What are some possible KOTOR GLs?

Prev1
One of my favorite eras is kotor and would love to see some potential GLs from there. Obviously the best choice would be the revans, but they are already in-game. Darth Malgus? Jedi lady from trailer in Swtor game? What do you think?

Replies

• Kotor is not rly an option for a GL anymore (except for Metra but she'd have no counterpart) as they aready implemented the most powerful chars from those 2 games:
    Kotor I - JKR/DR vs Malak
    Kotor II - Sith trio; Metra could be used but there'd be no DS counterpart here

So only swtor would be an option with many possibilities: Satele, Malgus, Vitiate, Arcann, Senya, Vaylin, etc.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • 13jkelly wrote: »
    Jedi lady from trailer in Swtor game? What do you think?

:D Yes, let's have a GL that not even the people asking for it know her name.

Seriously though - as stated above, KOTOR (as far as this game goes) is kind of a "been there, done that". I think future GLs will come from newer sources - but likely more movies/Disney+ series. Things like Mandalorian, new Obi-Wan series that's recording soon, etc. I don't think we'll be going back to video games released 10+ years ago.

Part of SWGOH is not only that it's a game, but a marketing tool. Hence, when the sequel movies came out, we got Resistance and First Order (and their GLs). When the Mandalorian craze hit, several characters from that series, etc.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • @Nikoms565 he doesn't know the character because he hasn't played the game nor read the books. Literally her name is in the first trailer of SWTOR https://youtu.be/mm4JEZudf0c

SWTOR has been one of the most profitable star wars games that EA has ever made, so I can totally see them adding more old republic content to the game, especially a GL Revan and the Emperor Vitiate.

True yes, SWGOH is used like a marketing tool, except it all depends if the said movie/show makes money. Mandalorian is carrying disney plus and star wars on its back single handedly, while aovie like solo (a joke movie) only got few marquee characters and that's it, while Mandalorian got a legendary cbaracter and is crucial for the Galactic Challenges (plus I bet we will get a Galactic Legend from that show soon enough)

So chances of us getting old republic content is pretty high, since they got enough characters for a GL
  • We'll get High Republic characters before we get more Old Republic characters.

But, also, again--not every character has to be a Galactic Legend. There are regular legends, hero's/ancient journeys, epic confrontations... There's lots of ways an important character can come into the game without having to be a Galactic Legend, which, incidentally, would require a second character simultaneously added.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    We'll get High Republic characters before we get more Old Republic characters.

But, also, again--not every character has to be a Galactic Legend. There are regular legends, hero's/ancient journeys, epic confrontations... There's lots of ways an important character can come into the game without having to be a Galactic Legend, which, incidentally, would require a second character simultaneously added.

Yeah because this is an jedi qpwjqq0a6ghy.jpg
    🤣😅🤣🤣😅🤣🤣😂😂😂 wait please someone photo shop the face with porkins face and tell me he is a jedi nh63p9u5cibr.jpg
    Somethings just don't work man, they should had made her a pilot or something.

In any case high republic is dead on arrival so I don't see any toons coming from there
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    What's wrong with Ram?

The porkins joke makes me think you are implying chubby people cannot be jedi??

I don't see anything wrong, or laughable about that character being a jedi tbh
  • Ultra wrote: »
    What's wrong with Ram?

lol 😆 Um there this thing called, I can't quite remember what it was... oh yes found it, there is thing called suspension of disbelief, you see after certain point something is just so ridiculous that you can no longer suspend yr disbelief, like seen a over weight person wining the marathon or a skinny dude winning the weight lifting championship, or you know watching an overweight actor trying to do the same thing as maul 8c9ahs7srix5.gif
    Or watching Pedro pascal just lift up Gregor Clegane in the duel they had in game of thrones,

I'm a chubby person myself, I got nothing against people like me or female or males or whatever you want to be, but sometimes you just have to call out ridiculous stuff
  • Yes, yes.

When exercising your telekinetic powers and ESP, it's important that your body fat not be above 7%, because that's how telekinesis & ESP work.

It's especially important that you not be old and withered, past one's physical prime, because then you'd never be able to fight without completely subverting the willing suspension of disbelief:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTq0xK4UQvw

• I mean, seriously. That green dude can barely walk, but now they expect us to believe he can swing a lightsaber?
  • Yes, yes.

