Galactic Challenge feats 2/15 [MERGE]

Replies

• Mr_White wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Mr_White wrote: »
    I would have preferred Mando faction or BAM but not both. I'm fine with this monetization as long as Conquest doesn't follow the Scopely route and they add a battle pass.

It's not even monetization. Beskar has been out for 2 months.

We live in a capitalist society, this game is designed to make money. Trying to insinuate this isn't a monetary move is ridiculous on your part.

Of course the game is designed to make money. It wouldn't exist otherwise. But in the context of this game, Beskar is an F2P character that has been out for months. If you still don't have him, it's not a money issue.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    I would have preferred Mando faction or BAM but not both. I'm fine with this monetization as long as Conquest doesn't follow the Scopely route and they add a battle pass.

We live in a capitalist society, this game is designed to make money. Trying to insinuate this isn't a monetary move is ridiculous on your part.

Of course the game is designed to make money. It wouldn't exist otherwise. But in the context of this game, Beskar is an F2P character that has been out for months. If you still don't have him, it's not a money issue.

Beskar Mando has been out for "months", but only 2 months.

I can only think CG are making Mando a requirement for so many GCs is because they see some financial mileage in it. So I'm not sure what you are disagreeing about. You've both stated the game exists to make money. Which obviously it does.
  • Fieldgulls wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    IL168 wrote: »
    Using the full mando team is totally a joke right now. The feat is getting harder and harder. Even a full R7 team get smashed in less then 3-4 min. Most of my guild mate don’t even want to play it.

@IL168
    Ultra wrote: »
    trvbo3lffwze.png
    cwzu8nvisqa9.png

F2P friendly

Ha ha....7 million gp and no comment on how many attempts. Just because some of you like to complain shame doesn’t mean this isn’t ridiculous.

So, because it can't be done in a single attempt, that means the complaints are valid? That should have been listed as a criteria then.

Every week these complaints pop up, and every week those people forget that we still get more rewards from GC now than we did before they Mando specific feats were added. Even if every other you only get the 3rd box.

Normally when people complain they are frustrated because they care or have put some time/effort into an objective that may seem fruitless. Whether they’re right or wrong we get the same complain shamers in every thread. Who are they to judge what/where/when people can complain?

Because the constant complaints about stuff that isn't valid masks the complaints about stuff that is valid.

To you or to them?
    You can’t deny there are “complaints” all over these forums that are just down to misunderstandings on the player’s part.

“My Thrawn didn’t apply fractured” - he had CBM
    “I didn’t use any specials in the GC but didn’t get the feat” - you used GAS, who uses a special every turn
    “My FOO gave TM to SLKR but it didn’t work” - enemy had Hux, preventing TM gain.
    “I have done 10 sims a day for 14 days and not got a shard on Kuill” - no you haven’t.

These “complaints” are not valid. To anyone.

I've gone over a week without a Mon Mothma shard before so you asserting someone is lying about not getting shards is just ridiculous. Come on. RNG can and does totally allow for that to happen.
    A week of 5 attempts a day? Odds of that are 0.00008%

The person in question claimed 2 weeks of 10 attempts a day. Odds of that? 0.00000000000000000000000045%

Now, I’d be prepared to believe your claim. But believing the other claim is ridiculous.

• StarSon wrote: »

Cute story.

• Kyno wrote: »
    Straegen wrote: »
    The Mandalorian faction currently has near zero synergy and it turns the GCs from a fun challenge to an exercise in frustration vs perseverance. I completely understand wanting to use the shiny new toys in a GC to help with sales. However until the Mandalorian faction gains characters that work reasonably well together, please go back to requiring them but not making a feat out of using them as a team. Even changing it to "win with three Mandalorians" would be a big help.

@Straegen I dont think we can quite say they dont work reasonably well together, because they kind of do. Especially in the confines of the events, players have posted several relatively low gear teams that work with winning strategy, not entirely based only on RNG.

Show me 1 without beskar mando that does t7,i will wait.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Cute story.

