Newish Player (Level 68) needs some sort of guidance

Replies

• At least I did the T3 credit heist.

Excellent!

As for Fleet Store, besides Vader, Grievous & TIE adv x1, I would go
    • Slave 1 (mandatory ship and only other regular source is Fleet Battles which have more important toons/ships)
    • Phantom II (exclusive to Fleet Store until level 85, after level 85 if you still don't have it finished, you can stop spending on it here & just get it from farming its node)
    • Ghost (same as Phantom II)
    • Chirrut Imwe (exclusive to Fleet Store + rare in events)
    • Rex's ARC-170 (exclusive to Fleet Store)
    • Bistan's U-Wing / Scimitar (similar priority, you choose the order)
    • Ahsoka (Fulcrum) (exclusive to Fleet Store)

As a last toon to buy here, I would add Plo Koon. He's important to get because his ship is so necessary, but you don't actually have to have him at 7* or at high gear. (All the real work of PK's ship is done by his reinforcement ability) PK up to 4* to get his ship functional is all you need. After that, I'd skip PK shards here in favor of Zeta mats. You can and will get PK shards from Cantina nodes later, it's just that right now there are so many cantina farms & PK's ship can help so much, I would probably use Fleet Tokens to unlock him.

Exactly where he comes in priority is flexible, but I look at it like this: pretty soon you'll be done farming the Geo ships in GW Store (it doesn't feel like that, but these things are relative). The next farms there are the rare ones, not because they're always the most important, but because they show up so rarely if you don't buy them when they show up, someday you'll realize you need them & it will take 6 months or more of waiting to get them.

BUT the rare ships won't eat up all your tokens (because they're rare, right), so you'll start building up an excess of GW tokens & that's when you start buying other ships. One of those will be PK's ship. As soon as PK's ship is 5*, you should use Fleet Tokens to unlock PK if he's not unlocked already. He goes to the top of this priority list when (and only when)
    1. his ship is 5*
    2. PK is not unlocked OR PK is less than 4*

Otherwise you can get PK from other sources. I'm hoping you'll just get a full PK in your Bronziums once or twice and you won't need him here at all.

• So the Phoenix Ships are still relevant?
    Because I didn't really invest in Phoenix - I only have Ezra at 4*, using him as Jedi

I heard about the importance of Plo Koon - luckily i get some of his shards now and then in the Bronziums
    (got 80 Bonus shards for Daka though, which helps finishing her farm - and today I got 80 Boba, which went straight to shard store)
    But thanks for explaining the detail, how to use the PK farm effectively
  • Phoenix ships are still relevant in GAC and TW where you need (at least, later it's more) 1 fleet for defense & 1 for offense.

But if you don't have Phoenix up & running, I would just bump the Phoenix ships down the priority list until either
    1. You hit level 85 (when they fall off the list entirely, b/c now you can farm them with regular energy)

or
    2. You get all 6 Phoenix unlocked, 5* and either at g8 or you know you'll have the last couple to g8 soon. I that case, you can grab some Phoenix ship blueprints in the Fleet Store until you turn level 85.

It's not that important, but ship drop rates haven't doubled, so farming a ship from scratch on a 20-energy node just 5 attempts / day is going to take a long time. (1.6 blueprints/day = 200 days for 320 blueprints). With 2 ships, that's a 200-energy drain on your other farms for 6.5 - 7 months. Most people want to speed it up some, but you don't have to. The Geos are going to be your primary fleet for a good, long while.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Nec_Azares wrote: »
    And any tips for credit heist Tier 3 - could really use the money ;)

It will be worth the investment to build your Boba Fett (skills, gear, level, mods) early on even though he's not otherwise your main focus. The faster you start to complete tier 3 the more credits you gain.
    Also?

You should NOT farm Geo ships in Fleet Store. They go very quickly in the Galactic War Store, which uses a much less valuable currency.

