How is JKL better than GAS???

Replies

• 13jkelly wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    13jkelly wrote: »
    For veteran players it was extremely easy to achieve which is what CG designed the event for. GAS on the other hand came when relics just released and really in all honesty most player had to end up relicing some of their units.

I respectfully disagree. You need to relic 9 characters to unlock JKL's event. Those 9 were not needed for another event (except 3PO for GAS, but not at relic level), so veteran players as a whole didn't necessarely had them relic'd. On a personal note, I only had Chewie R1 prior to the event. I unlocked GAS with only 5 characters relic'd (GK, Asaaj, B1, B2, Droideka). So gear-wise, it's harder to unlock JKL
    The GAS event was a billion times harder then the JKL event.

This I agree. However, it also was because I tried to use as few gear as possible to pass the event. I guess I would have had an easier time if I had my full Sep droid squad at high relic level, as it was required for JKL.
    JKL might better in the movies but we all know CG doesn’t work that way. Otherwise Mace Windu would of been one of the legendaries instead of padme.

If I remember correctly, Padme fought twice in the movies and won each time (Palace and Geonosis). Windu fought twice too (Geonosis and Senate) and lost one. But this is borderline trolling, I confess.

Palme fought against droids mace windu fought against the main Sith Lord. In that fight padme would have died before the other Jedi did.

I guess we'll never know. But for the sake of this fun and pointless debate: in this particular situation, it's highly unlikely that Padme would have died imo. Anakin was here. I daresay that if it would have been Padme instead of Windu that led Palpatine's arrest, Anakin would have saved Padmé and killed Palpatine. Padme is the true legend here, Windu just looks cool but fails to deliver. Just like his character.
    For veteran players it was extremely easy to achieve which is what CG designed the event for. GAS on the other hand came when relics just released and really in all honesty most player had to end up relicing some of their units.

I respectfully disagree. You need to relic 9 characters to unlock JKL's event. Those 9 were not needed for another event (except 3PO for GAS, but not at relic level), so veteran players as a whole didn't necessarely had them relic'd. On a personal note, I only had Chewie R1 prior to the event. I unlocked GAS with only 5 characters relic'd (GK, Asaaj, B1, B2, Droideka). So gear-wise, it's harder to unlock JKL

This I agree. However, it also was because I tried to use as few gear as possible to pass the event. I guess I would have had an easier time if I had my full Sep droid squad at high relic level, as it was required for JKL.
    JKL might better in the movies but we all know CG doesn’t work that way. Otherwise Mace Windu would of been one of the legendaries instead of padme.

If I remember correctly, Padme fought twice in the movies and won each time (Palace and Geonosis). Windu fought twice too (Geonosis and Senate) and lost one. But this is borderline trolling, I confess.

Palme fought against droids mace windu fought against the main Sith Lord. In that fight padme would have died before the other Jedi did.

Sounds like you complain for a nerf the second you cant whale out to beat certain teams. The fact that you previously complained about nerfing GAS and now say hes not good enough is just gold. Read the kits. Figure out mods. Stop complaining. Get gud.
  • I've compiled an epic video montage of Luke Skywalker leading other Jedi into battle. See below:

Oh, wait...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    RebelLion wrote: »
    I've compiled an epic video montage of Luke Skywalker leading other Jedi into battle.

If the game cared about lore you'd have a point.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Starslayer wrote: »

I guess we'll never know. But for the sake of this fun and pointless debate: in this particular situation, it's highly unlikely that Padme would have died imo. Anakin was here. I daresay that if it would have been Padme instead of Windu that led Palpatine's arrest, Anakin would have saved Padmé and killed Palpatine. Padme is the true legend here, Windu just looks cool but fails to deliver. Just like his character.

Lol bruh mace is so much better than padme can’t even believe you think otherwise. Put mace and padme 1v1 we all know who will win. But honestly it doesn’t matter CG doesn’t go by lore just their wallets.
  • Jack1210 wrote: »

Sounds like you complain for a nerf the second you cant whale out to beat certain teams. The fact that you previously complained about nerfing GAS and now say hes not good enough is just gold. Read the kits. Figure out mods. Stop complaining. Get gud.

I still uphold my complaint on GAS. CG has always lacked in this one trait and that trait is balance. There is no balance between GAS and malak and no balance between GAS and JKL. These characters should not be one shotting each other. I haven’t even talked about JKL and SLKR. I’ve had matches where SLKR got soloed by JKL cause his health and protection was through the roof. I hit 2 200ks on him and didn’t even scratch him. We are talking about a character that can cause himself to have more health and protection than GLs and more damage. How is that not op? Let him keep the damage and take away the constant max health and protection gain.
    Jack1210 wrote: »

I still uphold my complaint on GAS. CG has always lacked in this one trait and that trait is balance. There is no balance between GAS and malak and no balance between GAS and JKL. These characters should not be one shotting each other. I haven’t even talked about JKL and SLKR. I’ve had matches where SLKR got soloed by JKL cause his health and protection was through the roof. I hit 2 200ks on him and didn’t even scratch him. We are talking about a character that can cause himself to have more health and protection than GLs and more damage. How is that not op? Let him keep the damage and take away the constant max health and protection gain.

