[MEGATHREAD]: Road Ahead - January 2021

Replies

• Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Very exciting!

What's the catch, cg?
    The energy and the time limit are the biggest contraints in this game mode (aside from consumables but I'll ignore those for now)

Do players accumulate enough energy during the event duration to successfully attempt all nodes? Or does X amount of refresh is needed at a minimum?

Assuming you need 2 refreshes daily to do all nodes by the time the event ends, it would mean, that if you lose even one battle, you would need to up your daily energy refresh to 3

Energy refresh rate, cost of energy per node is going to play a big role.
  • This looks awesome, a couple of ideas: 1) exclusive character rewards 2) maybe add relic 8 materials. I’ve been playing since launch, this has got me pretty excited. Great Job CG! Hope you take my ideas into consideration;)
  • What's the minimum relic level to enter?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Yeah that was kind of my interpretation, hoping the rewards are good

Its time endgame content introduced endgame rewards (Relic Scrap + Signal Data)
  • Amen! Ultra
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    This looks cool, but I miss the days when a “Road Ahead” would cover more than just the next “Step Ahead.”
  • Don’t look a gift horse in the mouth! It’s communication=improvement
  • Honestly, CG had many good ideas over the years, they just flipped it on delivery, soooo i'll go with cautious standby as option
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Nihion wrote: »
    This looks cool, but I miss the days when a “Road Ahead” would cover more than just the next “Step Ahead.”

A road requires many steps to traverse.

(*looks up from fortune cookie*)

Oh I'm sorry, you were saying what now?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »
    1. Sounds like a brand new game, within a SWGOH game

Which is amazing

2. I like how stamina encourages roster investment, I'm assuming 10% stamina = 90% stat reduction, so it prevents players from using the same 2-3 teams to brute force every node

3. Kinda worried about energy regeneration, if its going to F2P friendly or not, and consumables, and how friendly they'll be

4. Waiting roughly a month to get rewards paid out can be annoying

Other than those worries about consumables, items, energy cost / regeneration, it sounds amazing

These almost mirror my thoughts. They create these modes trying to entice us to spend a little, so I'm betting it'll be a case of "have a big enough roster and play it perfectly and you'll have enough". I have zero problem with them setting it up to try and get us to spend, it's why the game exists. The only worry I have here would be that, unlike GC, we can't just play it over and over to get it "right". But if we can exchange some currency for consumables, it'll be like every other store in the game, and become about making good choices, I guess.

Overall I'm cautiously optimistic...
  • JackWoods wrote: »
    Conquest Mode doesn't excite me. The way GC has changed, made bad impression. GC has become very hard to clear in the recent events

Good thing this isn't galactic challenges then
    DarthNoscoper#6969
  • For those worried about monthly rewards, the way I read this is exactly how I would describe gac rewards. Big payout at end of the month with intermittent rewards through each week.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »

A road requires many steps to traverse.

(*looks up from fortune cookie*)

Oh I'm sorry, you were saying what now?

I guess this was like a mile of the road, I’ll give them that.
  • Ehhhhhhh... farm energy to play the game mode to get currency to spend for things that are only there to use in this game mode to get better rewards?

I've also been conditioned (now after Rancor Challenge) to read "use the best squad" as "use the best GL squad".

I know this is a little negative, but I'm tired.
  • RTS wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

I know it said there's results that you also get immediately, but yeah - waiting a month is kind of extreme. I guess it depends what they are, and what the intermediate ones are as well.

The month is probably to give plenty of time for those who don't have a super expansive roster to let their toons regain the stamina and have the maximum opportunity/chances to get as far as possible for the maximum rewards they can get.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Esharan wrote: »
    Wow...this sounds....really good?
    yeah, it does
  • I am really excited for conquest
  • This.....nope. There's alot of it that screams cash grab to me, and rewards being held like GCs is just terrible. The event is an entire month that's just....that is just ridiculous. GCs sounded exciting and they're not so....I mean positive is that you've already set an extremely low bar.
  • @Potato211
    Waiting a month for rewards? Come on.

We don't know yet, but I imagine that's not what they mean. Again, it's just what it sounds like to me, but my take is that as long as you're in one sector, you can try to accomplish feats or whatever to improve rewards for that sector.

