Adventures in Discord

Prev13
Hello Holotable Heroes,

Crumb and I made our way onto the SWGOH Events Discord server earlier today and had fun hanging out and chatting with folks over there.

We'll probably do it again, so I wanted to say a few words about that here.

As we make our way onto other platforms and think about broadening the way we engage with our community of players, the forums will likely remain the place where official news and updates are provided first. So, we will not discuss any unannounced (or controversial) topics in Discord. We also are unlikely to reply to friend requests/DMs (especially on Discord). It's not because we don't enjoy chatting with most of you, rather we simply don't have time in our day to be able to respond to personal messages while also working on the other exciting (and not-so-exciting) projects and tasks for which we're responsible, including relaying community sentiment and advocating on your behalf the issues important to you.

The conversation moves fast on Discord and can be tricky to keep up with, so please bear with us and don't feel badly if we didn't get a chance to interact with ya. It's not on purpose (unless you said something toxic or brought up a topic we're not ready to discuss, in which case obviously we're going to ignore it). We'll do be our best to be inclusive and acknowledge good comments and questions. Also, on the subject of fast-moving conversation, much can get lost or unseen on Discord so the forums still remains the best place to make your thoughts and sentiment known, as it gives us the chance to check in over time, gather up topics and issues of interest, and relay it to the devs.

Having said that, Discord allows us the opportunity to interact with the community in a different, more casual way. While we are ready to chat about the game over there, we view our Discord participation more as a chance to collectively join in the player-focused zeitgeist, letting us get to know you all better while in return letting you get to know us better. It also allows us another resource for gathering community sentiment and to be present on another platform where players have already been joining in the spirit of comradery that SWGoH has spawned amongst its passionate player base.

I would personally like to thank the admin and mods over at SWGOH Events for letting us participate and making us feel welcomed. I also would like to thank the people who showed up, chimed in, and interacted with us. It just goes to show what a special bunch of folks we have in our Galaxy of Heroes community.

Cheers,

Doja Fett

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    It was fun, and I hope we see other CG staff actively chat with the players too!
  • This is nice, but when are you going to reach back out to the youtube community and make things right with them?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    This is nice, but when are you going to reach back out to the youtube community and make things right with them?

Doja and Crumb were chatting, and joking around with some of the biggest SWGOH YouTube personalities earlier today on discord
  • Ultra wrote: »
    This is nice, but when are you going to reach back out to the youtube community and make things right with them?

Doja and Crumb were chatting, and joking around with some of the biggest SWGOH YouTube personalities earlier today on discord

I know it’s probably a tall order, but any way someone has the highlights of such conversations?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

I know it’s probably a tall order, but any way someone has the highlights of such conversations?

Wasnt really anything of substance, just hangin out. Only nugget was that the road ahead is coming in a couple of days....oh and Darth Jar Jar..
  • This is nice, but when are you going to reach back out to the youtube community and make things right with them?

Let me translate this: "When are you going to reach out to Ahnaldt and profess your love for him giving him free reign to say and do whatever he wants?"

Hopefully never

• Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Wasnt really anything of substance, just hangin out. Only nugget was that the road ahead is coming in a couple of days....oh and Darth Jar Jar..

Oh god...Carth jar jar

Let me translate this: "When are you going to reach out to Ahnaldt and profess your love for him giving him free reign to say and do whatever he wants?"

Hopefully never

So much hate on Ahnaldt, huh?
  • You know when you show up at a party, make yourself seen, shake a hand or two, and make a quick exit? Awesome stuff.

• There's more in Dojas description of the Discord chat than there was actual Discord chat :D
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited January 2021
    e3w4e5e5gm8n.png

Doja, I know you mentioned highlighting top guilds, and showcasing them

Here's the leaderboard for this month, after speaking to some of the members of the #1 guild, they said they are happy to co-operate with you!

So feel free to reach out to FC Nova!

Some good ideas I've heard from top guild members in another server is:

1. In-Game Pop-up
    2. Customized portrait or title
  • To add on to that Ultra has said, achieving #1 in the leaderboard was an insane achievement by all of the members of FC Nova. Many long days/nights were spent for the bragging rights of claiming the top spot on the leaderboards. Unfortunately those leaderboard are pretty hidden inside menus so it would mean a lot to all of us if CG would start something recognizing the hard work of the top guilds since we don't get much use out of the extra zeta mats anymore :)
  • Jpfit262
    545 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Official news and sneak peaks have been coming on podcast and other forms of interview media ..... it has been a while since forums were the main hub for info. Often an update says see forum for more info and there isn’t anymore info.

So does this mean you won’t be releasing info through the other forms of media anymore?
  • Jpfit262 wrote: »
    Official news and sneak peaks have been coming on podcast and other forms of interview media ..... it has been a while since forums were the main hub for info. Often an update says see forum for more info and there isn’t anymore info.

So does this mean you won’t be releasing info through the other forms of media anymore?

We try to do it concurrently if we do put out news and announcements via other mediums. Point is we "likely" won't be breaking news on Discord until it's otherwise been made publicly available.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    e3w4e5e5gm8n.png

Here's the leaderboard for this month, after speaking to some of the members of the #1 guild, they said they are happy to co-operate with you!

1. In-Game Pop-up

I like this idea. The guild showcase is an idea we are exploring and would like to do, so I don't know exactly what it'll look like and it'll be a little bit before it premiers. But, again, I like this idea and am interested in the inside scoop of your achievement.
  • I don't want to take anything away from the MAWs, FCs, SL, GS, ANZGCs and TIs etc. of the world, but I would hope that when you do this you also branch out into the smaller guilds spotlight as well.

I love our kraken brethren, but engaging the smaller groups would foster love for the game for those "oft forgotten" by some of the community who are starting to learn the game and be the best they can be as they start to make their way into late and end game.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett That's good! You've taken your first step into a larger world.

https://youtu.be/535Zy_rf4NU
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Can you stop making announcements on galactic war report then?
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Or how about when the Star Wars YouTube channel will tell us about new characters days before we see anything here?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Doja this person does not speak for everyone.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I can speak for everyone in saying, Doja, they are both correct.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    51dn7tsu2or5.png

Ok, I think we all get it now......
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    e3w4e5e5gm8n.png

1. In-Game Pop-up

I like this idea. The guild showcase is an idea we are exploring and would like to do, so I don't know exactly what it'll look like and it'll be a little bit before it premiers. But, again, I like this idea and am interested in the inside scoop of your achievement.

Sent you a PM :smile:
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

When did i say i did speak for everyone?

That said... id prefer to read it here first and then go there to hear a bad podcast (feel free to disagree) if i wanted to hear none hard hitting / soft ball discussion of it.

Point is, he said "the forums will likely remain the place where official news and updates are provided first."

And GWR is not the forums and id really like it to be here first then it can go there (Just like he said).
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Crumb posting dank memes was the best:

dn55avwh6bxy.png

And I'm just going to drop this here as a reminder:

ssx4jopx6bcs.png
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    e3w4e5e5gm8n.png

1. In-Game Pop-up

They were the good ideas?! :-o