Struggling new player. Would greatly appreciate your help!

I'm currently level 38 and noticed a few levels ago that I can't win any Squad Arena battles anymore. I did some research and started to get my phoenix squad together, but they are still pretty weak.

I'd be happy if I can get under 5000 rank for now (it would double my Kanan farm rate!). Can anyone give me any tips on what I can do or what to farm to make my team stronger? I'm down to spend $20-$25 if that would help a lot.

Here's my profile: https://swgoh.gg/p/978297759/

Thanks!

Replies

• Get the Phoenix team. Then gear only the Phoenix team. That should get you sub-1000 no problems
  • I'm definitely doing that now. I just feel like I'm in a catch 22 though since I need arena tokens to farm Kanan, but I'm only getting 100 a day since I'm ranked 8310 lol...

Also, should I avoid leveling up at this point? Like not turn in daily quests and such?
  • D3ADPIX3LS wrote: »
    I'm definitely doing that now. I just feel like I'm in a catch 22 though since I need arena tokens to farm Kanan, but I'm only getting 100 a day since I'm ranked 8310 lol...

Also, should I avoid leveling up at this point? Like not turn in daily quests and such?

Well you should lvl up your Phoenix team (minus Sabine) to max lvl every time you lvl up. This will get you your dailies until lvl 40. Also, gear them up to g8 with g9 Ezra eventually, so for now as much as you can. Focus regular energy farming on gear for your Phoenix team, plus Dooku as he is helpful in GW (upcoming) and for the hard node dailies. This will change to old republic as you can simultaneously farm for JKR once you unlock stage 5 LS, stage 5 DS, and stage 6 DS.

DO YOUR DAILIES. Also, in Squad Arena, play as close to your payout time as possible and pick teams you know you can beat.

If you are willing to spend $20-$25, I can't help you on that. If you are willing to pay £100, go for the Hyperdrive Bundle. Trust me, you'll be finding Squad Arena much easier.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • If you are F2P then I would focus on a Geos team first. Phoenix is good early with their synergies and will help you unlock Thrawn & Palp, but you will stall with them in Squad Arena as they don't do very much damage quickly (they are very good in GW though).

Plus, you will want Geos once you unlock ships & fleet at level 61, so already having them leveled and geared will make them better pilots. It's also easier to rank higher in fleet than squad arena, so getting an early start there will help. PS ships while good, are tough to maintain as you have 3 pilots each.

Also, a full squad of 5 Geos in squad arena once you can put the zeta on GBA is really good and tough to beat.
  • If you want to spend around $20-25, then there might be a limited time crystal bundle you could buy (I think I got one of 3500 crystals for $20). That will allow you to refresh normal energy 3x per day (150 crystals) and cantina energy 3x per day (300 crystals) which will allow you to level up / gear up faster, and therefore getting higher ranked in the Arenas for chances at more crystals there.
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    If you are F2P then I would focus on a Geos team first. Phoenix is good early with their synergies and will help you unlock Thrawn & Palp, but you will stall with them in Squad Arena as they don't do very much damage quickly (they are very good in GW though).

Plus, you will want Geos once you unlock ships & fleet at level 61, so already having them leveled and geared will make them better pilots. It's also easier to rank higher in fleet than squad arena, so getting an early start there will help. PS ships while good, are tough to maintain as you have 3 pilots each.

Also, a full squad of 5 Geos in squad arena once you can put the zeta on GBA is really good and tough to beat.

This is true. Geos under Nute with Dooku / full geos can be very helpful for Squad Arena. But can be taken out by Palp, zVader, Thrawn, +2 ... which requires Phoenix (Thrawn and Palp).
  • If you want to spend around $20-25, then there might be a limited time crystal bundle you could buy (I think I got one of 3500 crystals for $20). That will allow you to refresh normal energy 3x per day (150 crystals) and cantina energy 3x per day (300 crystals) which will allow you to level up / gear up faster, and therefore getting higher ranked in the Arenas for chances at more crystals there.

This is also true. If you want to keep up Phoenix, you want gear to be in your favour (and mods too when you reach them) so the energy refreshes should be used on gear for your Phoenix team. Same applies to geos/nute/dooku, but here, you may want to refresh Dooku node, which requires another 25 crystals.
    I'm definitely doing that now. I just feel like I'm in a catch 22 though since I need arena tokens to farm Kanan, but I'm only getting 100 a day since I'm ranked 8310 lol...

DO YOUR DAILIES. Also, in Squad Arena, play as close to your payout time as possible and pick teams you know you can beat.

This & This, both key. Always finish the daily quests and really start your Squad arena matches 1 hour before your payout (2 hours if you see some other teams you can beat, but there is a risk you get bumped)
  • While I like Geos, & encourage them post L60, they are no where near as good till you get Brood Alpha who is a Lvl8 farm in Cantina which he can't see at L38.

