Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Is their new game taking away talent and resources? Dunno, but it sure seems that way.

Feel like I've seen this question as long as I've been here.

It takes years to build a mobile game from what I have seen, so the question is still valid.

Considering this has been answered....is it?

I missed said answer, please provide it for me.

Let's just say for the sake of the argument that you correct, what is the hold up for content then?

CG moves to a big and shiny new studio, which would make it seem like the studio is expanding ( I think I heard something about expanding, can't remember)....CG updated the Unity engine....CG said, "ocean of characters and ships" over a year ago....is 9 characters, 4 ships and GC's an "ocean"?

Is it unreasonable to ask to have some answers about this? Is the community not allowed to hold CG to their own words?

What would you call CG promising something, not delivering it, not only not saying anything about it but actively ignoring the community by shutting down the Q&A's....great customer service?

There has to be a reason why they have not delivered what was stated over a year ago, and I believe the community deserves to know what that reason is.....especially since there is real money in the mix.

I still would love to see that answer BTW Kyno

yeah I spent more time than I should have on my lunch break yesterday. I could have sworn they said that, and it may have been in one of the audio interviews they did around that time, but I didn't have time to find my notes from back then.

Ok, fair enough. Dont waste any more time on it.

What about the other points?

I think there is a lot of background that went into the update and this ended up slowing content creation. I also believe there were some initial issues with the tools that didn't quite land them where they expected and that caused more lul than anyone wanted.

I think there is a difference between trying to hold them to their word, providing constructive feedback and the bashing many try to give them.

I think that Crumb being the only one on the comms team was not helpful to a situation and they are doing their best to resolve that now, and that even with 2 of them there is some misunderstanding that this is the only thing they are doing/in charge of. I also think its a bit misguided to say they shut Q&As down to "actively ignore" the community, or to say they "actively ignore" the community at all.

I think it would be great if they were to speak more openly about things, but no i do not expect them to on that topic or think that would change/add anything.

Ok, I will work on speaking more openly about things.

You stated the problem quite clearly..."You think", which means they have yet to say any official reason, or talk at all about the lack of content when we are supposed to be drowning in an "ocean". I just want them to be open and talk to us about the things that matter.

One question though, Why is it misguided to think that they are not actively ignoring the community when they shut down pretty much the only way for the community to interact with the dev team, without so much as a reason why? We have plenty of Q&A's before Doja was added to the comms team. So what are we supposed to think when we have had no Q&A's in getting close to a year.....again with no stated reason on why they killed them....even though many people have asked....that, to me, is actively ignoring.

or I say "think" as a way to convey a sentiment based on what I "may or may not know" due to other reasons I can't say

it would be misguided to say they actively ignore the community because I know for 100% certainty that they do not, and they have stated on multiple occasions they are listening. I agree they do not speak out as often as we would all like, but that doesn't mean they are not listening and using said feedback as they develop things.

thats fine that you want to put such a negative and malicious intent behind what has happened, I dont think anyone will convince you otherwise, but that still doesn't make you correct. They are listening, and even working on things that they do not actively talk about based on that feedback.

So why did the Q&As just suddenly stop happening? If they didn't think it was productive, they could have and should have said so. If they decided the format wasn't ideal, they could have and should have said so. Instead we just got radio silence from them before we got a comment from you that Crumb was "working on a new format", which I believe was back in July, and absolutely nothing has come of it yet.

I actually enjoyed the Q&As, because even if I didn't like all the answers, it was cool getting some insight into what goes on behind the scenes. I'm hoping that Doja's new thing to replace Q&As will be even better, but that still doesn't explain why we haven't had one since April last year with absolutely no peep from them until Doja confirmed his new thing a few weeks ago
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is their new game taking away talent and resources? Dunno, but it sure seems that way.

It takes years to build a mobile game from what I have seen, so the question is still valid.

Let's just say for the sake of the argument that you correct, what is the hold up for content then?

CG moves to a big and shiny new studio, which would make it seem like the studio is expanding ( I think I heard something about expanding, can't remember)....CG updated the Unity engine....CG said, "ocean of characters and ships" over a year ago....is 9 characters, 4 ships and GC's an "ocean"?

Is it unreasonable to ask to have some answers about this? Is the community not allowed to hold CG to their own words?

What would you call CG promising something, not delivering it, not only not saying anything about it but actively ignoring the community by shutting down the Q&A's....great customer service?

There has to be a reason why they have not delivered what was stated over a year ago, and I believe the community deserves to know what that reason is.....especially since there is real money in the mix.

yeah I spent more time than I should have on my lunch break yesterday. I could have sworn they said that, and it may have been in one of the audio interviews they did around that time, but I didn't have time to find my notes from back then.

I think there is a lot of background that went into the update and this ended up slowing content creation. I also believe there were some initial issues with the tools that didn't quite land them where they expected and that caused more lul than anyone wanted.

