Can we get some Carbonite Circuite Boards added to rewards for...something?

Prev13
Maybe the Rancor Challenge Tier?

I'm finally at the point where I'm having to seriously farm the things, so if you started this game in 2015/2016 like I did you had a ton of gear stored up to salvage, but it does eventually run dry. We're not anywhere near equilibrium, and getting there requires using far too many refreshes/day.

I understand not wanting to give out CCBs as rewards for tasks newer players can accomplish early on with just a bit of development of the right squad or squads, but were in a place of relic'ing about a toon a week, and so we need about 200 CCBs per week to keep up. With new Rancor happening once/week, adding 100 CCBs to the RCT rewards wouldn't be enough to make equilibrium happen, but it would mean that you could get back to spending a reasonable amount of your regular energy per day on them - 200 energy/day just farming salvage for CCBs instead of 400 would be a nice move in the right direction.

Replies

• MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Yep. This is by design of course and I've just been using 500 crystals for the 100 pack. I can't even gear a level one toon at the moment after dealing with 2 GLs.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Yep. This is by design of course and I've just been using 500 crystals for the 100 pack. I can't even gear a level one toon at the moment after dealing with 2 GLs.

I have three and I'm still good.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • We honestly just need a gear update period at this point. They've already essentially put the kyrotech bottleneck into game with out getting rid of the stun gun/carbanti/stun cuff bottle neck we run into.

Now on top of that we are running into the issue of running low on salvageable gear. Yes I understand this game is designed to make money. However, they have started pushing the smaller/low level middle spenders to the point where it seems pointless to throw money at the game.

So either you spend a ton of money and get rewarded or spend none and just deal with the current gear bottlenecks that they've created over the years.

Yes the whales and krakens are their main focus. However, those low level and mid level spenders still are enough of the player base that it will end up taking a portion of their bottom line.

I wish I could remember the post from CG so I could go back find it and quote it here but we were told well over a year ago now that a gear update would be coming. To help making a G12 character faster and easier. Since then all we've seen is almost every new toon put into game have to deal with the old and new gear bottlenecks.

Also, there are far to many guilds out there that can't complete the challenge tier rancor raid. The heroic versions of pit/aat/sith raid need to have gear improvements in their rewards. Heroic sith seems to be a good set of gear 1 in 4 times when placing top 5. ( By this I mean I usually get 1 12.5 completed piece once in every 4 heroic sith raids when placing top 5. )

Just in general we need ways of acquiring the G12 and under gear at a much faster rate. I personally see zero point in spending money to get things like Signal data or relic pieces when due to the gear bottleneck I have time to farm the data and then just slowly work on the gear to salvage after their G13 to increase relic levels.
  • You're "good" in the sense of reaching equilibrium where your supply of salvage for CCBs is neither growing nor shrinking? Or you're "good" in the sense that your dwindling supply of salvage hasn't yet reached zero?

I've only spent a couple thousand crystals on CCBs and only recently went to farming CCB salvage with 60 sims/day, but I wasn't "fine" before that. The supply was being exhausted, I just hadn't hit rock bottom yet.
  • I agree with the suggestion. I've been buying the CCB from the weekly shipments every week, but those things disappear quickly. Farming for a GL makes it even worse
  • I know it isn’t a great source but they are a reward on Assault Battles
  • @Dahly_lama4

Yeah, but I'm okay with them being limited there. Again, you don't want people having an effectively infinite supply, like with training droids. Putting them in RCT limits them to guilds that already have a fair number of GLs &other relic toons.

And, of course, I don't mind if you have to farm some to maintain equilibrium, but I'm at the point where I'm spending 150 crystals a day to tread water, and that seems excessive, especially when you have to do cantina energy refreshes to keep up with signal data needs. I'm spending 350 crystals / day just to keep up with signal data & CCBs and that doesn't necessarily leave a whole lot for things like Kyros or speed farming new toons.

Just providing enough CCBs so that over the course of a month you only need to average 40-50 crystals/day farming CCBs would be a drastic improvement, and would certainly seem to fit the level of need for crystal spending better with the import of the CCBs being farmed. I don't think they're really supposed to consume that much of your income.

I mean, maybe they do intend for us to spend 150 crystals/day on CCBs, but I think it's more likely that they thought the system was good enough for when it was created, since they can always adjust the economy later.

I don't know how my rate of new relic toons compares to other players' rates, and I don't know how many people have thoroughly exhausted their initial caches of salvage gear, but I'm not that far ahead of the pack. If the time to adjust the economy hasn't come already, then it seems like it should come pretty soon with r8 the new quest and r5s to r7s required all over the place.
  • Let's hope that they put them in the new mode that lasts a month.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • TVF wrote: »

You have too many GLs. Come back when you’ve only got one GL then you’ll understand the crunch.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

You have too many GLs. Come back when you’ve only got one GL then you’ll understand the crunch.

