Sorry Phipps

Replies

• I always use the 50 refresh because by the time my reward's hour comes I am usually in the high teens or twenties.

For GW, I use Barris (L), Luminara, Sidious, GS, and then for the other slot it depends on who I am facing. If it is a Jedi heavy team, I will use Dooku
    Empire Relic
  • @HalB It looks like Avouch and Broby will be contending with us for Central Time Zone. Hopefully we can always make it into the top 4.
    Empire Relic
  • Seeing ima gun di leading the number one team I couldnt help myself from testing my team. Even at 5 star he is tanky... the counter attacks happened. I avoided aayla. If you had kit fisto would be interesting. I also thought old Ben would be awesome with that ima gun di team... I avoided all AOEs (Yoda and anakin). I would also wonder how dooku would work there. Would ima gun di leadership stack on counters? I was too afraid to hit aayla to see if she might proc twice. We were 4 vs 4 with both qgj dead (your weak link on defense in my opinion on that squad that is defense oriented ) anyway your health was better. I got in a lucky lumi heal or I would have lost bad to AI. So you def have something there ...
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    Seeing ima gun di leading the number one team I couldnt help myself from testing my team. Even at 5 star he is tanky... the counter attacks happened. I avoided aayla. If you had kit fisto would be interesting. I also thought old Ben would be awesome with that ima gun di team... I avoided all AOEs (Yoda and anakin). I would also wonder how dooku would work there. Would ima gun di leadership stack on counters? I was too afraid to hit aayla to see if she might proc twice. We were 4 vs 4 with both qgj dead (your weak link on defense in my opinion on that squad that is defense oriented ) anyway your health was better. I got in a lucky lumi heal or I would have lost bad to AI. So you def have something there ...

Thanks. I love the feedback. I have a max Kit I could throw in there, but I like Qui Gon on offense. Yes, the counter percents stack but it's Jedi only so it doesn't apply to Count Chocula (who doesn't need the help anyway). I tossed Maul in there instead of someone to take out an All Jedi team, but will continue to play around with it.

I'm expecting to get to 6 stars for Ima this week, and 7 stars sometime in 2035.

• Predian
    615 posts Member
    @LordAlvert I have a 6 star Ben but he's not remotely leveled or geared. I haven't wanted to spend the time on him.
  • I thought old ben would be nice because after i get off a few attacks he is going last. A lot of my guys were yellow or almost half health after round one. Yes yoda counters him but only if I use battle med. Which is okay since you are defense oriented. The better reason is that he is a guy I dont want to hit. I have always wanted a team with dooku, aayla, fives, ima gun, maybe ben, opress? Who do you hit first? You don't wanna hit any of them. With QGJ it is an obvious guy to target first and a squishy one. Just swap out overnight... Maybe tinker with maul, RG, there is a lot there to work with. Your team seems close to being downright scary.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    RG would draw fire and then no one would counter. I could throw savage in there, as a finisher type with tons of health?
  • maybe even your barriss... lumi and her dodges... sid and his dodges... if you are a mostly jedi squad who can you reliably focus down as first target?
  • yeah savage would be interesting I think. or any tanky jedi. the longer your guys survive the more percentage change they get to counter... my QGJ probably dies after two counters and a normal attack. he will never see the third round. and my other guys will have some damage as well... even a weaker old ben no one wants to see six green buffs on your other four guys...
  • another thought would be AI will do an AOE almost always so really sid would be nasty with that line up he would soften all my jedi and it is very angering to have to take him out first as he dodges a ton... you might get off two AOEs (anakin and sid) and then the counters hurt that much more....
  • anakin and sid's ability to block heal might be pretty infuriating as a counter to ashoka and lumi as well to anger my turn 2...
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    I hate Sid, I'll never use Sid. When I first starting playing all I ever saw was Sid. Sid. Sid. Sid. Sid. Sid. And then it became Poe Poe Poe Poe. I don't use either of 'em. (Now it's Qui Gon but I had him first so I'm less annoyed by that.) I'll play around with another AOE type. Not Kit, because his AOE barely exists. Ventress is too slow. Maybe I'll get 88 ready.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    anakin and sid's ability to block heal might be pretty infuriating as a counter to ashoka and lumi as well to anger my turn 2...

There's also Kylo Ren...he exists still.
  • Insufferable_camper
    682 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I have been farming and gearing Dooku for the eventuality that a lot of Jedi's will start showing up in arena. I still need some Bacta Gels for him though to completely gear him.

