Sorry I avoided her so long - Barriss and GW

ASD_Dad
210 posts Member
I've been playing since mid Dec. I have 35-ish toons now but never had Barriss. Kept hoping to pull her from a Bronzium but best I ever got from that was Ahsoka a month back. Finally decided to go after Barriss strictly for GW and just to see what she was about actually using her vs. seeing her on defense. I know she hits like a wet noodle but that heal!

Just got her this morning. Leveled her up to 66 (my A and B team are 70) and got her to Gear 6 with 3 slots to go for 7. Abilities are 5, 5, 5, 3.

So a "mediocre" 4 star Barriss at Level 66 and blue gear...

Stuck her in lead with Lumi and JC. Added GS and RP. I nearly ran the full GW with zero retreats! From node 7 on I start seeing the Level 70 purple teams arrive. I have finished the majority of my GW's for a while now but that was with retreats, suicide squads, etc. My last few days I was down to a couple toons at the end of things. Today I only lost Barriss and that was at Node 11 and I knew I just had one node left (and it was a hard battle). The only thing I had to do was swap out RP for Dooku against the Jedi heavy teams.

One really nice added bonus. My last node was a 70, 7* purple team with Yoda and Rey. I used that as training since my entire roster minus Barriss was at full health! They both can give me fits with what feels like constant foresight up so I cant touch them. I actually still have that battle up so I can try more squads out. I got shredded more than a few times but that is why I am keeping the battle going.

So if you are on the fence about Barriss, go get her even for just GW! Triple heals with two DPS makes GW enjoyable again. I plan on at least getting her to purple gear but she is pretty viable just at 4*.

Replies

• VVS
    52 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I also use Barriss in GW, and she works miracles. One thing is her heal, the other thing is that she is durable, as currently on 5* and fully geared, she is often a punching bag, as others are max starred. On 5* and fully geared, she has 16k health so she can take quite a few hits compared to JC 11k on 7*.
    I have lumi and JC aswell but I really prefer Barriss to JC.
    She is also my last jedi to 7* for next YODA event. Currently on 35/85. I think I will make it in time.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Wow, 5* and 16K health is crazy. I'll probably end up getting her to at least 5* then. Right now I am focusing back on Kylo. He's one my kid's favorite characters and I just have him at 4* right now.
    Post edited by ASD_Dad on
  • zerizut
    425 posts Member
    Very interesting, thanks for the write up. I'm intrigued. Now, before I start hitting the nodes, I'd like to hear from a few detractors.
  • Yes, everything is true about that. Got her from Bronzium and made my GW much easier. Enlarging HP pool also increases heal. Her ordinary attacks keep healing, doing almost no damage. She can heal trough heal immunity. Her leader ability also recovers some health at the beginning of each turn that is also not bad. I still cannot see her as a hero for Arena (usually, if I see Barriss in any arena team, I attack this team at once without needless thinking), but for GW it's brilliant. Now she is also a treasure for Yoda event.
  • Lianara
    740 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    She is the Queen of GW for sure. I use her as lead, Lumi, Daka, Dooku, and a varied toon depending on who I'm facing, usually a heavy hitter or Eeth if facing droids.
    Ally Code: 253-747-318
  • Any detractors are massively uniformed. People with Barriss lead on GW have cleared GW so many times. I dont even know what a suicide squad is. I deal with purple level 7 from node 5 onward. She is a life giver. Makes GW enjoyable. She is TOTALLY viable 4 star...
  • Hm... I especially like her in enemy GW teams... "best enemy toon" for getting a full or almost full cool down at the end of a battle ;-)

On my side: 120 shards collected... still collecting... hoping to get her out of bronzium before I reach 330 shards ;-)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    I just 7* her recently on my main. Here are her stats.
    ITSDPZP.png
    ZOq3ZTp.png
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    I got my basic to 7 for her and she heals everyone so often with her basic attacks that I save so many heals. The early battles I get through just with her leadership heal and her basic attack heal
  • Same story here, used to struggle in GW, then worked on Barriss for yoda event, GW is good now.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Same deal here. Late Nov. shard. Ignored Bariss until just before Yoda event announced. Now the Bariss/Lumi/JC plus two attackers works from 6-9 and can sometimes carry me all the way to 10. THen I get to just enjoy the last two battles with whatever toons I have.

Bariss is a godsend.
    ASD_Dad wrote: »
    One really nice added bonus. My last node was a 70, 7* purple team with Yoda and Rey. I used that as training since my entire roster minus Barriss was at full health! They both can give me fits with what feels like constant foresight up so I cant touch them. I actually still have that battle up so I can try more squads out. I got shredded more than a few times but that is why I am keeping the battle going.

FYI but a high crit team with a healer works wonders on the QGJ/Yoda/Rey/Dooku/RG squad. IG-88(l), IG-86, GS, Poggle, Luminari.

I dropped healers months ago but since nothing defends well anymore I said screw it and started using Lumi again. IG-88 is the only regular one-shot on my squad but it's strong enough it can survive losing anyone focus'd, get a heal from Lumi (or have 4 full fledge DPS ready), and clean up against all those fast glass cannons.