I 2nd the notes about Phoenix.

At 40 you'll open up G-War which will quickly allow you to access Zeb who will star up far faster than Sabine.
    Sabine is still good to farm but she is just too slow to really compete with the other 5 characters in terms of getting Emperor & Thrawn at L55-65 range.

Kanan might be slow for now but focus on ONLY gearing Phoenix & you'll rise fast.

The 2nd team you'll form will be Empire in all likelihood.

Getting at least 3 Scoundrels up & running for Credit Heists will keep your Credit income coming in every couple weeks. I suggest Boba, CW-Chewie, for 2 of them & Cad, IG88, or ST-Han for the 3rd or 4th/5th.

All will be needed later for CLS, Falcon/Chewie events.

Finally, as soon as you can see Bastila Shan's node, you farm here every day, just opening her at 2* when combined with GM-Yoda & 3 other Jedi (Kanan/Ezra/Ahsoka/OldBen) will shoot you up VERY quickly above any Phoenix teams. And her Zeta will make you immune to early Empire teams too.

For Cantina Battles focus on Ezra & Hera till 5*, then toss in KRU+Silencer Node if your L50 since you want that up & running at 4* minimum for Fleet at 60. Those 3 Nodes is all you should worry about till all 3(4) are 7*
    Then as suggested above the 2 Geo Sldr/Spy for ships, Old Ben for CLS/Jedi make for the next 3 nodes to farm. By the time you get all 6 of those to 7* you should be able to see the Alpha node in L8.

For the G-War store, the best farm order is Cad to Open at 3* IF and ONLY IF, you don't have a 3rd Scoundrel open yet.
    Otherwise its Zeb Zeb Zeb all the way to 7*.
    Then after Zeb is done do Cad to beef up Credits team for the L70/80 versions of that event.
    Other than those 2 characters, farm nothing but DS Ships out of G-War for a good long time.
    Your going to want all 3 Geo Ships as well as KRU-Silencer mentioned above & then a 5th DS Ship.

Who you make 5th is up to you Vulture, Hyena, TIE Bomber, Vader, Boba, ImpTIE, & FO TIE are all options at that level and I think all but Imp TIE are flat out required for later events or extremely useful in not requiring Gear for a character. Imp TIE on the other hand has the advantage of probably being the fastest of them all to level/star up the ship & character. So its a trade off.

For the Squad store, Kanan will be slower to level but that should fade over time as you add Zeb & put gear on the rest of Phoenix. Just farm him straight to 7*.
    The only other thing's you'll want in Squad Store early are again, a 3rd Scoundrel (IG-88 & ST-Han both here), and pumping up Moff Tarkin since Exec should be your first Cap Ship you level up to get access to the Zeta Mats event.

Cantina store is all about Chopper & Boba, just get Boba open for Credits at 4* but farm Chopper all the way to 7*.
    Then get Ahsoka open at 5* minimum to help as a Jedi for GMYoda farm.
    Chopper, Ahsoka, & Boba should all be taken to 7* before you start anyone else in the Cantina Store.

Once you open up the fleet store your going to want to farm Sun Fac & his Ship as your "common" farms.
    You'll also want to keep about 2000 currency banked at all times & only dip into the 2000 if you see one of your "Rare Farms" pop up.
    Rare Farms = Vader's Ship, Boba's Ship, Gen.Grievous, Rex's Ship.
    My suggestion is to focus on Vader/Boba first & only buy those 2 till they are done.
    Then make GG & Rex's ARC your "Rare" farms that you only dip below 2000 for.

The rest of the time, if you are over 2K coins, just buy Sun Fac & his Fighter till they are done.
    You'll get the other 2 Geo Ships from G-War store & the characters from Cantina as I mentioned above.
  • Thanks for the advice! I got under 5000 rank for the first time today focusing on Phoenix Squad. I'm excited to keep playing.

Any advice on what guild to join? My guild doesn't seem to run any lower level raids (if that matters at all for me).
    Thanks for the advice! I got under 5000 rank for the first time today focusing on Phoenix Squad. I'm excited to keep playing.

Any advice on what guild to join? My guild doesn't seem to run any lower level raids (if that matters at all for me).

Well get a 7* ASAP. 11 days minimum if you complete GW everyday.
  • As Child mentioned, get a character to 7* ASAP, this will likely be Zeb from G-War store.

Once you have Zeb at 7* then just look for guilds that don't require you to be L85 w/ millions of GP but are capable of doing Pit on Heroic.

If they can beat the Pit on Heroic you can get Han Solo shards just by zoning in w/ your Zeb & hitting the rancor 1x.

If the guild can do the same w/ the Tank raid you can start earning Gen.Kenobi shards the same way, off just having a single 7* character.

You can use the Guild Search function to filter membership size to tailor what your looking for.

Or post in the Guild Recruitment section of these forums