Reality is often cute I guess.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Using the full mando team is totally a joke right now. The feat is getting harder and harder. Even a full R7 team get smashed in less then 3-4 min. Most of my guild mate don’t even want to play it.

@IL168
    trvbo3lffwze.png
    cwzu8nvisqa9.png

F2P friendly

Ha ha....7 million gp and no comment on how many attempts. Just because some of you like to complain shame doesn’t mean this isn’t ridiculous.

So, because it can't be done in a single attempt, that means the complaints are valid? That should have been listed as a criteria then.

Every week these complaints pop up, and every week those people forget that we still get more rewards from GC now than we did before they Mando specific feats were added. Even if every other you only get the 3rd box.

Normally when people complain they are frustrated because they care or have put some time/effort into an objective that may seem fruitless. Whether they’re right or wrong we get the same complain shamers in every thread. Who are they to judge what/where/when people can complain?

Because the constant complaints about stuff that isn't valid masks the complaints about stuff that is valid.

To you or to them?
    You can’t deny there are “complaints” all over these forums that are just down to misunderstandings on the player’s part.

“I didn’t use any specials in the GC but didn’t get the feat” - you used GAS, who uses a special every turn
    “My FOO gave TM to SLKR but it didn’t work” - enemy had Hux, preventing TM gain.
    “I have done 10 sims a day for 14 days and not got a shard on Kuill” - no you haven’t.

They aren't valid complaints, but they are often times useful posts, as they teach people about kits and how to play the game.

@IL168
    trvbo3lffwze.png
    cwzu8nvisqa9.png

F2P friendly

To you or to them?

They aren't valid complaints, but they are often times useful posts, as they teach people about kits and how to play the game.
    They teach some people.

We still get some of these threads cropping up every few weeks, like the GAC first round bye post, which is a shame.
  • TVF wrote: »

Cute story.

Reality is often cute I guess.

Only for you sunshine.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    AlexanderG wrote: »

I can only think CG are making Mando a requirement for so many GCs is because they see some financial mileage in it. So I'm not sure what you are disagreeing about. You've both stated the game exists to make money. Which obviously it does.

Things like this are geared to reward players who got them "early" and not necessarily about bringing in more, any more than "normal" else of course, because the game is designed to make money.
  • Feats in general suck, and makes these events not enjoyable. They often require re-modding to complete, which I’m sure is everyone’s favorite thing.

All in all we are two months into the year and CG has done nothing except repeat dumb events with rewards locked behind dumb feats. Give us something new, or you know a real sand box mode @CG_Doja_Fett
  • Kyno wrote: »

Things like this are geared to reward players who got them "early" and not necessarily about bringing in more, any more than "normal" else of course, because the game is designed to make money.

There are plenty of other ways to make money besides gating players from content. It’s one thing to play the event and can’t beat it cause your characters aren’t geared up enough. It’s another to gate players unless they have the newest character. Why not gate with old characters? Or each tier requires a harder character to get that’s already been in the game for a year rather than the last 2 months? Idk maybe those aren’t good ideas either but I think they are better than gating with the newest character that hardly anyone has. CG knows what we want and what we don’t want that is if they even read the forums. If they do they need to listen. There’s no point in bringing more communication if they are not going to listen.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    13jkelly wrote: »

There are plenty of other ways to make money besides gating players from content. It’s one thing to play the event and can’t beat it cause your characters aren’t geared up enough. It’s another to gate players unless they have the newest character. Why not gate with old characters? Or each tier requires a harder character to get that’s already been in the game for a year rather than the last 2 months? Idk maybe those aren’t good ideas either but I think they are better than gating with the newest character that hardly anyone has. CG knows what we want and what we don’t want that is if they even read the forums. If they do they need to listen. There’s no point in bringing more communication if they are not going to listen.

I 100% agree there are other ways to make money, but again, this isnt really the part of the process that is "making money" but more showing value to the investment some made. (Which was not only $$) Some players invested time and resources they had planned for other locations to get him, and they are being rewarded also.

