Mods Cap

Replies

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Be nice if they made the mod leveling slider less twitchy though. I've long since lost count of the number of times a quick tap on the has sent it all the way to 15 and every once in a while I reflexively click upgrade before correcting it.

This. It should stop at 12. ;)
    I'd even settle for 11. :D

6vk0ksdskrp8.jpg
  • Echoing the desperate plea for basic mod info being visible,

starting with, but not limited to, # of unquipped mods in inventory & # of mods allowed.

It should also tell us how many mods we have that respond to a particular search. So if I just search for all unequipped Speed mods, it will present those mods, but it won't state at the top of the screen how many of those mods I have. Why not?? It would be very helpful to get a quick snapshot of how much inventory I'm using on particular mod types.

And, of course, we also need a Galactic Challenge Feat Progress counter. I hope CG does not forget that.
  • At least let us claim GC reward box with full mod inventory. All other rewards can be split with mods staying in the inbox.
    Oh, and sell straight from inbox too.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I don't like bumping threads but I would prefer if this thread gets bumped everyday until we get any sort of response from CG
  • So is there a cap for how much gear pieces we are allowed or how many training droids we can have? Last I checked I’ve got nearly 400k 2 star training droids. If I agree to let CG take those back then can I have more room for mods? Kyno says I need a new strategy or I need to farm more slicing materials. I say maybe ease up the drop rates so farming can be more worthwhile.
    I do agree mod cap should be changed to reflect the number of toons added to the game since mods first arrived...

But...

Remember that a gear piece is one simple data point: how many have you got. A mod has several, and each mod is unique. A mod needs a value for set, shape, level, rarity, primary, secondary (x4), secondary value (x4).... so whilst I agree the mod cap needs raised, there will always need to be a limit of some sort.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So is there a cap for how much gear pieces we are allowed or how many training droids we can have? Last I checked I’ve got nearly 400k 2 star training droids. If I agree to let CG take those back then can I have more room for mods? Kyno says I need a new strategy or I need to farm more slicing materials. I say maybe ease up the drop rates so farming can be more worthwhile.

Gear or training droids is just one number per type, so it doesn't matter how much there is from data storage perspective. Well, until the number itself overflows, but that should be pretty much hypothetical scenario. Mods, on the other hand, are individual items, so unlimited inventory could run into problems pretty soon. And just increasing the cap only kicks the can down the road, so the best solution would be improved mod management, which is long overdue.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don't like bumping threads but I would prefer if this thread gets bumped everyday until we get any sort of response from CG

How did that work out in the past?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Splendid
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Splendid

Getting changes made by bumping a thread daily is super easy, barely an inconvenience.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I’m all for the attempts toward change, but based upon current mod management etc. I’m guessing not well.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Be nice if they made the mod leveling slider less twitchy though. I've long since lost count of the number of times a quick tap on the has sent it all the way to 15 and every once in a while I reflexively click upgrade before correcting it.

Or get rid of levels 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 11?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    kello_511 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Or get rid of levels 2, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 11?

That is one of those odd things. I get that very new players are not flush with coins, but the non bump levels always seemed out of place...... no one upgrades mods to lvl 10 (for example). They could just have 4 levels and be done with it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Splendid

Getting changes made by bumping a thread daily is super easy, barely an inconvenience.

Wow wow wow wow

wow
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Tbh I bump some gold triangles to 2 to indicate to myself that I do not want to sell it but that it currently isn’t worthy of further investment.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »
    Tbh I bump some gold triangles to 2 to indicate to myself that I do not want to sell it but that it currently isn’t worthy of further investment.

Same, although I more often to do it as a reminder to sell it when I get to that screen.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I go the "opposite", I upgrade them to see what hits and sell the ones I do not upgrade (usually because they do not have speed).

This was I can sell gold that dont hit the way I want, as they have the lowest potential.
  • TVF wrote: »

Perhaps if you had a meeting with CG, you could pitch your idea. Whoopsie.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Perhaps if you had a meeting with CG, you could pitch your idea. Whoopsie.

Pitch meetings are TIGHT
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

I go the "opposite", I upgrade them to see what hits and sell the ones I do not upgrade (usually because they do not have speed).