When exercising your telekinetic powers and ESP, it's important that your body fat not be above 7%, because that's how telekinesis & ESP work.

It's especially important that you not be old and withered, past one's physical prime, because then you'd never be able to fight without completely subverting the willing suspension of disbelief:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTq0xK4UQvw

Yeah I would love to see Ram do this w1ycnr9py2se.gif
    🤣🤣🤣
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    You don't need to be athlethic to be a jedi

There are multiple ways of lightsaber forms, she can be a force user focused rather than a duelist

Just like Yoda is able to hope around using the force, maybe she could too

you're just fat shaming the franchise because its new and different tbh
    Just like Yoda is able to hope around using the force,

He IS the rebellion!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
    You don't need to be athlethic to be a jedi

There are multiple ways of lightsaber forms, she can be a force user focused rather than a duelist

Just like Yoda is able to hope around using the force, maybe she could too

you're just fat shaming the franchise because its new and different tbh

Lol fat shaming? Bro 143kg what fat shaming 😳, if they use her as a force user sure I got nothing against it, but that's not how it's gonna go down, it would look ridiculous for her to dodge and weeb and deflect blasters like ahsoka or someone else
  • It's all ridiculous. If you look, the blaster bolts move faster than the light saber, and there's not enough time to adjust.

They're not "dodging" the blaster bolts or saber cuts that they see. They're just walking to the place that their ESP tells them is going to be safe when they get there, or swinging their sword the way the force tells them to swing it at the speed the force tells them is correct.
    Ben Kenobi: Remember, a Jedi can feel the Force flowing through him.
    Luke Skywalker: You mean it controls your actions?
    Kenobi: Partially, but it also obeys your commands.

The Jedi sets the goal - like surviving a blaster barrage or severing a bully's arm - and the force draws the Jedi's body along the necessary path.

It's like Chirrut. How did he dodge all those blaster bolts with no eyes? How did Luke deflect the stingers with the blast shield down.

It's not about athleticism. It's never been about athleticism. Not even a tiny bit. It's all about the Force.
  • @Nikoms565 he doesn't know the character because he hasn't played the game nor read the books. Literally her name is in the first trailer of SWTOR https://youtu.be/mm4JEZudf0c

SWTOR has been one of the most profitable star wars games that EA has ever made, so I can totally see them adding more old republic content to the game, especially a GL Revan and the Emperor Vitiate.

True yes, SWGOH is used like a marketing tool, except it all depends if the said movie/show makes money. Mandalorian is carrying disney plus and star wars on its back single handedly, while aovie like solo (a joke movie) only got few marquee characters and that's it, while Mandalorian got a legendary cbaracter and is crucial for the Galactic Challenges (plus I bet we will get a Galactic Legend from that show soon enough)

So chances of us getting old republic content is pretty high, since they got enough characters for a GL

Well I have played the game I guess I just didn’t pay attention when her name was said. I played sith mostly lol.
  • Suspension of disbelief, yes I can suspend my disbelief when I saw chirrut just walked and didn't get shot a single time, since it was a chaotic battle scenario, not like c3po and r2d2 when magically they dodged all the laser shots when they were walking in that corridor in a cross fire, heck they didn't even have a force connection unlike chirrut,

Um yes they are dodging the blaster bolts here look Vader deflects the first shot, then dodges the 2nd shot and then deflects the third shot into the guy firing, 4vuwd4obir3z.gif
    Again I can suspend my disbelief to the fact that these are basically space wizards w7vb3a9lfnkc.gif
    The Jedi sets the goal - like surviving a blaster barrage or severing a bully's arm - and the force draws the Jedi's body along the necessary path.
    Oh really? So ima gun di set the goal of dying to bounce of b1 Droid and have his captain also die with him instead of surviving the blaster fire and escape g with others?

Did Cere Junda set the goal of getting trapped by the empire and telling them where her padawan was?

