[MEGATHREAD]: Road Ahead - January 2021

Replies

  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    YouTubers

    200.gif

    Well, over 200k people disagree with you.

    I didn't :smile:

    I prefer the podcast as it's a lot easier to listen to compared to the YouTube approach of "shout lots". Plus there's a transcript or at least a summary out there pretty soon which I can read instead.

    Im glad you like it. That doesn’t change the fact that the vast majority of players think the opposite.

    I must have asked you a million times not to exaggerate.

    Ahnald - 186k subs. 17K followers Twitter, est average views 50-60k.
    CubsfanHan - 51k subs. 6k followers Twitter
    Warrior - 33k subs. 3k followers Twitter
    UrzZz- 15k subs
    Its Just Ian - 14k subs
    DBOffical - 11k subs



    Galactic War Report - 518 subs....1729 followers Twitter. est average views, less than 300. Granted it's a podcast, but there is no way that they are getting anywhere close to 50-60k listens on any of their podcasts. So, please tell me where the exaggeration is?

    "the vast majority of players". This is wrong. I'd hazard a guess that most players don't engage with YouTube, the forums, or podcasts.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    YouTubers

    200.gif

    Well, over 200k people disagree with you.

    I didn't :smile:

    I prefer the podcast as it's a lot easier to listen to compared to the YouTube approach of "shout lots". Plus there's a transcript or at least a summary out there pretty soon which I can read instead.

    Im glad you like it. That doesn’t change the fact that the vast majority of players think the opposite.

    I must have asked you a million times not to exaggerate.

    Ahnald - 186k subs. 17K followers Twitter, est average views 50-60k.
    CubsfanHan - 51k subs. 6k followers Twitter
    Warrior - 33k subs. 3k followers Twitter
    UrzZz- 15k subs
    Its Just Ian - 14k subs
    DBOffical - 11k subs



    Galactic War Report - 518 subs....1729 followers Twitter. est average views, less than 300. Granted it's a podcast, but there is no way that they are getting anywhere close to 50-60k listens on any of their podcasts. So, please tell me where the exaggeration is?

    "the vast majority of players". This is wrong. I'd hazard a guess that most players don't engage with YouTube, the forums, or podcasts.

    Ok, I see your point and point taken. I should have added "the vast majority of players the seek additional information outside the game"
  • TVF
    31068 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    YouTubers

    200.gif

    Well, over 200k people disagree with you.

    I didn't :smile:

    I prefer the podcast as it's a lot easier to listen to compared to the YouTube approach of "shout lots". Plus there's a transcript or at least a summary out there pretty soon which I can read instead.

    Im glad you like it. That doesn’t change the fact that the vast majority of players think the opposite.

    I must have asked you a million times not to exaggerate.

    Ahnald - 186k subs. 17K followers Twitter, est average views 50-60k.
    CubsfanHan - 51k subs. 6k followers Twitter
    Warrior - 33k subs. 3k followers Twitter
    UrzZz- 15k subs
    Its Just Ian - 14k subs
    DBOffical - 11k subs



    Galactic War Report - 518 subs....1729 followers Twitter. est average views, less than 300. Granted it's a podcast, but there is no way that they are getting anywhere close to 50-60k listens on any of their podcasts. So, please tell me where the exaggeration is?

    "Vast majority of players"

    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The majority of players probably don’t listen to any YouTube media about SWGoH
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    YouTubers

    200.gif

    Well, over 200k people disagree with you.

    I didn't :smile:

    I prefer the podcast as it's a lot easier to listen to compared to the YouTube approach of "shout lots". Plus there's a transcript or at least a summary out there pretty soon which I can read instead.

    Im glad you like it. That doesn’t change the fact that the vast majority of players think the opposite.

    I must have asked you a million times not to exaggerate.

    Ahnald - 186k subs. 17K followers Twitter, est average views 50-60k.
    CubsfanHan - 51k subs. 6k followers Twitter
    Warrior - 33k subs. 3k followers Twitter
    UrzZz- 15k subs
    Its Just Ian - 14k subs
    DBOffical - 11k subs



    Galactic War Report - 518 subs....1729 followers Twitter. est average views, less than 300. Granted it's a podcast, but there is no way that they are getting anywhere close to 50-60k listens on any of their podcasts. So, please tell me where the exaggeration is?

    "the vast majority of players". This is wrong. I'd hazard a guess that most players don't engage with YouTube, the forums, or podcasts.

    We can guesstimate this as we have access to active account total numbers roughly. It's revolving around the 400k line. These are accounts, not players, so alt acc. users are bloating the number a bit.

