Returning player in need of some guidance

Rickaye
8 posts Member
edited February 2021
So I’m just coming back to the game after a very long-hiatus (stopped right around when they introduced Fleets to the game). But I’m just overwhelmed with everything they’ve added since. Here’s my roster:

https://swgoh.gg/p/427348933/

I hear a lot about Rebels since they’re easy to farm & you need them to unlock Thrawn & Palpatine (have him max rank already). Who in turn are two prerequisites to unlocking Eternal Sith Emperor. But would that be a waste of resources for me right now since I’m level 85 & don’t need a beginner team?

Any recommendations on long-term goals or what would make the most sense with the roster I have?

I seem to have a lot of makeshift squads or characters needed to unlock Legends, but just aren’t geared at all. I have 3 Geonisians max rank (need to farm shards for the other two), 4 Ewoks max rank (need to farm 1 more), etc
Post edited by Rickaye on

Replies

• Create a profile on https://swgoh.gg/ if you don't have one already and post it here, will be easier to look through your profile without just the screenshots.

From what I see there, I wouldn't go for Phoenix first just to unlock Thrawn. The way I see it you have a few different ways to go:

1. Go for Padme. You have Grievous, B2, Magmaguard. Might be able to put something together to unlock her. Then you would have a squad of Padme, GK, JKA, GMY and Ahsoka.
    2. Could also finish off Geos to go for Padme as well
    3. Finish Ewoks off and then go for C3P0 who you can put with Padme instead of Ahsoka

Then lots of options of what you could do next....JKR perhaps.
  • Create a profile on https://swgoh.gg/ if you don't have one already and post it here, will be easier to look through your profile without just the screenshots.

From what I see there, I wouldn't go for Phoenix first just to unlock Thrawn. The way I see it you have a few different ways to go:

1. Go for Padme. You have Grievous, B2, Magmaguard. Might be able to put something together to unlock her. Then you would have a squad of Padme, GK, JKA, GMY and Ahsoka.
    2. Could also finish off Geos to go for Padme as well
    3. Finish Ewoks off and then go for C3P0 who you can put with Padme instead of Ahsoka

Then lots of options of what you could do next....JKR perhaps.

I tried making a account, but my Player ID is tied to my other account from years ago which I’ve lost access to, sadly

Definitely will complete Padme though, hear a lot of good things. So would that squad be all-around great, or it good at a few things in particular? Just wondering if I should also be planning on squads for the raids, & Territory Wars.

About C3PO, apparently Teebo might as well not count for my roster? Heard he’s really bad & I might need to farm another Ewoks instead

Also thoughts on going for Chewbacca as well? Not sure how doable it is without Bossk though, right now I have Bobba g10, Greedo g8, Cad Bane g9, Dengar g8, & IG 88 g11.

I was also initially looking at maybe long term going for Jedi Master Luke, & wow is my roster a ways away. I need to farm teams to get a character for one team, who is needed for another team, which I also have to farm, & repeat that three more times (C3PO, Chewbacca, Bb8, Rey Training)

Meanwhile with SEE, all I need to farm are Phoenix for Thrawn & the rest of it is just straightforward farming nodes for the last 4 characters I need to unlock, plus the relic farming. Surely SEE can’t be that bad compared to JMLS?
  • Well me personally I am in the middle of the Chewie farm, working up my BHs and ships for the **** at the moment. You may be able to beat it with that team since you have Dengar, but will be tough w/o Bossk. You need Bossk anyway to pilot the Hounds Tooth so may as well start farming them both (bonus you get Jango as another BH on the same node as HT).

I think JML is a super long farm. Based on my roster I have a lot of prereqs, but still hard and I think I will go for SLKR first. SEE is likely the fastest to get, but not top 2 of the GLs.
  • thanks! Seems like the Serperatist route is pretty easy with my roster.

Any tips of which Dark Side ships to get fast? Just need two more at 5* & I only need 20 more FOTF shards to get it to 5*.

Roster: https://imgur.com/a/PjGLWSn

I have Maul & Vader at high gear & at 7*, but both their ships are only 4* because I don’t have a good enough Fleet to complete the Hard battles. Should I maybe go for Cad Bane’s or IG88’s ships since I have them fully geared? Or maybe Geo Spy’s ship with Guild Credits?
  • Rickaye wrote: »
    thanks! Seems like the Serperatist route is pretty easy with my roster.

Any tips of which Dark Side ships to get fast? Just need two more at 5* & I only need 20 more FOTF shards to get it to 5*.

I have Maul & Vader at high gear & at 7*, but both their ships are only 4* because I don’t have a good enough Fleet to complete the Hard battles. Should I maybe go for Cad Bane’s or IG88’s ships since I have them fully geared? Or maybe Geo Spy’s ship with Guild Credits?

You need the 5* DS ships so you can get your Executrix to 6*? I would keep plugging away at Tie x1, keep some fleet store tokens in the bank so you can get it every time it pops up. I just 5-starred mine today actually, and got my 6* Executrix.

What Fleet hard node are you stuck on right now? You have a pretty decent lineup you should be close to getting Vader's Tie x1 node unlocked (4B).

