Can we get a lvl increase?

Prev1
Itsa_me_Malario
1308 posts Member
edited February 2021
I mean even my R7 toons are dying like flies when in the light side geo tb, and I doubt the R8 is the answer to light side geo TB a solid 5 to 15 lol increase would fix the problem though
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• No
  • Kemosabe73 wrote: »
    No

Why? You don't have 500mil credit sitting around?
  • No.
  • I mean even my R7 toons are dying like flies when in the light side geo tb, and I doubt the R8 is the answer to light side geo TB a solid 5 to 15 lol increase would fix the problem though

I only have 4 R7 light side toons and I do just fine. It’s the one challenging game mode I actually enjoy.

So as has been stated already, No.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Lvl increase alone wouldn't really help without additional progression and it doesn't seem like new relic levels will need higher character level. What we need (in terms of LS Geo TB) is more accessible r8 and something beyond that.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I mean even my R7 toons are dying like flies when in the light side geo tb, and I doubt the R8 is the answer to light side geo TB a solid 5 to 15 lol increase would fix the problem though
    No, because the answer is mods and gameplay. Getting 65 waves is fairly easy now and 70 is definitely possible.

(Mods that you would otherwise have if you weren't sitting on 500m credits for no reason)
  • monoton
    5 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    g2vdmlt05ff0.gif
    Nooooo
  • Quickly, a mod delete this thread before a dev sees this and they get any ideas!!
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    No. Because i really dont think a lvl increase would mean this huge difference.
    And you can be pretty sure, there will be new training droids introduced u have to farm or earn from an event - like GC or this new Conquest mode.

so, no. no more needless farming for this small change.
  • No thanks
  • No?...
  • Level are for abilities. Unless they give characters new abilities there’s no need for higher levels. Also it would probably take months to get to the new level considering getting from 80-85 takes a looooong time.
  • Level 100 and R8 characters will still get slaughtered if you play it wrong and dont have your best mods. Every battle you should be putting the absolute best mods you have onto the team. Does it suck doing it? Yes! Does it take a while to sort out once TB is over? Hell yes! But if you put in the effort then as someone else posted earlier, 60-70 waves is well within your grasp.
    Also once you have mastered your rosta to the needs of this game mode it will quickly become your favourite week of the month
  • - Op doesn't know how the game works, levels makes marginal difference on stats and rather bottlenecks upgrades before maxed.
    - Noone -needs- to get max stars in tbs. It's an imaginary need.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    - Op doesn't know how the game works.

That's been pretty clear by their recent number of posts/threads ;)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    - Op doesn't know how the game works, levels makes marginal difference on stats and rather bottlenecks upgrades before maxed.

That's not exactly true, and if anything the changes that would need to happen to accommodate this is why it wont happen.

Any game mode where we face a character lower level than us is effected by calculations that have a delta level element, and having that be negative can really make things way too easy.

I have heard the character level is hard coded in many events, including raids and what not, but that is from other players and not the dev team.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    - Op doesn't know how the game works, levels makes marginal difference on stats and rather bottlenecks upgrades before maxed.

That's not exactly true, and if anything the changes that would need to happen to accommodate this is why it wont happen.

Any game mode where we face a character lower level than us is effected by calculations that have a delta level element, and having that be negative can really make things way too easy.

I have heard the character level is hard coded in many events, including raids and what not, but that is from other players and not the dev team.

What's not true? Those are pve characters where we don't have access to stats of, they can code anything into them. What's obvious is 15 new levels won't change much unless they are the gate for new something in characters. And while previous level bumps gated gears and abilities way back in the game, going from there, they kept pushing new gear levels+relics without any effect on levels.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

What's not true? Those are pve characters where we don't have access to stats of, they can code anything into them. What's obvious is 15 new levels won't change much unless they are the gate for new something in characters. And while previous level bumps gated gears and abilities way back in the game, going from there, they kept pushing new gear levels+relics without any effect on levels.

Level making a marginal difference.

Players hit level cap fairly early in the lifecycle and even 5 levels makes a big difference in the equation vs PvE content

I dont expect them to make a level increase, but not because it would make little difference, but because it would make too much, if my understanding is correct. That delta is in every equation.

