Newish Player (Level 68) needs some sort of guidance

Replies

• Now Guild Store:
    1. Sun Fac 7*
    2. Logray 7*
    3. Dengar 7*
    4. Colonel Starck 7* (move this above Dengar if your guild is in need of IPD shards)
    5. If you are going for GAS: Echo 7*, Rex 7*
    6. DR --> Malak no one needed
    7. CLS --> other ewoks
    8. All exclusive characters
    9. Gear
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Squad Arena Store:
    1. Ventress 7*
    2. CLS -- Kanan 7*, STHan 7*, PLeia 7*
    3. DR -- HK-47 7*
    4. GAS -- Ventress done
    5. Ackbar 7*
    6. Nebit 7*
    7. Cassian 7*
    8. IG-88 7*
    9. Greedo 7*
    10. Prestige
  • GW Store (if over 2k, can go to the next step):
    1. Geonosian Ship 7*
    2. Clone Sergeant's ARC-170 7*, TIE Fighter 7*, Resistance X-wing, Umbaran Starfighter 7*, Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter 7*
    3. If CLS -- Zeb 7*, Cad Bane 7*
    4. DR -- No one
    5. GAS -- No one
    6. Datcha 7*
    7. NS Initiate 7*
    8. SSC from ships
  • @MasterSeedy may correct me on this.

GET I store:

Hoda 7*
    If going for Malak, hoard for Darth Malak (after unlock spend)
    If going for GAS, hoard for GAS
    Else, Wampa 7*
  • Great advice and a lot to do now - thanks

So for GW I should build more teams? I didn't get the point in putting different teams in stage #1 to 5 - how many?

I will definitely put some effort into Boba, while also getting my Jedi up. But i think Vader can be put aside a little bit, until I have the shards to 7* him.

The store guide is great again - just need to decide. I believe between CLS and GAS. Are there other things I should take into account when deciding between them?

And for the guild. Would be nice if some guild would be happy with a level 70 beginner 😊
    Is there any cooldown when switching? Any recommendations that may be in my european timezone too. Doesn't matter though if german or englisch.
  • Nec_Azares wrote: »
    Great advice and a lot to do now - thanks

So for GW I should build more teams? I didn't get the point in putting different teams in stage #1 to 5 - how many?

I will definitely put some effort into Boba, while also getting my Jedi up. But i think Vader can be put aside a little bit, until I have the shards to 7* him.

The store guide is great again - just need to decide. I believe between CLS and GAS. Are there other things I should take into account when deciding between them?

And for the guild. Would be nice if some guild would be happy with a level 70 beginner 😊
    Is there any cooldown when switching? Any recommendations that may be in my european timezone too. Doesn't matter though if german or englisch.

Ships are important, and I focused on the important ships (geos) and rarer ships. 3,4,5 are optional routes, like on the other guides.

Guildwise, the only cooldown is 24hr on guild exchange. You could write up an advert in guild recruitment section of the forums.
  • Yeah, pretty sure you can leave twice and join once in any given day. (So you can leave your current guild, join another, decide you don't like it, and leave again... but then you'll have to wait a few hours before you can pick a new guild to join.) But I think it's a "day" limit, not a 24-hour one, because when I went to help another guild complete a raid, I left in the afternoon, joined the guild I was helping, then the next morning quit that guild, and rejoined the old guild all in about 18 hours...but in between I had passed midnight. So it's fairly flexible, but not infinitely flexible.

Here's a link for players looking for guilds.

You can also look through this link for guilds looking for players.

Here's one guild that might work since they are looking for "up & coming" players. You should be upfront about your GP level, tell them exactly how active you are, & tell them you're actively using the forum to get better at developing your roster. That will speak well of you. They may not take you, but they have no hard minimum, so it's worth a shot.

But really, the best thing to do is create your own ad, tell people where in the world you are, what languages you speak, how active you are, what your level & GP are, mention that you're looking for a guild that completes the Heroic version of the Sith Raid, and then just a couple short things about yourself - try to focus on what things about the game you find the most fun. Make sure this really is short, though. Too long is going to be a problem, but if you say nothing about yourself you won't really attract the eye of anyone.

