How is JKL better than GAS???

Replies

• 13jkelly wrote: »
    TheSaint wrote: »
    I have read every comment that all of you posted and especially @13jkelly 's posts,
    So I can safely say that you ( @13jkelly ) are not using your brain at full capacity or just love to post negative claims which have no real evidence to back that up.

Some people in this thread posted a link of your old "complaint" suggesting to nerf GAS but now you suggest to nerf another character, claiming some made up ranks they should be in.

Like some already explained; the way characters are able to get unlocked doesn't really mean they should be superior to another.

Would you play Minecraft online and complain that their diamond pickaxe is mining faster than your wooden pickaxe? Please say no or else I will have to call a special aid service. For you or for me, I am not sure yet.

JKL is "hard" to unlock and should be awarded.

I am sure once you have him in your roster you would speak differently but we will see about that.

Again you and others are not understanding what I’m saying. JKL ONE SHOT GAS. I’m not talking about cup I’m not talking about Jynn erso I’m talking about GAS here. JKL soloed my GAS team. The reason why I have to keep asking for nerfs is because CG is pulling the same crap they always do. It’s not because I lost if that were the case I would be posting every single day.

Their JKL team had all support characters and he was literally soloing my whole team. These type of characters should not have this high of a power threshold. Yeah sure JKL can one shot rose tico, gamorean guard, captain Han Solo whatever. But GAS is on a whole different level here then those characters. And apparently JKL is even on a bigger scale and that is what I disagree with. Malak, GAS, and JKL should all be on the same scale. Enough of this one shotting thing actually make the teams balanced. My SLKR just today again had to do over 500k damage just to take out JKL. This is stupidly insane and believe me I counted up the damage. If they wanted him to be on GL level they should have said something.

How about you make a video and/or share some swgoh.gg links of both teams?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    13jkelly wrote: »
    I don’t understand you CG why the crap is JKL better than GAS. I just put up a GAS team against JKL and JKL one shot GAS and full health and protection. Since when is a legendary character better than epic confrontation character. JKL is so fricking op it’s not even funny.

No matter what a character is, GL, epic confrontation or random character, newer ones will always beat the old ones. Case and point armorer JKL and Jedi Revan can 3 man the SLKR FO team

JKL is newer than Rey and SLKR but he cannot solo them by himself. So your point is not always true.

Um darth revan couldn't solo jkr, jkr couldn't solo traya, not a single meta has been able to solo the previous meta, what you just said makes 0 sense
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Would you be confortable with CUP stronger than 3PO in the game ?

Hmmm. I daresay an Underworld Police Officer from Coruscant would beat C3PO in a 1v1.

But wait a minute! CUP is just a regular character, but 3PO is journey guide! C3PO coudn't beat anyone in a 1v1, why the heck is he harder to get than CUP? Either CUP needs to be buffed so he is better than C3PO, or 3PO needs to be nerfed so he's worse than CUP.

Disclaimer: This is sarcasm and brings nothing to this conversation. Have a nice day

Edit: So I guess, not everything lines up perfectly, which is part of the fun in this game. Some characters/teams work better in different situations, GAS may lose to JKL but it's all about strategy and taking the right team against the right team.

I have teams that can beat JKL. I’m talking about character vs character. JKL did not need help taking out GAS. The way JKL destroyed GAS was like him taking out rose tico it was so easy. I had to do a lot to get GAS and JKL one shoting him is just insane.

GAS is quite an investment but so is JKL. 1v1 isn’t a game mode currently available and the 5v5 matchup can go either way depending on mods and strategy. Seems decently balanced to me.

To some people "balance" means "I win."

I’m not some people. Balance means either can win.

Some people don't deserve to win.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    I don’t understand you CG why the crap is JKL better than GAS. I just put up a GAS team against JKL and JKL one shot GAS and full health and protection. Since when is a legendary character better than epic confrontation character. JKL is so fricking op it’s not even funny.

No matter what a character is, GL, epic confrontation or random character, newer ones will always beat the old ones. Case and point armorer JKL and Jedi Revan can 3 man the SLKR FO team

JKL is newer than Rey and SLKR but he cannot solo them by himself. So your point is not always true.

Um darth revan couldn't solo jkr, jkr couldn't solo traya, not a single meta has been able to solo the previous meta, what you just said makes 0 sense

You said newer characters can beat older characters despite the tier of the character. I gave you an example that JKL cannot beat Rey or SLKR by himself. He most likely needs other top tier characters to do so. The mandalorian beskar probably could not beat the mandalorian bounty hunter. Yet he’s a newer character.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Would you be confortable with CUP stronger than 3PO in the game ?

Hmmm. I daresay an Underworld Police Officer from Coruscant would beat C3PO in a 1v1.

