Mods Cap

Prev13
We may not agree with a lot as a community but I would think most would agree to either increase the mod cap or outright remove it! Since it came out it hasn’t increased yet our characters increased and with mod load outs it’s imperative we can keep full sets away while we get the materials to work on mods we hope will turn into gold in the future. Thoughts?

Replies

• LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I would settle for just knowing how many mods I have and how much space is left.
    Something as simple showing me 995/1000 would be more than enough.
  • I would like to see a count of the number of mods I have in inventory.

I do not need an increase in the cap, that would just lead to me accumulating more unused mods.

Hitting the cap may be a bit irritating at times but it serves as a good reminder to weed out weaker unused mods and sell them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I’m constantly struggling with this problem myself. I don’t understand the need for a cap in the first place. With all the mods being given as rewards I can’t keep up with trying to level them all up and slicing them so I have no choice but to sell them off. I try and keep all mods with at least 10 speed and decent secondaries but there so few I got no choice but to hold onto semi garbage and hope that they pan out. What would help a lot would be some actual good mods being sold in the store and given as rewards. I would even pay cash for a great set of mods just to avoid this headache. As money hungry as CG is you would think they would try and do that.

I dont necessarily agree with a cap increase, as it will still be a problem, but it will just hit later... but there are other arguments for it, and at this point there should be some changes made. I dont believe they can just get rid of the cap, as there are such things as server space limitations and an unlimited amount of space for unique items for every player is just not going to happen.

In all honesty the bigger problem is our ability to manage them. A better ability to manage and move mods would make things much easier.

Someone has also suggested, expanding the cap just when moving, which would also help.

Another one is the ability to set up whole roster setups and just have it switch, again ignoring the cap to allow for all the mods to be moved that is needed.

If you think you are holding on to junk, or selling mods you have not been able to upgrade and "check" then you may want to consider farming more materials and developing a better strategy.
  • If you are reaching the mod cap you are not handling mods correctly. You probably have hundreds of useless mods sitting there. Find them and get rid of them. All you need is decide to sit down for 2-4 hours, depending on how theral you want to be and clean up the mess that has been created over the years. Then try to keep it clean..
  • Server limits are a reality, as Kyno stated all your mods are unique. If there were some more tools to deal with mods that would be great. I refresh 3 times per day and it just stinks to have to go from the mod space to the inbox to claim and then at least 4 more button presses to get to where you can upgrade them. Allow us to upgrade/sell right from where we acquire them. QOL mods please!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    The thing is majority of my mods are 10+ and blue/purple with extras I want to hold waiting to get the materials to see if I get the lucky rolls.

Some folks are saying bad management but that’s far from the truth. I want as many 15-25+ mods as possible however at this time I have to start deleting 10+ mods that could have some
    promise because of cap space.

A new system or way to sort that doesn’t increase cap when removing mods from toons would be great. Anything to where I don’t have to delete mods I was planning on upgrading so I can get a new mod I haven’t even sliced yet to see if it can be better...
  • I agree whole-heartedly with what Kyno and DaarthBrewer - we simply need better mod management tools - now more than ever. With more events LSTB, GCs every 3-4 days, GAC, TW, Assualt Battles, GL events, upcoming Conquest, etc. most players need to be moving mods much more often. The tools we have to do that are almost as rudimentary as the tools we have to communicate with our guild members (that's why so many players use Discord).

If it were easier to sell, upgrade, "check", sort, swap, and move mods, we likely wouldn't even need a higher cap.

And while we're on the subject - since the game likes to tell us we're about to go into battle shorthanded everytime, how about "You are about to go into GAC/TW with some of your top 80 characters missing mods - are you sure you want to join?"
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The thing is majority of my mods are 10+ and blue/purple with extras I want to hold waiting to get the materials to see if I get the lucky rolls.