I disagree. OP should go all-in on farming Geonosian ships (even from fleet store) since they need them to stay just inside top-50 in fleet arena.

• Investing in Boba lost my a little over 1mil, but I got 1,5mil in return and next time, the credit heist shows up, i know, that I can do T3, and maybe then it could even be 3*, so it's a full win situation. So yes, it was worth it.

Another question, what should I do in shard store? just saving, or getting more gear out of it? I heard getting Grievious shards from shard store is just bad
  • Nec_Azares wrote: »
    Investing in Boba lost my a little over 1mil, but I got 1,5mil in return and next time, the credit heist shows up, i know, that I can do T3, and maybe then it could even be 3*, so it's a full win situation. So yes, it was worth it.

Another question, what should I do in shard store? just saving, or getting more gear out of it? I heard getting Grievious shards from shard store is just bad

Save for mk5 stun guns.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • TheChild_eats_eggs1
    1459 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Waqui wrote: »
    And any tips for credit heist Tier 3 - could really use the money ;)

It will be worth the investment to build your Boba Fett (skills, gear, level, mods) early on even though he's not otherwise your main focus. The faster you start to complete tier 3 the more credits you gain.
    Also?

You should NOT farm Geo ships in Fleet Store. They go very quickly in the Galactic War Store, which uses a much less valuable currency.

I disagree. OP should go all-in on farming Geonosian ships (even from fleet store) since they need them to stay just inside top-50 in fleet arena.

I think that currently focusing on geo ships in gw store only is okay. Honestly though, I disagree with MasterSeedy about Sun Fac's ship. Only that. Sun Fac's ship needs to be high stars to decently tank. And Sun Fac rarely drops in GW store, so it is almost definitely worth doing him in the fleet store.
  • Nec_Azares
    82 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Yesterday I did the 5* unlock for GMY, just by keeping Old Ben and Mace Windu at 5* Lvl1 and doing the event with Bas, Anakin, Ahsoka
    Should I start investing in him right now, and fitting him into my Jedi Team - maybe instead of Ezra?
    But sooner or later I will need to invest in another Jedi to get GMY to 7* - I thought Old Ben would be the more worthy investment because I will need him for CLS later. So the GMY 7* team would then be:
    Bastila, Jolee, Ahsoka, Anakin, Old Ben

or I'll wait until Level 85, and first unlock Padme, then JKR and with JKR I get GMY to 7*?
    Maybe GMY at 5* will nevertheless be a good addition and an investment I will keep for all the time, while Ezra would be benched later and only used for Thrawn unlock?

Another thing: I didn't get any Slave I Shards in Fleet Store so far?!
    Yesterday I did the 5* unlock for GMY, just by keeping Old Ben and Mace Windu at 5* Lvl1 and doing the event with Bas, Anakin, Ahsoka
    Should I start investing in him right now, and fitting him into my Jedi Team - maybe instead of Ezra?
    But sooner or later I will need to invest in another Jedi to get GMY to 7* - I thought Old Ben would be the more worthy investment because I will need him for CLS later. So the GMY 7* team would then be:
    Bastila, Jolee, Ahsoka, Anakin, Old Ben

or I'll wait until Level 85, and first unlock Padme, then JKR and with JKR I get GMY to 7*?
    Maybe GMY at 5* will nevertheless be a good addition and an investment I will keep for all the time, while Ezra would be benched later and only used for Thrawn unlock?

While you wait to reach lvl 84 to apply Jolee zeta, you can have Bastila L, GMY, Ezra, Anakin, Ahsoka. Once you zeta Jolee, take out Ezra or Ahsoka (or Anakin when you get Padmé).
    wrote:
    Another thing: I didn't get any Slave I Shards in Fleet Store so far?!