No it's not about athleticism, look at dooku, but it's about suspension of disbelief, I can suspend my disbelief that an old jedi master is still extremely dangerous in a combat, but I can't suspend my disbelief at a person like Ram that would be able to fight an athletic person toe to toe, just like how watching papa Palpatine fight the jedi council was outrageously silly and out of character
  • Suspension of disbelief, yes I can suspend my disbelief when I saw chirrut just walked and didn't get shot a single time, since it was a chaotic battle scenario, not like c3po and r2d2 when magically they dodged all the laser shots when they were walking in that corridor in a cross fire, heck they didn't even have a force connection unlike chirrut,

Um yes they are dodging the blaster bolts here look Vader deflects the first shot, then dodges the 2nd shot and then deflects the third shot into the guy firing, 4vuwd4obir3z.gif
    Again I can suspend my disbelief to the fact that these are basically space wizards w7vb3a9lfnkc.gif
    Oh really? So ima gun di set the goal of dying to bounce of b1 Droid and have his captain also die with him instead of surviving the blaster fire and escape g with others?

Did Cere Junda set the goal of getting trapped by the empire and telling them where her padawan was?

No it's not about athleticism, look at dooku, but it's about suspension of disbelief, I can suspend my disbelief that an old jedi master is still extremely dangerous in a combat, but I can't suspend my disbelief at a person like Ram that would be able to fight an athletic person toe to toe, just like how watching papa Palpatine fight the jedi council was outrageously silly and out of character

This guy says "Hi."

PTRBettis020214.jpg
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Um yes they are dodging the blaster bolts here look Vader deflects the first shot, then dodges the 2nd

Is it that you aren't reading, or are you reading but unable to understand? Here's what I said:
    They're not "dodging" the blaster bolts or saber cuts that they see.

Yes, they get out of the way of blaster bolts, but they do that in response to ESP/the Force, not waiting until they see someone pulling a trigger & then jumping faster than a blaster bolt travels.
  • bbfdq4j8lp1b.jpeg

Honestly yes, minus the kids and grandkids cause who wants kids lol
  • Nikoms565 kjsbex0wkksb.png

Please stop tagging me. If I want to read a post, I will. Thanks.

• Whooooosh!

Why do you think they have a Jedi who appears overweight? It’s to include people. You have to remember that Star Wars is a mass media vessel, not reality. The importance is that that Jedi shows people of a similar weight that they are powerful too, that there is nothing wrong with them, and acknowledges different body types. Disney Star Wars hasn’t been too successful with long time fans or super fans, so they are trying to push inclusion in order to gain a larger audience.

As to whether Ram could feasibly do the same athletic things as other Jedi is unimportant.

Side note: Most of you have probably heard about the “war” between Kathleen Kennedy and Favreau and Filoni. Personally, o think it’s a publicity stunt. F and F create nostalgic Star Wars for classic fans, newer writers produce Star Wars for the progressive or next generation fans, and the media is given this idea of a war to create buzz. Easy money.
    What's wrong with Ram?

lol 😆 Um there this thing called, I can't quite remember what it was... oh yes found it, there is thing called suspension of disbelief,

Point me to the page where she wins a marathon.

Because I can point you to Bam Bam Bigelow, Nia Jax, and any number of agile big people in the real world. Go fill your diaper about something else, hater.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • A GL Revan Reborn with both lightside and darkside powers/synergy. Equipped with purple and red lightsabers.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    RyanTheGr8 wrote: »
    A GL Revan Reborn with both lightside and darkside powers/synergy. Equipped with purple and red lightsabers.

That is pretty much the only KOTOR GL option imo. And thanks for bringing the thread back on topic from fat jedi...
  • Nauros wrote: »
    RyanTheGr8 wrote: »
    A GL Revan Reborn with both lightside and darkside powers/synergy. Equipped with purple and red lightsabers.

That is pretty much the only KOTOR GL option imo. And thanks for bringing the thread back on topic from fat jedi...

Emperor Vitiate is another, the guy is basically unkillable and turned both revan and Malak to the dark side with ease
  • The anti fat guy has clearly never seen a movie with Sammo Hung
  • Darth Malgus. Tulak Hord.
  • Blah_Blah
    15 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    If only KOTOR had one of the most powerful dark side force users of all time (if not the most) and as his counterpart, a dude who was hell bent on defeating him that he even REJECTED DEATH & is regarded as one of the best ever by both Jedi and Sith alike