Can we get some Carbonite Circuite Boards added to rewards for...something?

Replies

• Sewpot wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Impulse detectors say hi

For R8, absolutely. Everyone is screaming about the ReRancor reward structure (myself included) - but the real bottleneck of R8 is Impulse detectors.

I'm stocking up the gear from shard shop and have (you guessed it) plenty!

Well hold on to that stockpile because after bringing 6 characters to r8 this is my stockpile lol irw0tji81437.jpeg

Some would probably consider those somewhere between 0-6 bad choices, if you think you are having an issue with resources, in a resource management game.

Cute idea for F2P but when you swim in kraken waters (over 8 mil gp) you need to put some of those resources on characters to try and have an edge and stay relevant. Everyone has saved resources until they invest those resources and then they don’t. Then it’s back to saving.

Not to mention meeting guild minimum requirements. Sometimes you have to G13 toons you don't really want to.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Swimming in "Kraken waters" was totally your choice though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    Impulse detectors say hi

For R8, absolutely. Everyone is screaming about the ReRancor reward structure (myself included) - but the real bottleneck of R8 is Impulse detectors.

Well hold on to that stockpile because after bringing 6 characters to r8 this is my stockpile lol irw0tji81437.jpeg

Some would probably consider those somewhere between 0-6 bad choices, if you think you are having an issue with resources, in a resource management game.

Cute idea for F2P but when you swim in kraken waters (over 8 mil gp) you need to put some of those resources on characters to try and have an edge and stay relevant. Everyone has saved resources until they invest those resources and then they don’t. Then it’s back to saving.

Not to mention meeting guild minimum requirements. Sometimes you have to G13 toons you don't really want to.

Being in a guild that has "minimum requirements" is totally your choice though.....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I just use crystals. It's 1 day arena rewards.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    sloweagle wrote: »
    You're "good" in the sense of reaching equilibrium where your supply of salvage for CCBs is neither growing nor shrinking? Or you're "good" in the sense that your dwindling supply of salvage hasn't yet reached zero?

I've only spent a couple thousand crystals on CCBs and only recently went to farming CCB salvage with 60 sims/day, but I wasn't "fine" before that. The supply was being exhausted, I just hadn't hit rock bottom yet.

I'm good because at rough estimate I could R7 30-40 toons with what I have on hand (if I converted it).

I am extremely picky with what I relic.

And I haven't spent any crystals.

Same. 3 GL, no crystals spent on circuit boards. And could relic quite a few more characters.

Don't get me wrong - I realize that my supply is going down, and is be fine with then being added. But like all other aspects of the game is resource management and choices until they do

Same here too. 4 GLs and 92 relic. No crystals spent on CCBs either node or shipments farming. My CCBs material stockpile is nearly exhausted. I am a Dec 2015 player, so I can imagine this can be even worse for later players who have a smaller stockpile. I will welcome change to increase CCBs supply, but I can live without one as I can manage the relic pace to be consistent with the hand we are dealt with.

You dont count. (jk) :wink: You're the best f2p in the game.

lol, I am just trying to bridge gap between TVF-alike and OP-alike. Showing good resource management doesn’t mean some new CCBs supply shouldn’t be welcome. I am swimming with kraken too as a pure f2p and have to follow guild priority too. At this point, my CCB gears are running at around 40 per types, I can certainly see it dwindling towards 0 if I keep my current relic pace. When that happens, I will adjust the pace then. Perhaps CG’s planned new GW will increase some CCB supply for example.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Jppc wrote: »
    Impulse detectors say hi

Again, anecdotal

@Jppc again you are using it wrong.

v6GAAmP.jpg
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    You're "good" in the sense of reaching equilibrium where your supply of salvage for CCBs is neither growing nor shrinking? Or you're "good" in the sense that your dwindling supply of salvage hasn't yet reached zero?

I've only spent a couple thousand crystals on CCBs and only recently went to farming CCB salvage with 60 sims/day, but I wasn't "fine" before that. The supply was being exhausted, I just hadn't hit rock bottom yet.

I'm good because at rough estimate I could R7 30-40 toons with what I have on hand (if I converted it).

I am extremely picky with what I relic.

And I haven't spent any crystals.

Same. 3 GL, no crystals spent on circuit boards. And could relic quite a few more characters.

Don't get me wrong - I realize that my supply is going down, and is be fine with then being added. But like all other aspects of the game is resource management and choices until they do

Same here too. 4 GLs and 92 relic. No crystals spent on CCBs either node or shipments farming. My CCBs material stockpile is nearly exhausted. I am a Dec 2015 player, so I can imagine this can be even worse for later players who have a smaller stockpile. I will welcome change to increase CCBs supply, but I can live without one as I can manage the relic pace to be consistent with the hand we are dealt with.

You dont count. (jk) :wink: You're the best f2p in the game.

lol, I am just trying to bridge gap between TVF-alike and OP-alike. Showing good resource management doesn’t mean some new CCBs supply shouldn’t be welcome.

I never expressed an opinion either way in this thread on an additional supply of resources. I merely stated that I am doing just fine without it.
  • I love how any conversation about easing some kind of a gear crunch always falls back to, “git gud and manage better noob”

I forgot that in a collection game we had to be extremely picky on everything we do for years on end with no relief to day one crunches.