I think there is a difference between trying to hold them to their word, providing constructive feedback and the bashing many try to give them.

I think that Crumb being the only one on the comms team was not helpful to a situation and they are doing their best to resolve that now, and that even with 2 of them there is some misunderstanding that this is the only thing they are doing/in charge of. I also think its a bit misguided to say they shut Q&As down to "actively ignore" the community, or to say they "actively ignore" the community at all.

I think it would be great if they were to speak more openly about things, but no i do not expect them to on that topic or think that would change/add anything.

You stated the problem quite clearly..."You think", which means they have yet to say any official reason, or talk at all about the lack of content when we are supposed to be drowning in an "ocean". I just want them to be open and talk to us about the things that matter.

One question though, Why is it misguided to think that they are not actively ignoring the community when they shut down pretty much the only way for the community to interact with the dev team, without so much as a reason why? We have plenty of Q&A's before Doja was added to the comms team. So what are we supposed to think when we have had no Q&A's in getting close to a year.....again with no stated reason on why they killed them....even though many people have asked....that, to me, is actively ignoring.

or I say "think" as a way to convey a sentiment based on what I "may or may not know" due to other reasons I can't say

it would be misguided to say they actively ignore the community because I know for 100% certainty that they do not, and they have stated on multiple occasions they are listening. I agree they do not speak out as often as we would all like, but that doesn't mean they are not listening and using said feedback as they develop things.

thats fine that you want to put such a negative and malicious intent behind what has happened, I dont think anyone will convince you otherwise, but that still doesn't make you correct. They are listening, and even working on things that they do not actively talk about based on that feedback.

So why did the Q&As just suddenly stop happening? If they didn't think it was productive, they could have and should have said so. If they decided the format wasn't ideal, they could have and should have said so. Instead we just got radio silence from them before we got a comment from you that Crumb was "working on a new format", which I believe was back in July, and absolutely nothing has come of it yet.

I actually enjoyed the Q&As, because even if I didn't like all the answers, it was cool getting some insight into what goes on behind the scenes. I'm hoping that Doja's new thing to replace Q&As will be even better, but that still doesn't explain why we haven't had one since April last year with absolutely no peep from them until Doja confirmed his new thing a few weeks ago

that sounds like a great question for a QA.

I wish I could answer, but I cannot, other than to say there was no malicious intent behind the stoppage, and from my very limited understanding of the situation it was too much work for any one person to be managing, even one as great as Crumb.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Yeah, Q&A is definitely not fit for one person, its best if people from multiple departments got together like they did in the past
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

thats fine that you want to put such a negative and malicious intent behind what has happened, I don't think anyone will convince you otherwise, but that still doesn't make you correct. They are listening, and even working on things that they do not actively talk about based on that feedback.

Not being negative, just pointing out issues that I see. Is it wrong of me to point out that they have said X...not delivered X, nor said anything about why X didn't happen? This has happened a plethora (El Guapo anyone??) of times, so, despite you saying they are listening, one could reasonably conclude that they are not.

Here is just one for instance:
    No stated reason why the Q&A's died despite many people asking about it?

• Kyno wrote: »

that sounds like a great question for a QA.

I wish I could answer, but I cannot, other than to say there was no malicious intent behind the stoppage, and from my very limited understanding of the situation it was too much work for any one person to be managing, even one as great as Crumb.

That's fair, I don't blame Crumb for this and I won't say that there was some malicious intent, but I still find it quite absurd that the "monthly" Q&A can just stop for almost a full year without anyone at CG saying anything. In any case I look forward to asking this question in Doja's new Q&A, which hopefully is coming soon.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah, Q&A is definitely not fit for one person, its best if people from multiple departments got together like they did in the past

For sure. The range of questions that get asked span way more than one person's specialty. So, providing answers takes collaboration and preparation across departments. Art, design, etc are all just as busy as Crumb and I are, so finding a time to get everyone together in the same moment was proving difficult at best.

So, we will have a new way of trying to answer community questions while allowing for more flexibility internally, and presenting the answers in what I hope will be a more engaging and fun way for the players. We likely won't be able to get to as many questions per session as we did in the past, but the new format will likely occur more frequently.

I've been chasing down answers to some of the questions posted in the Solicitation for Topics thread and those will be presented via the new format. Hopefully we'll have more details and an official announcement on this in the coming weeks.

For sure. The range of questions that get asked span way more than one person's specialty. So, providing answers takes collaboration and preparation across departments. Art, design, etc are all just as busy as Crumb and I are, so finding a time to get everyone together in the same moment was proving difficult at best.

So, we will have a new way of trying to answer community questions while allowing for more flexibility internally, and presenting the answers in what I hope will be a more engaging and fun way for the players. We likely won't be able to get to as many questions per session as we did in the past, but the new format will likely occur more frequently.

