GAC - Division populations

1235Next

Replies

• MaruMaru wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    The divisions definitely need to be re-balanced but we also need more squads on the maps. There are several viable teams that have come to the game since the original GA started up and the GLs require farming of several mediocre characters that have no real use in GAC.

Agreed, I'm mostly interested in the slot bump in -to be- division personally, but I also think current div 2 and lower quarters of div 1 (like 4.5 to 5.5m) can also use extra slots. Above that we need more than one slots. At 6.7m, I can easily put 3 more extra teams on defense and lend 3 extra teams for offense which I never get to use currently.

We’ve heard you and will be adding 2 more slots for ships on defense!

Lmao, you have 8 caps sure, only thing missing is the ships, a small problem. I think 2 slots is just good enough rn, not too much or too little.

Well I’m just saying careful what you wish for lol.

I’d love some more pilotless ships to round out our capital ships and wouldn’t mind 3 spots for the new top division if there’s any. Or another defensive slot or two. Even zones with different variants like the front 3 defense on the top and bottom are 5v5 and and bottom back defense is 3v3
  • I know it is easy to throw an idea out and much more difficult to create that idea in real life but what if GA was a map that was split in half like TW or even a TB map, defenses would be set up on each half 1 squad per territory fleets as well and the offensive squads could take over and claim territories that your defenses boarder once attacked and claimed what is left of the squad that won holds the territory under your banner but could then be attacked by the opponent and reclaimed by them this would allow you to then use another squad to attempt to take it back until all your squads are used up. Think of it as a 24 hr game of risk which rewards good defense but also necessary depth of your squads to continue this war of attrition banners can still be won but control of the majority of the map would decide a winner.

There is more gamesmanship and strategy in this and it provides more content rather than blowing through the 4 territories and hoping you earned enough banners it requires checking back and potentially retaking territories again. Ultimately it allows you to use up all your squads to hold and take back what you lose

Thoughts?
  • Also I feel a solution to the matchmaking issue is to use total GP to create divisions but also take the total or average of a players top 5 characters to determine matches the number of GL (50k) will result in players with similar numbers of GL to be matched together while to rest of the characters are typically 30-35k once fully developed

So if I am at 4.4 mil that puts me in my division but If don’t have any GL and my top 5 character average is 34k I can be easily matched with another 34k opponent, a player with 1 GL will average closer to 38k, 2 GL will be at 41K there isn’t too much room to manipulate that besides trying to have an underdeveloped GL with a lower GP.

Thoughts on that solution for match ups?
  • Any news on adding more divisions division 1 is just ridiculously top heavy now.
  • Any news on adding more divisions division 1 is just ridiculously top heavy now.

This topic has yet to get acknowledgement from @CG_Doja_Fett .
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Any news on adding more divisions division 1 is just ridiculously top heavy now.

It was alrdy adressed in aprils Q&A last year:

"Q: Do you plan on adding any more divisions to GA? The top divisions have a wide range of power levels and I'm bound to come across some with GL Rey or Kylo sooner or later even thoug I'm still working on them.

A: CG_Miller - Yes, we've got some work to do in order to add those new tiers, and we're waiting for a critical mass of players before we commit to that task."

Looks like we didn't hit that "critical mass of players" yet in div 1, god knows how high that peak in the graph needs to be.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Any news on adding more divisions division 1 is just ridiculously top heavy now.

"Q: Do you plan on adding any more divisions to GA? The top divisions have a wide range of power levels and I'm bound to come across some with GL Rey or Kylo sooner or later even thoug I'm still working on them.

A: CG_Miller - Yes, we've got some work to do in order to add those new tiers, and we're waiting for a critical mass of players before we commit to that task."

Looks like we didn't hit that "critical mass of players" yet in div 1, god knows how high that peak in the graph needs to be.

I don't consider that legitimate at this time as much time has passed over it and we got no updates or mentions of such. I don't for a moment find in myself to believe they are actually tracking this data in some interval to see if that threshold is met or even a certain threshold exists. At the time of that q/a div 1-2-3 had approx equal amount of players, now div 1 is closing up on div 2-3-4 combined. Player gathered data is enough proof for me how things evolved over time and got ignored.
  • I suppose until Conquest mode hit the deck all other concerns will be ignored anyway (and maybe several months after that because new mode will raise it's own concerns without any doubt :)).
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Legend91 wrote: »

I don't consider that legitimate at this time as much time has passed over it and we got no updates or mentions of such. I don't for a moment find in myself to believe they are actually tracking this data in some interval to see if that threshold is met or even a certain threshold exists. At the time of that q/a div 1-2-3 had approx equal amount of players, now div 1 is closing up on div 2-3-4 combined. Player gathered data is enough proof for me how things evolved over time and got ignored.

This. It has reached critical mass and should be on the table for adjustments. This is the equivalent of saying "we know the river is rising but we will wait do anything until the river is in our front room. "
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    @CG_Doja_Fett one more months of data. When will this prompt some kind of response that you'll at least bring it to attention? Ignorance about this topic doesn't pose well for the future even after the division structures are updated as we'll be left to rot once again that point forth.

d8w7vmhdkjuc.jpg
  • The fact that there are people with sub 5 million GP rosters in a division with 9+ million GP rosters should be enough to tell CG that they need to fix this because it's out of control. Maybe it was one thing when "division 1 is the smallest division!" but now everyone's crashing the party and we need more divisions.

Along with that, the top division needs to put way more teams on defense (NOT FLEETS!) because 7 teams on defense is ridiculously low. It should be at least 10-12 for the top division in 5v5 and 15 for 3v3.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    At the time, there wasn't enough data for lowest 3 divisions. The total active accounts are probably still very similar unlike what the total might make you think of.

Division 1 has now 10k+ more players than div 2-3-4 combined.

@CG_Doja_Fett

qtcv841esksd.png
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This discussion has taken a more front burner situation with GCs and Conquest in the roll out phases (mostly conquest at this point, but ya know what i mean). We should hear more on this at some point "soon".
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    You mean back burner?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    This discussion has taken a more front burner situation with GCs and Conquest in the roll out phases (mostly conquest at this point, but ya know what i mean). We should hear more on this at some point "soon".

Ok, meanwhile we can keep it in traction as it gives us a sense of scale of what we are witnessing. It's quite out there now due to taking too long a time.