Moff Gideon

Prev134
Thanks for putting him on cantina. Its really nice to have a break from hard node farming! Especially when its such a viable toon. Very nice treat.

Replies

• Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Agreed. I wouldn’t mind some fleet farms in the future too. Balance is nice for squads.
  • I agree, this was a nice surprise. Thanks :)
  • Particularly on a 10 energy node
  • If this is not a sarcastic thread I’m lost.
  • Wolfcast1e wrote: »
    If this is not a sarcastic thread I’m lost.

I feel the same, but others in my guild say the same... I'm lost
  • Lol I guess everyone is different, that's why you cant please everyone. I would prefer new toons be farmable on anything other than cantina, because all my cantina energy gets used to farm relic energy
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Lol I guess everyone is different, that's why you cant please everyone. I would prefer new toons be farmable on anything other than cantina, because all my cantina energy gets used to farm relic energy

Pretty much this - I want Gideon badly, but I absolutely cannot take a break from cantina relic farms right now.

(and that is 100% their intention I'm sure)
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I'd rather farm kyro than signal data and a fast farm rather than a slow one so I'm with the OP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • RTS wrote: »
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    Lol I guess everyone is different, that's why you cant please everyone. I would prefer new toons be farmable on anything other than cantina, because all my cantina energy gets used to farm relic energy

Pretty much this - I want Gideon badly, but I absolutely cannot take a break from cantina relic farms right now.

(and that is 100% their intention I'm sure)

Yup, but I’m sure Gideon will be needed for something...so a farmin I will go.
    We need another spot to earn signal data, maybe add it to raids, GAC or GC’s.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    There's hardly been any new cantina farms for a long time now, signal data is fine there.
  • SSHHH!!!! Not so loud!!! CG might hear us and use there favorite equation 1positive=3negatives

People generally are more likely to speak up when they're displeased rather than happy, so the equation seems solid ^^
  • People who are happy with this, must have thousands of signal data stockpiled. Either that, or they all finish first in both arenas every day, and can waste crystals on refreshes. I can't think of any other reasonable explanation when every valuable toon requires 15 relic toons.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    People who are happy with this, must have thousands of signal data stockpiled. Either that, or they all finish first in both arenas every day, and can waste crystals on refreshes. I can't think of any other reasonable explanation when every valuable toon requires 15 relic toons.

"waste"
  • Relics are overestimated for the most part. They are required a lot though lately with all the GLs and Crancor. I like farming a good character in the cantina after such a long time, especially on a 10 energy node. We can be done with it in less than a month.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    People who are happy with this, must have thousands of signal data stockpiled. Either that, or they all finish first in both arenas every day, and can waste crystals on refreshes. I can't think of any other reasonable explanation when every valuable toon requires 15 relic toons.

Gideon is temporary (meaning you can "finish" farming). So liking this because you can farm multiple characters for a period of time and then go back to signal data, makes sense.

If you think every valuable toon requires 15 relic toons, that may be a hint as to where your misunderstanding is starting.

I dont imagine there are many people who's only limitation on being able to relic a character is signal data.
  • Moff Gideon is a great character, that quite possibly will be required for something else, and is on a 10 energy node. Surely, this doesn't have to be something else to moan about? Yes, I get that it distracts somewhat from relic farming materials but personally I'll alternate between the two.

Overall, agree with OP.
  • TVF wrote: »

"waste"

Ok. "Spend".
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

"waste"

Ok. "Spend".

"15" ;)

As was pointed out above, you can finish Gideon in 3 weeks doing 3 refreshes a day and then you're right back farming all the signal data you can handle.
  • I dont imagine there are many people who's only limitation on being able to relic a character is signal data.

Yeah, the thing is that Signal data really isn't much of a limitation at all for me. I relic about 1 new g12 toon per week, and I can get about the right amount of signal data to take them as high as I want (usually r5) within that week. So if I started getting g12 gear a lot faster, then signal data would be a limitation. But right now, it's not (provided I spend 200 crystals a day on farming, but that's baked into my regular budget & I don't mind).

So what happens for me is that for the next 3-4 weeks, signal data is halted or massively slowed (however I want to do it) and so during that time signal data becomes a limitation when it wasn't one before.

3 weeks of 3 refreshes / day seems like the route I might want. It slows my accumulation of crystals by 100/day more than normal (which I wouldn't worry about except that I just spent my stash & only have 4k on hand right now), but since my primary use for those crystals is purchasing Kyrotech, and since I don't need kyrotech if I'm not doing g12 finishers, and since g12 finishers don't help too much if your toons are going to be stuck at r0, I can probably put things on hold for 3 weeks and just not spend any crystals on Kyros & I'll be more or less fine.

It's never fun to delay your GL quest by 3 weeks, but I'm not all that close to JML right now, and Gideon is a worthy toon.
  • Already at 4 stars, the RNG gods are on my side today.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Gideon is temporary (meaning you can "finish" farming). So liking this because you can farm multiple characters for a period of time and then go back to signal data, makes sense.

If you think every valuable toon requires 15 relic toons, that may be a hint as to where your misunderstanding is starting.

I dont imagine there are many people who's only limitation on being able to relic a character is signal data.

What do you mean temporary?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gifafi wrote: »

What do you mean temporary?

• MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm happy with the decision to put his farming node on the autobahn of progress. Thank you CG.
  • People who are happy with this, must have thousands of signal data stockpiled. Either that, or they all finish first in both arenas every day, and can waste crystals on refreshes. I can't think of any other reasonable explanation when every valuable toon requires 15 relic toons.

Or we don't have all those toons sitting at G13 so what is the rush, must be nice to be able to complete G12 on all those characters.
  • I'm happy with this. Not only because he's on a low-energy node for easy farming that won't take *too* much from relics. But because this is the way CG use to build up to new characters. Spread them around to various modes so you could simultaneously farm toward Jedi Revan or something. Makes me think we're building toward something. And having Imperial Super Commando in the store makes me think it's more season 2 characters: Bo-Katan and/or the Dark Trooper.
  • I think they have double drops on him. The drop rates for me are the same as the year old characters. I can’t believe how fast I’ve been farming him the past 48 hours.
  • Yeah I just got 14 shards off of 2 refreshes
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Costino1 wrote: »
    I think they have double drops on him. The drop rates for me are the same as the year old characters. I can’t believe how fast I’ve been farming him the past 48 hours.

Nah, you're just lucky

Also, I think it's ok on farming on cantina, I mean, I use 1-3 refresh, depending on what I need the most (signal data or gear) to farm signal data on cantina, and all the energy you get by just waiting and the daily energy reward it's used on a character/ship, in this case, I'm spending like 120-180 energy on Ebon Hawk farm, and my refreshes on signal data