We need new Metas!

Replies

• ccabezas93 wrote: »
    raybron99 wrote: »
    Literally you all been asking for rock paper scissors for the arena, CG gave us rock paper scissors, where we got 4 teams now capable of beating the other team and the arena is diverse now, now you all gonna start crying about how it's too much work to climb to the top of the arena now?

Certain people were asking for that, I was not one of them. I am here to show there are other opinions out there that need to be heard.

And yes, dropping to 40 every day regardless of how much better my mods are than the rest of my shard is dumb. Its also very time consuming, and theres 0 strategy other than hitting auto after I select my team.

Want to be the best, then gotta put in the time,
    You know what's boring though? Traya vs traya, Revan vs Revan, darth revan vs darth revan, gas vs gas, you know what's not boring? Fighting 4 different teams everyday to climb

Yeah but before, at most you need a refresh of the 5 attempts to go 1, now you have to spend practically 2 hours straight (or even more) hoping nobody hit you back and sometimes 2 refresh of the attempts.

What about the people blow top 50? The top 500 are active players but you don't see them complaining.

What you want is pay to win lol, because fighting fairly is difficult hahahahhaha.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Literally you all been asking for rock paper scissors for the arena, CG gave us rock paper scissors, where we got 4 teams now capable of beating the other team and the arena is diverse now, now you all gonna start crying about how it's too much work to climb to the top of the arena now?

I never asked for RPS, don't want it, never wanted it.

I agree with OP. I want a new GL meta and a new fleet meta. I'd rather not spend my whole day climbing.

Oh why am I not surprised one bit by this response.

New metas shouldn't bother you, Mr. Thumper. Right?

I don't want to spend all afternoon climbing. Shrug.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Certain people were asking for that, I was not one of them. I am here to show there are other opinions out there that need to be heard.

And yes, dropping to 40 every day regardless of how much better my mods are than the rest of my shard is dumb. Its also very time consuming, and theres 0 strategy other than hitting auto after I select my team.

You know what's boring though? Traya vs traya, Revan vs Revan, darth revan vs darth revan, gas vs gas, you know what's not boring? Fighting 4 different teams everyday to climb

What time is needed? The current GL vs GL is an auto fest. I would like to see the top meta teams beatable, but by good players who can execute a counter and have good mods. Right now, you just go in and hit auto.

All of the teams you mentioned mirrors on, were beatable by the previous meta. I am saying I prefer that state of the game where every six months or so we got a very powerful team that gave us something to strive for.

Going all in for SEEP for example felt pretty hollow as you couldn't use him for arena and he got rolled over in GAC by troopers. I think thats a bad direction for the game, and you are free to disagree.

Then why do I see people in arena with SEE? At the top, I mean.

So they can hit auto when they see any Jedi.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    GAC is a good candidate for new focus if the rewards were better and included crystals

You must love the matchmaking threads then because you'd get 1000x more.

Threads are one thing, but it's true that matchmaking might pose a problem. At my level, I find it pretty well balanced, but I guess the variation will be greater in lower GP, with the typical example of new whale vs. older account. So in the end, I guess this is not the way to go...
  • ccabezas93 wrote: »

Yeah but before, at most you need a refresh of the 5 attempts to go 1, now you have to spend practically 2 hours straight (or even more) hoping nobody hit you back and sometimes 2 refresh of the attempts.

What about the people blow top 50? The top 500 are active players but you don't see them complaining.

What you want is pay to win lol, because fighting fairly is difficult hahahahhaha.

Actually I would argue those players are the ones who complain every time a new toon is released because "ReQuIrEmEnTs are too hard". I want hard requirements, and I want them now.

• TVF wrote: »

I agree with OP. I want a new GL meta and a new fleet meta. I'd rather not spend my whole day climbing.

Oh why am I not surprised one bit by this response.

New metas shouldn't bother you, Mr. Thumper. Right?

I don't want to spend all afternoon climbing. Shrug.

But your mod depth keeps you afloat my bro. Trust them as they will keep you above the riff raff as that hard work to get there will always keep rewarding you. ;)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Being ready for anything right now is also possible for f2p (unless it's something like an armorer requirement).

Good thing you don't represent the entire player base.
    If OP asks for his opinion, why do you have a problem when someone gives their’s?