What you’re saying is OP is entirely strategy based and not actually OP. Taking JKL out early, if not first, is the strategy. Same with TIE Silencer’s stacking offense. And heal blocking Hounds Tooth. Same with that one Galactic Challenge modifier that lets you stack KRU with over 4 million health. It’s a strategy, if everything required pure brute force then the game wouldn’t be nearly as fun. Nihilus can one-shot GAS and JKL. Does Nihilus need to be nerfed, too?

Lol bruh mace is so much better than padme can’t even believe you think otherwise. Put mace and padme 1v1 we all know who will win. But honestly it doesn’t matter CG doesn’t go by lore just their wallets.

I'm all for a fun debate, but please bring a counter-argument to the table ^^
    About the 1v1 thing: it's a squad battle game, so characters are strong based on what they bring to the team, not who's better inside the octogon. Would you be confortable with CUP stronger than 3PO in the game ?
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Would you be confortable with CUP stronger than 3PO in the game ?

Hmmm. I daresay an Underworld Police Officer from Coruscant would beat C3PO in a 1v1.

But wait a minute! CUP is just a regular character, but 3PO is journey guide! C3PO coudn't beat anyone in a 1v1, why the heck is he harder to get than CUP? Either CUP needs to be buffed so he is better than C3PO, or 3PO needs to be nerfed so he's worse than CUP.

Disclaimer: This is sarcasm and brings nothing to this conversation. Have a nice day

Edit: So I guess, not everything lines up perfectly, which is part of the fun in this game. Some characters/teams work better in different situations, GAS may lose to JKL but it's all about strategy and taking the right team against the right team.
    Post edited by Old_Ben12345 on

What you’re saying is OP is entirely strategy based and not actually OP. Taking JKL out early, if not first, is the strategy. Same with TIE Silencer’s stacking offense. And heal blocking Hounds Tooth. Same with that one Galactic Challenge modifier that lets you stack KRU with over 4 million health. It’s a strategy, if everything required pure brute force then the game wouldn’t be nearly as fun. Nihilus can one-shot GAS and JKL. Does Nihilus need to be nerfed, too?

Nihilus and other characters like him can’t one shot in beginning of the match they have to actually build up to that ability and are really easy to take out. JKL on the other hand takes tons of turns to take out. Only way I’ve been able to beat him is by stacking SLKR siphon as much as possible. Hitting him in the beginning you can’t even see his protection go down with a microscope. And then as soon as he uses he special it is a instant one shot guaranteed every time to my characters.

I'm all for a fun debate, but please bring a counter-argument to the table ^^
    About the 1v1 thing: it's a squad battle game, so characters are strong based on what they bring to the team, not who's better inside the octogon. Would you be confortable with CUP stronger than 3PO in the game ?

I’m not taking about mace windu in the game we were talking about Lore. Lore wise mace would beat the crap out of padme. C3po is a support character and in a 1v1 the match would instantly end. I’m talking about characters that are on the same tier. People don’t have to believe there’s a tier that’s fine but there are characters that were made to be better than others.

Hmmm. I daresay an Underworld Police Officer from Coruscant would beat C3PO in a 1v1.

But wait a minute! CUP is just a regular character, but 3PO is journey guide! C3PO coudn't beat anyone in a 1v1, why the heck is he harder to get than CUP? Either CUP needs to be buffed so he is better than C3PO, or 3PO needs to be nerfed so he's worse than CUP.

Disclaimer: This is sarcasm and brings nothing to this conversation. Have a nice day

Edit: So I guess, not everything lines up perfectly, which is part of the fun in this game. Some characters/teams work better in different situations, GAS may lose to JKL but it's all about strategy and taking the right team against the right team.

I have teams that can beat JKL. I’m talking about character vs character. JKL did not need help taking out GAS. The way JKL destroyed GAS was like him taking out rose tico it was so easy. I had to do a lot to get GAS and JKL one shoting him is just insane.

I have teams that can beat JKL. I’m talking about character vs character. JKL did not need help taking out GAS. The way JKL destroyed GAS was like him taking out rose tico it was so easy. I had to do a lot to get GAS and JKL one shoting him is just insane.

Got it, got it. I see how that would be frustrating.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

You have to do a lot to get JKL.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    1v1 gac confirmed!!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

GAS is quite an investment but so is JKL. 1v1 isn’t a game mode currently available and the 5v5 matchup can go either way depending on mods and strategy. Seems decently balanced to me.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

GAS is quite an investment but so is JKL. 1v1 isn’t a game mode currently available and the 5v5 matchup can go either way depending on mods and strategy. Seems decently balanced to me.

To some people "balance" means "I win."
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Too true

Nihilus and other characters like him can’t one shot in beginning of the match they have to actually build up to that ability and are really easy to take out. JKL on the other hand takes tons of turns to take out. Only way I’ve been able to beat him is by stacking SLKR siphon as much as possible. Hitting him in the beginning you can’t even see his protection go down with a microscope. And then as soon as he uses he special it is a instant one shot guaranteed every time to my characters.

There are many videos out there where Nihilus can annihilate GAS before any of the GAS/501st squad can take a single turn.