Some folks are saying bad management but that’s far from the truth. I want as many 15-25+ mods as possible however at this time I have to start deleting 10+ mods that could have some

A new system or way to sort that doesn’t increase cap when removing mods from toons would be great. Anything to where I don’t have to delete mods I was planning on upgrading so I can get a new mod I haven’t even sliced yet to see if it can be better...

If I am not mistaken the cap is 1.000 mods unequipped. So you are telling us that you have almost 1.000 unequipped + however many equipped with +10 speed that are blue or purple? OK let's go with that. So you want to hold on to them until you find the materials to slice them??? 1.000+ mods??? From purple to gold the materials you need are quite a few so I think you will need some years before you upgrade them all.

Again, I am not saying the cap is fine, maybe it needs an increase, maybe not. All I am saying is if you reach the mod cap you are doing something wrong.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I would settle for just knowing how many mods I have and how much space is left.

I will 100% NOT SETTLE with that

There are 199 toons in the game, and a max loadout cap of 200

Like, at this point you can't have two mod setups of a character but the game design encourages multiple mod loadouts for characters because they have really good kits that works with different setups

And, the other issue is the mod storage capacity of 750 that doesn't work anymore with how relevant mods have become since its inception and the meta isn't just speed secondaries anymore so you need to hold on to many different type of mod sets, primaries, and secondaries
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    TaTaKaS wrote: »
    The thing is majority of my mods are 10+ and blue/purple with extras I want to hold waiting to get the materials to see if I get the lucky rolls.

Again, I am not saying the cap is fine, maybe it needs an increase, maybe not. All I am saying is if you reach the mod cap you are doing something wrong.

1479206864-donald-trump-wrong.gif
  • TaTaKaS wrote: »
    If I am not mistaken the cap is 1.000 mods unequipped.
    Pretty sure it’s 500.
    It’s really hard to understand what exactly you are saying, then.

If reaching the mod cap means you’re doing something wrong (according to you), then why would you be on the fence about it needing an increase?

I’m starting to head towards where @AndySCovell is, though probably a good year or so off actually catching up with him. I have 200+ Unequipped mods and pretty much all of them have +10 or better speed secondary. 6 months ago it was more like 100 unequipped mods with +10 or better.

The fact the mod cap hasn’t increased whilst the number of toons in the game has almost doubled since mods were introduced is a problem.

• Ultra wrote: »

Like, at this point you can't have two mod setups of a character but the game design encourages multiple mod loadouts for characters because they have really good kits that works with different setups

And, the other issue is the mod storage capacity of 750 that doesn't work anymore with how relevant mods have become since its inception and the meta isn't just speed secondaries anymore so you need to hold on to many different type of mod sets, primaries, and secondaries

I agree with this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

There are a few assumptions portrayed here that dont necessarily make sense, or at least are a little misleading towards the arguement being made.

- we dont need or use all the characters, no matter the situation.
    - while toons may need/do better with a situational mod setup, that doesnt require unique mods for each situation, in fact some of your best mods are probably moved and used more often in many setups, that hit different goals.
    - hyper specific setups are needed more often than not. Most likely in many situations the perfect mod setup vs the next best mod setup is less important than RNG in the event.

I'm not arguing against a mod cap increase, I just dont think its necessary if we were given better ways to manage them. Better tools mitigates or removes issues for many of the problems for the majority of players, and may surprise others who think they need more space.

There is an argument in there for an increase to the saved setups, but I would imagine that 1 or 2 roster wide saves (or other changes to management) would resolve that, more than say bumping it up 50-100%. I would also point out that if you need 200 setups, it could indicate you need more good mods, or a better strategy/setup, but that is a larger conversation and I'm not going to claim to be good enough to tell someone how to play their game.
  • Its sad and says a lot that it takes a 3rd party app to manage mods efficiently. CG needs to just hire Hot Sauce and let him take over in the mod department cause he does an amazing job as it is now.
  • I would settle for just knowing how many mods I have and how much space is left.

