JML protection recovery under Bast/Tambor

lucasvcdias
37 posts Member
edited February 2021
So, I have a doubt. Its about the protection recovery for JML when he receives tank tech from tambor and the lead is Bastilla Shan. Is it supposed to work as it is now? I used revan lead with my own JML R8, R8, R8 gas, JKL, and tambor. Even with atack tech on gas and my full team alive, I spent 3 minutes hiting the JML from the other team and couldnt get his peotection out of the purple. It looks like he recovers more protection than he should when under
bastilla lead with tech from tambor.

So, I guess my question is: Is it WAI (working as intended)?

Thanks!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Seems fine to me. I just fought a Bast lead with r8 JML and r8 GAS, with no r8's of my own. JML (L) GAS JKL GMY JKR. It took longer than other Jedi leads to beat, but I won in 3 minutes without much fuss.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    He recovers the bonus protection from her leadership, it's why he seems un-killable. Debating whether that's ok in the spirit of Wat's intended kit or not is different story.

A full CLS team can work through it all exploiting exposes, but it takes a long time. Throw Thrawn in for fracture shenanigans if needed.
  • If you're running the JKR+JML+Wat team, just sub Han in for JKL. Shoot Wat first. Kill Wat. They have no taunt and go down easy.
  • I don't think the question was how to beat it, but whether wats tech should be recovering protection up. I personally don't think a skill that recovers protection should be recovering protection up, however this is old behavior. Hermit yoda has been recovering bastillas prot up since the beginning, so I can only assume it's working as intended.
  • It's working as "not realized". But what are you gonna do?
  • crzydroid
    7253 posts Moderator
    edited February 2021
    It's been answered as WAI, and has worked this way since protection recovery mechanics were introduced.
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I personally find it very easy to beat....throw JML lead in hit auto and come back in 2 mins to a victory screen
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    I don't think the question was how to beat it, but whether wats tech should be recovering protection up. I personally don't think a skill that recovers protection should be recovering protection up, however this is old behavior. Hermit yoda has been recovering bastillas prot up since the beginning, so I can only assume it's working as intended.

Yes, my question was if The prot up recovery was correct. To me, seems like a wrong interaction. Thanks for answering!
  • Yeah, the recovery includes protection up while you have it. So, say JML has 100k protection, then 300k more from Bastila lead Protection up. Total 400k, recovers 30% of that each of his turns so that's 120k.

However, once (if?) you chew through all the purple protection up, and I mean all, then he only has 100k protection and will gain a sane 30k per turn from tank tech.