Give it a shot if you have them.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    She gets over 1k more health going to gear ix just with those last 2 gear pieces then the health she gains from going from 70-80 and the ix gear. I maxed her a month ago... Max abiliies too. No regrets.
  • LordAlvert wrote: »
    Any detractors are massively uniformed.

There are no detractors. Nobody disputes that Bariss is useful in GW. That said, I'm sitting on 300 shards, will activate her when the next Yoda event is near. I'll farm the remaining 30 shards to 7 stars in case she doesn't drop in Bronziums by then, haha. Fat chance, I know but I don't need her. Lumi, Dooku, Daka, JC and Sid here, can't remember when I lost a GW.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    ASD_Dad wrote: »

FYI but a high crit team with a healer works wonders on the QGJ/Yoda/Rey/Dooku/RG squad. IG-88(l), IG-86, GS, Poggle, Luminari.

I dropped healers months ago but since nothing defends well anymore I said screw it and started using Lumi again. IG-88 is the only regular one-shot on my squad but it's strong enough it can survive losing anyone focus'd, get a heal from Lumi (or have 4 full fledge DPS ready), and clean up against all those fast glass cannons.

Give it a shot if you have them.

I am working with a sort of DPS team now. I also dropped a healer a while back as most matches are over in a few rounds at most.

Right now working with GS and RP as my two main guns. I have 86 at 5* and 88 is only 4*. Poggle is 6* since I used him a lot in the past.

My OK team is Sid, GS, RP, QGJ, Phasma. Sid for crit chance/heal block on teams with a healer, GS, QGJ assists, GS, RP for damage, Phasma for TM manipulation. QGJ also gives me offense up since I took Poggle out.
  • Reyia wrote: »
    ITSDPZP.png
    ZOq3ZTp.png

You gotta get that basic ability up; she heals so often in GW with ability 7.
  • LordAlvert wrote: »
    Any detractors are massively uniformed.

There are no detractors. Nobody disputes that Bariss is useful in GW. That said, I'm sitting on 300 shards, will activate her when the next Yoda event is near. I'll farm the remaining 30 shards to 7 stars in case she doesn't drop in Bronziums by then, haha. Fat chance, I know but I don't need her. Lumi, Dooku, Daka, JC and Sid here, can't remember when I lost a GW.

I also use that exact GW squad. Still find some slightly tougher battles, but have won 23/24 GW. I still wish I had gotten Barriss sooner. Having my A and B teams pretty set in stone it's been fun mixing and matching for GW. Added a little something to do without mindlessly playing without enjoying the game. My LS squad has been woefully behind for most of the game so far, so she's become a total game-changer. I don't focus much on arena, usually finishing top 50 in a mid/late-December server.

TL/DR: she's junk in arena and a beast in GW and LS missions. Heal supersedes heal-block. Might as well be swinging a 4 foot uncooked sausage.
  • I need her.... *sigh*
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    So her at 5* instead of 6* QGJ?
  • Barriss is my GW star. I run her as lead, Lumi, JC, Sidious, and Dooku as my main team. They are all maxed out in every way, and I have completed every GW in the past 50 days. You can't go wrong farming those healers...
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Reyia wrote: »
    ITSDPZP.png
    ZOq3ZTp.png

@KamikazeRhombus Thanks for the tip I just upgraded her basic to 7. I looked at my JC and I've upgraded him as well. He had abilities at 3/4 since I started playing two months ago.
  • DV_27
    967 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    ITSDPZP.png
    ZOq3ZTp.png

@KamikazeRhombus Thanks for the tip I just upgraded her basic to 7. I looked at my JC and I've upgraded him as well. He had abilities at 3/4 since I started playing two months ago.

I got her basic to 7 about a week ago and she heals everyone so often and for a big amount with her basic attacks. I go through GW with much less total heals, relying mostly on her lead ability and basic to heal everyone. Did 50 GWs without her and only got her for yoda for the next event which sadly might be a while from now. But I definitely don't regret it. She made GW much easier. Also more fun because I can test my Rey out in GW because barriss gives her enough HP to get through
  • max out her abilities for GW, she will be even better.
  • I'm about to drop every plan I made and get her... Kinda torn right now.
    But GW gets more and more frustrating recently. And I could really need those tokens, credits and most importantly ability mats.
  • Robdd
    111 posts Member
    I planned for awile to get her on level 67 now, can't wait till her cantina opens. I've heard so many say even at 4 stars she is very useful, plus a great toon for yodi. Many say her on lead against yodi makes it tons easier.
  • ASD_Dad
    210 posts Member
    4* she is totally viable. I had a rougher go today vs. yesterday but still got through only losing a couple guys at the end when I didnt care as much. I did get her to gear 7 and just being 4* she still has a lot of health to stick around for the battle after battle.
  • I wish they offered her pack again. Didn't buy it as a newbie and regret it