One last thing is that I always recommend asking a question - it almost doesn't matter what the question is, but I think it should be something like, "I've been using mentors on the Forums to try to improve, but it would be nice to have mentors in my new guild. How good is your guild at providing mentorship to newer players?"

Why do you ask a question? It's because you're going to get flooded with replies in your direct messages and many of the people replying just want anyone in their guild. You can detect these people by noticing that they don't even bother trying to answer your question. If they're not reading your ad and responding to your questions now, on the forums, when they need recruits, they definitely aren't going to listen when you have questions later when you're already part of the guild. Make your decision from among those who at least try to answer the question, but sometimes what's most important isn't the exact answer, but how they answer it. If they're giving serious thought to your question, or if they make you laugh with their answer, that's a better guild to join than one that gives the "right" answer but doesn't seem like they are thoughtful or fun. The game is about fun after all.

Okay, that's all I've got on finding a guild. Good luck!

• Quick update and question

Sun Fac and Soldier are now 7*
    I am working on the gear progress MasterSeedy proposed with getting Ahsoka g8 and keeping up Spy, Sun Fac etc.

Now what toons should I level (minding my credit struggle)
    Should i build up my Jedi in Level, or keeping Vader, Tarkin, Boba on par with my Player level?
    Jedi would be 4*Anakin, close to 5*Bastila, 4*Ezra, 3*Jolee

I could 7* Boba and Tarkin right now - which one would be more important?

Guildwise I am looking, but on weekends i rarely spend time on my Computer- and posting on my phone is hard, because it always wants to change english words into german ones 😂
  • @Nec:

Get all your Jedi to level 55, 60 if you can manage it. The one Jedi you need at max level is Bastila - keep her maxed out and get her leadership to Level 7 as soon as you can. The level 8 (requires a zeta) is not as important. It makes a difference, but it won't make a large difference in Galactic War, which is the purpose of getting your Jedi in shape, so you won't do the Bastila zeta right away. Once they're up that far, you want to keep bringing them along, but not so fast that you're compromising the advancement of your most important toons (Arena squad and Fleet Arena pilots).

If you want to eventually reliably complete GW (like I know you do), you'll want that Jedi squad to eventually be 5 levels below your player level, and generally keep up with that as your player level increases. Except Bastila. Bastila needs level 64 right now, and level 74 as soon as you can get it, even if that means maxing out her character level while or or two of your Squad Arena team members are still level a couple levels below your player level.

In fact, don't bother keeping any toons at max level EXCEPT your Arena squad, Bastila, and your Fleet Commander for your Fleet Arena team until you hit levels 78, 80, and 82. (And even those toons I generally let fall behind 1 level or sometimes even 2 levels unless I'm on a player level that allows them an important ability upgrade.)

Remember that even 3 or 4 levels makes only a tiny difference in character power. You don't want to spend on the character levels just to get character levels. You want to spend on character levels because the best gear requires a minimum character level to equip, and because character abilities each have a minimum character level for the next ability increase. Make sure you keep up the levels enough to equip the gear and ability increases your most important characters require, but if you're level 77, since ability levels only gain new maximums on even levels, then you probably want to use credits to bring up someone other than your arena team (leave them at 76) ... unless one of your arena team members has a piece of gear they need that they've been waiting until level 77 for the ability to equip.

The reason for calling out levels 78, 80 & 82 are because these are the levels when important Omega abilities and Zeta abilities come into play. If you need a specific Omega or Zeta, then you need to bring that character up to the minimum level for it.

As a general rule, keeping a toon about 3 levels below your player level is good for your high priority (but not max priority) toons. Keeping a toon about 5-8 levels below your player level is the target level for squads you're using in at least one game mode (like Jedi for GW) but that you are putting a high priority on. Remember, most often this is a squad-by-squad rating of importance here. Even if you don't like Poggle, if you're running Geos in Arena,

IMPORTANT TIP: DO NOT OMEGA EVERY BASIC ABILITY ONCE YOU HIT LEVEL 76!

In fact, only a select few omegas on basic attacks are as worthy as the omegas on special and unique abilities. I would be very, very reluctant to omega basic attacks when you first turn level 76. There will be a few, sure, but try to be patient for level 78 to be able to Omega a whole bunch of more important abilities right away.

Omegas will eventually come in faster than you can use them, but right now they won't. Choose carefully, even on your arena team, which Omegas you want first. For the first few months, you should treat them as carefully as you will treat Zetas later.

