Sorry Phipps

Replies

• LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Hey @Phipps who you rolling out there right now? I have spent much time trying to understand the psychology of arena defense... One thing to know is once you leave top 15 it is a really aggressive backslide esp with the ftp sucking you down a vortex. Just use crystals to refresh back to top 10. those in the top 10 dont target anyone more than anyone else. Top 10 is the best defense against being pulled back based on leader and team comp because guys just hit the highest person they can to advance. no team comp scares them. except guys in my GMT time zone I want them targeted. Yeah you Macemag (take that sniper out fellas!!!) I avoid the guys on this thread. Except @Predian who I kope to give insight into how his team goes on d and he has new teams i enjoy going against. And will stop if he tells me to...
  • @LordAlvert please don't stop.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    No worries, lost 4 of 10 matches today and 3 in a row at once, RNG gods are cruel. I assume me being in 3rd won't hold till our payout.

@LordAlvert
    Fought your team, you had 6 or 7 total moves including the assists before I went. I only one by a miracle because the AI didn't focus fire and your lumi hit my only toon who wasn't hit yet. Then my lumi healed errybody and I went to work. That team is pretty sweet.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Sid leader, lumi, GS, poggle, HRS

I can't use anything else, speed is all that matters.
    My other 7* lvl 70 max ability toons are Luke, Han, Biggs, AA.

I might just start running the full rebel squad until the update and fall into oblivion. If I can't take top 3 anymore I might as well get some entertainment out of arena.
  • LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    It's funny I agree with predian the squads I was afraid of were: the whales Calvo and the Japanese guy and yours Phipps. Sid leader with the damage still worries me and before my team got fast I would regularly have to put in Barriss as lead to handle your team. Your team was the only one I would have to do that with. What about ig86 or another dps rey? Hrs used to crush me but seems to not be crit ing as much... truthfully I haven't run a Sid lead team so I am at a loss of awesome suggestions. I think your team does still deter me. Qgj vs qgj doesn't phase me much of course.... Pay to get back to top of arena and collude w your time zone as you have...
  • I lost a fight for first with enough time left. I can't recall my last loss on offense. This lineup must change.
  • Predian wrote: »
    I lost a fight for first with enough time left. I can't recall my last loss on offense. This lineup must change.

Use your normal guys on offense. Save one battle for after payouts. Then stick in the defense squad... That is going to have to be the way to go. Stick in your kit and igd squad after 7 eastern... I think being to swap out pieces makes it fun ish.

@Phipps how does Han work in there instead of Lumi? Han and his turn meter stuff is good at deterring people I think. You have probably done that... I also got hit hard by your tanky assist Biggs...
  • I have always sthought slow and clunky taking 5 minutes to kill was a good defense strategy. I loved Daka and Dooku and Yoda for how **** slow their animations were... Opress takes 1:30 to kill. Fives is the same. Just all slow down team... When I ran 4 healers cause that was what I had clock was always an issue... It's a sign of good defense!
  • @HalB what happened in the last battle? I am curious with how my team performed.
    Empire Relic
  • @Predian I fought your team and I do think you have something working there on defense. I was not sure if I was going to pull it out and it took me 4 minutes to beat.

@Phipps I usually try to avoid teams with Han, for what it is worth.
    Empire Relic
  • I got thrashed... 0/1. Hit Ashoka twice she countered twice more health than either of my guys... Then I started hitting kit... Not good. Then I hit Ima gun. Then oppressor did 99999 to one of my guys. For a while it was 3 v 3 but I was at half health and only healer was Ashoka. I haven't lost on offense in a long time. Maybe a week??? I would avoid your team. I'll try once more with this squad then try with daka,Sid,qgj,yoda,lumi. More heal. Maybe Barriss... Yikes.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Maybe I should add Lumi for some healing in there.

• LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Predian wrote: »
    Maybe I should add Lumi for some healing in there.

yes a healer would be frustrating. I wonder even Jedi consular w his quick cool down. But he would get hit first. Yeah lumi doing counters would hurt too. She dodges a lot which would be annoying in this setup...

