How is JKL better than GAS???

Prev1345
13jkelly
104 posts Member
edited February 2021
I don’t understand you CG why the crap is JKL better than GAS. I just put up a GAS team against JKL and JKL one shot GAS and full health and protection. Since when is a legendary character better than epic confrontation character. JKL is so fricking op it’s not even funny.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Because he's Luke. Because he's newer.

What was the team you went up against?
  • 13jkelly
    104 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I don’t think you realize the tier of characters here. There are basic characters that you can just get from shipments. There are marquee characters, legendary characters, epic confrontation characters, and Galactic legends all in order. A legendary character should not be able to beat a epic confrontation let alone one shot him. I literally hit JKL with a basic equaling around 150k damage of the two hits and his protection didn’t not even budge. He proceeds to use a special and annihilated GAS at full health and protection. I am dumb founded. And it was JKL, Bariss, and Shak ti. I had killed barris and shakti. JKL soloed all my clones plus GAS.
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    He's Hero's Journey, not Legendary, but it makes little difference. He's newer, and was a more anticipated character.

JKL gains stacking protection whenever he uses his basic. He can also reduce your max health and protection if he used his middle special on you. There's also the issue of how good the mods on each are.
  • 13jkelly wrote: »
    I don’t understand you CG why the crap is JKL better than GAS. I just put up a GAS team against JKL and JKL one shot GAS and full health and protection. Since when is a legendary character better than epic confrontation character. JKL is so fricking op it’s not even funny.

No matter what a character is, GL, epic confrontation or random character, newer ones will always beat the old ones. Case and point armorer JKL and Jedi Revan can 3 man the SLKR FO team
  • My GAS has over 170k combined health and protection there’s no way JKL should have one shot him. My GAS literally got up from sitting down full health and protection. I did basic on JKL and nothing happened. He took his turn hits for 170k. Only way my GAS can hit that high is in HSTR phase 2 because of the pain sion gives. I didn’t spend 80k GET 1 currency on JKL I spent it on GAS which should definitely make him the better character.

No matter what a character is, GL, epic confrontation or random character, newer ones will always beat the old ones. Case and point armorer JKL and Jedi Revan can 3 man the SLKR FO team

JKL is newer than Rey and SLKR but he cannot solo them by himself. So your point is not always true.

• I definitely still want that to happen. One shoting someone requires no strategy. It’s boring.
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    13jkelly wrote: »
    My GAS has over 170k combined health and protection there’s no way JKL should have one shot him. My GAS literally got up from sitting down full health and protection. I did basic on JKL and nothing happened. He took his turn hits for 170k. Only way my GAS can hit that high is in HSTR phase 2 because of the pain sion gives. I didn’t spend 80k GET 1 currency on JKL I spent it on GAS which should definitely make him the better character.

JKL ignores all defense when he has Jedi's Will. In addition to his offense bonuses and crit damage bonus from his lead, he can hit pretty hard if modded correctly, his middle special especially. Also, your GAS doesn't have 170k health+prot if he was hit with the second special.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    My GAS has over 170k combined health and protection there’s no way JKL should have one shot him. My GAS literally got up from sitting down full health and protection. I did basic on JKL and nothing happened. He took his turn hits for 170k. Only way my GAS can hit that high is in HSTR phase 2 because of the pain sion gives. I didn’t spend 80k GET 1 currency on JKL I spent it on GAS which should definitely make him the better character.

JKL ignores all defense when he has Jedi's Will. In addition to his offense bonuses and crit damage bonus from his lead, he can hit pretty hard if modded correctly, his middle special especially. Also, your GAS doesn't have 170k health+prot if he was hit with the second special.

But no matter how much damage I mod on GAS he would never be able to get to 170k damage. I just think JKLs damage is obscured. Especially since he slows everyone down to his base speed basically giving him 5 turns before I can take my first. He literally has enough turns to one shot my whole team before I could take a turn.
  • Anyway my complaining won’t ever change anything about this game. No ones voice even matters on these forums. CG makes up their mind what they want and their players just have to go along for the ride.
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »

But no matter how much damage I mod on GAS he would never be able to get to 170k damage. I just think JKLs damage is obscured. Especially since he slows everyone down to his base speed basically giving him 5 turns before I can take my first. He literally has enough turns to one shot my whole team before I could take a turn.

A fast Drevan with Thrawn makes mincemeat of JKL.
  • 13jkelly
    104 posts Member
    edited February 2021

I know ways to take out JKL. Taking him out isn’t my complaint it’s that he’s better than epic confrontation characters. I spent more gear, starred up more characters, reliced up more characters. Plus spent more GET1 (JKL requires none) for GAS. By that standard of having to grind more or even having to spend more money (if I would have) GAS should definitely be the better character. Him being one shotted on a 1v1 is a slap in the face to all the hard work I put into him.
  • JKL is actually of a similar difficulty to get than GAS, he requires (13 I believe) reliced characters while GAS only requires 10, who don’t all have to be reliced. So these events are actually not too different in terms of difficulty. Also, he gets stocking damage every time he takes damage so if you keep attacking him he will just kill you
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited February 2021

I know ways to take out JKL. Taking him out isn’t my complaint it’s that he’s better than epic confrontation characters. I spent more gear, starred up more characters, reliced up more characters. Plus spent more GET1 (JKL requires none) for GAS. By that standard of having to grind more or even having to spend more money (if I would have) GAS should definitely be the better character. Him being one shotted on a 1v1 is a slap in the face to all the hard work I put into him.

JKL does require GET1 in a more roundabout way, unless you got your Hermit Yoda and Wampa through an alternative route?

GAS - 180 shards @ 380 GET = 68,400
    Hermit Yoda and Wampa - total 660 shards @ 270 GET = 178,200

Obviously there is the BH event etc, and the second two have been out a good while longer, but your focus is too narrow if you are going to talk about investment.