Er, what?
  • @DaarthBrewer

That would be nice.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    You're "good" in the sense of reaching equilibrium where your supply of salvage for CCBs is neither growing nor shrinking? Or you're "good" in the sense that your dwindling supply of salvage hasn't yet reached zero?

I've only spent a couple thousand crystals on CCBs and only recently went to farming CCB salvage with 60 sims/day, but I wasn't "fine" before that. The supply was being exhausted, I just hadn't hit rock bottom yet.

I'm good because at rough estimate I could R7 30-40 toons with what I have on hand (if I converted it).

I am extremely picky with what I relic.

And I haven't spent any crystals.
  • I am extremely picky with what I relic.

Well, you can't be that picky if you have 3 GLs, but good for you.

Er, what?

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.
  • @TVF

Although initially spoken in jest, it actually does stand to reason that one who has played roughly as long as you but only has 1 GL to your 3 probably hasn’t managed resources as perfectly as you. So come back when you’re more average at resource management and you’ll understand the pains of the rest of us mediocre players. 😁
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Well, you can't be that picky if you have 3 GLs, but good for you.

Of course I can, and thanks.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Er, what?

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

What you said made zero sense.

I'm sure you are big guy. But we also both know each other's rosters will enough to know I'm just the version of you that didn't want to wait for fun to hop in my lap so I took that gear (that you have gathered up and are keeping nice and warm) and i threw it on toons that bring joy to my experience in the game. Not saying you don't have fun btw, just saying I couldn't have it playing that particular way. But regardless of all that, I think this is a valid request OP is asking. )
    You're "good" in the sense of reaching equilibrium where your supply of salvage for CCBs is neither growing nor shrinking? Or you're "good" in the sense that your dwindling supply of salvage hasn't yet reached zero?

I'm good because at rough estimate I could R7 30-40 toons with what I have on hand (if I converted it).

Same. 3 GL, no crystals spent on circuit boards. And could relic quite a few more characters.

Don't get me wrong - I realize that my supply is going down, and is be fine with then being added. But like all other aspects of the game is resource management and choices until they do
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

Same. 3 GL, no crystals spent on circuit boards. And could relic quite a few more characters.

Don't get me wrong - I realize that my supply is going down, and is be fine with then being added. But like all other aspects of the game is resource management and choices until they do

Same here too. 4 GLs and 92 relic. No crystals spent on CCBs either node or shipments farming. My CCBs material stockpile is nearly exhausted. I am a Dec 2015 player, so I can imagine this can be even worse for later players who have a smaller stockpile. I will welcome change to increase CCBs supply, but I can live without one as I can manage the relic pace to be consistent with the hand we are dealt with.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Impulse detectors say hi
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    sloweagle wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Same here too. 4 GLs and 92 relic. No crystals spent on CCBs either node or shipments farming. My CCBs material stockpile is nearly exhausted. I am a Dec 2015 player, so I can imagine this can be even worse for later players who have a smaller stockpile. I will welcome change to increase CCBs supply, but I can live without one as I can manage the relic pace to be consistent with the hand we are dealt with.

You dont count. (jk) :wink: You're the best f2p in the game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Impulse detectors say hi

For R8, absolutely. Everyone is screaming about the ReRancor reward structure (myself included) - but the real bottleneck of R8 is Impulse detectors.

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Impulse detectors say hi

For R8, absolutely. Everyone is screaming about the ReRancor reward structure (myself included) - but the real bottleneck of R8 is Impulse detectors.

I'm stocking up the gear from shard shop and have (you guessed it) plenty!
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Impulse detectors say hi

Well hold on to that stockpile because after bringing 6 characters to r8 this is my stockpile lol irw0tji81437.jpeg
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Impulse detectors say hi

Well hold on to that stockpile because after bringing 6 characters to r8 this is my stockpile lol irw0tji81437.jpeg

Some would probably consider those somewhere between 0-6 bad choices, if you think you are having an issue with resources, in a resource management game.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    6 characters to R8 lol.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Impulse detectors say hi

Some would probably consider those somewhere between 0-6 bad choices, if you think you are having an issue with resources, in a resource management game.

Cute idea for F2P but when you swim in kraken waters (over 8 mil gp) you need to put some of those resources on characters to try and have an edge and stay relevant. Everyone has saved resources until they invest those resources and then they don’t. Then it’s back to saving.