This was I can sell gold that dont hit the way I want, as they have the lowest potential.

Yes that is my strategy, however I am low on triangles so I keep a few extra around and if it is gold with no speed secondary then I upgrade to 2 to indicate not to sell just in case.

I have quite a few characters with mediocre mods that only need them for random events (looking at you Ewoks) so I started running low on triangles again.
  • If I am at my mod cap, I shouldn't have to delete my mods to move my mods around. There should definitely be some sort of overflow enabled when moving mods if at the cap. The only time you should need to delete your mods is when you want to bring in new mods.
  • I totally agree with a mod increase and better tools to deal with mods.
    Either one would be a good first step.
    You can't say that people aren't doing a bad job of managing their mods if you have to spend about 2-4 hours to manage them. Some people might have 2-4 hours to play the game and not to melt your head dealing with mods.
    Also, having a variance on the mods we get from events would be nice. At the moment we are overflooded with health mods, at least I am.
  • Lastly, as mentioned above there are tools out there that helpful for dealing with mods, but you have to pay.
    Those same people though that developed those tools are willing to sit down and discuss how CG can use these tools in their advantage, but guess what CG don't need no help from no one, ever!
  • You can't say that people aren't doing a bad job of managing their mods if you have to spend about 2-4 hours to manage them. Some people might have 2-4 hours to play the game and not to melt your head dealing with mods.
    I spend way more time reviewing and remodding toons than I do managing my unassigned mod inventory.
  • The best solution is to have better mod tools. Making it easier to manage, evaluate, level and sell mods would solve a lot of the problem.

I think the request for more inventory is not a bad idea as well. Mods have been around for awhile now, and a lot has changed in the game. Re-visiting the cap at this point is not a bad idea. I agree that it’s not something that should be increased every few months, but once in awhile like this does make sense to me.

However better tools would probably alleviate a lot of the issues with the inventory cap.

I’d love to be able to have every toon modded, plus 500 mods on inventory and still be able to swap mods around. That alone would solve a big part of the problem.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    You can't say that people aren't doing a bad job of managing their mods if you have to spend about 2-4 hours to manage them. Some people might have 2-4 hours to play the game and not to melt your head dealing with mods.
    I spend way more time reviewing and remodding toons than I do managing my unassigned mod inventory.

Sadly, most of us probably spend more time fiddling with mods (moving, splicing, swapping, assigning, leveling, selling, building loadouts, etc.) than doing anything else in the game.

Either CG should just give us more tools to work with mods, and increase the cap or change the name to Star Wars: Galaxy of Mod Messin'
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Sadly, most of us probably spend more time fiddling with mods (moving, splicing, swapping, assigning, leveling, selling, building loadouts, etc.) than doing anything else in the game.

Either CG should just give us more tools to work with mods, and increase the cap or change the name to Star Wars: Galaxy of Mod Messin'

Don't underestimate retrying GC for good RNG, that at least rivals mod swapping in time consumption.
    Agreed about the Galaxy of mod messin', and it's probably gonna get worse if conquest includes hard battles with narrow strategies. If there are more battles like KAM mission, the mod swapping will be hell.
  • The cap should be for all mods equipped or not and should improve for each new toon released. This way you don’t need more space disk and massive remod for Tb or raid is no more an issue for players.
  • kello_511 wrote: »
    I’d love to be able to have every toon modded, plus 500 mods on inventory and still be able to swap mods around. That alone would solve a big part of the problem.

You are able to have every toon modded plus 450 mods in your inventory and still able to move mods around. Are those 50 mods less a problem???
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Get rid of anything less than 5* mods. It’s silly to have 3s and 4s that serve no real purpose anymore for the current game structure. You can take a 5* to 6* but you can’t do jack with 3s and 4s. Auto upgrade all floating in the wild to 5* and set their levels accordingly. Be done with them…

As for databases, I manage several thousand terabytes in total from over 150 of our wind farms. We have adapted and upgraded our systems to handle it with ease. I’ll never buy the datapoint excuse. Won’t happen…
    SnakesOnAPlane