Surprising. It should be 2nd ship slot often. I’ll check that
  • Actually I must be lucky

57i3lson9rl8.png
  • So I will put some ressource into GMY - gear 7 or 8 will do it for now, mainly for GW?
    Most of the time my Jedi do the main work in GW, because of their protection recovery - Nute + Bugs get drained down the road and only have the option to slot in Ahsoka for recovery

At least my ship get there slowly - Spy is 1 shard away from 5*, Ahsoka is on pause atm 4*, Sun Fac is ok for his low rate, and I should be able to 5* him at least until lvl78 - Vulture is a PitA right now
    Tie X1 is rare as we know, but I do get GG shards a lot, and some Vader shards
    Hopefully some ships open up until Zeta farm.

Lately its getting hard to stay in Top50 in FleetArena - seems like everyone and their sister is getting much more fleet farm done and has about 10 to 20k GP more than me
    So I will put some ressource into GMY - gear 7 or 8 will do it for now, mainly for GW?
    Most of the time my Jedi do the main work in GW, because of their protection recovery - Nute + Bugs get drained down the road and only have the option to slot in Ahsoka for recovery

At least my ship get there slowly - Spy is 1 shard away from 5*, Ahsoka is on pause atm 4*, Sun Fac is ok for his low rate, and I should be able to 5* him at least until lvl78 - Vulture is a PitA right now
    Tie X1 is rare as we know, but I do get GG shards a lot, and some Vader shards
    Hopefully some ships open up until Zeta farm.

Lately its getting hard to stay in Top50 in FleetArena - seems like everyone and their sister is getting much more fleet farm done and has about 10 to 20k GP more than me

That's surprising. Send you're top ten, and what you usually see in Fleet Arena. Are you in a shard chat yet?
  • It's mostly the same enemies between 40-50

Some Slave 1, lots of Silencer, sometimes Phoenix

No I'm in no shard chat - how does it usually work? Is there some kind of invite?
  • Yeah, there's usually some invite.

it's also typically started by and run for the benefit of the people in the top 10 or top 20, though on some shards it's open to way more people than that, sometimes as many as the top 100.

That said, you can also look up others' ally codes and then send them an in-game chat message asking if there's a shard chat for fleet. Most shard chats are cool with people asking to join. Just because that's the way it usually happens doesn't mean it's bad to ask.

The main purpose of the shard chat is to find out who has a payout time near yours so that when you have to start fighting your way up an hour or a couple hours before payout, you don't stomp someone who has the same or a closer payout, and they don't stomp you knowing that, even if this isn't your payout hour, this is the time of day you have to start moving up.

By only fighting people who have already gotten their payout for the day, the maximum number of people can get the maximum rewards. After all, so long as I'm #1 at my payout time, it doesn't hurt me if there are 23 other people who take #1 by turns, each in their own time zone.

As a result, sometimes there's an additional function for shard chat where people knowingly set up an easier team to beat for the people who come after them. If you have 2 Fleet Arena attempts left at the end of the day after taking #1, you can put in an easier fleet 5 minutes after your payout, let someone kill you, then put back in your full-power fleet once you're out of the way of the next group of people who want a turn at #1.

Oh, and then in rare cases there is also some favor-trading for GAC feats. I've done the GAC feat where you have to win a Fleet Arena battle without using a reinforcement both ways (back before everyone had Nego & Malevolence, I could use my then-meta Rebels to get an overwhelming advantage before it was time to call a reinforcement, then fight to the finish with what I had), and whenever someone sends me a message asking me to put in an easy fleet for them to get the GAC feat, I always reply. It's just the decent thing to do.
  • As for the people that are in front of you by a lot?

Those are people who purchased the Hyperdrive Bundle. Anyone who is level 85 while everyone else is low-70s obviously skipped a lot of the slow work of leveling up. The only way to do that is the Hyperdrive Bundle.