But wait a minute! CUP is just a regular character, but 3PO is journey guide! C3PO coudn't beat anyone in a 1v1, why the heck is he harder to get than CUP? Either CUP needs to be buffed so he is better than C3PO, or 3PO needs to be nerfed so he's worse than CUP.

Disclaimer: This is sarcasm and brings nothing to this conversation. Have a nice day

Edit: So I guess, not everything lines up perfectly, which is part of the fun in this game. Some characters/teams work better in different situations, GAS may lose to JKL but it's all about strategy and taking the right team against the right team.

I have teams that can beat JKL. I’m talking about character vs character. JKL did not need help taking out GAS. The way JKL destroyed GAS was like him taking out rose tico it was so easy. I had to do a lot to get GAS and JKL one shoting him is just insane.

GAS is quite an investment but so is JKL. 1v1 isn’t a game mode currently available and the 5v5 matchup can go either way depending on mods and strategy. Seems decently balanced to me.

To some people "balance" means "I win."

I’m not some people. Balance means either can win.

Some people don't deserve to win.

Why cause I made a complaint? That makes me someone who doesn’t deserve to win? Well excuse me oh holy and righteous one.

You said newer characters can beat older characters despite the tier of the character. I gave you an example that JKL cannot beat Rey or SLKR by himself. He most likely needs other top tier characters to do so. The mandalorian beskar probably could not beat the mandalorian bounty hunter. Yet he’s a newer character.

You said: "Their JKL team had all support characters and he was literally soloing my whole team."

This is impossible. If you "solo", you don't have "support characters" with you, because if you do, it's not a "solo" anymore. Literally.

So let me understand: do you complain that a JKL team beats a GAS team, or do you complain how a JKL team beats a GAS team, which in this case would be by buffing JKL like there is no tomorrow ?

And fiy, a JKL trio with JKR and Armorer can beat down a SLKR team.

• Starslayer wrote: »

You said: "Their JKL team had all support characters and he was literally soloing my whole team."

This is impossible. If you "solo", you don't have "support characters" with you, because if you do, it's not a "solo" anymore. Literally.

So let me understand: do you complain that a JKL team beats a GAS team, or do you complain how a JKL team beats a GAS team, which in this case would be by buffing JKL like there is no tomorrow ?

Ok maybe solo is the wrong word on this case. JKL was doing all the main damage and getting all the kills. It’s as close to a solo as you can get. My complaint is how he beats GAS. He stood no chance. Ones the clones were gone he took one hit and was gone. Not to mention fives sacrificed and buffed the clones and JKL still destroyed them.

Ok maybe solo is the wrong word on this case. JKL was doing all the main damage and getting all the kills. It’s as close to a solo as you can get. My complaint is how he beats GAS. He stood no chance. Ones the clones were gone he took one hit and was gone. Not to mention fives sacrificed and buffed the clones and JKL still destroyed them.

Ok then. It's a squad based game, and it's up to you to organize your squad as you see fit. JKL is an attacker, if you surround him with support characters, it's perfectly normal that he'll do all the damage, and much more than usual.

In your example, GAS wasn't buffed (he doesn't benefit from 5s sacrifice) and went toe-to-toe against an uberbuffed JKL. He brought a knife to a lightsaber duel and got smashed.

You might learn something from your opponent when you get smashed this way and didn't expect it. Almost everyone get smashed now and then by a team he/she didn't expect to be this strong.

If you complain that a JKL squad beats a GAS squad, ok, fair enough. A lot of people disagree, mainly because JKL is a hard unlock (lots of relics needed), but ok, you're obviously entitled to your opinion.
    But if your complain is "how" you got beat, you may need to rethink the way you understand the game, because it's build around this trio: Attacker/Tank/Support. Attackers and Tanks do a job, Support help them do it better. If you field an Attacker with 4 Supports, expect him to do higher damage/go faster/be tankier. It's doesn't always work that way, but that's the main idea. You may not like it, again, opinion, but it supposed to work that way in this game.
  • Still waiting for some video footage and/or team stats.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

I’m guessing here, but with Jedi Will, Masters Training and potentially other buffs (Shaak offense up) combined with Luke’s base kit, leadership and stats (and potentially modded well in this battle) I can easily see one-shotting GAS being possible.
  • 13jkelly
    104 posts Member
    edited February 2021

Ok then. It's a squad based game, and it's up to you to organize your squad as you see fit. JKL is an attacker, if you surround him with support characters, it's perfectly normal that he'll do all the damage, and much more than usual.

In your example, GAS wasn't buffed (he doesn't benefit from 5s sacrifice) and went toe-to-toe against an uberbuffed JKL. He brought a knife to a lightsaber duel and got smashed.

You might learn something from your opponent when you get smashed this way and didn't expect it. Almost everyone get smashed now and then by a team he/she didn't expect to be this strong.