Givent that, it seems like the saved up rewards would be handed out when you leave one sector for the next. I don't know if that would be based on time (you leave this sector in 1 week) or if it would happen when you kill the BBEL (the timing of which would be at least somewhat under your control), but it certainly wouldn't be waiting an entire month.

The post itself explicitly says rewards will be handed out when the event ends. Not sure where you're getting they'll be released at the end of the sector or whatever.
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    - Today we’re excited to announce..
    - Conquest is a new game mode..
    - Conquest will appear..
    - The Conquest event will run..
    - We’re introducing..

You missed the "when" part. CG:)
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    We’re still developing and tuning and will have more to share with you in the coming weeks before the event, but early feedback has been promising and we can’t wait to introduce Conquest to the Holotables!

Assuming this is beta tester feedback... if so, that's neat
  • Luluvi27Clash
    6 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Please NO FEATS, everything else is fine, I do not like FEATS please please do not gate rewards behind FEATS, you don’t even have the amount of healing or evades or whatever you have to do for FEATS in galactic Challenge, without this QOL it is very discouraging to try them, no one including me wants to waste 30 or more minutes trying to figure out how much healing your Sith are doing to achieve the FEAT. PLEASE CG listen to me I’m pleading to you FEATS are NOT Fun or ENGAGING unless there is a status BAR telling you your status on the FEAT during the battle ! This feature is needed also in raids but PLEASE rethink this FEAT mechanic, there are better ways to do this ! I feel happy just beating the battle with any certain faction, you can even do faction towers but please do NOT gate rewards behind FEATS! That is limiting you CG, from doing good things in the game and community ! Please do not half way do this conquest mode with gimmicks, doing things like not redoing echoes basic attack (gain CD buff) because it doesn’t make sense or how half the toons in the game have no relevance in metas that define Raids/TB/TWs/GAC/Squad arena , these modes only require the best toons in the game only making everything else irrelevant except GL requirements. I am begging you CG do not half bake this mode like the rest of your content , like how visas marr since her release has no purpose do not make these kinds of mistakes you are grown and you have us the players making this dream happen for you and me! Please deliver on this content and keep the content going , we need desperate QOL updates , the scrap system needs scroll bars for the amount of gear you need to make please, having to only be able to make gear for toons you have at a specific gear level is tedious please just give us the ability to craft and make amounts of gear on ONE SCREEN, mind these small things that make my life easier while playing, these are the kinds of things that matter most to us and shows me and other players that you really do care, being willing to come back and fix bugs and toons and outdated kits that’s how you can show us you care. You will still make tons money without slashing people’s previous investment in toons by making previous iterations of a members in a team irrelevant, for instance imperial troopers , death trooper is the oddball out because his kit is outdated and his zeta is useless because krennic is useless, why ? Because they dont hold on defense (easy perfect banner wins and no squad arena viability also there are better teams for dstb) and offensively can’t beat teams on placed on defense at this time. So Why not remake his zeta into all imperials troopers instead of just krennic, this isn’t meta defining and also shows that you see this defect in your game and want to reward those who invested previously and encourage others to do so as well. Please consider these things including reworks like windu and jedi council tag and synergy with KAM, we work hard everyday just like you and we want to feel like ALL our investments throughout all the years are still worth something. Please don’t feel that going back and doing reworks isnt worth it or a step in the wrong direction, don’t even feel bad about a mistake or how bad a toon actually is , just strive to make it better no matter what because thats what you like to do its Star Wars ! And that’s what’s right and how you show appreciation to us ! I’ve been playing for 4 years and don’t intend to quit now.
    Thank you
    Post edited by Luluvi27Clash on
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    GrEmLiN wrote: »
    RTS wrote: »

I know it said there's results that you also get immediately, but yeah - waiting a month is kind of extreme. I guess it depends what they are, and what the intermediate ones are as well.

The month is probably to give plenty of time for those who don't have a super expansive roster to let their toons regain the stamina and have the maximum opportunity/chances to get as far as possible for the maximum rewards they can get.