I didn't farm him initially for the same reason I didn't farm Phasma, since everyone was using them.
    Empire Relic
  • I like kylo he has the native counter as well so fits your counter squad. His AOE really hits hard... IG88 is just another easy round one take down. Kylo is a tank as well... Would be very scary tbh.
  • Has anyone tried using Yoda as leader against some of these teams filled with Dooku, Sid, and Kylo?
    Empire Relic
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    I've never leveled his leader ability.
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    @HalB It looks like Avouch and Broby will be contending with us for Central Time Zone. Hopefully we can always make it into the top 4.

@Insufferable_camper I just checked and I'm at rank #9. During the week I don't have time to do the refresh, so I will work my way up from wherever I am. I'll try to hit #4 or higher if possible...
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I'm at 34, farthest I've dropped in over 2 months. This is what you get by not farming QGJ and running him. My mistake thinking they would balance the game sooner by the time I was done farming my rebel lineup.

At this point why not just him the mandatory leader in arena and you can't play it unless you have him.

The Poe era was terribly too, I hated having to play him but did it anyways since I was farming him long before he became OP.

So sick of seeing him do his stupid jump 50 times a day. Make no mistake I'm sick of all the top 10 used toons including my entire roster.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Hang in there @Phipps money making meta changes coming... Arena is easy to focus and defocus time on... It will swing back. There are a lot of ftp that make staying up there more crystal intensive... @Predian so went after you twice at number one just now. First battle maul was hiding in the corner by the time I noticed he was a sliver of red. But then came his aoe. It decimated my squad. I was 3 v 3 your aayla, Ashoka, ima gun di. I got in a lumi heal and was like back in against the AI. But all my dps was gone and I could not kill little Ashoka she auto-healed and I couldn't focus her--you won w 3 dudes standing. Next battle I used more power (yoda third special and Ashoka heal special first turn) this led to maul and qgj dead first turn. Qgj got in one hit. 5 v 3 with heals not bad whacking Ashoka yoda giving everyone foresight helped vs the counters totally blocked them for 1.5 turns... You need less squishy dps/aoe and it will be scary...
  • @Phipps if it makes you feel any better, I am completely unprepared for the cap raise and shift. I will be scrambling the next few weeks to prepare.
    Empire Relic
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Thanks @LordAlvert. I guess I will make some changes and see what plays. Here goes....
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Predian wrote: »
    Thanks @LordAlvert. I guess I will make some changes and see what plays. Here goes....

Alright - kit and savage in for maul and qgj. I beat you with four toons standing, but it felt like a struggle against the AI. You should roll me easily. I may try anakin instead of savage but he needs a few pieces is gear.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I just had 120 purple mats and blew through them to ability Teebo to the max. Down to 44 now, about to 4 star RG tomorrow just need 1 more shard. I have him gear 7 almost gear 8 but all lvl 3 abilities. Not sure if I'll waste purple on him until he is 5* and meta change/update since all that matters is speed at this point.

I had almost 6 million credits but again wasted the non Teebo and 7* Han so down to 2.8.

I have over 18k training droids...10k 2 star, 7k 1 star and rest 3 and 4 star so I'm set there.

I'll probably be saving everything from here until update other than energy and crystals. However if I get over 150 purple mats and 10-15 million credits saved and update still isn't here I'll properly use that as my base and start lvl and ability other toons.

At this point I have 11 lvl 70 and 9 7* characters.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    @Phipps - in your honor I'll keep Ima Gun Di as my squad leader as long as I can stomach it. It's hard with him at 5 stars.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Predian wrote: »
    Phipps - in your honor I'll keep Ima Gun Di as my squad leader as long as I can stomach it. It's hard with him at 5 stars.

I'll add that aayla ahsoka Ima savage and kit - my entire current lineup - are uncommon in our top 20.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I give up I just lost 3 fights in a row against cookie cutter teams. It's bad enough the other team gets 15 turns before I'm allowed to move but evidently God is manipulating the RNG as well for them considering the AI targeting and RNG has to be 100% perfect for them to win on defense......and while typing that someone I've never seen before fights me and moves me back to 27th.

Impossible not having QGJ every single team attacks you.

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Gonna have to get use to this 200 crystal a day diet. For weeks I was doing 2 cantina refreshes a day and 2-4 regular a day.

Once I decided to farm ewoks I cut out the 2nd cantina refresh so I could afford refreshing their hard nodes. Got to cut that out too it looks like now. Will only be able to be doing 1 cantina and 2 regular.
  • Sorry your frustrated @Phipps. For what it's worth, I find your team one of the toughest to face.
  • Let me go against you after work... Keep in mind just because it is hard on offense doesn't mean it doesn't perform well on defense. We all suspect the RNG thing hits better for the AI. So you may not be getting in the number of counters I am facing when going against you... I can tell you IGD, Aayla, Ashoka are potent on defense... Update to follow...