[MEGATHREAD]: Road Ahead - January 2021

Replies

• TaTaKaS wrote: »
    First things first. The title is wrong. That is not the road ahead, it is the announcement of that crappy new mode coming to the game.

I hope it is not as crappy as it sounds though........

And a big thank you to CG for all the QOL updates that are coming to the game!!!!!Oh wait........

Well i wouldnt call it crappy yet....

But that stamina thing sounds like its meant to reduce my crystal stash or my wallet.

That seems like a dumb mechanic to stop SLKR from being awesome
  • Also, why stamina? We have an energy resource that we need to enter battle. Now we need to "manage" this stamina as well? Why can't they just go in as they are?

Or is it to sell the stamina consumables?
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Looooki wrote: »
    Well at least there is no art explanation
    TVF wrote: »
    Great. We wait for this road ahead and they only give us this with no pictures or concepts?

The community asked for more content.

You want pictures.

Ok.

how can CG win??
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    I just have a few thoughts.

1. I agree with everyone that has mentioned this mode needs some fleet requirements. It is not a "full test/use" of our roster unless or fleets get involved.

2. Boss Battles - Please use some of the existing boss units we have in game. AAT, AT-ST, Nexu, Reek, Rancor, Tertentak could make excellent boss battles.

3. Hope - I hope that the Challenge Pit exclusive R8 component is a part of the rewards that you can potentially earn at the end of the month. This would be great for non-whale players and endgame players whose guilds cannot complete Challenge Pit.
  • Two questions...1) How much does it cost? 2) how much is airplane mode involved :)
  • Road Ahead,,, Airplane you must... without Great Suffering I See...
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Will the new store have a new character?

Crossing fingers, new Capital ship!
    Also, yes, ship battles too please.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • he change in this event being a big fiasco is gigantic. They will calibrate the rewards down and will rise a little when the community screams.

I may be wrong but on average what the community thought about the releases.

Relics - Disliked
    Legends - Disliked
    Farm speed change - Unanimously liked
    New Pit - Great S***
    New events - Meh and the paywalls that were requested to be withdrawn are increasing

I'm pessimistic. has the potential to be good? has, but the current management does not have the trust of the community, least of all beta testers.

I think that they will forgive and undo the mess of the new pit along with bug fixes would make the community more satisfied.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Also, why stamina? We have an energy resource that we need to enter battle. Now we need to "manage" this stamina as well? Why can't they just go in as they are?

One paces attacks, like every other table.

The other rewards broader roster development, as you can't just use 1 team throughout the whole game mode, at least not continuously.
  • that stamina thing sounds like its meant to reduce my crystal stash or my wallet.
    That seems like a dumb mechanic to stop SLKR from being awesome

Look, I expected a game mode like this to only allow you to use a toon once per sector. This is a way to encourage people to use a toon once per sector without making it a hard requirement, The downside is that you either have to wait for your second use while the toon recovers stamina OR use up some in-game currency.

That's more than fair, and certainly allows players to make some strategic decision making about when they use which toons. Using your best toons in the very first sector battle makes more sense than using them in the 4th since you'll have less time for them to recover. On the other hand if you don't have much time to play and you're trying to get your whole sector cleared in a single day when your work/family load is light, then you might not want to use your best toons even once before the BBEL. (I guess that should be "BBES"?)

I don't know about you, but without having seen the battles yet, I lean toward reuse of toons being possible but having to manage a new consumable/currency rather than having to make that one-time choice of using the toon and never using it again in that sector.

If you prefer not to spend the consumables, then you can still juggle your roster to use a different squad on every node in the sector. No one will stop you.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    camper288 wrote: »
    Farm speed change - Unanimously liked

Yeah, no. People complained because "I'm not new so what's in it for me?"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    DEV POST

the repetition of “Galactic”.

-CG_Erik
    yup
  • Gouj4 wrote: »
    Great. We wait for this road ahead and they only give us this with no pictures or concepts? Nothing about QoL items or other innovative community asked for items? At least it is at the very least something of a road ahead.

You want pictures.

Ok.

If there’s anything I’ve learned in the forums it’s that people don’t like to read lol

@Gouj4 and @TVF

Maybe, just maybe, I/ we should hold CG to a higher standard. It seems like they don’t learn from anything previous. Remember when we got the info for TB and it had at least design concepts and pictures? Why not add them in now? Why can’t CG really blow us away with the Road Ahead? Why make such a bond boring and from a certain point of view, CG doesn’t come across as a cited to make or provide us this game mode.
    By all means, be “clever” and support CG’s mediocre ****. They have time and again shown that they don’t care about being the best or even doing their best. Bugs have existed for years, graphics still look meh, and remember when they did such a great job at reinventing rock, paper, scissors?

Go ahead and keep supporting mediocrity. At least try and notice when a player since Dec.2015 just notices a pattern.

• Kyno wrote: »
    Also, why stamina? We have an energy resource that we need to enter battle. Now we need to "manage" this stamina as well? Why can't they just go in as they are?

One paces attacks, like every other table.

The other rewards broader roster development, as you can't just use 1 team throughout the whole game mode, at least not continuously.

I get that, except it seems flawed. They state that as your toon loses stamina, it also loses effectiveness, which I take as stats. So my teams stats will vary. That’s problematic. I’m used to how my teams act and react and what they are capable of. Now I will have a variable that affects them, making them unpredictable. Especially since CG for the entirety of this game has failed to sufficiently explain or display how similar concepts work. The lack of progress bars for feats being the latest glaring example. You add in that we lose energy for failed battles, and I can see it being a VERY serious issue.