Both are fairly important, but Tarkin helps you more in the short run, so Tarkin first.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Nec_Azares wrote: »
    [...]
    Should i build up my Jedi in Level, or keeping Vader, Tarkin, Boba on par with my Player level?

I would recommend taking Tarkin to 7* first. It will increase the power of your Executrix and probably also make it faster. You want your Executrix to be fast to move early and to reach its ultimate faster. Staying inside top-50 in fleet arena is important to win those crystals. For the same reason you should keep your Tarkin and Geonosian pilots at max level.

Regarding level of your GW team (or other secondary teams):
    If your secondary characters (characters not used in arenas) fall behind on level their debuffs will be resisted more frequently. Level difference is part of the potency/tenacity check. If you need to choose which ones to level up you should prioritize those that rely on debuffing the enemy and those you want to use in the near future.

But yes, as MasterSeedy also mentioned you should manage your resources. If there's a limited supply make sure to use the resources where they help you most.

• @Nec:

Get all your Jedi to level 55, 60 if you can manage it. The one Jedi you need at max level is Bastila - keep her maxed out and get her leadership to Level 7 as soon as you can. The level 8 (requires a zeta) is not as important. It makes a difference, but it won't make a large difference in Galactic War, which is the purpose of getting your Jedi in shape, so you won't do the Bastila zeta right away. Once they're up that far, you want to keep bringing them along, but not so fast that you're compromising the advancement of your most important toons (Arena squad and Fleet Arena pilots).

If you want to eventually reliably complete GW (like I know you do), you'll want that Jedi squad to eventually be 5 levels below your player level, and generally keep up with that as your player level increases. Except Bastila. Bastila needs level 64 right now, and level 74 as soon as you can get it, even if that means maxing out her character level while or or two of your Squad Arena team members are still level a couple levels below your player level.

In fact, don't bother keeping any toons at max level EXCEPT your Arena squad, Bastila, and your Fleet Commander for your Fleet Arena team until you hit levels 78, 80, and 82. (And even those toons I generally let fall behind 1 level or sometimes even 2 levels unless I'm on a player level that allows them an important ability upgrade.)

Remember that even 3 or 4 levels makes only a tiny difference in character power. You don't want to spend on the character levels just to get character levels. You want to spend on character levels because the best gear requires a minimum character level to equip, and because character abilities each have a minimum character level for the next ability increase. Make sure you keep up the levels enough to equip the gear and ability increases your most important characters require, but if you're level 77, since ability levels only gain new maximums on even levels, then you probably want to use credits to bring up someone other than your arena team (leave them at 76) ... unless one of your arena team members has a piece of gear they need that they've been waiting until level 77 for the ability to equip.

The reason for calling out levels 78, 80 & 82 are because these are the levels when important Omega abilities and Zeta abilities come into play. If you need a specific Omega or Zeta, then you need to bring that character up to the minimum level for it.

As a general rule, keeping a toon about 3 levels below your player level is good for your high priority (but not max priority) toons. Keeping a toon about 5-8 levels below your player level is the target level for squads you're using in at least one game mode (like Jedi for GW) but that you are putting a high priority on. Remember, most often this is a squad-by-squad rating of importance here. Even if you don't like Poggle, if you're running Geos in Arena,

IMPORTANT TIP: DO NOT OMEGA EVERY BASIC ABILITY ONCE YOU HIT LEVEL 76!

In fact, only a select few omegas on basic attacks are as worthy as the omegas on special and unique abilities. I would be very, very reluctant to omega basic attacks when you first turn level 76. There will be a few, sure, but try to be patient for level 78 to be able to Omega a whole bunch of more important abilities right away.

Omegas will eventually come in faster than you can use them, but right now they won't. Choose carefully, even on your arena team, which Omegas you want first. For the first few months, you should treat them as carefully as you will treat Zetas later.

Both are fairly important, but Tarkin helps you more in the short run, so Tarkin first.

@MasterSeedy you accidentally tagged some random dude who hasn't made any discussions. btw @Nec_Azares this was for you
  • Waqui wrote: »
    [...]

