Assault battles reverted back to 1 day

Prev13
I know a lot of CG shills will say that we were never told that the assault battles were going to stay at 2 days. They also never said they weren't, it was actually never announced that they would be 2 days at all IIR, even for the holiday.

But either way, my main frustration is that the update yesterday was considered minor and there was no mention of this being changed.

0t1kco14y90v.png

But as you can see from the data mine, this was discovered:

kkiayyt1d3g8.png

And while you may say this won't effect tomorrows AB, or that this wasn't in the recent update, this update also included the player title "to me she is royalty." which was announced by Doja along with a screenshot.

Again, while this isn't a huge deal, its just another reminder of the lack of communication. It's also another instance of CG changing something everyone appreciated and benefited from. IMO these being 2 days really helped with the kyro farm that has become a huge grind along with the cost increase in the shard store.

Replies

• Wow, that really sucks.
  • This is very very disappointing to me, I understand they never said this was permanent. It just really hurts when you leave it up after what it was presumably for (Christmas?) and then after a while change it back without acknowledging it
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Every time this comes up, all I think about is TVF's Walking dead meme....and he was right.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I don't think there's anyone that is happy about this. Not even us shill employee plants.

With that said, a month of it was better than no month of it. Shrug.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It was confirmed, by me (after asking) that this was temporary. Not that that matters, but it's true.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/240320/assault-battle-challenges-now-2-days#latest
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    It was confirmed, by me (after asking) that this was temporary. Not that that matters, but it's true.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/240320/assault-battle-challenges-now-2-days#latest

Someone in this post said it wasn't ? Re-read and come again, tool.

OP did. Re-read and come again.
    I know a lot of CG shills will say that we were never told that the assault battles were going to stay at 2 days. They also never said they weren't,
  • They certainly got enough reminders from forum posts during AB days..
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    They never made an announcement that it was upped to 2 days, so its not a big deal to find out it reverted back to 1 day without any notice
  • Ultra wrote: »
    They never made an announcement that it was upped to 2 days, so its not a big deal to find out it reverted back to 1 day without any notice

Timing and context. Perhaps now wasn’t the best time to take away something from the player base after the Crancor drop and terrible handling of the blowback of it. Adding fuel to the fire IMO
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Timing and context. Perhaps now wasn’t the best time to take away something from the player base after the Crancor drop and terrible handling of the blowback of it. Adding fuel to the fire IMO

Why not?

They didn’t up AB because of CPit so no reason why they should keep it 2 days because of it

That is a completely separate subject w.r.t. ABs
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Oh sure like people wouldn't have complained regardless lol.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I don't think there's anyone that is happy about this. Not even us shill employee plants.

To assuage my natural disappointment with the inevitable return to the mean, I am engaging in a soothing distraction and I thank you for providing the seed: I see in my mind's eye luscious plants, bearing the budding fruit of shills, ripe for employment. (any and all puns probably intended)

Smart readers may stop here. But rest assured, more complaints exist below if you're insistent. Personally, I recommend just being glad for the rest.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Why not?

They didn’t up AB because of CPit so no reason why they should keep it 2 days because of it

Goodwill....by taking something away, regardless of if it was tied to Cpit or not, does not buy any goodwill. If you don't keep the customer happy, they go elsewhere...hence why MSF is and has been, beating SWGOH in downloads and money earned per month for quite some time now. Especially now in the era of minimal content, CG should be aiming to keep as many players as possible.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    It's always odd to me when people think they know how CG could make tons more money just by making people on the forums happy.

If it was that simple they'd have to be pretty stupid to not do it. I therefore believe it's not that simple.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    It's always odd to me when people think they know how CG could make tons more money just by making people on the forums happy.

If it was that simple they'd have to be pretty stupid to not do it. I therefore believe it's not that simple.

So you think that CG runs a perfect business that makes the most money they can?

