Where are the QoL improvements?

Ravens1113
5215 posts Member
edited February 2021
So before the holidays we were promised QoL improvements to the game. February is almost over which means two months into the year and not a peep about them.

I know conquest is taking up some time but how about some kind of update on the QoL given that we are coming up on TWO YEARS without a single QoL improvement.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Where is, well, everything? We were supposed to get more info in the coming weeks but so far we got three weeks of nothing. The same for the supposed new Q&A. The last new character was Armorer over a month ago. Is "looking into" the horrible raid taking up all their resources?
  • Since the new game mode is the major update of game client, there are some chances that we'll get some QoL with it. At least, it would be logical, but you never know with CG.
  • Hortus wrote: »
    Since the new game mode is the major update of game client, there are some chances that we'll get some QoL with it. At least, it would be logical, but you never know with CG.

Logical and CG?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    And it's buried instead of a reply. Classic.
  • Nauros wrote: »

It's not buried. Read by "Discussions". QOL improved. You're welcome.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »

It's not buried. Read by "Discussions". QOL improved. You're welcome.

Well for some reason Kyno moved it to feedback. This isn’t feedback lol.
    But true, best way is use recent discussion tab after hiding the majority of dev announcements from months ago to get latest posts
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sorry, it seemed your feedback was that it has been too long since the last QoL update and they should put out an update about QoL.

Also, you can dismiss any announcement in any channel, to remove then from the top of that category.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Sorry, it seemed your feedback was that it has been too long since the last QoL update and they should put out an update about QoL.

Also, you can dismiss any announcement in any channel, to remove then from the top of that category.

Ok, if you are so hellbent on putting every thread that even remotely fits into feedback, and you really don't think that it is just thread graveyard, put your megathreads in there too. After all, they are often gathering player reactions to new stuff, which fits there better than a lot of what you move.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

Ok, if you are so hellbent on putting every thread that even remotely fits into feedback, and you really don't think that it is just thread graveyard, put your megathreads in there too. After all, they are often gathering player reactions to new stuff, which fits there better than a lot of what you move.

One of the primary reasons those are there is because they are new topics or things in game.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Where was the qol promise?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

“Early 2021 Plans
    2021 also means more exciting Star Wars characters, more events, quality of life updates and some special surprises.”

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/239115/state-of-the-galaxy-december-2020#latest

Would be nice if we got some kind of update to that
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

“Early 2021 Plans
    2021 also means more exciting Star Wars characters, more events, quality of life updates and some special surprises.”

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/239115/state-of-the-galaxy-december-2020#latest

As with everything they will not make an announcement about anything until it is more real or expected within a certain timeline.

Why they may have this policy about not wanting to do that too early is evident by this thread referencing something stated to be coming in "a year" and a timeline is already being set about when it has been "long enough" to not have an update, but who knows.
  • Kyno wrote: »

“Early 2021 Plans

As with everything they will not make an announcement about anything until it is more real or expected within a certain timeline.

Why they may have this policy about not wanting to do that too early is evident by this thread referencing something stated to be coming in "a year" and a timeline is already being set about when it has been "long enough" to not have an update, but who knows.

“Early 2021 plans”

Denotes in the early part of 2021. After two months it’s fair to ask for an update or something. We have gotten the Armorer in two months. That’s it. Nothing else. We were told last month about conquest coming with more details in coming weeks. Weeks later, still nothing.

I’m sorry i and others except some kind of content or updates after weeks of nothing. Just like expecting some kind of update on the Crancor raid after almost 11 weeks aside from “looking into it”

Imagine thinking waiting multiple months at a time then expecting some updates was seen as unreasonable...ha
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

“Early 2021 Plans

“Early 2021 plans”

Denotes in the early part of 2021. After two months it’s fair to ask for an update or something. We have gotten the Armorer in two months. That’s it. Nothing else. We were told last month about conquest coming with more details in coming weeks. Weeks later, still nothing.

I’m sorry i and others except some kind of content or updates after weeks of nothing. Just like expecting some kind of update on the Crancor raid after almost 11 weeks aside from “looking into it”

Imagine thinking waiting multiple months at a time then expecting some updates was seen as unreasonable...ha

If you look at the wording, that last segment(as you quoted), 2021 also means..., which would actually denote that it is a part of the 2021 plans and not necessarily connected to the early year plans.

And we have gotten updates and explanations as to why they are not announcing anything, so that expectation could be a little unwarranted or at least reduced after the examination was given.

Expecting them is understandable, but so is having the understanding that they are not just "not updating" and that they will update when they have something to say, that is backed by whatever they need to have to talk about the content/update.

“Early 2021 Plans

“Early 2021 plans”

If you look at the wording, that last segment(as you quoted), 2021 also means..., which would actually denote that it is a part of the 2021 plans and not necessarily connected to the early year plans.

And we have gotten updates and explanations as to why they are not announcing anything, so that expectation could be a little unwarranted or at least reduced after the examination was given.

Expecting them is understandable, but so is having the understanding that they are not just "not updating" and that they will update when they have something to say, that is backed by whatever they need to have to talk about the content/update.

Cool so back to the method of radio silence for weeks or months at a time when it comes to game content. I mean it hasn’t been two years since we got QoL updates or anything. Why should they have any idea what they’re gonna do for those or have any intention of discussing it with us. Hmmm.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

“Early 2021 Plans

“Early 2021 plans”

Cool so back to the method of radio silence for weeks or months at a time when it comes to game content. I mean it hasn’t been two years since we got QoL updates or anything. Why should they have any idea what they’re gonna do for those or have any intention of discussing it with us. Hmmm.

When they are certain about what will be included I'm sure they will make an announcement, kind of like Doja has been explaining.

“Early 2021 Plans

“Early 2021 plans”

When they are certain about what will be included I'm sure they will make an announcement, kind of like Doja has been explaining.

Oh I know what Doja has been telling us. That doesn’t mean that it’s an ok practice by CG to basically go radio silent for weeks or months at a time regarding content. Frankly it’s not ok at the current rate which they’re releasing content actually. Two months and just the Armorer. Wooooo, what an ocean
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

“Early 2021 Plans

“Early 2021 plans”

Oh I know what Doja has been telling us. That doesn’t mean that it’s an ok practice by CG to basically go radio silent for weeks or months at a time regarding content. Frankly it’s not ok at the current rate which they’re releasing content actually. Two months and just the Armorer. Wooooo, what an ocean

To be fair, ocean was a 2020 expectation. As far as I know they have made no aquatic expectation proclamations for 2021.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

“Early 2021 Plans

“Early 2021 plans”

Enjoy Conquest. I'm sure you'll claim it doesn't count though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

“Early 2021 Plans

“Early 2021 plans”

Enjoy Conquest. I'm sure you'll claim it doesn't count though.

Have they released conquest yet? Have we gotten any information on it since the RA? Do we even know when it’s coming out?

When it’s actually out I can count it as content released, but until then...it’s not :). Thanks for the subjective input though.