I would recommend taking Tarkin to 7* first. It will increase the power of your Executrix and probably also make it faster. You want your Executrix to be fast to move early and to reach its ultimate faster. Staying inside top-50 in fleet arena is important to win those crystals. For the same reason you should keep your Tarkin and Geonosian pilots at max level.

Regarding level of your GW team (or other secondary teams):
    If your secondary characters (characters not used in arenas) fall behind on level their debuffs will be resisted more frequently. Level difference is part of the potency/tenacity check. If you need to choose which ones to level up you should prioritize those that rely on debuffing the enemy and those you want to use in the near future.

But yes, as MasterSeedy also mentioned you should manage your resources. If there's a limited supply make sure to use the resources where they help you most.

1) This

2) This too. There's not much that I need to say, as Waqui and MasterSeedy explained it rlly well.
  • Whoops!

Thanks, Grogu!
  • So far quick update

https://swgoh.gg/p/655538926/

maybe there are some details in improvement?
    I'm looking for a better guild now

The one thing that bothers me though is my fleet - Geo Ships and Ahsoka are pretty constant in getting shards,
    but neither Sun Fac nor Vulture are close to get to 5* before Zeta-Challenges, but maybe that's only personal view. It would help to get either ETA2, Vulture or Sun Fac to 3* to step up with my Executrix...

GW is getting better, with having a solid base team in Nute + Geos and a switch in/weakener Team with Bastila/Ahsoka/Anakin/Ezra + Dooku/Vader

All your help did get me so far the last days - maybe I just lost focus, but getting the thoughts behind each focus was just too precious!
    So far quick update

https://swgoh.gg/p/655538926/

maybe there are some details in improvement?
    I'm looking for a better guild now

The one thing that bothers me though is my fleet - Geo Ships and Ahsoka are pretty constant in getting shards,
    but neither Sun Fac nor Vulture are close to get to 5* before Zeta-Challenges, but maybe that's only personal view. It would help to get either ETA2, Vulture or Sun Fac to 3* to step up with my Executrix...

GW is getting better, with having a solid base team in Nute + Geos and a switch in/weakener Team with Bastila/Ahsoka/Anakin/Ezra + Dooku/Vader

All your help did get me so far the last days - maybe I just lost focus, but getting the thoughts behind each focus was just too precious!

Sun Fac has a lower appearance-rate, so check EVERY refresh in both GW and Fleet stores.

For your Executrix, 4* and higher requires DS ships so Eta-2 won't help.

Good luck then with GW
  • Another question that just came up my mind

In your farmguides there is a decision between different routes.
    First Impression I got, was that i tend to go towards GAS and DR/Malak.
    But my question now is, maybe CLS is a better way, because it's a relatively easy and quick way compared to the others, I think and even though I heard CLS is not that great, it would net me with a bunch of extra teams for events and so

Empire
    Phoenix
    Rebels

GAS could then be the next route, I think because it's longer?
    Another question that just came up my mind

In your farmguides there is a decision between different routes.
    First Impression I got, was that i tend to go towards GAS and DR/Malak.
    But my question now is, maybe CLS is a better way, because it's a relatively easy and quick way compared to the others, I think and even though I heard CLS is not that great, it would net me with a bunch of extra teams for events and so

Empire
    Phoenix
    Rebels

GAS could then be the next route, I think because it's longer?

I think DR Malak follows JKR. Then CLS and GAS can follow
  • Quick question:

I am Level 74 now, so I can unlock the Hounds Tooth/Jango node - should I switch Zaalbar for that node or just add it to my farm as 6th hard node

Getting Sun Fac to gear IX is a real grind right now and Spy and Ahsoka I didn't even start grinding up actively
    Quick question:

I am Level 74 now, so I can unlock the Hounds Tooth/Jango node - should I switch Zaalbar for that node or just add it to my farm as 6th hard node

Getting Sun Fac to gear IX is a real grind right now and Spy and Ahsoka I didn't even start grinding up actively

Remind me your current nodes
  • DK_Raiders
    9 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Quick question:

I would definitely recommend to farm HT. You're hovering just outside top-50 in fleet arena. HT might help you reach top-50 for those extra crystals.

You are still far away from unlocking JKR and it looks like you're aiming at unlocking Padmé and building a GR team first. Zaalbar can wait.
  • DK_Raiders wrote: »
    Quick question:

I would definitely recommend to farm HT. You're hovering just outside top-50 in fleet arena. HT might help you reach top-50 for those extra crystals.