Idk you seem to have a problem with me tho, always replying to all my comments, I feel like I I a stalker here.
    He directly replied to me, not the OP.

If OP asks for his opinion, why do you have a problem when someone gives their’s?

Either because they are scared of a new meta (and probably should be) or because I'm the one that posted it.

Who is scared of the new meta? Is attacking others all you can do? You reply to someone you get a reply back
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    [Who is scared of the new meta?

Let's see your gg.
  • raybron99 wrote: »
    ccabezas93 wrote: »

Actually I would argue those players are the ones who complain every time a new toon is released because "ReQuIrEmEnTs are too hard". I want hard requirements, and I want them now.

Got zero problem with requirment, but what CG said was they want Galactic Legends to all be on par with one and other, where you won't be.

Hell I was really happy when they announced Luke and it required toons that mostly veterans had, but if CG wants to keep the game alive, they gotta keep the GL's on par with each other and probably relocate the crystals from the arena to other areas of the game.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ccabezas93 wrote: »

Got zero problem with requirment, but what CG said was they want Galactic Legends to all be on par with one and other, where you won't be.

They said that for these two new GLs. Nothing was said about the future.
  • I 100% agree with OP. 100%.

Fleet is stale as hell. I enter battle and hit auto. Only time I lose is if the other Nego fleet goes first and I lose ETA from the jump. It isn't fun. It is just stale and hitting auto.

Squad isn't much different. Only time I lose is when my JKR gets focused first and even then I have probably a 65% win rate. It is stale.

And OP is spot on about how there is no reason that people with poor mods should be able to climb to the top. No reason at all. A lot of people have invested a lot of time and crystals into getting great mods, but people with **** poor mods can still climb right now. It makes no sense and is a thumb in the nose to those who have put the work in.

Not to mention that TVF is correct. A F2P could 100% be getting 1 everyday in arena and be ready for whatever comes next. It isn't a P2P issue. It is a lack of content issue. Seems like they really missed the boat on Beskar Mando, but what are they supposed to do with him? He can't be more powerful than a GL. And therein lies the major problem with GLs. We need a new REWARD toon that is meta defining like Traya was.

What time is needed? The current GL vs GL is an auto fest. I would like to see the top meta teams beatable, but by good players who can execute a counter and have good mods. Right now, you just go in and hit auto.

Drevs vs DRevs was an auto fest so not really sure how that's better than GLs which you consider an autofest. Why not make it harder on yourself? Only climb with non-GL counters and see how good you do.

Drevs vs DRevs was an auto fest so not really sure how that's better than GLs which you consider an autofest. Why not make it harder on yourself? Only climb with non-GL counters and see how good you do.

Yea I am sure you would go in on faster BSF and hit auto. Go ahead and post that video. Cmon now.

Thats part of the point. With what we have now, modding is completely irrelevant. You pick the proper GL, hit auto, and you win. We need to get back to where modding mattered, alongside stronger toons.

Idk you seem to have a problem with me tho, always replying to all my comments, I feel like I I a stalker here.

Hah! Don’t flatter yourself. It’s a public forum. People are entitled to reply to things you post, especially when they don’t agree with it.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member

Either because they are scared of a new meta (and probably should be) or because I'm the one that posted it.

Who is scared of the new meta? Is attacking others all you can do? You reply to someone you get a reply back

So bringing this up again since you didn't reply first time. It wasn't an attack. It was an assumption. May or may not be fair, so let's see your gg so we can assess if I was on the right track or not.

Hah! Don’t flatter yourself. It’s a public forum. People are entitled to reply to things you post, especially when they don’t agree with it.
    So what you are saying is its okay for you to reply every post that I have, but if I were to reply to TVF you tell me;
    "If OP asks for his opinion, why do you have a problem when someone gives their’s?" The irony

Yea I am sure you would go in on faster BSF and hit auto. Go ahead and post that video. Cmon now.

Thats part of the point. With what we have now, modding is completely irrelevant. You pick the proper GL, hit auto, and you win. We need to get back to where modding mattered, alongside stronger toons.

Faster DRevs, actually. Personally I find your GLs on auto comment extremely unlikely. Modding is not completely irrelevant in the least; and again if you're finding it THAT easy, then change up who you're using to beat them. If you can't be bothered to do so, it seems maybe you're actually enjoying just hitting auto.

