JML Lead is a Joke

Prev1
Obitoo_johnobi11
122 posts Member
edited February 2021
As we have all seen, JK Revan has been the clear favorite in arena as far as jedi lineups go.
I recently unlocked JML and have been using him in arena. I have climbed quiet a bit compared to the 501st I had before, but JK Revan can't be beaten neither can SEE.
SEE might be understandable but Revan no. GL supposed to be endgame.
Now, I was so excited to test my endgame JML in LS Geos, but guess what twice I was obliterated in the 1st phase, getting 0/4 both times.
First time, I was too confident so I didn't use my best jedi, which you are suppose to use them with JML.
The second time, I chose to go with a better lineup, I only managed to take down 1 B1.
If you can't use his lead in the arena or the LS Geos, where are you suppose to use it. It is not even useful in the Ground War Assault Battles CT.
Now, if you are using him outside his lead then you can't use his ultimate. So what was the purpose of his design for real.
I am really disappointed that I waisted all this time and resources for a useless GL that only sometimes works only with OP jedi. All 3 of the other GLs have some kind of purpose to this game or make other toons useful in this game, he has none.

CG can stop avoiding everything that is going wrong with this game?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I've had him for a few months now I still haven't given him his ultimate
  • It takes too long to charge and if you get it to go, you have wasted a bounce of good specials and the output of his ulti compared to all the other GLs does not compare. Rey blocks all damage, Kylo blocks all damage to himself and gets a boost, SEE becomes a attacking beast, Luke just changes looks. That is about it!
  • Interesting.
    I daily climb to the top of arena with JML lead, one of the easiest matchups is JKR lead JML.
    I have so far gone 4/4 in LS Geo each phase, using JML lead, not using the strongest Jedi with him (I think it was JKA, snips, Old Ben and g12 Jolee last P).

I’ll give you that for assault battle CT3, I used JKL lead. However if you play that halfway decently you can actually get off his ultimate as the battle is quite long overall.
  • Could his lead / ultimate use a slight buff to be more relevant? Absolutely. I think no one agrees that not unlocking an ultimate should even be a viable option.

However that doesn't mean that his lead can't be used outside of arena. In GAC I stomped a SLKR, Daka, Zombie lineup just fine with JML, GAS, HY and could easily take on a normal full FO SLKR with my JML and spare jedi as he's a hard counter to SLKR. In LS Geo I constantly get 3/4's with him and a bunch of leftover Jedi, in the last phase I got 3/4 with him and a g11 Aayla and g12 Ezra. You just have to mod him for very high protection while maintaining a good speed amount.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I used his lead with JK Luke, HYoda, GMyoda and Revan. I only took one turn before GMYoda and Revan were destroyed. I have all protection primaries other than the speed arrow. His speed is not great, but not bad either (535)
  • SLKR no longer becomes a GL against JML. He’s literally a rose tico. GAS and the 501st can do more damage to JML than SLKR. Every GL has their weaknesses.
  • I know, but all GLs have some strengths too, he has none other than climbing the arena depended on how many SEE are there.
  • I used his lead with JK Luke, HYoda, GMyoda and Revan. I only took one turn before GMYoda and Revan were destroyed. I have all protection primaries other than the speed arrow. His speed is not great, but not bad either (535)

Using JKL under JML instead of building a 2nd jedi team that will get an easy 4/4 most of the time? Ok.

But if you got 0/4 with that team then it's clearly a player problem and you should get more familiar with game mechanics.
  • I was surprised that he didn’t have a permanent taunt and huge evasion percentage boost when he’s in his ultimate which would seem to fit in with what happened in TLJ. That along with giving him a passive ultimate charge would make his ultimate so much better.
  • It is not even useful in the Ground War Assault Battles CT.

I'd disagree with this. Auto'd up to and including Challenge Tier 2 with him yesterday (JML, JKL, GAS, Hoda, GMY). I'd already done CT3 with JKL, Shaak Ti, GMY, GK, and Hoda.
  • The way I see it, JML lead is useful in multi-stage encounters that give him the time to get ultimate (except the AB, that seems to be tailor-made for JKL). In one-off battles like arena, JKR is better. In fact, JML leads are some of the easiest wins I get with my JKR lead.
    There is some hope that Conquest will have multi-stage encounters to let JML shine. That would give him a good place in the game.
  • Obitoo_johnobi11
    122 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Legend91 wrote: »
    I used his lead with JK Luke, HYoda, GMyoda and Revan. I only took one turn before GMYoda and Revan were destroyed. I have all protection primaries other than the speed arrow. His speed is not great, but not bad either (535)

Using JKL under JML instead of building a 2nd jedi team that will get an easy 4/4 most of the time? Ok.

But if you got 0/4 with that team then it's clearly a player problem and you should get more familiar with game mechanics.