They will push things with gear and now relics which is more "controlled" and easier to update.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Players hit level cap fairly early in the lifecycle and even 5 levels makes a big difference in the equation vs PvE content

I dont expect them to make a level increase, but not because it would make little difference, but because it would make too much, if my understanding is correct. That delta is in every equation.

They will push things with gear and now relics which is more "controlled" and easier to update.

How much does lvl 80 vs. 85 make in terms of stats? Dunno what you mean by delta, like we get negative multipliers against pve enemies that are higher level (in addition to their slightly higher stats)?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

How much does lvl 80 vs. 85 make in terms of stats? Dunno what you mean by delta, like we get negative multipliers against pve enemies that are higher level (in addition to their slightly higher stats)?

Many equations like crit chance and crit damage have a delta level as an element, so yes they would get a negative delta, and with a level increase we would get that boost and they would get the drop due to us being a higher level. That along with the boost we already have due to gear and things that have been released since other content would make things "too easy".
  • crzydroid
    7233 posts Moderator
    Kyno is the only one who has it right. I'm surprised so many people wouldn't want a level increase. It would be a much easier stat boost than grinding out all the new gear for g13 and relics. But the level delta is the main thing. All the enemies in geo TB are level 90-95. People complain about the high tenacity, but it wouldn't be as much of a problem if it wasn't being inflated by the level delta.

Increasing level cap would be much more player friendly than adding new relic levels, but it's not likely to happen.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member

Post your gg and we can help you do better in LSTB. You don't even need maxed toons.

If you don't want help though, and just want to complain, sure.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Wow you guys are super smart, exactly I have no idea what I'm talking about, so next time you jump into tb and all you see is this agitgtdgfew0.jpg ask yourself why that level 94 trooper resisted every single debuf, but what do I know
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Kyno is the only one who has it right. I'm surprised so many people wouldn't want a level increase. It would be a much easier stat boost than grinding out all the new gear for g13 and relics. But the level delta is the main thing. All the enemies in geo TB are level 90-95. People complain about the high tenacity, but it wouldn't be as much of a problem if it wasn't being inflated by the level delta.

Increasing level cap would be much more player friendly than adding new relic levels, but it's not likely to happen.

Have we ever been shared official information even about the existence of a level delta? Maybe that's why.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Wow you guys are super smart, exactly I have no idea what I'm talking about, so next time you jump into tb and all you see is this agitgtdgfew0.jpg ask yourself why that level 94 trooper resisted every single debuf, but what do I know

1) Not LSTB
    2) Tenacity down
    3) "Debuff" has two f's.
    4) Still don't want help? Ok.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Wow you guys are super smart, exactly I have no idea what I'm talking about, so next time you jump into tb and all you see is this agitgtdgfew0.jpg ask yourself why that level 94 trooper resisted every single debuf, but what do I know

1) Not LSTB
    2) Tenacity down
    3) "Debuff" has two f's.
    4) Still don't want help? Ok.

1) it doesn't matter,
    2) obviously since their tenacity is throw the roof.
    3) if you are over 100 potency and still can't land debuff.
    4) never asked for help, never in a million years would ask anything from you TVF
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I mean even my R7 toons are dying like flies when in the light side geo tb

This is why it matters.

And you don't understand tenacity down.

And if you don't want help then don't complain that you can't beat stuff that is beatable.

Cheers.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    crzydroid wrote: »

Have we ever been shared official information even about the existence of a level delta? Maybe that's why.

Honestly where I heard about this is from players who build some of the sites we all know and love. They look at the code and the equations.

So while no that's not official, it's there and players look at it and know about it. It may also have been available for everyone on .GG, but I'm not 100% sure if it was there or if it still is in that information.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I mean even my R7 toons are dying like flies when in the light side geo tb

This is why it matters.

And you don't understand tenacity down.

And if you don't want help then don't complain that you can't beat stuff that is beatable.

Cheers.

What the heck are you talking about? Are you implying that your R7 toons don't draw poor rng and die? Are you implying that when I get 4 out of 4 on phase 3 but go 0 in 4 in phase 1, is because of poor mod management?
    Who said I couldn't beat the geo TB? Do you enjoy making up false stories?
    You didn't even read the darn post at this point