Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• RTS
    682 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Any plan to fix the missing buttons issue? It's been back with a vengeance since December.

Has happened to me once in the past several months. Check your device.

Has happened to me recently in an arena match, of all places. My device is fine.

Are you sure?

Is your phone old? Is it low on memory or storage? Have you not restarted it lately? Have you not closed the app lately?

I have never once had it happen to me, and I'm in the game more than I should be.
  • id rly like to have some visuals on the health bar. Rey gets her whirlwind at 60% and u just have to guess if you are at 55% or at 61% at the moment.
    Just a little marker at reys healthbar would help alot.

also maybe some love for the ingame auto mod function. specially newer players can walk into the trap and use it and get very bad mods equipped
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    RTS wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    BeralCator wrote: »
    Any plan to fix the missing buttons issue? It's been back with a vengeance since December.

Has happened to me once in the past several months. Check your device.

Has happened to me recently in an arena match, of all places. My device is fine.

Are you sure?

Is your phone old? Is it low on memory or storage? Have you not restarted it lately? Have you not closed the app lately?

I have never once had it happen to me, and I'm in the game more than I should be.

It rarely happens to me and Im in the game more than I should be as well.

Now the unending loyalty bug....I encounter that almost every day.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett
    Something that I was always curious about since Geo TB was introduced:
    With every TB there are units (characters and ships) introduced that are only in these TB's. The character models and kits are there. Why not add them to the game as playable chars (if there are balancing concerns for some parts of their kits then tweak them)? Would love to see the HMP Droid Gunship or General Kalani hit the table as playable versions.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Could you maybe inquire when HSTR will finally be simmable? Because right now, everyone with SLKR solos the raid on auto while people who went for JML and Rey to help their guild in LSTB can't even make the top 20. If there is no interest in balancing the GLs, just make everything simmable.

Including the new raid once a guild has completed it manually. It once again strongly favors SLKR, who can solo an entire phase. Which I'm sure wasn't intended, yet here we are. Unless you're planning to nerf the über-GL or buff the other 3, this would be the fairest solution. And let's be honest, it's not like the raid is fun to play. I don't think anyone will miss it after suffering through it once.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I think CG's plan is to have two playable raids at any given time, but I think hSTR is overdue to be simmed since the rewards structure encourages you to compete for top 10 spot, and there is no more room for competing, and a SIM rewards top 10 prize box
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    New raid confirmed, thanks Ultra.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Back in 2019 TopHat mentioned testing ships for an upcoming raid, whatever happened to that raid? Is it still in progress? If not, what details can you share about the now-defunct content?
  • Can you maybe change the bronzium packs so that each month or so, they have only characters from one faction? (Of course no legendaries or GLs)
  • Has there been any thoughts on creating a fleet "squadron" builder? With more fleets being needed for GAC, the less recent addition of LS TB - it wouid just be a helpful timesaver.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Has there been any thoughts on creating a fleet "squadron" builder? With more fleets being needed for GAC, the less recent addition of LS TB - it wouid just be a helpful timesaver.

@Nikoms565 yes there have been discussions on this, but it is not likely to be a top priority as it is not as easy as one would think, due to how ships are built in game.
  • I’m a big fan of the cutscenes in Mando’s Journey guide, and I was wondering if a story mode could be added to the game where the player can reenact classic Star Wars scenes.
  • I would like to know the future of SWGOH meta. Is it just going to be new GLs every time a meta changes? Will there be a higher character class? Or just new characters buff existing GLs. I feel like this specific question will determine the games remaining lifespan via meta unless it shifts to a PvE game. That being said, this is my biggest question @CG_Doja_Fett
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    @CG_Doja_Fett
    Something that I was always curious about since Geo TB was introduced:
    With every TB there are units (characters and ships) introduced that are only in these TB's. The character models and kits are there. Why not add them to the game as playable chars (if there are balancing concerns for some parts of their kits then tweak them)? Would love to see the HMP Droid Gunship or General Kalani hit the table as playable versions.

I have always wanted to know this as well, seems like an easy way to make money ;)
  • This might seem odd to newer players, but I think it would be fun to add the raids to the journey guide - as single player events.. I realize there are people who can solo HSith with the right SLKR team - but it would be fun to try different ways to to beat the various phases of each of the raids. Even going back and actually playing the original Rancor or AAT with different teams.

I mean, don't get me wrong - if they wanted to roll it out for even paltry rewards once a month, I'd be totally cool with it. But just as a "sandbox" against the various raid bosses would be fun.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    What does the balancing of pilot-less ships look like in relation to relics? What about power creep? You've just introduced relic 8 into the wild, do the pilot-less ships that are maxed get a boost to match relic 8? What were they before? Relic 7? Relic 5? Some clarity would be helpful and interesting @CG_Doja_Fett
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Just to be clear.

Please do no ping Doja when asking a question, this is not meant to be a catch all place where he will answer questions. He made the thread, he knows when someone replies to it.

Also, this is not directly about game related stuff, this is meant to be more conversation points. Asking direct questions about in game features is not the point an may lead to your question being ignored, as that is not the point.

If your topic has a thread already, please feel free to add to it, there is no need to post it here.
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    This might seem odd to newer players, but I think it would be fun to add the raids to the journey guide - as single player events.. I realize there are people who can solo HSith with the right SLKR team - but it would be fun to try different ways to to beat the various phases of each of the raids. Even going back and actually playing the original Rancor or AAT with different teams.

I mean, don't get me wrong - if they wanted to roll it out for even paltry rewards once a month, I'd be totally cool with it. But just as a "sandbox" against the various raid bosses would be fun.