Yeah that occurred to me too, but - for those of us pushing hard - the "immediate" gear needs can change drastically in 4 weeks, though some of the constants obviously remain: Carbantis, Kyro etc. But I don't plan to let someone sit at G12 for a month awaiting gear from this, I need to get it equipped now.
  • Fanatic
    415 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    @Potato211
    Waiting a month for rewards? Come on.

We don't know yet, but I imagine that's not what they mean. Again, it's just what it sounds like to me, but my take is that as long as you're in one sector, you can try to accomplish feats or whatever to improve rewards for that sector.

Givent that, it seems like the saved up rewards would be handed out when you leave one sector for the next. I don't know if that would be based on time (you leave this sector in 1 week) or if it would happen when you kill the BBEL (the timing of which would be at least somewhat under your control), but it certainly wouldn't be waiting an entire month.

The post itself explicitly says rewards will be handed out when the event ends. Not sure where you're getting they'll be released at the end of the sector or whatever.

Try reading the whole paragraph.
    As players complete combat missions, mission feats, sector-level feats or event-level feats, they’ll earn Conquest Keycards which will be used to unlock successively better crates of rewards (which similar to Galactic Challenges, will be paid out at the end of the event) as well as intermediate rewards which can be immediately claimed.
  • I have read the Post twice, and I am struggling to find the enthusiasm in this new content or game mode as described here.

The cynic in me is immediately thinks what paywalls are designed in to this, Stamina and Consumables and data cards, are prime suspects.

Also another Shop Currency, how many do we need, why not give out GEC2 currency and expand what you can buy.

Mechanics like Data Cards sound like the crappy modifiers you get in Galactic Challenge cheese, personally I find those a bit naff. Doesn’t relate to testing our team rosters as they are used for a TW, GAC or Arena Teams. This seems intentional mechanic, otherwise why have it at all.

If this new Conquest Mode is anything like the previous frustrating modes like Galactic War was before it was made simable and Galactic Challenges can be, I suspect there will be a lot of disappointed people.

Also the rewards system is missing clarity on type of rewards, it comes across as if the progress is linked to crate level rewards like GC, so to get worthy rewards you know this means more relic and Character paywalls every month instead of twice a week.

Sorry I just think this road ahead is meh!
    I would prefer to see more quality of life upgrades like removing mod caps, improving mod management load outs for entire teams or game modes...

Announcing more Raids that are not designed to frustrate guilds...
    Plans for Ships or a ship raid....

We waited a year for polygons upgrades and code tools to be done in addition to reverting back to better legendary events, which I get but now this is done and well received, we are ready and still waiting for the ocean of new content and characters....

So Where is it? Is this really it... I expect a lot more than this I’m bored already with Galactic Challenges, and find it unbelievable you delivered a reskinned Territory Battles added a just added a new currency (familiar theme)
    Not to mention for Geonosis lightside is so OP over a year later with new relics and galactic legends it’s still absolute rubbish, but WAI.

Now is your opportunity to shine and really impress the players with the future of the game, tell us what is planned, show you listen and change things that no one enjoys or likes, accept criticism as it’s the only way to improve....

Sorry for TLDR post but I had high expectations and feel soo disappointed right now....

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    We’re still developing and tuning and will have more to share with you in the coming weeks before the event, but early feedback has been promising and we can’t wait to introduce Conquest to the Holotables!

Assuming this is beta tester feedback... if so, that's neat

I dunno about the beta testers....either they are horrible at beta testing, or CG doesn't listen to them, but despite this, I am excited about this mode.

I wonder how the GL's will fit into this mode. Will they be nerfed or lose stamina faster than regular characters?

Also, ships apart of this mode?
  • Exciting stuff! I would hope they introduce a mode of Conquest where you can play with 3-5 “allies” (you know the invites done in game) so you can work together with people in small groups not necessarily in your guild.
  • SW_Morgoth wrote: »
    Ehhhhhhh... farm energy to play the game mode to get currency to spend for things that are only there to use in this game mode to get better rewards?

I've also been conditioned (now after Rancor Challenge) to read "use the best squad" as "use the best GL squad".

I know this is a little negative, but I'm tired.

well no, due to the stamina you will have to do more than just use one gl squad over and over again, this actually makes you utilise more of your roster
    DarthNoscoper#6969