Also, I’m not entirely sure what’s going on with your SLKR, but one opening basic attack from my SLKR takes JKL’s protection down by at least 50-60%.

It’s still a strategy issue, and not an OP issue.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

There are many videos out there where Nihilus can annihilate GAS before any of the GAS/501st squad can take a single turn.

Also, I’m not entirely sure what’s going on with your SLKR, but one opening basic attack from my SLKR takes JKL’s protection down by at least 50-60%.

I still think this situation of his protection supposedly not going down on a 200k hit is either a Revan Savior, JML health/protection recovery, or simply just an exaggeration or memory error. An R7 JKL with 4 protection primaries and 2000 protection from secondaries on each mod would land him at around 163k. Under JML lead and after using basic 10 times, he'd be at 359k, so a 200k hit would still be 55% of his protection--but no one has JKL modded that way.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

I still think this situation of his protection supposedly not going down on a 200k hit is either a Revan Savior, JML health/protection recovery, or simply just an exaggeration or memory error. An R7 JKL with 4 protection primaries and 2000 protection from secondaries on each mod would land him at around 163k. Under JML lead and after using basic 10 times, he'd be at 359k, so a 200k hit would still be 55% of his protection--but no one has JKL modded that way.

Yeah, I don’t understand what’s going on in the whole situation, none of it makes sense. Maybe it’s a problem with his SLKR not hitting hard enough. I have no idea.
  • I have read every comment that all of you posted and especially @13jkelly 's posts,
    So I can safely say that you ( @13jkelly ) are not using your brain at full capacity or just love to post negative claims which have no real evidence to back that up.

Some people in this thread posted a link of your old "complaint" suggesting to nerf GAS but now you suggest to nerf another character, claiming some made up ranks they should be in.

Like some already explained; the way characters are able to get unlocked doesn't really mean they should be superior to another.

Would you play Minecraft online and complain that their diamond pickaxe is mining faster than your wooden pickaxe? Please say no or else I will have to call a special aid service. For you or for me, I am not sure yet.

JKL is "hard" to unlock and should be awarded.

I am sure once you have him in your roster you would speak differently but we will see about that.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    my JKL can win against SLKR, but also can lose to him.
    its all about the mods.

and yeah, gettin JKL is way more difficult than gettin GAS
  • Where does vader fit in this hiarchy cause I one shot jkl and rey with him all the time...

Certain toons counter other toons. Their kits, mods, and strategy matter more than how you unlocked them. Look at how many marquee toons are better than journey toon Mando...
  • Konju wrote: »

Believe me JKL did not need help nor did he get any help. The rest of the Jedi were support characters as this was in GAC. They did no damage. JKL basically soloed a 501st team.
  • TVF wrote: »

I’m not some people. Balance means either can win.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

Believe me JKL did not need help nor did he get any help. The rest of the Jedi were support characters as this was in GAC. They did no damage. JKL basically soloed a 501st team.

Just sharing my experience using the JKL counter to SLKR I used to use in Arena. Fighting GAS with that squad (JKL, Hoda, JKR, Basti, OB) could go either way. I won most battles, but definitely lost some too.
  • TheSaint wrote: »
    I have read every comment that all of you posted and especially @13jkelly 's posts,
    So I can safely say that you ( @13jkelly ) are not using your brain at full capacity or just love to post negative claims which have no real evidence to back that up.

Some people in this thread posted a link of your old "complaint" suggesting to nerf GAS but now you suggest to nerf another character, claiming some made up ranks they should be in.

Like some already explained; the way characters are able to get unlocked doesn't really mean they should be superior to another.

Would you play Minecraft online and complain that their diamond pickaxe is mining faster than your wooden pickaxe? Please say no or else I will have to call a special aid service. For you or for me, I am not sure yet.

JKL is "hard" to unlock and should be awarded.

I am sure once you have him in your roster you would speak differently but we will see about that.

Again you and others are not understanding what I’m saying. JKL ONE SHOT GAS. I’m not talking about cup I’m not talking about Jynn erso I’m talking about GAS here. JKL soloed my GAS team. The reason why I have to keep asking for nerfs is because CG is pulling the same crap they always do. It’s not because I lost if that were the case I would be posting every single day.

Their JKL team had all support characters and he was literally soloing my whole team. These type of characters should not have this high of a power threshold. Yeah sure JKL can one shot rose tico, gamorean guard, captain Han Solo whatever. But GAS is on a whole different level here then those characters. And apparently JKL is even on a bigger scale and that is what I disagree with. Malak, GAS, and JKL should all be on the same scale. Enough of this one shotting thing actually make the teams balanced. My SLKR just today again had to do over 500k damage just to take out JKL. This is stupidly insane and believe me I counted up the damage. If they wanted him to be on GL level they should have said something.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    *edit
    JKR lead was for SLKR counter and JKL lead worked better for me against GAS.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    JKL soloed my GAS team.

Edit: sorry I didn't pay attention. He didn't soloed your entire team. He had an entire support team around him, probably especially build to buff him like crazy. Kudos to your opponent, he built some uberwarrior thanks to a clever comp.