You are still far away from unlocking JKR and it looks like you're aiming at unlocking Padmé and building a GR team first. Zaalbar can wait.

His aim is Padmé followed by JKR
  • I think adding it as a 6th can work until u finish one. Or stop dooku
  • I think adding it as a 6th can work until u finish one. Or stop dooku

If ur still doing him
  • Actually just reread the thread, ur not dookuing. So remove Bastila for now and just use her fleet node
  • Makes sense
    Bastila is slightly ahead of all Jedi atm
    So I should keep Zaalbar to finish him around lvl85

Current farms are:

Cantina:
    T3

Cantina Store:
    Daka

Hard Nodes:
    Bastila
    Anakin
    Jolee
    Zaalbar
    Vulture

GW Store:
    Geo Ships

Fleet Battles:
    Bastila
    Sun Fac Ship
    ETA2

Fleet Store:
    Geo Ships
    Ahsoka Ship
    Vader + Ship
    Grievious
    (Keeping 2000 tokens all the time, works great)

Squad Arena Store:
    Ventress

I see the importance of the Jango/HT node and know, the earlier the better.

A small problem I see, is that I don't know, how to finish the ships for Zeta Mat farm. Geo ships may work, but I'd still need 2 or 3 more? Vulture Droids Droprate is just crappy for being a hard node.

At least my Bastila has her leader + Meditation at lvl7 now
    Makes sense
    Bastila is slightly ahead of all Jedi atm
    So I should keep Zaalbar to finish him around lvl85

Current farms are:

Cantina:
    T3

Cantina Store:
    Daka

Hard Nodes:
    Bastila
    Anakin
    Jolee
    Zaalbar
    Vulture

GW Store:
    Geo Ships

Fleet Battles:
    Bastila
    Sun Fac Ship
    ETA2

Fleet Store:
    Geo Ships
    Ahsoka Ship
    Vader + Ship
    Grievious
    (Keeping 2000 tokens all the time, works great)

Squad Arena Store:
    Ventress

I see the importance of the Jango/HT node and know, the earlier the better.

A small problem I see, is that I don't know, how to finish the ships for Zeta Mat farm. Geo ships may work, but I'd still need 2 or 3 more? Vulture Droids Droprate is just crappy for being a hard node.

At least my Bastila has her leader + Meditation at lvl7 now

How’s Vader’s ship going. Maybe try Slave I from fleet store - it’s a quick farm.
  • Only got Vader's ship twice or 3 times so far
    Was thinking KRU + ship, but then T3 would be delayed, which could lead to a problem
    Is Slave I used anywhere else?

And any tips for credit heist Tier 3 - could really use the money ;)
    Only got Vader's ship twice or 3 times so far
    Was thinking KRU + ship, but then T3 would be delayed, which could lead to a problem
    Is Slave I used anywhere else?

And any tips for credit heist Tier 3 - could really use the money ;)

Used for Han’s Falcon. Gear boba for creds, and try to at least finish if not 3*. BH together to get his contract. Jango will help too
  • Also?

You should NOT farm Geo ships in Fleet Store. They go very quickly in the Galactic War Store, which uses a much less valuable currency.

I understand you've had bad luck on Sun Fac's ship, but tough it out - If you're under 5* then just build up a bank of 2k-3k GW tokens and never dip below that level unless it's for Sun Fac's ship. What's probably happening is that you're just spending all your GW Tokens right away as soon as you get them instead of waiting for your highest priority ships to show up.

Lay off Ahsoka for right now, especially if she's already 5*. You have a couple levels left before the challenge. This really won't be a problem if you're making sure you always have currency available for SF's ship.
  • Alright - didn't think about it that way

You're right, i always spend the GW tokens, when I get them.
    Ahsokas Ship is 4* right now (has the shards to get 4* but all Ship credits go towards Geo ships now)

So besides keeping 2k Fleet tokens and buying Vader/Tie X1/Grievious, what should my targets be then in Fleet store?

At least I did the T3 credit heist. Not 3* but 7*/lvl55 Boba G7 did it with Nute. The gearing really didn't set me back and I got a little bit of profit although I 7* Boba