What lineup do you currently use for Fleet? I don't have Geo ships myself, but I'm guessing you could go with Executrix + your 2 Geos + Biggs, then Umbarran, Ahsoka, Vader to come off the bench as RIs. That's basically my lineup right now but I have the 2 PS ships instead of Geos. I use Biggs + Umbarran + Ghost to start, then can use Vader as 1st RI followed by 1 of the other 2 depending on your needs (Ahsoka if dispel needed)
  • You will need both Cad & IG's ship eventually in order to get the Falcon, but better to focus on getting Hounds Tooth first before those other 2.
  • Rickaye
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Would you guys recommend starting over with a new account at this point? My Squad & Fleet Arena shards are just maxed out teams with GL’s. Seems like it’d take me years to ever get a chance at some crystals for refreshes
  • Intimmydation
    680 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Are you free to play or willing to spend $100 on Hyperdrive bundle?
    If only free, you may as well continue even if you won't get top in your shards. You won't have much crystal income coming in but you have a good base.
    If you want to spend $100 on the HBD, then likely better to restart as you'll start with a huge advantage in both arenas (even bigger if it's a super new one). But if you do HDB, I would change priorities around a bit.

Otherwise starting over as purely F2P, you are still going to have trouble in the Arenas will all the other HDB players, and you'll have to go through all the low-level grind again.
  • Are you free to play or willing to spend $100 on Hyperdrive bundle?
    If only free, you may as well continue even if you won't get top in your shards. You won't have much crystal income coming in but you have a good base.
    If you want to spend $100 on the HBD, then likely better to restart as you'll start with a huge advantage in both arenas (even bigger if it's a super new one). But if you do HDB, I would change priorities around a bit.

Otherwise starting over as purely F2P, you are still going to have trouble in the Arenas will all the other HDB players, and you'll have to go through all the low-level grind again.

Am full F2p for now. But **** that sucks. I remember when I used to be able top my shard as a F2P with an OP Droid squad. Had maybe a couple of whales that placed higher sometimes.

thanks! Seems like the Serperatist route is pretty easy with my roster.

You need the 5* DS ships so you can get your Executrix to 6*? I would keep plugging away at Tie x1, keep some fleet store tokens in the bank so you can get it every time it pops up. I just 5-starred mine today actually, and got my 6* Executrix.

What Fleet hard node are you stuck on right now? You have a pretty decent lineup you should be close to getting Vader's Tie x1 node unlocked (4B).

What lineup do you currently use for Fleet? I don't have Geo ships myself, but I'm guessing you could go with Executrix + your 2 Geos + Biggs, then Umbarran, Ahsoka, Vader to come off the bench as RIs. That's basically my lineup right now but I have the 2 PS ships instead of Geos. I use Biggs + Umbarran + Ghost to start, then can use Vader as 1st RI followed by 1 of the other 2 depending on your needs (Ahsoka if dispel needed)

I’m currently on the first Hard node. Using Wedge, Biggs & Ahsoka’s ship with Ackbar capital. Slave 1, Vader & Maul as back-up

I’ll definitely try your set-up though instead!
  • I'd just work on your Padme then and go from there. She'll start to be strong and who knows how many people in your squad shard have quit the game by now as well.
  • Rickaye
    8 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I'd just work on your Padme then and go from there. She'll start to be strong and who knows how many people in your squad shard have quit the game by now as well.
    Got it. Do you think my current roster is enough for Padme then? B2, Magma, Geo Soldier, Poggle & Sun Fac Or should I still try to finish farming Nute & Dooku, or the last 2 Geonisians first?
    I'd just work on your Padme then and go from there. She'll start to be strong and who knows how many people in your squad shard have quit the game by now as well.
    Got it. Do you think my current roster is enough for Padme then? B2, Magma, Geo Soldier, Poggle & Sun Fac Or should I still try to finish farming Nute & Dooku, or the last 2 Geonisians first?

You can give it a shot, you may be able to unlock her at 5*...but then I would keep farming the rest of the Geos to 7* so you can 1) finish Padme to 7* and 2) have a good 2nd squad

You can give it a shot, you may be able to unlock her at 5*...but then I would keep farming the rest of the Geos to 7* so you can 1) finish Padme to 7* and 2) have a good 2nd squad
    Sounds good! So thus far it sounds like I should:

- work on ranking up my fleet in order to get be to get to Vader’s node. Then farm him until 5*
    - in Fleet Arena get FOTF’s ship to 5*
    - would then have the ability to farm Zeta’s
    - Farm Geo Spy in Cantina nodes, then Brood Alpha,
    - finish up GG in the Shard Shop,
    - farm Wicket with regular Energy for C3PO, then Dooku
    - in Squad Arena work on Nute (then Kanan)
    - Work on Chopper in the Cantina Store
    - work on Colonel Starck in Guild Store
    - work on Zeb in the GW store

Should I bother with the Phoenix squad here this early? With the long term play being Thrawn, & eventually SEE. Am I spreading myself too thin & I should focus more on keeping it to Seperatists, Padme synergy, & better Ewoks for C3po? Then eventually lead it up with the GAS route