You mean, like this? B)

xy2atu68gear.png
    uog17h9bv229.png
    2qrf5x7p5r8u.png

SnakesOnAPlane
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2021

You mean, like this? B)

xy2atu68gear.png
    uog17h9bv229.png
    2qrf5x7p5r8u.png

I think he means one he doesn't have to pay a monthly fee for....

Kudos on the humblebrag though.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    “There is an argument in there for an increase to the saved setups, but I would imagine that 1 or 2 roster wide saves (or other changes to management) would resolve that, more than say bumping it up 50-100%. I would also point out that if you need 200 setups, it could indicate you need more good mods, or a better strategy/setup”

I like your roster wide setup idea (with better management) it would save quite a bit to have “GAC”, “LS TB” and “DS TB” mod roster loadouts. It would decrease the amount of specific loadouts required as well.

200 load outs max seems very easy to hit. Let’s say you currently have need to create load outs for 3 teams in LS TB, DS TB and normal setups for TW/GAC. Those 15-30 specific loadouts could pull mods from 50+ characters needed for GAC/TW. We are now at 80 loadouts without even trying. Add in a few raid teams and we are climbing past 100 without any issue. Even different arena comps require different modding. Assault Battles...these load outs add up fast.

To be clear, I don’t currently have these issues with reaching either cap on mods/loadouts, but I would greatly appreciate any/all mod QoL changes. Increase in cap just allows one more time between adjustments in minimum mod quality saved and more loadouts prepares more teams to achieve success in some of the difficult content CG kicks out (sometimes frequently).
  • I would settle for just knowing how many mods I have and how much space is left.
    Ultra wrote: »
    And, the other issue is the mod storage capacity of 750 ...
    TaTaKaS wrote: »
    If I am not mistaken the cap is 1.000 mods unequipped.
    [
    Pretty sure it’s 500.

Now can we get a mod count? Pretty please? :D
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Haha, I was pretty sure on 500 unequipped until I read this thread. 😂
  • HotUtils says 500 unequipped, so I’m pretty sure it’s 500
  • Some sort of auto level up and auto delete if they do not meet a set level
  • HotUtils says 500 unequipped, so I’m pretty sure it’s 500
    I think you and hotutils are correct but I cannot say for sure and the fact that we had 3 values floating around on one page made.me laugh. :D
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    HotUtils says 500 unequipped, so I’m pretty sure it’s 500
    I think you and hotutils are correct but I cannot say for sure and the fact that we had 3 values floating around on one page made.me laugh. :D
    My unassigned inventory is at 486 mods and I know I am close to the limit so 500 it is.

Pain in the bum to scroll through 30 pages of mods though! #WeWantAModCount
  • I don't love the mod cap, but it's pretty low on my list of QOL wants
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Wadthebad wrote: »
    Some sort of auto level up and auto delete if they do not meet a set level

Will not happen because people will accidentally do it and then get forum mad.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Be nice if they made the mod leveling slider less twitchy though. I've long since lost count of the number of times a quick tap on the has sent it all the way to 15 and every once in a while I reflexively click upgrade before correcting it.
    Be nice if they made the mod leveling slider less twitchy though. I've long since lost count of the number of times a quick tap on the has sent it all the way to 15 and every once in a while I reflexively click upgrade before correcting it.

This annoys me the most lol
    Be nice if they made the mod leveling slider less twitchy though. I've long since lost count of the number of times a quick tap on the has sent it all the way to 15 and every once in a while I reflexively click upgrade before correcting it.

This. It should stop at 12. ;)

• Nikoms565 wrote: »

You mean, like this? B)

xy2atu68gear.png
    uog17h9bv229.png
    2qrf5x7p5r8u.png

I think he means one he doesn't have to pay a monthly fee for....

Kudos on the humblebrag though.

Awww, thanks for recognizing. 🤗

SnakesOnAPlane