Why does Secrets and Shadows Challenge Tier 3 exist?

Prev134567
I'm sure most people who have attempted this are aware, but the event is completely impossible at this time. Every other Assault Battle has a way to overcome Challenge Tier 3, but without significant reworks or new characters, this event is completely impossible at the moment, even with R7 (I would assume R8) characters.

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I believe players do it with NS, but you need Talia.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Are you sure it’s been done on tier 3? That strategy is an insane RNG-fest on tier 2 but I’ve never seen anyone pass wave 4 on tier 3.
    I’m hoping for a GL nightsister soon :)

who would be a GL in there faction? we have the main people from the faction that i know of.

but otherwise i agree a new character is needed to help make this easier/possible
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Nobody has been able to clear CT3, even with Talia as far as I know

I think it’s mathematically impossible to clear
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

I didnt realize.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Are you sure it’s been done on tier 3? That strategy is an insane RNG-fest on tier 2 but I’ve never seen anyone pass wave 4 on tier 3.

That would be nice, but maybe not "too soon".
  • I have beat tier 3...however, I am in airplane mode waiting the go ahead to post.
  • flux_rono wrote: »

who would be a GL in there faction? we have the main people from the faction that i know of.

but otherwise i agree a new character is needed to help make this easier/possible

Maybe the nightsister from Jedi Fallen Order? Then they could add Cal Kestis as well.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    I have beat tier 3...however, I am in airplane mode waiting the go ahead to post.

I almost spit out my drink reading that...well played!
  • flux_rono wrote: »

Talzin or Asajj would be best for a NS GL but don't think the faction really warrants one. I do enjoy my NS squad and would love more for them but don't think there's enough for it. Keep in mind we had 2 variations of Rey before GL Rey and same with Kylo. So having the characters already means nothing.
  • Altzair wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »

Talzin or Asajj would be best for a NS GL but don't think the faction really warrants one. I do enjoy my NS squad and would love more for them but don't think there's enough for it. Keep in mind we had 2 variations of Rey before GL Rey and same with Kylo. So having the characters already means nothing.

thats true but those characters had changes and progressions. talzin didnt have any major changes, asajj kinda did when she became a bounty hunter but she wouldnt be much of a NS GL then
  • That's why I said it most likely wouldn't happen. Just not enough development to warrant it in that way. Maybe we can at least get one of them as a legendary to give them a slight boost. I mean they almost took out Dooku from a distance and probably would have succeeded if not for Grievous
  • Obviously you need R8 Phoenix to beat T3
    Ultra wrote: »

I didnt realize.

There might be a non-zero chance (if Daka evades multiple times, so like 2% of 2% (of 2%...)) but otherwise Sidious hits for more damage than any character can survive, even with the optimal combination of health and defense mod sets. The highest health Old Daka in the game is currently 164,805, and Sidious' NON-critical hits are about 170k-200k.

You can try Daka lead to survive (with the +50% health), but then I don't think there is enough damage output because you can't rely on plague (and NS don't inflict heal immunity).

So yeah, it might eventually be beatable with Relic 9 or 7-dot mods, but currently it's effectively impossible (but perhaps not mathematically impossible - 1 in 2500+ attempts you might get the right combination of dodges).
  • Imagine being so extremely happy that you finally beat wave 4 after hundreds of tries and then lose on another wave xD
  • @IvoB1987 I had that this past time where through RNG Deathtrooper managed to perma-kill Asajj after over an hour of attempts trying to get through Sidious on T2.

Only another 25 minutes worth of attempts to finally clear T2.
  • Ha Vendi.
    Been there and got the tee shirt. 😠
  • You could run phonix plus Daka and zombie in tier 3.... In theory if you can avoid Daka dieing in before round 4, then zombie will be able to prevent her death twice.... My phonix suck so, never tried it.
  • StarSon
    7409 posts Member
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    You could run phonix plus Daka and zombie in tier 3.... In theory if you can avoid Daka dieing in before round 4, then zombie will be able to prevent her death twice.... My phonix suck so, never tried it.

Sure, but Phoenix doesn't have enough damage to kill Sid, even if they somehow survive while a 150k HP Daka dies. Twice.
  • I have R7 Daka @148K health with Crit Avoid arrow. If you balance it carefully, using a Talzin lead you can have Zombie and Talia die off at least 12 times or more through the first 3 phases. Each revival gives Daka 10% health increase (Stacking). But it is all for nought as Sidious AOE usually kills her first go. She has survived this initial once for me but another AOE comes around too soon and always takes her out.
  • StarSon
    7409 posts Member
    TantiveV wrote: »
    I have R7 Daka @148K health with Crit Avoid arrow. If you balance it carefully, using a Talzin lead you can have Zombie and Talia die off at least 12 times or more through the first 3 phases. Each revival gives Daka 10% health increase (Stacking). But it is all for nought as Sidious AOE usually kills her first go. She has survived this initial once for me but another AOE comes around too soon and always takes her out.

The health gain does not carry through waves.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    It’s meant for a full r8 NS team.
  • To me this graphic says it all. There is nothing to build towards for tier 3 of this event. The others there are things to work on. This event is only worth a team just strong enough for tier 2.

wav6xlrvtdrh.png
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    G8 JKL works for Ground War though. Just need great mods on the others and smart strategy.
  • I would love to see a Maul and Opress rework to give them the tag
  • Grade 2 Secrets and Shadows is an insane RNG hunt at best, which in my humble understanding is not worth the investment. Grade 3 must be an even worse case.

Like many things in the game, this was simply poorly designed

Moon SWGOH says he’s got a guild mate who did it
  • Stiehl
    27 posts Member

Moon SWGOH says he’s got a guild mate who did it

Also said he's got full r7 NS, optimally modded, and it took him several hours to finally get the RNG, since it's the same strategy as previous tiers. Doesn't seem worth the headache.
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    They should change the faction requirement for S&S and allow Mandalorians.