Press X to doubt that the forum complainers could ever be satisfied
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Goodwill....by taking something away, regardless of if it was tied to Cpit or not, does not buy any goodwill.

Sooo... they give you some additional rewards for limited time, then this time come to end and you think they aren't acting in good will, really? Let's say you give a gift to someone, next day you don't and he complains about it. How would you feel about it? Would you call such behavior mature and logical?

It’s odd to me that you think people don’t know the simple concept of how to make a consumer base happy. Better customer relations and a happy consumer base means more people willing to spend, which means more income. It’s a fairly simple formula, one that CG doesn’t know how to grasp.

Why not?

Again lack of communication. They doubled the time of the AB’s. Awesome! Much appreciated and helps immensely with the gear crunch they refuse to ever fix. Had they said it would run from x time To y time, no issues. We were forewarned m.
    However with the lack of that communication leaving the ending of the extended AB’s open, as well as the terrible timing in the middle of the Crancor controversy, it makes it look worse. Ergo tone deafness of CG
  • Bel
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Well..., Kittens! It was nice while it lasted I guess. Was hoping that they might make it permanent. It had me thinking about dropping what I was doing and going back and gearing some characters/teams that I've had on the shelf, not that it wouldn't be worth it anyways I guess. Oh well, easy come easy go. /shrug

Oh sure like people wouldn't have complained regardless lol.

Of course they would. However the timing was terrible given the current issues. Also again, complaints in large part could’ve been avoided had they just said

“hey Holotable heroes, in light of the holidays and the new year we will be extended AB’s from one day to two from...to..... we hope you enjoy these extra rewards! Cya on the holotables!”

Then again...why would they? Pish posh with all that open communication nonsense.
  • Hortus wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Goodwill....by taking something away, regardless of if it was tied to Cpit or not, does not buy any goodwill.

Sooo... they give you some additional rewards for limited time, then this time come to end and you think they aren't acting in good will, really? Let's say you give a gift to someone, next day you don't and he complains about it. How would you feel about it? Would you call such behavior mature and logical?

Apples to oranges but w.e
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It’s odd to me that you think people don’t know the simple concept of how to make a consumer base happy. Better customer relations and a happy consumer base means more people willing to spend, which means more income. It’s a fairly simple formula, one that CG doesn’t know how to grasp.

Why not?

Willing to spend =/= spending, so no it does not equal more income. It may equal more potential, but as someone who has pointed at the lack of content, dont you think that potential may not be enough to actually increase spending?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Why not?

Willing to spend =/= spending, so no it does not equal more income. It may equal more potential, but as someone who has pointed at the lack of content, dont you think that potential may not be enough to actually increase spending?

I can speak for me. I did drop some cash after over a year of not spending because Doja came and communication seemed to be a priority for once. Its not panned out like I would have liked too, ie: Stay tuned for more in Jan.....*waits until the very last day to post*....things like that, so my wallet is closed again. I have talked to guildies and other players that feel the same, so doing small things does increase spending....to what extent, I do not know.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Much appreciated and helps immensely with the gear crunch they refuse to ever fix.

I never understood why people are expecting CG to "fix" the gear crunch, when farming for gear and not beeing able to maximise their characters without effort (or money) is one of the biggest parts that define the game.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

So you think that CG runs a perfect business that makes the most money they can?

I think they know more about what their business model is than any of us do.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Why not?

I can speak for me.

Exactly!

This is why they know better than you. Because you can only speak for you.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Blubcop wrote: »
    Much appreciated and helps immensely with the gear crunch they refuse to ever fix.

I never understood why people are expecting CG to "fix" the gear crunch, when farming for gear and not beeing able to maximise their characters without effort (or money) is one of the biggest parts that define the game.

Because they want free stuff.
  • How dare we actually want to play with the characters we spend so much time and effort gearing up. The audacity!
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Why not?

I can speak for me.

Exactly!

This is why they know better than you. Because you can only speak for you.
    Blubcop wrote: »

Because they want free stuff.

lol