The thing with HB, though, is that you're going to catch up to those people, I promise. The people taking first are getting a crystal advantage now, and that's going to be hard to overcome, but you will overcome it over time. Ships are an area where there's only so good your fleet can be. Get your fleet sufficiently developed and your limiting factor won't be whether or not you can beat those other squads (you'll be able to do that just fine) it will be how many people see you as the easiest target when they are moving up. If you get attacked a lot overnight, you might start your daily climb from ~50th instead of around ~12th. The individual fights won't be harder, but it will take more time, more work, more fights to get all the way to #1 if you start down around 50.

As a result, some people will give up & be happy with anything in the 20-50 range. If you play consistently, you'll eventually get ahead of those people, and since they're content with where they are, they'll stop attacking those ahead of them. That's when someone who puts in the time & effort starts finishing in the top 15 or so, then you stop falling as far, so you get to the top 10 or so, then you get good at fighting the best fleets and finish in the top 5. And trust me, if you can finish top5, eventually you'll be finishing #1 every day. It takes some time to get there, and it's no fun having the weakest fleet so that you have the farthest to climb every day, but you'll still get there.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Remember to develop you crew members. Whatever increases their crew power increases the power of your ships. Several of your crew members have fallen behind. F.ex. remember to upgrade their abilities. Even the abilities of your geonosians which you use in squad arena aren't at max level for their level. More importantly your fleet commander is far behind. You want your capital ship to move early and to reach the ultimate faster - especially when fighting other Executrix es.

• I tried to search for ally codes of players in the Top 10 in swgoh and couldn't find a single one 🤦🏻‍♂️

Working on it right now - thanks
    I kept so many skills so low, because I couldn't decide, what's the priority other than obvious ones like Nute's lead etc.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I tried to search for ally codes of players in the Top 10 in swgoh and couldn't find a single one 🤦🏻‍♂️

Working on it right now - thanks
    I kept so many skills so low, because I couldn't decide, what's the priority other than obvious ones like Nute's lead etc.

It's worth it to upgrade their abilities. You use your Geonosian pilots in both fleet arena and squad arena. They are your bread and butter currently.
  • So just upgrade everything on Geos?

And Jedi just the basic attacks? All but Bastila?
  • Yeah, Geos up to level 7 (everything but Omega) on **everything**

Jedi up to level 7 on basic attacks, for sure.

Although this last point is debatable, I wouldn't give an Omega to any basic attacks that provide a flat +% damage when you hit level 76. I'd wait until level 78 when you can start giving Omegas to special abilities and leadership abilities that will have more impact on your success.

Again, that strategy is debatable, and if you have other basic attacks at level 76 that provide some better benefit than just a +% to damage (Ahsoka has a good Omega on her basic for example) then you might drop one on her as soon as her character is at level 76. I'll also grant that if you have enough Omegas lying around, using up 15 to Omega all your Geos might be worth it just because it further improves your ships.

I'm not sure there's a good "no basics except for X" rule that I could spell out easily, but just ... be careful about how many Omegas you spend on basics when you have level 78 and level 80 coming up with more important powers that you might want to max.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    So just upgrade everything on Geos?

And Jedi just the basic attacks? All but Bastila?

Everything on your Geonosian pilots, yes, but don't upgrade Poggle's leadership ability until you need it (f.ex. for DS TB on Geonosis)

And upgrade all abilities on Ahsoka, JK Anakin, GM Yoda, Jolee and Bastilla since you use them to complete GW and you want to do it eventually, anyway. Don't use omegas on Ezra yet. He has limited use

• @Nec_Azares Also I prioritized the Hive Mind Bonus abilities as it helps my Geo team (and yours when you get GBA)
  • Nec_Azares
    82 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    How much should I invest into Ezra?

He is only really needed for Thrawn. Maybe helps with Palpatine

For GMY I was thinking about Old Ben, who I will need anyway with Rebels for Palps
    And I got a lot of Mace Windu shards out of Bronziums
    So I thought of only putting Old Ben and Windu at 7* without Levels, Gear and Mods. GMY is maybe doable with Ahsoka, Bastila, Anakin?
    Like JKR is doable without investing into Zaalbar and T3 other than stars

GMY is such a powerhouse for my GW team

But also I need the right timing, when to invest in Phoenix to get an Empire Team and so on
    How much should I invest into Ezra?