Edit: what game mode was this in?
  • Doni12 wrote: »
    JKL is actually of a similar difficulty to get than GAS, he requires (13 I believe) reliced characters while GAS only requires 10, who don’t all have to be reliced. So these events are actually not too different in terms of difficulty. Also, he gets stocking damage every time he takes damage so if you keep attacking him he will just kill you

I didn’t attack him until I had to because I know just one of his counters and I’m gone. I instead went after bariss and shakti. By that time JKL had killed all my clones and when GAS stood up I did my first attack on JKL which did nothing. And he one shot me with his special.
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    edited February 2021

You actually spend more GET 1 on Wampa and Hoda than on GAS. For newer players whose guilds aren't doing Hoth, there's GET 2 for ROLO.

Also, GAS requires 10 toons, and you can do it with only 3 or 4 at relic (some have managed for less). All 9 of JKL's characters are REQUIRED to be at relic levels.
  • JKL is harder to get that GAS. Not only do you need more characters reliced, you need 2 characters that are locked behind GET currency, 1 heroes journey, and 3 or so legendary characters too.

JKL can hit like a truck but I’ve not seen one one shot GAS. Were you running GAS with 501st?

You actually spend more GET 1 on Wampa and Hoda than on GAS. For newer players whose guilds aren't doing Hoth, theirs GET 2 for ROLO.

Also, GAS requires 10 toons, and you can do it with only 3 or 4 at relic (some have managed for less). All 9 of JKL's characters are REQUIRED to be at relic levels.

That is true about the GET 1 but I think they required those characters knowing most people had already had them starred up being they had been out for so long. When GAS came out most had just finished those characters and were left with 0 currency and and getting GAS as a 5 star character. Whatever they may be I think GAS deserves to live a bit longer than just getting one shotted. If JKL still wins whatever but for God sakes not in just one hit. I’ve tried this in GAC many times and whether it’s 3v3 or 5v5 it’s all the same. You could literally put JKL in a team of level 1 gear 1 Jedi and he would still destroy my full GAS team.
  • JKL is harder to get that GAS. Not only do you need more characters reliced, you need 2 characters that are locked behind GET currency, 1 heroes journey, and 3 or so legendary characters too.

JKL can hit like a truck but I’ve not seen one one shot GAS. Were you running GAS with 501st?

Yes was a full 501st team. JKL did basic on GAS he went down. JKL proceeded to take 3 turns which killed all my clones and then GAS got up did a basic which did nothing and JKL did special and wiped him out.
  • Like I just did a battle right now with my slkr and hit JKL (in a JML team) and did 230k damage to him and didn’t even get under 50% protection. How is that possible? Not even Rey can take that much damage without losing all her protection. To me that is severely op.
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    Now that I think on it, I don't think your GAS could have been at full protection. He would only be at full protection when standing back up if people took 10 turns. If he stands up from clones dying, he's not necessarily at full. If this was in 3v3, he may have had as little as 20% protection.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I spent more gear, starred up more characters, reliced up more characters. Plus spent more GET1 (JKL requires none) for GAS. By that standard of having to grind more or even having to spend more money (if I would have) GAS should definitely be the better character. Him being one shotted on a 1v1 is a slap in the face to all the hard work I put into him.
    Have you ever heared the tragedy of Sith Eternal Emperor and Imperial Troopers?
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    Like I just did a battle right now with my slkr and hit JKL (in a JML team) and did 230k damage to him and didn’t even get under 50% protection. How is that possible? Not even Rey can take that much damage without losing all her protection. To me that is severely op.

Are you sure it wasn't JML's unique triggering and restoring 50% health and protection?
    Like I just did a battle right now with my slkr and hit JKL (in a JML team) and did 230k damage to him and didn’t even get under 50% protection. How is that possible? Not even Rey can take that much damage without losing all her protection. To me that is severely op.

Are you sure it wasn't JML's unique triggering and restoring 50% health and protection?

That had already happened when kylo was doing his aoes. He then was healed again some how and that’s when I did the middle special with kylo for 230k and hardly did anything.
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    I mean, it really depends on the whole team. Because there's both JML's heal and Revan's Savior.
  • Two solutions to your (apparently recurring, judging by your other recent threads) issues:

1) Read the kits of your opponents and understand how they work - especially the Jedi, since you seem to have particular issues with those.
    2) Get the characters you think are "severely op" - that way you benefit from them as well.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*

In canon, Luke is stronger than Anakin. So......yeah. Also by your logic Gen Sky shouldn't be able to kill SLK. And just an FYI- Gen Sky is really weak to JKL teams in arena. I used JKL lead to stay up before I got Rey unlocked. Gen Sky teams couldn't take him out.

But it's also worth pointing out that your Gen Sky did not have full health and protection when he was oneshot. Every time JKL uses his stun special, he takes 10% of the enemies' (plural) max health and protection away from them. JKL also gives himself +10% max protection each time he uses his basic. And when he's under Jedi's Will he attacks for +25% offense and his attacks ignore defense. And each time you hit him, he gains 5% offense and 5% TM until he uses his basic next turn.
    JKL is harder to get that GAS. Not only do you need more characters reliced, you need 2 characters that are locked behind GET currency, 1 heroes journey, and 3 or so legendary characters too.

Yes was a full 501st team. JKL did basic on GAS he went down. JKL proceeded to take 3 turns which killed all my clones and then GAS got up did a basic which did nothing and JKL did special and wiped him out.

That's standard. The longer the fight goes on, the better JKL gets and the more offense he can build up. You really want to eliminate him early on, not wait until he's the last. By then he's hitting like a semi truck on a VW beetle.