Replies

• Xitarus wrote: »
    Ok, so 33% is norm. It was 16.5% before? Eek
    No - today you were unlucky.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Xitarus wrote: »

@Xitarus no. It was and still is 33%. Again, when it dropped before you would get 1 shard, now you get 2.

It doesnt change the drop rate, it makes it take half the time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No - today you were unlucky.

Yes this. You are not likely to see the statistics play out in a small sample size like you are posting there.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited December 2020
    Well it would seem I am mistaken. Maybe it was during “double drops” or I’m confusing the relic pieces that have a 2, but usually drop 1. Apologies.

It still doesn’t change my opinion about the drop rate feeling any different. I did 35 sim tickets and received 12 shards. It definitely wouldn’t have been 6 before.

Maybe I should stop doing multi and just do 1 sim at a time? Don’t see why that would make a difference, but maybe.

@Xitarus I see people say erroneous things constantly here. What I rarely see is anyone own up to it.

Well done.

P.S. number of sims is irrelevant. Drop rate is always the same.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'm hoping for a picture of a yeti.

I am waiting for bigfoot.

You guys are both looking at the same thing from a different point of view.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • New method is literally the exact same as "Double Drop Days" when many complain that 2x0 = 0

Its the same 1/3 (33.33%) chance of a "shard" to drop, the only difference is it drops 2 instead of 1.

And yes, the Signal Data don't work like that, they work like Omegas/Purple Mats in the Fleet Ability Mats challenge where the result could be 0-1-2.

The odds of getting 0/5 is still 13% or so.
    The odds of now getting 10/5 instead of 5/5, is still less than 1% chance.

I think my math is right showing chances of each outcome at 5 sims

hinvm2o0tsrv.png

Previously you would average 1.6667 Shards/Day, now its exactly double that since every single is doubled, so you should average 3.3333 shards per day.

But you'll want hundreds of samples before you can expect to see that play out.

After all 0 shards in 5 sims is only 13% chance but I've had it happen back to back on more than one occasion, RNG gives us all "streaks" sometimes.
  • This won’t be read by EA, but is it possible to let us players have a little more control over shards? The galactic store, cantina battles, squad arena, etc. have had these shards maxed out for months even years. Maybe allow us to select a shard we want to spend that currency on?
    Or a way to have an algorithm so if the shard is maxed out we receive ones we don’t have?
    And those Ally points? Over a million and what am I to do with these? Click that 250 button until my phone runs out of battery?

I know EA loves pay to play but I would argue a lot of us enjoy the universe of star wars and just want to enjoy this game but ****. Now I have to do my best to grind out IG-11 and Kuil before you take them away. It takes me months to grind these shards out. Honestly, I haven’t seen an increase. I still come up with 0 sometimes.
    You all clearly keep making hard events for us to do, so why hoard the shards?

I have spoken.
  • This won’t be read by EA, but is it possible to let us players have a little more control over shards? The galactic store, cantina battles, squad arena, etc. have had these shards maxed out for months even years. Maybe allow us to select a shard we want to spend that currency on?
    Or a way to have an algorithm so if the shard is maxed out we receive ones we don’t have?
    And those Ally points? Over a million and what am I to do with these? Click that 250 button until my phone runs out of battery?

I know EA loves pay to play but I would argue a lot of us enjoy the universe of star wars and just want to enjoy this game but ****. Now I have to do my best to grind out IG-11 and Kuil before you take them away. It takes me months to grind these shards out. Honestly, I haven’t seen an increase. I still come up with 0 sometimes.
    You all clearly keep making hard events for us to do, so why hoard the shards?

I have spoken.

I would argue no to basically all of this, it’s not that what you’ve said wouldn’t be nice but it wouldn’t fit in with how the game is designed imo. First off the stores won’t ever really change because they’re meant to be like that it serves as almost a sign of progression to new players and makes it so not every toon is a hard farm. As someone who started playing this year and has got everyone I want to get from most stores for the time being, I like the fact I didn’t have to hard farm some of those toons and I now get to use that to get Shard shop currency. Ally points are also a useful way to collect shard shop currency and while they may seem useless to some, the majority of the player base actually relies on ally points to get SSC, you only had to see the initial uproar to the Shard economy changes to see that. SSC becomes one of the most valuable things you can get as you go through the game so any way to get more of that in for even if it means tapping a button an obscene amount of times, it’d be nice if they added like a buy 10 at a time instead of 1 but oh well.

As for your point about grinding for IG and Kuill, the game is designed for it to take months to grind toons, it’s how it’s set up and it’s part of the overall grind of the game, they’ve made it easier for older toons but newer toons staying the same make sense to me, it’s just how the game works. Again I’m not saying your ideas are awful I just don’t agree they’d make the game any better and I for one wouldn’t really like to see any of them added, other than the gear grind which with any luck will be alleviated even slightly at some point down the line the stores and General shard grind is setup how it should be imo
  • I would say, I have definitely noticed a difference on my alt account on how fast you can finish a hard node.

Even on a bad day, I get 2 or more shards (except for really bad days where you get zero) which is better than the average before. And on good days you can get 8 or 10. So it makes a huge difference.

In the stores, I have been allocating at least half of the currency to the shard shop since those farms are pretty quick now and are getting done far faster than I can gear them all anyway. The extra shard shop currency and using more energy for gear helps some but there is still more that needs to be done to get these characters geared more quickly. At least up to g12 (I get it that relics is a bottleneck).

Hopefully, they meant it when they said they want to eventually ease the gear grind.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I would say, I have definitely noticed a difference on my alt account on how fast you can finish a hard node.