They do listen, and there is a point to them out putting more communication, even if we dont "believe " they are listening. There is far more they could say about many things going on, that have nothing to do with them making changes to things that players dont like.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Lrrr wrote: »
    Feats in general suck, and makes these events not enjoyable. They often require re-modding to complete, which I’m sure is everyone’s favorite thing.

All in all we are two months into the year and CG has done nothing except repeat dumb events with rewards locked behind dumb feats. Give us something new, or you know a real sand box mode CG_Doja_Fett

@Lrrr it's hard to know, as I am not going to look at your roster, but very few of the strategies posted about how to beat almost all of the feats dont necessarily need mods to be moved. You may be trying to make something work with very low gear or are not paying 100% attention to the ideas in the strategy.

This isnt meant to be or said to be a psuedo sandbox, so no need to call for a "real one" like we were promised something they didnt deliver on. If you are having issues with feats you may want to look for some advice or look at the patterns, because it is very likely much of what we see is going to extend into Conquest in some way or another.
  • 4 hours to get the full Mando team feat done with relic levels ranging from 3 to 7. Several guildies reporting very rng based results as well. Great content...
  • Calagon wrote: »
    I mean, the challenges at this point are about figuring out what tickets you can get where with which teams, not getting the same tickets for every feat in each tier.

I figure most active players would at least have Jango, Canderous and Sabine at 7* and 85, and maybe Gar and ISC as well. We all got Mando and Armorer at 3*, and they're both good enough to get a few tickets if you can get them geared high enough. I had the fortune of having enough gear saved up to be able to gear Armorer to X and Mando to XI last time this feat was available. They're both at 3* and 5* respectively, and with good mods are good enough to do decent damage below tier 5.

As frustrating as it is to not completely finish every tier's feats, you can still upgrade your rewards chest once or twice with feats that are not faction-related.

Okay, so having had the chance to play THIS particular Galactic Challenge... Yeah, this is some ****. Even with my SE team, Revan R7, Malak R5, Bastilla R5, HK R4 and SM R4, I can't even come CLOSE to beating the challenge on tier V, let alone VI or VII. I went from one-shotting each enemy on tier IV to every single one of my hits doing 3/4 protection at most and healed through immediately on tier V. CG either did not do any testing or do not care if no one can beat the challenges with some of the best teams available at the end of the game.
  • I'm curious if the account that a CG employee uses to "test" this is at the 15 million GP range, or 20?

The only QA you seem to do is "how did they beat it last time? Oh they used those characters? Cool, make sure those characters are totally useless this time!"

Yes, this is the pinnacle of "frustration purchasing". No surprise mechanics in this event? Not a problem, double up on the frustration purchasing...LOL!

The only positive is that Skelturix puts out videos to show what works to complete the feats, "if" you have the characters built to do it and/or the time to fight your way through RNG to complete what you can.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    The only positive is that Skelturix puts out videos to show what works to complete the feats, "if" you have the characters built to do it and/or the time to fight your way through RNG to complete what you can.

This. These events are supposed to "test your roster" and other fanfare like that, but in truth, aside from the blatant character gates (see Beskar Mando), they require a very specific pool of ~10-15 characters for the rest of the feats. GLs, Wat, DR w/ Malak and Rebels (w/ C3P0, Chewpio), pretty much.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule (like the previous GC). However, marketing something as "rewarding expanded rosters" when that's clearly not the case is misleading.

• Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »
    Yeah, F2P players could get Beskar Mando, but investing in him over useful characters does not make sense from a F2P perspective. -> Beskar Mando is P2P
    That's a bold conclusion. If it's F2P accessible, it is F2P. It's up to you to choose how you allocate your resources, but it does not make him P2P.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    T7 cleared with SLKR squad sub Beskar Mando in for FOO.

T4 3-ability feat cleared with SLKR squad.

T3 all feats cleared with garbage mandalorian toons.

That’ll give you the 2nd best box.

That worked great. 25 mins and have the maxed crate and a few attempts at T7 mando feat.

