread at "lower level" than that one, it would have to be worse than useless.

I didn’t place any timeline. All I said was after two months that this is going the route of the officer tool thread. I know Doja specifically said this thread is a well of knowledge. However that doesn’t take away from the validity of me saying that nothing has been pulled from it. So just like the officer tool thread which was completely tossed aside and, news flash, zero has changed for the better as far as officer tool, this isn’t pushing any positive changes yet.

Actually with the Crancor raid, the lives of guild officers have been made exponentially more difficult. Hey, they’re looking at it though!

Bottom line, Doja’s head and heart are in the right place and doing what he can for us. However those higher than him don’t give a Wampas behind about us other than as a source of income. They couldn’t care less about our in game experience so long as the checks keep getting cashed
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021

I didn’t place any timeline. All I said was after two months that this is going the route of the officer tool thread. I know Doja specifically said this thread is a well of knowledge. However that doesn’t take away from the validity of me saying that nothing has been pulled from it. So just like the officer tool thread which was completely tossed aside and, news flash, zero has changed for the better as far as officer tool, this isn’t pushing any positive changes yet.

Actually with the Crancor raid, the lives of guild officers have been made exponentially more difficult. Hey, they’re looking at it though!

Bottom line, Doja’s head and heart are in the right place and doing what he can for us. However those higher than him don’t give a Wampas behind about us other than as a source of income. They couldn’t care less about our in game experience so long as the checks keep getting cashed

You did place a timeline, and no it's not going that route, because it has been explained that this has no real destination.

You need something to be aggravated about, fine, but if you put it on this thread "going somewhere " it is misplaced IMO, as he has stated.

No there is no comparison to the other thread.

If you hate this game so much, then I personally believe you are just doing something wrong, there is no need to be aggravated about anything in this thread, unless you just need somewhere to point your general aggravation.

You did place a timeline, and no it's not going that route, because it has been explained that this has no real destination.

You need something to be aggravated about, fine, but if you put it on this thread "going somewhere " it is misplaced IMO, as he has stated.

If you hate this game so much, then I personally believe you are just doing something wrong, there is no need to be aggravated about anything in this thread, unless you just need somewhere to point your general aggravation.

Ok, so Doja made this thread as a well of knowledge , in his own words. Something that I suggested when he first got hired, but my thread was closed as it was deemed unproductive. Not the point though.

This thread was started back in November. There have been scores of great ideas to implement into the game and the like. How many used? Zero? That’s my point. Just like the thread about the officer tools which was supposed to do the same, was created, great ideas thrown out and it went totally ignored.
    So the comparison is actually valid.

Also I don’t hate the game. Quite the opposite, there’s a reason why I’m so passionate about it. I hate how CG manages the game though. I hate how they treat their player base. I hate how they act like they’re doing us a favor by communicating with us, or changing things for the better in the game that many of us have paid quite a lot of money to play.
    So if I seem aggravated it’s at the devs for mistreating it’s playerbase and by refusing to do basic things to make this game truly great.

Ok, so Doja made this thread as a well of knowledge , in his own words. Something that I suggested when he first got hired, but my thread was closed as it was deemed unproductive. Not the point though.

This thread was started back in November. There have been scores of great ideas to implement into the game and the like. How many used? Zero? That’s my point. Just like the thread about the officer tools which was supposed to do the same, was created, great ideas thrown out and it went totally ignored.

Also I don’t hate the game. Quite the opposite, there’s a reason why I’m so passionate about it. I hate how CG manages the game though. I hate how they treat their player base. I hate how they act like they’re doing us a favor by communicating with us, or changing things for the better in the game that many of us have paid quite a lot of money to play.
    So if I seem aggravated it’s at the devs for mistreating it’s playerbase and by refusing to do basic things to make this game truly great.

This thread was never about ideas to implement into the game. It was about ideas for community engagement, stuff we’d like to know about not stuff we’d like to see come into the game Doja was very clear about that several times. He was also clear that this would be a slow burner implying that we wouldn’t see any results from this for at least a few months so I get that you’re annoyed by some of the stuff in the game, as you should but you’re getting angry at the wrong thread
  • Ships are lacking 21 non capitals to fill out a complete 8 fleets. Give some obvious pilots their ship, ahem CLS.
    A few pilotless but not too many please, there's no working those any stronger than the given, I like that most ships require equal effort into the pilot.
    Territory wars is where I noticed, had another capital, however worthless his ship, there were wounded fleets that if only Tarkin had some Ties it could have turned the tide.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Again, please go back and read.