If you complain that a JKL squad beats a GAS squad, ok, fair enough. A lot of people disagree, mainly because JKL is a hard unlock (lots of relics needed), but ok, you're obviously entitled to your opinion.
    But if your complain is "how" you got beat, you may need to rethink the way you understand the game, because it's build around this trio: Attacker/Tank/Support. Attackers and Tanks do a job, Support help them do it better. If you field an Attacker with 4 Supports, expect him to do higher damage/go faster/be tankier. It's doesn't always work that way, but that's the main idea. You may not like it, again, opinion, but it supposed to work that way in this game.

GAS is an attacker as well not to mention he can’t be critically hit when clones are gone plus for every 501st on the field he gets tons of protection. GAS is definitely buffed it seems to me you don’t use GAS that much or you don’t have him. In every way with the two characters this should be an even match. But it wasn’t you act like none of the clones exists and it was just only GAS. The clones are really good under GAS and can do almost as much damage as he can when fives sacrifice. Making them support, tanks, and attackers all at the same time. When they are all dead GAS can’t be critically hit and counters on every hit. JKL wiped out GAS in one hit on a non crit. If you can’t see how OP that is idk what to tell you.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Still waiting for some video footage and/or team stats.

I didn’t video that day.

• Jkl is a character we have no other example of, it's the 2nd character of a hero's journey and the event needs are a testimony to this. Besides that the game never tried go with lore power which is in itself arbitrary. Lastly the release dates of stuff is everything. Newer immediately converts to higher power differential, it always has.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Jkl is a character we have no other example of, it's the 2nd character of a hero's journey and the event needs are a testimony to this. Besides that the game never tried go with lore power which is in itself arbitrary. Lastly the release dates of stuff is everything. Newer immediately converts to higher power differential, it always has.

Edit: GLs aside
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Still waiting for some video footage and/or team stats.

I didn’t video that day.

Then ask a shardmate to set the same JKL team with comparable mods?
    Also, team comps and stats on both teams?
  • Konju wrote: »
    Jkl is a character we have no other example of, it's the 2nd character of a hero's journey and the event needs are a testimony to this. Besides that the game never tried go with lore power which is in itself arbitrary. Lastly the release dates of stuff is everything. Newer immediately converts to higher power differential, it always has.

Edit: GLs aside

Yeah, this is more of a rule of thumb because of the power creep in the game, not a milestone cg tries to abide. We can find other examples when the newest thing wasn't the best (while still being decent), beskar mando and jtr comes to mind. In long stretches of time the new thing is miles ahead of the old thing of the same breed though. Remember incredibly poor state of gmy before the revamp.
  • Read his kit, he's stacking dmg and reduce your max hp/prot.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    sometimes i lose to GAS and sometimes i win against GAS - so what?
    its the same against SLKR
  • I still see no team comps and stats (swgoh.gg links?).
    I still see no team comps and stats (swgoh.gg links?).

Good luck with that. Someone posted this account which is apparently his alt, but we've not seen a swgoh.gg account for him with SLKR or GAS https://swgoh.gg/p/285395777/
    I still see no team comps and stats (swgoh.gg links?).
    Maybe someone can find the ad from when he bought his current account? Because it definitely isn’t the one he started with.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    A gg account should be required to post in the forums at this point.

Actually, a gg account should be required to play the game at this point. Especially with GAC histories on there.
  • TVF wrote: »

Actually, a gg account should be required to play the game at this point. Especially with GAC histories on there.

You can see what any of your opponents did without them having a gg acc. But you're right, that's only a small part of the picture.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

You can see what any of your opponents did without them having a gg acc. But you're right, that's only a small part of the picture.

I am curious, what is available in addition to gg acc that shows GAC history? That sounds extremely helpful.

I am curious, what is available in addition to gg acc that shows GAC history? That sounds extremely helpful.

I meant the gg acc., now you made me doubt it a li'l, but you should be able to see any of your matches even if your opponent doesn't have .gg.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

I meant the gg acc., now you made me doubt it a li'l, but you should be able to see any of your matches even if your opponent doesn't have .gg.

Gotcha yes you can, however you cannot see their history (for prepping defense) and that was where I was coming from. Thanks.

Gotcha yes you can, however you cannot see their history (for prepping defense) and that was where I was coming from. Thanks.

Yeah, also if you suspecting a cheater, what he did in your match will be your only clue. When .gg match contents were first released people were debating this asymmetry often.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Yes that was my point. If anyone's GAC history is viewable, everyone's GAC history should be viewable.

The ability to see everyone's roster in order to knock down these silly complaints and silly claims would just be a bonus.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

Yes that was my point. If anyone's GAC history is viewable, everyone's GAC history should be viewable.

The ability to see everyone's roster in order to knock down these silly complaints and silly claims would just be a bonus.

I don’t disagree with you whatsoever.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

I don’t disagree with you whatsoever.

source.gif