He is only really needed for Thrawn. Maybe helps with Palpatine

For GMY I was thinking about Old Ben, who I will need anyway with Rebels for Palps
    And I got a lot of Mace Windu shards out of Bronziums
    So I thought of only putting Old Ben and Windu at 7* without Levels, Gear and Mods. GMY is maybe doable with Ahsoka, Bastila, Anakin?
    Like JKR is doable without investing into Zaalbar and T3 other than stars

GMY is such a powerhouse for my GW team

But also I need the right timing, when to invest in Phoenix to get an Empire Team and so on

Phoenix is needed for Thrawn and Phoenix is a great team for Palp.

Mace if farmed from Bronziums can be a filler slot (GMY is an easy event).

Ezra is worth g10 for Thrawn, and more if you use him on your Jedi team (When you get Padme, until you get JKR, I'd use Bastila, Ezra, GMY, Jolee +Hoda/OB).

What are you GET1 farming? If Hoda, after unlock, get on par with your other Jedi, as he helps MASSIVELY (Bastila ARE NOT a geo counter, but at my stage, my GMY is modded COMPLETELY FOR OFFENSE, so with Hoda's Grand Master's Training, I can keep tapping at GBA, utalise the h&p equalisation, and eventually 1-hit with GMY's 2nd special).

Don't think 'who for GMY?'. Think: Padme team -- GK, Ahsoka, JKA; JKR -- himself, Bastila, Jolee; Palp&Thrawn -- Ezra, Kanan; CLS -- OB. You have here 9 options!! And people like Mace for you through Bronziums. As you play, you will automatically have your reqs for GMY.

Also, are you spreading yourself too thin? You have your Geo farming (+nute) complete I think. And your Padme team is JKA ?*, Ahsoka 7*, Kenobi how close to unlock??. Who are you wanting as a 5th. Going for JKR means GMY is going to go there, so r2 or 3po or another DECENT GR Jedi (I'm using Shaak Ti atm + R2 as I don't have JKA as he wasn't in my focus and got Padme from developing my Geos for GAC). Sorry if I repeat questions as I am busy usually preparing for exams.

You are also concentrating on Palp and Thrawn, even going to CLS (OB). So that is too many things. Send your current farming plan, and what the current teams you're farming are.
  • Oh I missed the last line. Do you know how to add a signature. I believe it's in the account settings page (not on mobile version). If you put your swgoh.gg link there, it would help as it takes time to find it in here.
  • Currently my farms are:

Normal Energy:
    Anakin
    Jolee
    Zaalbar
    Vulture
    Jango/HT

Rest goes to Stun Cuffs for Spy G9

Cantina:
    T3

Fleet:
    Zaalbar
    Bastila
    ETA
    Spare for SF ship and Slave 1

Cantina Store:
    Daka, close to finished

GW Store:
    Geo Ships

SA Store:
    Asajj, close to finished

Guild Store:
    Dengar, close to finished
    Logray
    Have a lot of Guild Tokens save though

Fleet Store:
    Keeping 2k at least
    X1
    Sun Fac
    Vader
    GG
    If I'm over 3k which happens a lot, I get some Geo ships

GET1:
    Nothing so far

GK is at 49/145

I'm thinking on Empire, CLS, etc because I think how they could help me sooner or later

My Ezra is only 4* right now, with g5 or 6, which doesn't help me a lot rn

I will change Sig tomorrow, when I'm at my PC again
  • I think I'll get R2 first for Padme - 3po is a long Ewok farm and R2 is useable later for CLS

Shaak Ti is maybe an Option later with clones and going towards GAS
  • How many guild tokens saved? And how many do u earn per week.
  • 5k Guild Tokens
    5.6k GET1

Don't know exactly may be 3 to 4k?!