In my first try, that is what I did. You can't judge like that with knowing no facts on how I play. I finished top 7 in my arena the last few days.
    When i initially used him with not as good jedi he was obliterated and that is why i chose to include JK Luke, but no difference was made. Ability block was evaded and AOE took 2 of my toons straight away.
    How is that a player problem?
  • Both him and SEE could do with minor tweaks I think to make them generally more viable. Rey and SLKR are just a bit above them generally at the moment, even though JML and SEE have their strengths. Since they are going to apparently rework SLKR a little bit, they might tweak other GLs as well.
  • I want slkr also buffed, I recently unlocked him and he can't do much against jml and Rey with all big jedi. Please buff him, I just want to auto in arena.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    I used his lead with JK Luke, HYoda, GMyoda and Revan. I only took one turn before GMYoda and Revan were destroyed. I have all protection primaries other than the speed arrow. His speed is not great, but not bad either (535)

In my first try, that is what I did. You can't judge like that with knowing no facts on how I play. I finished top 7 in my arena the last few days.
    When i initially used him with not as good jedi he was obliterated and that is why i chose to include JK Luke, but no difference was made. Ability block was evaded and AOE took 2 of my toons straight away.

Looks like you know everything better so good luck on your future attempts in LS Geo TB.
    JML lead is still not bad and has given people 4/4's without using all the top jedi with him. So it's in no way "a joke".

Looks like you know everything better so good luck on your future attempts in LS Geo TB.
    JML lead is still not bad and has given people 4/4's without using all the top jedi with him. So it's in no way "a joke".

That is definitely what I said. I am the all-knowing!
  • Ripperpa wrote: »
    I want slkr also buffed, I recently unlocked him and he can't do much against jml and Rey with all big jedi. Please buff him, I just want to auto in arena.

GLs shouldn’t be able to auto all over GLs. There has to be a bit of rock papers scissors. SLKR is already overall the best GL.
  • Ripperpa wrote: »
    I want slkr also buffed, I recently unlocked him and he can't do much against jml and Rey with all big jedi. Please buff him, I just want to auto in arena.

Right, let's buff the best character in the game. Again.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ripperpa wrote: »

GLs shouldn’t be able to auto all over GLs. There has to be a bit of rock papers scissors. SLKR is already overall the best GL.

Don't feed the troll.
  • 13jkelly wrote: »
    SLKR no longer becomes a GL against JML. He’s literally a rose tico. GAS and the 501st can do more damage to JML than SLKR. Every GL has their weaknesses.

While I agree with the last sentence, people that misuse the word "literally", figuratively drive me insane. Just use "like" - it creates a metaphor, which, since you are not speaking literally is what should be used for the comparison ....literally speaking. Plus it's shorter to type.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    13jkelly wrote: »
    SLKR no longer becomes a GL against JML. He’s literally a rose tico. GAS and the 501st can do more damage to JML than SLKR. Every GL has their weaknesses.

While I agree with the last sentence, people that misuse the word "literally", figuratively drive me insane. Just use "like" - it creates a metaphor, which, since you are not speaking literally is what should be used for the comparison ....literally speaking. Plus it's shorter to type.

qz1peyxf2uqt.jpg
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

You need better mods and GAS. Probably a better opening move too, if I had to guess.

I use JML JKL GAS GMY JKR and every fight against JKR leads is cake.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You need better mods and GAS. Probably a better opening move too, if I had to guess.

I use JML JKL GAS GMY JKR and every fight against JKR leads is cake.

I use JML lead in arena as well.

I can't pull it off and field JML under JKL's lead instead to 4/4. Any pointers on how to have success with JML's lead in LS TB would be appreciated !
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

I can't pull it off and field JML under JKL's lead instead to 4/4. Any pointers on how to have success with JML's lead in LS TB would be appreciated !

I actually prefer JKL lead in TB personally, so I think @TVF knows a bit more there.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

(caveat - I only use this in phase 1 where I need two jedi teams and run both JKL and JML lead. JKL lead is vastly superior later phases)

I use JML JKR GAS Shark Jolee. Get to ult ASAP. Use Shark heal on JML so he keeps taunting. Shark also will dispel droideka on basic. Can call her to assist whenever that's needed, otherwise call GAS.

• TVF wrote: »

(caveat - I only use this in phase 1 where I need two jedi teams and run both JKL and JML lead. JKL lead is vastly superior later phases)

I use JML JKR GAS Shark Jolee. Get to ult ASAP. Use Shark heal on JML so he keeps taunting. Shark also will dispel droideka on basic. Can call her to assist whenever that's needed, otherwise call GAS.

Thx, I'll try that next month ! But I think until I have 10 relic'd jedis, I'll have a hard time fielding 2 teams anyway Oo I'll give my g12 Jolee a chance to shine though, maybe Luke's taunting will shield him enough.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

I use the standard JKR team but with JML lead instead. So, jml, jolee, bast, jkr, and a fifth jedi (I use barriss at g12 or ezra)

Then JKL lead with both yodas, old ben, and a fifth.

If you can spare one of the super jedi like shaak or GAS, toss them in there. Usually I get 4/4 with those teams, unless a droideka decides to one shoot someone before anyone gets to move
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Thx, I'll try that next month ! But I think until I have 10 relic'd jedis, I'll have a hard time fielding 2 teams anyway Oo I'll give my g12 Jolee a chance to shine though, maybe Luke's taunting will shield him enough.

My Jolee is also G12. Other four have relics. On the JKL team (GMY Ben GK Hoda) GMY is G12, others relics.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Tbh I thought op meant how jml makes waves easy in lsgeotb
    Maybe End Game isn't for you