Do you have to buy cantina refreshes for Gl farms?

2smooth
572 posts Member
edited February 2021
I currently have 4 toons that I need to get to g13. 1 At r7 rest mostly r1 or r2.

I have not been refreshing cantina. I’m wondering if I will need to in order to keep pace and not wind up stuck waiting for relic material.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• What is your stash looking like?
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    It depends on your perception of pace. You’ll never keep up with whales.
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I’m finding that I can just about keep pace with my own demand by alternating between one and two cantina refreshes per day - just about to unlock my third GL tomorrow and I will have enough to R7 immediately, but there is no stockpile built up beyond that.

As always, personal mileage will vary depending on the usual suspects, the better you and your guild perform in other game modes, generally the higher demand you will have for relic materials.

Things like:
    Spending habits/crystal income from arenas.
    Raid frequency and in particular average reward placement in STR.
    GAC performance.
    Guild TW/TB performance
    Galactic Challenge performance.
    Assault Battle performance (this one is actually a bit of an outlier, as the more Challenge Tiers 2 and 3 you can clear, the less you will need to rely on Cantina farming).
    Post edited by TheJEFFtm on
  • TaTaKaS wrote: »
    What is your stash looking like?

I don’t have a stash I wasted material taking a few toons to r5 for a raid.

I have saved enough for one r2 to r3 upgrade in last few days.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    2smooth wrote: »
    TaTaKaS wrote: »
    What is your stash looking like?

I don’t have a stash I wasted material taking a few toons to r5 for a raid.

I have saved enough for one r2 to r3 upgrade in last few days.

Then you will want to keep doing at least 1 refresh a day to help build a little buffer. Without that you will likely be waiting on those mats when youngwt to that point.
  • Cantina gives the funny Crystal's for relics. If all you are doing is that, those come pretty quick. Realistically I think you can R0 to R5 in 1 to 2 weeks of no crystal refreshes. So four toons is 1 to 2 months. It isn't bad
  • Cantina gives the funny Crystal's for relics. If all you are doing is that, those come pretty quick. Realistically I think you can R0 to R5 in 1 to 2 weeks of no crystal refreshes. So four toons is 1 to 2 months. It isn't bad

yeah I cant wait that long as I hope to finish getting last 4 toons to relic In a few weeks. In total I need to upgrade 7 toons from r1 to r5 and 2 to r7. I’m going to start at least 1 refresh because it seems I’m behind

• 2smooth wrote: »
    Cantina gives the funny Crystal's for relics. If all you are doing is that, those come pretty quick. Realistically I think you can R0 to R5 in 1 to 2 weeks of no crystal refreshes. So four toons is 1 to 2 months. It isn't bad

yeah I cant wait that long as I hope to finish getting last 4 toons to relic In a few weeks. In total I need to upgrade 7 toons from r1 to r5 and 2 to r7. I’m going to start at least 1 refresh because it seems I’m behind

It sounds like your timeline is to unlock the GL ASAP.

The first 3 refreshes all cost the same. I’d suggest doing all 3 for a bit until you feel like you’re aligned with your preferred timeline.

If doing 3/day is getting you there “too fast” for your farming, you could always just cut it back at that point and the cost will even out.
    3x 100 crystals x 7 days = 1 x 100 crystals x 21 days.
  • i do the cantina refreshes 3x always on sunday&monday and tuesday&wednesday as soon as the guild quest changes. So i normally get to place 1-3 for guildquest twice in the week. that helps a tiny bit ;)