    So the above numbers aren't a majority, but the highest pulling clowns have a significant influence on considerable portion of the playerbase.
  • TVF
    31068 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    YouTubers

    200.gif

    Well, over 200k people disagree with you.

    I didn't :smile:

    I prefer the podcast as it's a lot easier to listen to compared to the YouTube approach of "shout lots". Plus there's a transcript or at least a summary out there pretty soon which I can read instead.

    Im glad you like it. That doesn’t change the fact that the vast majority of players think the opposite.

    I must have asked you a million times not to exaggerate.

    Ahnald - 186k subs. 17K followers Twitter, est average views 50-60k.
    CubsfanHan - 51k subs. 6k followers Twitter
    Warrior - 33k subs. 3k followers Twitter
    UrzZz- 15k subs
    Its Just Ian - 14k subs
    DBOffical - 11k subs



    Galactic War Report - 518 subs....1729 followers Twitter. est average views, less than 300. Granted it's a podcast, but there is no way that they are getting anywhere close to 50-60k listens on any of their podcasts. So, please tell me where the exaggeration is?

    "the vast majority of players". This is wrong. I'd hazard a guess that most players don't engage with YouTube, the forums, or podcasts.

    We can guesstimate this as we have access to active account total numbers roughly. It's revolving around the 400k line. These are accounts, not players, so alt acc. users are bloating the number a bit.

    So the above numbers aren't a majority, but the highest pulling clowns have a significant influence on considerable portion of the playerbase.

    You're assuming subs and followers all keep watching?
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Konju
    1123 posts Member
    All that said about not vast majority, not still watching etc aside (I agree), certainly those YouTube numbers are much better than the GWR numbers. I’ve def watched a video (or more) by every YouTuber listed there, but I’ve never checked out GWR.

    I’m old and grumpy too so I prefer text from an official source instead of (or in addition to) any of these options listed. Remember the Kuiil and IG-11 shard drop rates thread? As long as all the info is here (there’s a link in the game to get here) I’m fine.
  • TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    YouTubers

    200.gif

    Well, over 200k people disagree with you.

    I didn't :smile:

    I prefer the podcast as it's a lot easier to listen to compared to the YouTube approach of "shout lots". Plus there's a transcript or at least a summary out there pretty soon which I can read instead.

    Im glad you like it. That doesn’t change the fact that the vast majority of players think the opposite.

    I must have asked you a million times not to exaggerate.

    Ahnald - 186k subs. 17K followers Twitter, est average views 50-60k.
    CubsfanHan - 51k subs. 6k followers Twitter
    Warrior - 33k subs. 3k followers Twitter
    UrzZz- 15k subs
    Its Just Ian - 14k subs
    DBOffical - 11k subs



    Galactic War Report - 518 subs....1729 followers Twitter. est average views, less than 300. Granted it's a podcast, but there is no way that they are getting anywhere close to 50-60k listens on any of their podcasts. So, please tell me where the exaggeration is?

    "the vast majority of players". This is wrong. I'd hazard a guess that most players don't engage with YouTube, the forums, or podcasts.

    We can guesstimate this as we have access to active account total numbers roughly. It's revolving around the 400k line. These are accounts, not players, so alt acc. users are bloating the number a bit.

    So the above numbers aren't a majority, but the highest pulling clowns have a significant influence on considerable portion of the playerbase.

    You're assuming subs and followers all keep watching?

    I'm not, this is not rocket science, we aren't landing on mars, we are guesstimating. This guesstimate makes the difference between "it's so small, all the content maker hits dwarfs compared to total community" vs. "it's a considerable portion of the community" since the community is much smaller now than it used to be.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah, Q&A is definitely not fit for one person, its best if people from multiple departments got together like they did in the past

    This is spot on. Because it's so difficult to get people across several disciplines together to answer all the questions, I think the Q&As fell off the radar. However, I think it's still important to deliver something to the players that answers some of the questions. Thus, I had to revamp the process and what it looks like. We'll never get to all the questions because of time and resource demands. But, we're gonna give it a go with the new format and see what happens.
  • Nauros
    4804 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah, Q&A is definitely not fit for one person, its best if people from multiple departments got together like they did in the past

    This is spot on. Because it's so difficult to get people across several disciplines together to answer all the questions, I think the Q&As fell off the radar. However, I think it's still important to deliver something to the players that answers some of the questions. Thus, I had to revamp the process and what it looks like. We'll never get to all the questions because of time and resource demands. But, we're gonna give it a go with the new format and see what happens.