I've been chasing down answers to some of the questions posted in the Solicitation for Topics thread and those will be presented via the new format. Hopefully we'll have more details and an official announcement on this in the coming weeks.

Well it would be pretty difficult for it to occur less frequently than the 10 month gap since the last Q&A...

I'm just joking, really excited to see what you have in store for us! I have a ton of questions that I'd love to see answers to, and I'm eagerly awaiting the chance to ask them

Thanks Doja, sounds cool.

Thank you for addressing the Q&A question and I look forward to this new format. Let the past die, kill it if had to. Lets move on toward a great new era of communication and community interaction!
  • RTS
    682 posts Member
    I want KAM, PLEASE! 😂

why? he's not particularly good from what I'm hearing of ppl who have him.

He basically takes a 2nd Jedi team from "meh" to 'solid'. Not JKL/JMLS/GAS worthy, but solid enough to possibly be a good cleanup/defense team, especially if modded properly in terms of adding on IGD.
  • So as you all know we haven’t gotten any meaningful information since the road ahead. In said Road Ahead, we were told we would get information in the coming weeks before the event. I’m not bashing CG, but am curious what’s going on. What are your thoughts? So you think conquest will release in February
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    My guess (which this absolutely is a guess) would be March. We are near halfway through February and haven’t received more communication yet and the event was supposed to follow said communication. I’m not in a hurry to rush them, I would much rather they get this right upon release.
  • So as you all know we haven’t gotten any meaningful information since the road ahead. In said Road Ahead, we were told we would get information in the coming weeks before the event. I’m not bashing CG, but am curious what’s going on. What are your thoughts? So you think conquest will release in February

Not a chance
  • Does anyone think conquest will have exclusive character unlocks? That’s what I’m hoping for 😂
  • I'm hoping for more information on when the event is dropping etc. A date would had been nice.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Looooki wrote: »
    I'm hoping for more information on when the event is dropping etc. A date would had been nice.

A fair few more assets appeared in last week's data mine. I believe they have an interview with the GWR Podcast on Friday.
    Also, Doja said more info was hopefully coming this week during his adventures on Discord. Can't be too far away.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    I'm hoping for more information on when the event is dropping etc. A date would had been nice.

A fair few more assets appeared in last week's data mine. I believe they have an interview with the GWR Podcast on Friday.
    Also, Doja said more info was hopefully coming this week during his adventures on Discord. Can't be too far away.

yeah....more GWR....hooray.....please do a video interview with one of the YouTubers...anyone of them...GWR has had their turn....many times over.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    YouTubers

200.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    YouTubers

200.gif

Well, over 200k people disagree with you.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    YouTubers

200.gif

I didn't :smile:

I prefer the podcast as it's a lot easier to listen to compared to the YouTube approach of "shout lots". Plus there's a transcript or at least a summary out there pretty soon which I can read instead.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    YouTubers

200.gif

I prefer the podcast as it's a lot easier to listen to compared to the YouTube approach of "shout lots". Plus there's a transcript or at least a summary out there pretty soon which I can read instead.

Im glad you like it. That doesn’t change the fact that the vast majority of players think the opposite.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    YouTubers

200.gif

Im glad you like it. That doesn’t change the fact that the vast majority of players think the opposite.

I think "vast majority" and "opposite" might be a stretch.

vast majority, I dont think we have enough data to conclude that.

opposite of liking podcasts is not the same as wanting to get the information from YouTube. (if that is what you are getting at, which you may not be, i'm not trying to put words in your mouth)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Am I a grumpy old-timer for preferring my news in text?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    YouTubers

200.gif

I must have asked you a million times not to exaggerate.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

I can't speak to your age or level of grumpiness, but I have always preferred to read over someone talking at me.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    YouTubers

200.gif

Ahnald - 186k subs. 17K followers Twitter, est average views 50-60k.
    CubsfanHan - 51k subs. 6k followers Twitter
    Warrior - 33k subs. 3k followers Twitter
    UrzZz- 15k subs
    Its Just Ian - 14k subs
    DBOffical - 11k subs

Galactic War Report - 518 subs....1729 followers Twitter. est average views, less than 300. Granted it's a podcast, but there is no way that they are getting anywhere close to 50-60k listens on any of their podcasts. So, please tell me where the exaggeration is?
  • Nauros wrote: »

No, its the same for me
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    YouTubers

200.gif

Ahnald - 186k subs. 17K followers Twitter, est average views 50-60k.
    CubsfanHan - 51k subs. 6k followers Twitter
    Warrior - 33k subs. 3k followers Twitter
    UrzZz- 15k subs
    Its Just Ian - 14k subs
    DBOffical - 11k subs

Galactic War Report - 518 subs....1729 followers Twitter. est average views, less than 300. Granted it's a podcast, but there is no way that they are getting anywhere close to 50-60k listens on any of their podcasts. So, please tell me where the exaggeration is?

What about Shattered Order?
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

I’m grumpy too!