InB4 “your choice, blah blah blah, CG god mode”
  • TVF wrote: »
    Impulse detectors say hi

Again, anecdotal

@Jppc again you are using it wrong.

v6GAAmP.jpg

Or is he?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Yes he is. I made no claim for anyone but myself, and showed data to back it up.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I love how any conversation about easing some kind of a gear crunch always falls back to, “git gud and manage better noob”

Well you can complain on the forums or you can manage better, I guess. Only one is guaranteed to do any good.
  • Well you can complain on the forums or you can manage better, I guess.

Why not both?

I'm getting my toons relic'd and keeping up with my peers, if not slowly overtaking them, and have been doing so for about 2-2.5 years. (Three years ago I was in the 100s for fleet arena & 700-800s for squad - that's obviously improved if you look at my swgoh.gg profile) Sure, you might call the time before that time when I wasn't managing resources as well, but I also didn't care about the game as much and, much more importantly, over two years ago we had no idea the relic system and Carbonite Circuit Boards would ever be a thing.

I think I do fine managing competing resource needs. I just think that this game needs more CCB sources. And, looking at my most important resource, time, I determined I had enough to manage my CCBs **and** write an OP asking for more.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Well you can complain on the forums or you can manage better, I guess.

Why not both?

I'm getting my toons relic'd and keeping up with my peers, if not slowly overtaking them, and have been doing so for about 2-2.5 years. (Three years ago I was in the 100s for fleet arena & 700-800s for squad - that's obviously improved if you look at my swgoh.gg profile) Sure, you might call the time before that time when I wasn't managing resources as well, but I also didn't care about the game as much and, much more importantly, over two years ago we had no idea the relic system and Carbonite Circuit Boards would ever be a thing.

I think I do fine managing competing resource needs. I just think that this game needs more CCB sources. And, looking at my most important resource, time, I determined I had enough to manage my CCBs **and** write an OP asking for more.

I wasn't addressing you with that comment. Asking for more is not the same as complaining about *everything* which is what certain people here do.
  • Fair.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    k6oq4w0bawsg.jpg

Know that this solution may not be for everyone, but you can do LS 1D. Judy one refresh will do. Refer to attached above pic, 60 for abt 10 CCBs. But the drop rate for the salvage is very high. So abt 10 days for 1 refresh a day will get the required 100CCBs. (Might be faster as there are other mats for salvage in the node as well)

Why not both?

I wasn't addressing you with that comment. Asking for more is not the same as complaining about *everything* which is what certain people here do.

And on the flip side you defending *everything* no matter what CG does.
  • I agree with that drying out of CCB salvage can be a big gatekeeper, (this is by design) and sure it should be some CCB rewards out there on the holotable. In any case the LS 1/C battle can be the only solution for now, where you can farm that salvages with relatively high drops.
    A bit off but related to here: I think the Mk 2 Circuit Breaker Module is a similar level of "problem", more precisely a similar gate. More and more 6 dot mod slicing items are gathering but the Circuit Breaker is the real bottleneck. Especially these days when GCs getting harder and including more gates.
  • I thought I would be depleting them when I was going for 2nd gl and was a bit worried. But this won't be the case anymore, I'm in pretty much equlibrium if not a net gain. At 75 relics.

1hgiwcsqda3u.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Impulse detectors say hi

R8 is not necessary to stay relevant or get an advantage, no matter what water you swim in, especially on 6 toons. 2 at most would make a possible slight difference, if any.

R8 is great in theory, but it feels like a bottle neck point more than a grand step forward. They just haven't played out the rest yet.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Why not both?

I've said multiple times I dislike the Crancor everyone post at once mechanic multiple times, in addition to multiple other things over the years, but nice try.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Olderaan wrote: »
    I agree with that drying out of CCB salvage can be a big gatekeeper, (this is by design) and sure it should be some CCB rewards out there on the holotable. In any case the LS 1/C battle can be the only solution for now, where you can farm that salvages with relatively high drops.
    A bit off but related to here: I think the Mk 2 Circuit Breaker Module is a similar level of "problem", more precisely a similar gate. More and more 6 dot mod slicing items are gathering but the Circuit Breaker is the real bottleneck. Especially these days when GCs getting harder and including more gates.

Are they getting harder?

This weekend's was cake.

Why not both?

I've said multiple times I dislike the Crancor everyone post at once mechanic multiple times, in addition to multiple other things over the years, but nice try.

I’ve praised CG multiple times when it’s been warranted, such as with the shard economy changes, in addition to multiple things over the years.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I’ve praised CG multiple times when it’s been warranted, such as with the shard economy changes, in addition to multiple things over the years.

giphy.gif

I'm guessing you can count all the nice things you've said with one hand....and have room to spare.
    You are one of the biggest whiners on this forum. Give me a break
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

giphy.gif

I'm guessing you can count all the nice things you've said with one hand....and have room to spare.
    You are one of the biggest whiners on this forum. Give me a break

Just as TVF can count all the bad things he’s said. Moreso I’m sure you could do that same with any kind of productive post or comment anywhere lol.

Calling out poor game management/design on CG’s part is not whining. However I’m happy you follow me so closely. Lovely to have such an adoring fan ;)
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Impulse detectors say hi

Hey, don't mock F2P, youl'll need someone to sandbag anyways...

Edit: about the idea of topic. Excelent. Why not?
  • GJO wrote: »
    Impulse detectors say hi

Hey, don't mock F2P, youl'll need someone to sandbag anyways...

Edit: about the idea of topic. Excelent. Why not?

CG can’t improve on perfection. /s
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Yes he is. I made no claim for anyone but myself, and showed data to back it up.

What data? Your inventory?

Yes. How is this a serious question?