Why would scores of thing to implement in game be important to the topic and wifes of what this thread is? That is literally not the stated point.

Also, there is the arbitrary timeline again.

The point is you are missing the point and you seem to be aggravated about this thread not suiting your goals and not the goal of what it is. Again, the comparison is not valid, as this has nothing to do with ideas of things to implement in game.

This is mean to be talking points "of interest" for him to discuss outwardly facing when he has a spot for it.

You seem aggravated because you are saying you are, which is fine, but directing it at this thread and the percieved "inaction " is misguided and shows a misunderstanding of what Doja has said here.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gouj4 wrote: »

This thread was never about ideas to implement into the game. It was about ideas for community engagement, stuff we’d like to know about not stuff we’d like to see come into the game Doja was very clear about that several times. He was also clear that this would be a slow burner implying that we wouldn’t see any results from this for at least a few months so I get that you’re annoyed by some of the stuff in the game, as you should but you’re getting angry at the wrong thread

This.

Also very much the last line.
  • I appreciate everyone who has contributed a point or added to the conversation on this thread. I had nothing to do with that officer tools thread, so idk what to tell ya about that. What I can say about this thread is that it's helped me to compile a running list of things that I can try to work with when the time is right. Some things I may never get around to, some issues may perhaps enter into play if the studio is doing something related, etc.

But, likely the most useful and soon-to-be-realized thing this thread will help contribute to is a new project I've been working on that will take the place of Q&A. It'll be much different than the old version and I'm excited about it. That's all I can say for now, other than I'm hoping it'll debut at some point in the next few weeks to a month.

I understand not everything moves as quickly as some of us would like (myself included), but that's not something I can control.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    But, likely the most useful and soon-to-be-realized thing this thread will help contribute to is a new project I've been working on that will take the place of Q&A. It'll be much different than the old version and I'm excited about it. That's all I can say for now, other than I'm hoping it'll debut at some point in the next few weeks to a month.

whatever it is

if crumb isn't in it, im not interested
  • Ultra wrote: »

whatever it is

if crumb isn't in it, im not interested

xgggfe7ygfzy.png
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Yea for Q&Aish coming

RIP Monday morsels.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nice, with all the responses from Doja, this thread is already going better than the one about officer tools. Looking forward to the new iteration of Q&A.
    Also, in the new Q&A, will there be a point in asking about the same stuff we asked here or are the questions already noted so repeating is useless?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Nauros ask whatever you want, even if it was asked here. They are not going to cross check between the 2.
  • Any plan to fix the missing buttons issue? It's been back with a vengeance since December.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Any plan to fix the missing buttons issue? It's been back with a vengeance since December.

Has happened to me once in the past several months. Check your device.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Any plan to fix the missing buttons issue? It's been back with a vengeance since December.

Has happened to me recently in an arena match, of all places. My device is fine.
  • TVF wrote: »

I use multiple devices as well as Bluestacks. The bug went away for a long time (like a year) but has popped up on all devices on a semi-regular basis recently. It'd be nice if game updates didn't necro old bugs, but here we are. A quick glance at EA Answers will confirm it isn't just me - lots of new reports with no response from anyone over there.

It's also been joined by a new (to me) bug where the music/sound and input continues normally, but there are no updates to the graphics. It certainly adds quite a bit of difficulty when you don't know who you are targeting, what ability you are activating, or the status of any of the characters.

At the very least I'd like to see the bug back on the dev tracker so that it can be properly ignored like the Unending Loyalty one.

• BeralCator wrote: »

I use multiple devices as well as Bluestacks. The bug went away for a long time (like a year) but has popped up on all devices on a semi-regular basis recently. It'd be nice if game updates didn't necro old bugs, but here we are. A quick glance at EA Answers will confirm it isn't just me - lots of new reports with no response from anyone over there.

It's also been joined by a new (to me) bug where the music/sound and input continues normally, but there are no updates to the graphics. It certainly adds quite a bit of difficulty when you don't know who you are targeting, what ability you are activating, or the status of any of the characters.

At the very least I'd like to see the bug back on the dev tracker so that it can be properly ignored like the Unending Loyalty one.

I passed along the message that players are noting a seeming uptick in this issue.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Has happened to me recently in an arena match, of all places. My device is fine.

Are you sure?

Is your phone old? Is it low on memory or storage? Have you not restarted it lately? Have you not closed the app lately?

This discussion has been closed.