So I stared at your setup second battle. I didn't change my team. I paid the price earlier when hitting aayla,ashoka healed every counter, kit countered 100pct, and dare I touch psycho savage he up and buffs and whacks me. What triggers that 99999 move? Anyway left him for last. Weak link was 5 star igd so I started in with everything qgj double, yoda second special. I wanted 5v4 ASAP. It was close and I was hurting a lot timing worked will w heals of Ashoka and lumi. I then went for kit,ashoka,aayla,savage. It was close and unpleasant. Jump to top 3 and I have 3 more battles tonight... The squad might need lumi or just wait till igd is 6 or 7? But it was my first offense loss in a long time and I would not target you if I was on my way to number 1...
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    @Insufferable_camper I could not beat you for the #1. My Yoda went first and I tried to remove turn meter from your QGJ, failed and great mistake. After that, I tried to finish your QGJ off but your RG taunt went off and I was screwed by then. By the time I was done with your RG I had only Yoda, Lumi and Sid with not much hp left. At least I had a chance to be there, which I had not had in a long time.
    Good fight!
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    on a positive note I just had Vader show up twice in the shard shop today and I just got my 200 arena shipments achievement which is 7 Vader shards. Only 15 to go before he's 5*.

My dark side team is so weak, I still can't even 3* 2 of the hard nodes even after tons of attempts and borrowing 7* Daka.
  • It took me so many tries to 3 star the last dark side battle so I could sim for anakin shards. And that was with a team that seemed pretty good on paper.
  • My darkside is totally underdeveloped as well. I will have to think about that once more missions open up. I currently use Dooku, Daka, Sidious, GS, and Vader for dark side missions, that shows you how unprepared I am.
    Empire Relic
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Mine is better than it was at the time I finished that. I have 7 star nightsisters (other than acolyte) plus Maul, Savage, Phasma, Ren, Dooku, Sidius, 86, magnaguard, Royal Guard, Bane. But only Daka, Savage, Dooku, Royal Guard, and Maul have abilities leveled into the tier 3 materials...maybe that's my team?

At the time I finished that last mission, I maybe had half of that, and no Maul, Dooku, or Savage for certain.
  • Insufferable_camper
    682 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I usually borrow other people's Phasma, but I am going to start building her up again. My darkside team does not have near the depth that yours does @Predian . I still only have 5 stars on Dooku, and I don't have him fully geared. I have Vader at 5 stars, but he is not fully geared either.

I have Royal Guard, but he is not great when you are trying to 3 star a node and the darkside does not have any great healers.
    Empire Relic
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Of course I say that earlier and both Predian and Calvo both attack me this evening in my reward hour. Calvo did so just minutes before the rewards were awarded!

When is your reward hour and which team are you again? I don't think I attacked you in anyone's reward hour....
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Of course I say that earlier and both Predian and Calvo both attack me this evening in my reward hour. Calvo did so just minutes before the rewards were awarded!

When is your reward hour and which team are you again? I don't think I attacked you in anyone's reward hour....

Specifically - I didn't start any fight between 6pm EST when I lost my 10th match (and I didn't buy more) and 3am EST when I woke up to screaming children and decided to use my 3 matches to move back up.

Then I used 2 more at around 8am EST.

• Predian wrote: »

That was from a couple of weeks ago, but I am Empire Relic, and I am in the central time zone, so I believe I am one hour behind you. Although he did not seem to be active last night, Calvo is the main antagonist.
    Empire Relic
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    How goes everyone have 5* Vader but me?
  • Predian
    615 posts Member

That was from a couple of weeks ago, but I am Empire Relic, and I am in the central time zone, so I believe I am one hour behind you. Although he did not seem to be active last night, Calvo is the main antagonist.

Oops, I thought that was from yesterday! My bad. Reading is hard.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Phipps wrote: »

Because we do more refreshes with more currency we end up with more achievements which give us more shards for Vader. Mine is 15/85.
  • Phipps wrote: »

I buy shards out of the shard shop every time they are available. I have also unlocked a bunch of characters, I just have not spent the time to level or gear them.
    Empire Relic
  • So how did overnight go with your team @Predian?
  • Has anyone fought Calvo's new droid/Lobot squad yet? What tactics would you use against it?
    Empire Relic
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    LordAlvert wrote: »
    So how did overnight go with your team @Predian?

I fell to about 15, I can't actually recall..let's say 13-15 range. Not terrible.

• Predian
    615 posts Member
    Has anyone fought Calvo's new droid/Lobot squad yet? What tactics would you use against it?

Not since he added Lobot. When I last fought that combo he had Poggle leading and it wasn't so bad. I saved the General for last.