Unmanned ships becoming obsolete

JosenOne
posts Member
edited December 2020
I've recently been heavily working on my Separatist Malevolence fleet however I've been a little bothered by the fact that the Vulture Droid and Hyena Bomber are unmanned ships, and thus they can never benefit from increasing a pilot's power as with other ships.

While being unmanned does make them easier to take to 'max level'- I can't help but think it will cripple them in the future as power caps increase.

Take the recent Relic 8 announcement for example. Making pilots relic 8 will correspond to an increase in their ship power, scaling up the strength of fleets with manned ships. This will happen in the future too each time pilots have some increase in power cap due to gear/relics/mods. Unmanned ships however will remain at their current power limit.

To my current understanding this is how it works and it seems like it will disadvantage unmanned ship heavy fleets (like Malevolence fleets as they rely on the unmanned Vulture Droid and Hyena Bomber).

I think it would be cool if unmanned ships also had some kind of pathway to power up to remain competitive with their manned counterparts.
Is anyone else concerned that as mods/gear/relic caps slowly but continually increase, these unmanned ships will be left behind?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    The unmanned ships are already too powerful given they have no gear investment. If people are willing to put r8 on their pilots for fleet, they deserve whatever small boost they get.
  • TotallyNotAnthony
    43 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    crzydroid wrote: »
    The unmanned ships are already too powerful given they have no gear investment. If people are willing to put r8 on their pilots for fleet, they deserve whatever small boost they get.

but in the long term (when r9+ arrives) this will make that no one is interested in investing in unmanned ships for that reason
    edit: also this will make ship worse than they already are
  • First, ships are awesome.
    Second, the unmanned ships are key parts of all my fleets. Tie Bomber, Rebel Y-Wing, they're brutal. And malevolence with 7* Hyena and 7* Vulture is fun. Also bear in mind you want Vulture droid to die. You want that TM train building with Malevolence.