Will have some time later to try more and maybe upgrade my BAM.
    nwhib53r6yhe.jpg
  • Calagon wrote: »
    Calagon wrote: »
    I mean, the challenges at this point are about figuring out what tickets you can get where with which teams, not getting the same tickets for every feat in each tier.

I figure most active players would at least have Jango, Canderous and Sabine at 7* and 85, and maybe Gar and ISC as well. We all got Mando and Armorer at 3*, and they're both good enough to get a few tickets if you can get them geared high enough. I had the fortune of having enough gear saved up to be able to gear Armorer to X and Mando to XI last time this feat was available. They're both at 3* and 5* respectively, and with good mods are good enough to do decent damage below tier 5.

As frustrating as it is to not completely finish every tier's feats, you can still upgrade your rewards chest once or twice with feats that are not faction-related.

Okay, so having had the chance to play THIS particular Galactic Challenge... Yeah, this is some ****. Even with my SE team, Revan R7, Malak R5, Bastilla R5, HK R4 and SM R4, I can't even come CLOSE to beating the challenge on tier V, let alone VI or VII. I went from one-shotting each enemy on tier IV to every single one of my hits doing 3/4 protection at most and healed through immediately on tier V. CG either did not do any testing or do not care if no one can beat the challenges with some of the best teams available at the end of the game.

Well, SE against this team is a terrible idea. They constantly apply debuffs to themselves, which just causes the entire enemy team to heal itself.
    Which F2P player would spend their hard earned crystals on one of the worst / the worst legendaries ever?
    Yeah, F2P players could get Beskar Mando, but investing in him over useful characters does not make sense from a F2P perspective. -> Beskar Mando is P2P

If he is the worst character, if his entire factions sucks, I'm still gonna farm him, it's mandalorian and baby yoda after all (no I won't call him grogu)
    Which F2P player would spend their hard earned crystals on one of the worst / the worst legendaries ever?

While I obviously disagree that BAM is P2P (he is f2p accessible after all), I do agree with your sentiment. For most f2p players - who are caught between pursuing GLs, helping their guild in TBs (which requires GLs - but sometimes different ones, if, say your talking about LSTB and helping in raids, for which SLKR is best) and competing in squad arena and GAC - choosing to spend resources to obtain BAM is, for a majority of them, is not a wise decision.

That said, I realize that CG's goal is for f2p players to become p2p. But I think people acting like f2p players should have everything available in the game, simply because it's f2p accessible, is a bit disingenuous. F2P players have to make choices - and BAM is pretty far down the list of most f2p priorities.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »

While I obviously disagree that BAM is P2P (he is f2p accessible after all), I do agree with your sentiment. For most f2p players - who are caught between pursuing GLs, helping their guild in TBs (which requires GLs - but sometimes different ones, if, say your talking about LSTB and helping in raids, for which SLKR is best) and competing in squad arena and GAC - choosing to spend resources to obtain BAM is, for a majority of them, is not a wise decision.

That said, I realize that CG's goal is for f2p players to become p2p. But I think people acting like f2p players should have everything available in the game, simply because it's f2p accessible, is a bit disingenuous. F2P players have to make choices - and BAM is pretty far down the list of most f2p priorities.

Terrific assessment.
  • This galactic challenge and its feats, don't seem so unreasonable to me. Can't always be able to complete everything, and we get rewards according to our collection etc. Some weeks are going to be harder than others, and I guess that's for everyone lol
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Bl4ckDe4th wrote: »

I personally just want BMando to not be as terrible as he is honestly. He’s really bad for a legendary. He’s either missing another character or he needs to be buffed. He’s bringing back bad memories of OGHan and GG pre reworks. Well second rework for GG
  • Something is wrong here. I shock them, I fracture them, I isolate them... but despite all attempts, their protection is constantly recharged. Is this WAI? Based on Bossk's leader ability the protection recovery is working when an enemy debuffed, this is ok so far (because of the DOT event special), but a shock or a fracture should prevent it, right?