If you could add 1 Character to the game who would it be?

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Not every character has to be a galactic legend. Boba Fett doesn’t even have a regular legend character.

Yes, I know, Kylo Ren hasn’t, either—but Kylo Ren has been the co-lead of three movies and Boba Fett, so far, has been the recurring guest star on three episodes. Calm yourselves.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Not every character has to be a galactic legend. Boba Fett doesn’t even have a regular legend character.

Yes, I know, Kylo Ren hasn’t, either—but Kylo Ren has been the co-lead of three movies and Boba Fett, so far, has been the recurring guest star on three episodes. Calm yourselves.

But he is getting his own show, not to mention appearing in 2 trilogies and multiple episodes of Clone Wars
  • Darth Malgus
  • "The Force" - a non-combatant 'character' who buffs Jedi and other force sensitive characters :)
  • Jabba
  • Durge, one of the most underrated Bounty Hunters, or Pong Krell.
  • Republic Hero Gina Carano
  • SithAmer
    227 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Jar Jar Binks with Rebel, Galactic Republic, Gungan and support/tank tags
  • NicWester wrote: »

But he is getting his own show, not to mention appearing in 2 trilogies and multiple episodes of Clone Wars

Cool. Make him an Anti-Hero's journey or something. But the only way in which Boba Fett is legendary is that most of his backstory is now considered Legends material.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    We could do with Darth Maul killing, pony tail wearing, Padawan Kenobi
    Post edited by Crayons on
  • I'd add Gina Carano.

Not Cara Dune.

Just Gina Carano.
  • I'll proudly state I think firing Gina Carano was wrong.

She wasn't even fired. We already have a thread on this if you'd care to look it up in Off Topic.

Actually, here: take this link.
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    The characters I want most, however?

1. Mara Jade
    2. Hondo Ohnaka
    3. Pong Krell
    4. Quarsh Panaka
    5. Gregor Typho

• I'll proudly state I think firing Gina Carano was wrong.

She wasn't even fired. We already have a thread on this if you'd care to look it up in Off Topic.

Actually, here: take this link.

Weird that coded links don't underline or otherwise hilight themselves as links... BBS used to do that.

Here's thr link Seedy provided, that BBCode tried to hide because BBCode is dumb:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/241348/cara-dune/p1
  • Quinlan Vos (with Mara Jade a very close second)
  • 1. Mara Jade
    (with Mara Jade a very close second)

I will add a +1 here, I am in the middle of reading the Timothy Zahn novels, excellent reads!
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • The characters I want most, however?

1. Mara Jade
    2. Hondo Ohnaka
    3. Pong Krell
    4. Quarsh Panaka
    5. Gregor Typho

So I’ve watched all the movies, and the Mandalorian. Never even heard of any of these. I watched the clone wars, but still don’t remember any of these.
  • So I’ve watched all the movies, and the Mandalorian. Never even heard of any of these.

Then you weren't paying attention to Episodes 1 & 2 where Panaka & Typho are the devoted companions to & bodyguards of Padmé Amidala.

I watched the clone wars, but still don’t remember any of these.

You've watched Clone Wars:The Animated Series & don't remember #2 & #3?

Hondo was featured in every single season, IIRC, and as the pirate king he was the only Pirate whose name is easy to remember. He captured Kenobi, Anakin & Dooku to hold them for ransom, leading to incredibly memorable scenes of the three of them chained together trying to escape without their lightsabers while engaging in insults & banter. Then Hondo was also in SW: Rebels as a would-be mentor to Ezra who frequently showed up to complicate a situation and provide comic relief. Hondo's ships are also memorable as the only "flying saucers" in the SW universe.

Pong Krell is, admittedly, only in 3-4 CW:TAS episodes, but he is the big villain in those episodes & is a four-armed light-saber wielder that gets a bunch of clones killed and one framed for treason. It was during the Pong Krell episodes that Fives stole the Umbaran Starfighter - and those were the only episodes in which the US appeared. If the US can appear in the game, then Pong Krell is far more worthy of inclusion.

I will admit that Mara Jade is (and should be) unfamiliar to anyone who only watches the shows & doesn't read the books or comics (I don't read the comics, but I have read a number of books). She is one of the most important characters in the same books that introduced Thrawn to the Star Wars universe, and has been a fan favorite ever since those books came out.

In fact, the only reason you haven't seen her, given her popularity among Star Wars fans is that Timothy Zahn's book contract included control over the character. He did not like the way women had been portrayed (and, more often, neglected) in the movies. He thought Jade was too important a character to be used as a throw-away love interest or something similar. He didn't want the character that he, himself, loved to be used for mere fan service. So he got something added to his contract to give him half-ownership of the character Mara Jade with LucasFilm. Now if he wants to use the character, he has to get permission from LucasFilm, and if LucasFilm wants to use the character, they have to get permission from Zahn.