Also, they imply that we will have feats attached to these battles similar to GC. Those feats are frustrating enough as is. Can you imagine how frustrating they will be when we lose energy while attempting to complete them and failing? That sounds 100 times worse than GL tickets. I see massive outrage coming.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    This could be HUGE.
    Pls don't mess this up!

CG: "Hold my beer"
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Very exciting!

What's the catch, cg?
    The energy and the time limit are the biggest contraints in this game mode (aside from consumables but I'll ignore those for now)

Do players accumulate enough energy during the event duration to successfully attempt all nodes? Or does X amount of refresh is needed at a minimum?

Assuming you need 2 refreshes daily to do all nodes by the time the event ends, it would mean, that if you lose even one battle, you would need to up your daily energy refresh to 3

Energy refresh rate, cost of energy per node is going to play a big role.

CG: "Great news! We have a new game mode with a whole bunch of hoops for you to jump through, each of which we think will make us a lot of money, because there is no way you will be able to get very far without spending"
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Also, they imply that we will have feats attached to these battles similar to GC. Those feats are frustrating enough as is. Can you imagine how frustrating they will be when we lose energy while attempting to complete them and failing? That sounds 100 times worse than GL tickets. I see massive outrage coming.

Yeah I'm sick of feats. And imagine how much fun stamina is when you find out that node's feat requires a toon or faction whose stamina is already depleted. Or that you need Beskar Mando for a sector. Or Armorer at r7.
  • Also on feats. Let’s say I beat the level, but didn’t achieve the feat. Can I play the level again? Is it going to charge me more energy? Use more stamina? Or will I be locked out of that battle once it’s been beaten? That’s makes the lack of a status bar that much more infuriating. All of those scenarios sound awful. And I’m sure it’s going to be one of them.
  • Looooki wrote: »

Yes but also so that you can't simply solo the whole thing with your best team. You slowly deplete your teams in a war of attrition (where the spenders have infinite fuel as long as they keep paying)
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Hornist wrote: »
    I will reserve judgement, but I am extremely wary. Could be fantastic, could be as frustrating and awful as GCs. Who knows. Keep your minds on the here and now. ;)

let's be honest. Any time it *could* be great, or it could suck, which does it end up being. Prepare to be disappointed, and you probably won't be.
  • Stamina sounds a whole lot like a reimagining of the dumpster fire that was squad tournaments.
  • Dagonsith
    206 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    Ad always I'm hopeful that the new content will be fun for everyone who plays it. Some concerns at the moment but I think they'll be making adjustments as they havr it playtested. Hopefully it's tailored to all players andthe rewards will be decent. All in all given how little info I have at the moment it's best to reserve judgment until more comes out.

Just please fornthe love of the force be reasonable with the feats if they make it into the final form of conquest
  • Gouj4
    416 posts Member
    Gouj4 wrote: »
    Great. We wait for this road ahead and they only give us this with no pictures or concepts? Nothing about QoL items or other innovative community asked for items? At least it is at the very least something of a road ahead.

You want pictures.

Ok.

If there’s anything I’ve learned in the forums it’s that people don’t like to read lol

@Gouj4 and @TVF

Maybe, just maybe, I/ we should hold CG to a higher standard. It seems like they don’t learn from anything previous. Remember when we got the info for TB and it had at least design concepts and pictures? Why not add them in now? Why can’t CG really blow us away with the Road Ahead? Why make such a bond boring and from a certain point of view, CG doesn’t come across as a cited to make or provide us this game mode.
    By all means, be “clever” and support CG’s mediocre ****. They have time and again shown that they don’t care about being the best or even doing their best. Bugs have existed for years, graphics still look meh, and remember when they did such a great job at reinventing rock, paper, scissors?

Go ahead and keep supporting mediocrity. At least try and notice when a player since Dec.2015 just notices a pattern.

CG doesn’t come across as excited (assuming that’s what you meant) to bring us a new game mode because the original post doesn’t have pictures ? Interesting take on new content. They’ve said they’re fine tuning stuff and we’ll get more info on the coming weeks, maybe you’ll get your pictures then maybe the first time we see it is when it’s added in game, who knows. The important thing here is the community has been begging for new content and we are finally getting it.
  • Sounds good.

Just wanted to say that the tepetition of "Galactic" is fine because the name of the game is "Galaxy" of Heroes. It's thematically resonant. I guess you can call things Heroic and still be on brand. But it's fine, really.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Will Fleets be required to progress in Conquest? What level of engagement can we expect Fleets to have with Conquest?
  • Conquest has a new energy type that is spent to play combat missions. Energy is charged at the beginning of each combat mission and will regenerate over time.

For me it all sound that it could be good. Except this one paragraph. In Galactic Challenges you can at least try different teams to see which one works. Here every try will cost you energy.

So you either go in with strong team to make sure you win and dont waste energy while wasting that team in the process thanks to stamina.

Or you go in with medium team with possibility to loose and waste the energy.

Either way if entering battle will cost us something, there need to be an option to check opponent team stats before entering battle. Like you can check opponent team stats in TW, GAC, Areana, GW. Because without it, every battle will be just coin toss with a fee, because you have no idea how strong opponent actually is.
  • Pistons
    57 posts Member
    edited January 2021
    This Conquest sounds worsе than GL's tickets. I bet they will sell packs with stamina.
  • Kerrigan wrote: »
    Any chance ships might be included? If we're 'traveling' through sectors and conquering them, it might make sense to have some ship battles here and there.

Dyibg to use my fleet for something sick of not being to able to do anything with them, maxed out all ships and capital ships and they are just eating dust