This is a really great idea.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Just to be clear.

Please do no ping Doja when asking a question, this is not meant to be a catch all place where he will answer questions. He made the thread, he knows when someone replies to it.

Also, this is not directly about game related stuff, this is meant to be more conversation points. Asking direct questions about in game features is not the point an may lead to your question being ignored, as that is not the point.

If your topic has a thread already, please feel free to add to it, there is no need to post it here.

I'm confused, doja specifically mentioned that one of the things this was for was topics of interest that need more explanation. As an example he mentioned a dev breakdown of an in game mechanic. How is this not an example of a game feature?

It's also an older feature/ content as pilotless ships have been out for a while and I've yet to see details about what happens when we get a new ceiling like relic 8s.

So sure, my bad for tagging him, but how is my question inappropriate?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Just to be clear.

You mean, don't do this? :

Mj54ph1.gif

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    This might seem odd to newer players, but I think it would be fun to add the raids to the journey guide - as single player events.. I realize there are people who can solo HSith with the right SLKR team - but it would be fun to try different ways to to beat the various phases of each of the raids. Even going back and actually playing the original Rancor or AAT with different teams.

I actually asked this question during the Q&As when they were still a thing.

Can any or all of the raids be added to the journey guide for fun and/or practice? No rewards of course, apart from allowing people to progress in any of the quests that they may be doing.

The Journey Guide presents the raid characters: Han Solo, General Kenobi, and Darth Traya. The goal of the feature is to surface the actual actions players need to do and point them to those actions. Because the raids are designed to be collaborative game modes, creating an isolated practice mode wouldn't fit the goal of the Journey Guide. That said, I can see the value in the suggestion, and it's probably something that could fall under the initiative of the sandbox mode.

The TL:DR answer is no. That being said, I did ask the question, so I do like this idea as well.
  • I'd be interested to know what the selection process is for hero induction, if it's purely CG's decision or if EA/LucasArts has any authority.

example, Solo a Star Wars Movie: I think a lot of people were surprised when Beckett wasn't added to the swgoh roster.

Back in 2018 I remember Carrie saying she would love to add Hondo Onaka, so it's assumed there are channels to go through first. The question is of relevance to whether there is any platform for we, the players to be able to pertition for additional characters to be inaugurated.

Also while I'm here, if anyone could explain the exact mechanics of "each of his/her turns" which often appears in hero kits I'd be appreciative, example TIE Fighter Pilot getting almost infinite amounts of foresight (which often reapplies at the end of all my heroes turns)

thanks in advance
  • Pitdog73
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Not sure where to put this but
    1)BOBA FET is a Mandalorian, but not in game.
    2)While I got 50 characters all needing same upgrade gear.(multipletimes). yet got over 100,000 pcs of gear .. no one uses.
    3)THE MANDALORIAN.. has a ship.. but not in game..
    4)Where's pilot Luke Skywalker and his x-wing.
    You know we all want to here luke joining fleet battle saying.. "Red 5. Standing by"
    5) need a Death Star battle guild battle event.
    6) challenge rewards.. only 2 pcs of gear from all 3 challenges are worth anything.. should change rewards/add a tier/ or something not to make them pointless..
  • Are there any plans to update the toons and gear in the Catina Battle Store, Guild Store, Squad Arena Store and Galactic War Store? Allowing a better rotation of toons can help new players and some older players.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Musk_misk wrote: »
    Are there any plans to update the toons and gear in the Catina Battle Store, Guild Store, Squad Arena Store and Galactic War Store? Allowing a better rotation of toons can help new players and some older players.

@Musk_misk those particular stores have been locked to allow players to transition through them, starting with shards to build a wider roster, and then transitioning to shard shop currency income over time. Those stores will not be updated.
  • Doja, here from the SWGoH Events Discord under your orders (good soldiers always follow orders):

1. Just want to thank you guys for how awesome it is engage with you all now.
    2. I had two topics:

- challenge tier 2 and 3 have the same rewards, just was curious what the thought process was behind that since I think a lot of it was us thinking it was a place holder for something we would recieve in the future.
    - can you delve into how ships factors into GAC matchmaking, since that's kind of an enigma from anything I can find.

Again, thank you so much!
  • Fatal
    58 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Would it ever be possible to revisit the concept of 15% base resist RNG and 2% base evasion chance? In a game with competitive modes, making the right move and having the game randomly decide that your choice wasn't valid is incredibly frustrating.
    Post edited by Fatal on
  • Fatal
    58 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Would it ever be possible to get a downgrade system? I don't expect it to refund for balance reasons. Give it 15 warning/confirmation screens or whatever to prevent accidents, but there have been more than a few theorycrafting situations lately where I'd kill to make a character lower relic or take off an ability upgrade. If GP smurfing/sandbagging is a concern, I'd still gladly take that trade even if my GP wasn't lowered when that downgrade was made. I'm effectively locked out of certain tactics and setups because I got excited over-upgrading characters in the past, and it's pretty frustrating.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Fatal wrote: »
    Would it ever be possible to get a downgrade system? I don't expect it to refund for balance reasons. Give it 15 warning/confirmation screens or whatever to prevent accidents, but there have been more than a few theorycrafting situations lately where I'd kill to make a character lower relic or take off an ability upgrade. If GP smurfing/sandbagging is a concern, I'd still gladly take that trade even if my GP wasn't lowered when that downgrade was made. I'm effectively locked out of certain tactics and setups because I got excited over-upgrading characters in the past, and it's pretty frustrating.

@Fatal

No.

Would you expand on what tactics you think would work better with lower grade toons?
This discussion has been closed.