Now, how does that relate to SWGOH? Well, it means that we probably won't see Jade here until she's made "new" again by inclusion in a SW series on Disney+ or a new movie. Why? Because you can't give her the characterization that Zahn demands in a game with no story like SWGOH.

So I know that Mara Jade isn't likely to appear unless and until she shows up in some SW series, but this isn't about which characters we think are most likely to show up. It's about what characters we want to show up. And I would love to see at least 2 versions of Mara Jade, maybe 3: The young Mara Jade as the Emperor's personal assassin, the adult Mara Jade after the Emperor's death with the scoundrel tag working with smugglers and seeking revenge on Luke Skywalker, and the Mature Mara Jade who gains a much deeper understanding of the Force, much stronger Force powers, and becomes Luke's companion, lover, and, finally, wife.

Her character arc - brainwashed while young by Palpatine, driven on a quest for revenge after the Empire's fall, and finding something she did not expect at the end of her quest - is like a combination of the best parts of Anakin's and Luke's separate character arcs written into a single lifetime.

I don't like everything about Zahn's books. I'm not a completely naive fangirl. But Jade and Thrawn are both excellent characters and you would have seen Jade on screen before now if they could have convinced Zahn they had the right story, because we know that they've tried talking to him about a screen role for Mara Jade.

What's interesting is that coming up in the Disney series are a Cassian series that takes place while Jade is still working as the Emperor's Hand, and a Rangers of the New Republic series - said to be focussed on women characters - that happens during or just after her smuggling years. The Book of Boba Fett also could feature a smuggler-Mara Jade. There is room in all of those for a good MJ that Zahn might approve.

So we don't have any reason to think she'll make the game in the next few months, but there's still hope that she'll make it in after appearing in one of those series.
  • I don't think we'll get Mara Jade because she's too difficult to port over the way they did with Thrawn. It's the Luke-ness of it all that complicates the modern continuity.

What I said back when Force Awakens came out and my friends were talking about Mara Jade was that they were more likely to create a whole new character named Jara Made that overlapped in the Venn diagram with Mara Jade, but was ultimately an entirely different character.

Disney went one better, though. Instead of making one very good The Girl character they created several fleshed-out roles for women and kept on making more and more and bringing them back (except for Rose, because of the Itsmewarios of the world) and doing more with them. The net result is that now you don't need a Mara Jade the way you did in the 90s. You have a dozen Jara Mades.
  • Darth Malgus, Starkiller, Tulak Hord. That's right I did three.
  • Ugh, there are too many characters I want to see in the game. If I have to choose just one then I guess Blizz from the old republic mmo because I think a Jawa Bounty Hunter would make for an interesting addition.
  • Darth Malgus, Starkiller, Tulak Hord. That's right I did three.

ux304ay0p9ad.jpeg
  • HKFactory wrote: »
    Ugh, there are too many characters I want to see in the game. If I have to choose just one then I guess Blizz from the old republic mmo because I think a Jawa Bounty Hunter would make for an interesting addition.

Hell yeah, dude, Jawa with a bazooka.
  • Galactic Legend Darth Revan holding two lightsabers, purple and red color.
  • How about enough with the characters and start doing stuff like
    - put BB8 in Poe's ship
    - give Luke an X-wing
    - put R2 in Luke's X-wing
    - AT LEAST make Galactic Legend Mace and have garbage Mace be a requirement. I swear I think a higher-up in Disney just really hates Samuel L Jackson.

He was a bad character in an atrocious trilogy. No need for a GL from the prequels.
    Same could be said for the sequels, but we got 4 GLs from that dumpster fire
  • I would really love a good Inquisitor. I was hoping for Second Sister but who knows if they'll ever add Fallen Order characters to this game. It just baffles me that we don't even have the Grand Inquisitor from Rebels.
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    Honestly, I do not think Mace Windu is worthy of a Galactic Legends status nor is Jabba the Hutt. Jabba is definitely deserving of a Legendary event and Mace needs a rework, but they do not scream Galactic Legends to me.

Honestly, outside of Master Kenobi most of the characters I care about are already in game. So for kicks and giggles...............Cal Kestis, Second Sister, and Merrin.

Ships:
    Piett's Executor, B-Wing, Tie Defender
  • MasterSeedy
    5035 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    If we're doing ships, the number one ship I want in the game is the Ginnivex FanBlade. Great character as the pilot (Ventress) and incredibly cool ship design:

425?cb=20201226175937

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/2/2e/Fanblade_fighter_TVE.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/425?cb=20201226175937

• GL - Lord Vader - Episode 3
    Rework - Windu
    Basic Char - Dash Rendar
    Ship - Outrider