So what you are saying is its okay for you to reply every post that I have, but if I were to reply to TVF you tell me;
    "If OP asks for his opinion, why do you have a problem when someone gives their’s?" The irony
    There’s no irony.

When you responded to TVF you dismissed his opinion as irrelevant.

When I have responded to you (which I’m only aware of doing once when you said something hopelessly inaccurate about Sith Empire and Malak completing every GC so far) it’s because I disagreed with your point (which also happened to be wrong on that occasion).

It’s not about replying, it’s about what you say when you reply. I’ve only been dismissive of your posts when what you said was factually wrong.

There’s no irony.

When I have responded to you (which I’m only aware of doing once when you said something hopelessly inaccurate about Sith Empire and Malak completing every GC so far) it’s because I disagreed with your point (which also happened to be wrong on that occasion).

It’s not about replying, it’s about what you say when you reply. I’ve only been dismissive of your posts when what you said was factually wrong.

What are you saying TVF speaks for the entirety of the swgoh player base? 🤔 since all I said was, it's a good thing that he doesn't represent the entire player base, don't see that as dismissing his opinion, just disagreeing 🤷, and you did say it was completely okay for you to disagree with my opinion so it's completely fine for me to disagree with his opinion
  • Jppc wrote: »
    We really need a new fleet meta, Negotiator and Malevolence are the meta for ages. I don’t want new GLs or new meta in arena but I can imagine how bad arena are for those who have more than 1 GL

Agreed, I do want to use my empire/FO/Resistance more than 3 times a week. We are missing few ships to make each faction competitive, throw in a old republic and sith empire fleet, then we will have a diverse fleet arena with multiple different fleets to fight and climb,
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

So bringing this up again since you didn't reply first time. It wasn't an attack. It was an assumption. May or may not be fair, so let's see your gg so we can assess if I was on the right track or not.

@Itsa_me_Malario nothing? If not it seems obvious that I was right. I can understand why you don't want a new meta. But neither of us speaks for the whole player base, fortunately.
  • str2019
    64 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    At this point only an extreme amount of power creep would stop people from acquiring the latest and greatest at fast pace. Power creep would also lead to aforementioned boredom due to repetition in the arenas and would fall very short of rewarding people for their existing investments (= still no way to benefit daily from your acquired character / ship inventory).

So, I think there is a better way. Squad and Fleet arenas could be merged into one multiple encounters-based arena. Such that players set, say, three encounters as their defense. A player could set three GL teams or all ships if they so wished. To beat a player, and take their rank, an attacking player would have to beat all the encounters the defender has set.

There are many possibilities for fine-tuning details so they could be whatever is found to work best. At the very least the match timer and the length of max jump should probably be increased. Also a worthy QOL addition might be to reward players for their average rank for each day in addition to max rank attained.

There’s no irony.

What are you saying TVF speaks for the entirety of the swgoh player base? 🤔 since all I said was, it's a good thing that he doesn't represent the entire player base, don't see that as dismissing his opinion, just disagreeing 🤷, and you did say it was completely okay for you to disagree with my opinion so it's completely fine for me to disagree with his opinion
    No - nobody speaks for the entire player base. Not him, me, or you.

But the forum would be an even more soul destroying place if every single time someone posted their opinion, somebody else felt obliged to point out that they didn’t speak for the community. It’s a pointless contribution to a thread that’s sole purpose is to seek other’s opinions.

Anyway, back on topic, I’d love a new meta in both arenas because the longer this one goes on, the more people appear out of nowhere trying to muscle in on my crystals.

Whenever the meta shifts, I usually get there pretty fast. Others don’t. That’s why I want a new one.
  • Jppc wrote: »

Oh come on you are a TVF’s defender (or is it defensor? Sometimes english can be a bit difficult).
    Anecdotal

Going all in for SEEP for example felt pretty hollow as you couldn't use him for arena and he got rolled over in GAC by troopers. I think thats a bad direction for the game, and you are free to disagree.
    If you're losing in arena with SEE, you're either using the wrong team or fighting SLKR (and even then you can win with Armorer/Wat). If you're putting SEE (an attacker) on defense in GAC you're using him wrong.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*