Since they literally changed drops from 1 to 2, I would certainly hope so.
  • In the stores, I have been allocating at least half of the currency to the shard shop since those farms are pretty quick now and are getting done far faster than I can gear them all anyway. The extra shard shop currency and using more energy for gear helps some but there is still more that needs to be done to get these characters geared more quickly. At least up to g12 (I get it that relics is a bottleneck).

Hopefully, they meant it when they said they want to eventually ease the gear grind.

Not sure how Gear is going any faster. Its the same rate as before.
    Unless you mean you have finished a character & now devote that to a Maxed one.

• Konju
    1142 posts Member
    In the stores, I have been allocating at least half of the currency to the shard shop since those farms are pretty quick now and are getting done far faster than I can gear them all anyway. The extra shard shop currency and using more energy for gear helps some but there is still more that needs to be done to get these characters geared more quickly. At least up to g12 (I get it that relics is a bottleneck).

Since shards are finished quicker, energy can be used for gear earlier than before the economy changes, hence slightly more gear. I think that was the point made.
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited December 2020

Well I am purposely putting some of the store currency towards shard shop. So there's more gear there. And I am also waiting to start the next set of farms until I use some energy for gear. So a bit faster there. Right now I'm only spending about half my energy on shards to try and balance it out a bit.
  • Given the shard economy change, why do the assault battle shard rewards differ between old characters? Both Gar Saxon and Shore Trooper drop more shards than the other old toons. Wouldn’t it make sense to equalize their shards at this point?
  • It was nice to be able to earn double the amount of shards for any toons that have been in the game for a year or longer but I've been wondering what batch of toons are ready to recieve the double drop update and if the devs will ever let us know which ones they are. I'm sure that some are almost ready for this treatment but I was just curious as to how the devs will handle this.
  • CG: "These changes clearly open the door to conversations about other economies, including Gear. Without making promises, we are in the midst of exploring how this could change in the future - but we need to adjust Shard rates first. Shards play a foundational role in Galaxy of Heroes and have a cascading impact into subsequent economies. This makes them an essential place to start and finish before we make adjustments to systems that will be affected by changes to Shards."

It's been a few months since the shard economy change was implemented. Any updates on how the exploration about other economies (gear) is going?
  • The dev post specifically says new marquee characters will be moved to the accelerated rate approximately 1 year after their release.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    CG: "These changes clearly open the door to conversations about other economies, including Gear. Without making promises, we are in the midst of exploring how this could change in the future - but we need to adjust Shard rates first. Shards play a foundational role in Galaxy of Heroes and have a cascading impact into subsequent economies. This makes them an essential place to start and finish before we make adjustments to systems that will be affected by changes to Shards."

It's been a few months since the shard economy change was implemented. Any updates on how the exploration about other economies (gear) is going?

They do not have any updates at this time.
  • Coolnessda wrote: »
    It was nice to be able to earn double the amount of shards for any toons that have been in the game for a year or longer but I've been wondering what batch of toons are ready to recieve the double drop update and if the devs will ever let us know which ones they are. I'm sure that some are almost ready for this treatment but I was just curious as to how the devs will handle this.

This is a good question. Let me look into for you.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    The dev post specifically says new marquee characters will be moved to the accelerated rate approximately 1 year after their release.

True, but I'll try to dig up some answers on more specifics, if possible.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited February 2021
    https://swgohevents.com/marquee

We have all the characters up to Resistance Hero Poe available,

The next latest Marquee toon is Cara Dune whose marquee event was April 23rd, and went farmable on a node on July 9th (2020)

So her shards should be accelerated on Either April 23rd-ish or July 9th-ish
  • For the most part, it appears the characters that will make the move to double drops will do so approximately one-year after their release as part of a game update, and we will typically mention this in the accompanying update notes.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    I mean, didn't we already know this? I'm not sure why it's a question. It was covered in the original posts IIRC.

• Jakdnels wrote: »
    CG: "These changes clearly open the door to conversations about other economies, including Gear. Without making promises, we are in the midst of exploring how this could change in the future - but we need to adjust Shard rates first. Shards play a foundational role in Galaxy of Heroes and have a cascading impact into subsequent economies. This makes them an essential place to start and finish before we make adjustments to systems that will be affected by changes to Shards."

GC twice a week, more gear. Conquest mode, more gear.
    If more content is the plan to give us more gear, kudos CG, gimme more !
  • TVF wrote: »
    I mean, didn't we already know this? I'm not sure why it's a question. It was covered in the original posts IIRC.

Yes, this was covered in the original post, but I wasn't sure what that process looked like (ie, would it be automatic, will we announce, etc). But yeah...it'll be about a year after as we indicated and we will announce in the update notes.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Yes, this was covered in the original post, but I wasn't sure what that process looked like (ie, would it be automatic, will we announce, etc). But yeah...it'll be about a year after as we indicated and we will announce in the update notes.

Ah the announcement part is what I missed. Gotcha.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member

Here's the big question: 1 year from release, or being farmable on the node? (That's a substantial difference in timing most of the time)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    RTS wrote: »

Here's the big question: 1 year from release, or being farmable on the node? (That's a substantial difference in timing most of the time)

@RTS
    New Marquee characters will launch as Original Rate characters, and move to the Accelerated list approximately 1 year after their release. (eg The Mandalorian will move to Accelerated in April/May 2021)

Based on this they mean release and not farmable

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/228487/content-update-04-29-2020#latest

He was released at the end of April, as per their example there.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    That's excellent, thanks @Kyno