    Any update on the timeline of this new Q&A? Last I remember, you said it will be weeks to a month, but I'm not sure how long ago it was. I got a feeling it's somewhere around a month already, but I could be mistaken. With all that is going on these days, weeks feel almost like months...
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah, Q&A is definitely not fit for one person, its best if people from multiple departments got together like they did in the past

    This is spot on. Because it's so difficult to get people across several disciplines together to answer all the questions, I think the Q&As fell off the radar. However, I think it's still important to deliver something to the players that answers some of the questions. Thus, I had to revamp the process and what it looks like. We'll never get to all the questions because of time and resource demands. But, we're gonna give it a go with the new format and see what happens.

    Any update on the timeline of this new Q&A? Last I remember, you said it will be weeks to a month, but I'm not sure how long ago it was. I got a feeling it's somewhere around a month already, but I could be mistaken. With all that is going on these days, weeks feel almost like months...

    This is a valid question, and I likely underestimated the time and commitment this would take. Now that I'm getting more familiar with how things work and the general timeline of how things move, I'd feel safe in saying that I would expect it to be out within a month from now.

    Thanks for following up!

    Thanks for the update! Not exactly what I was hoping to hear, but I get it that things don't always work out. It's good to know what to expect.
  • What about a new Road Ahead or SOTG? We haven’t gotten one in a while…
  • We don’t even know what content era is next :(
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah, Q&A is definitely not fit for one person, its best if people from multiple departments got together like they did in the past

    Because it's so difficult to get people across several disciplines together to answer all the questions

    Looks familiar
  • TVF
    31068 posts Member
    What about a new Road Ahead or SOTG? We haven’t gotten one in a while…

    Define "a while."

    Last RA was three weeks ago.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah, Q&A is definitely not fit for one person, its best if people from multiple departments got together like they did in the past

    This is spot on. Because it's so difficult to get people across several disciplines together to answer all the questions, I think the Q&As fell off the radar. However, I think it's still important to deliver something to the players that answers some of the questions. Thus, I had to revamp the process and what it looks like. We'll never get to all the questions because of time and resource demands. But, we're gonna give it a go with the new format and see what happens.

    I appreciate your work on this, but your statement doesn't sit well with me. We were told that Q&A's would be monthly, which they were for awhile...then the infamous April "No, too expensive" Q&A happened and since then, we have got nothing....no reason for the sudden stopping, no date when they will return, just classic CG radio silence and we are supposed to believe they "fell off the radar" despite multiple requests for a Q&A for months now.

    We got word from Crumb (through someone else) that he was working on a new format... 7 months ago......now we have to wait another month to "see what happens". We are coming up on a year without a Q&A....and people wonder why people post on here saying that CG doesn't care about its player base....this is just evidence to that fact.

    I'm trying to believe here Doja, and I do not put any of CG's past failures to follow through, again without saying a word, on you. I believe that you are so restrained, that it is almost impossible for you to do your job. Hopefully, the revamped revamped Q&A version 3 will be great but based on CG's past, I have serious doubts.
  • My big question regarding the Road Ahead is will we hear anything more about Galactic Conquest before its released or will it be just a mass info dump the day of release. It would be nice to have some info on the mode before hand.
  • Kyno
    32011 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »
    My big question regarding the Road Ahead is will we hear anything more about Galactic Conquest before its released or will it be just a mass info dump the day of release. It would be nice to have some info on the mode before hand.

    Yes, that is what they said.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    My big question regarding the Road Ahead is will we hear anything more about Galactic Conquest before its released or will it be just a mass info dump the day of release. It would be nice to have some info on the mode before hand.

    If it doesn't get released beforehand, Galactic War Report has CG on this week again to talk about it.
  • Ultra
    8528 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »
    My big question regarding the Road Ahead is will we hear anything more about Galactic Conquest before its released or will it be just a mass info dump the day of release. It would be nice to have some info on the mode before hand.

    If it doesn't get released beforehand, Galactic War Report has CG on this week again to talk about it.

    I recall GWR has been delayed before when CG was unable to publish the news on time

    They won't break the news (such as the new toon), until CG does
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah, Q&A is definitely not fit for one person, its best if people from multiple departments got together like they did in the past

    This is spot on. Because it's so difficult to get people across several disciplines together to answer all the questions, I think the Q&As fell off the radar. However, I think it's still important to deliver something to the players that answers some of the questions. Thus, I had to revamp the process and what it looks like. We'll never get to all the questions because of time and resource demands. But, we're gonna give it a go with the new format and see what happens.

    I appreciate your work on this, but your statement doesn't sit well with me. We were told that Q&A's would be monthly, which they were for awhile...then the infamous April "No, too expensive" Q&A happened and since then, we have got nothing....no reason for the sudden stopping, no date when they will return, just classic CG radio silence and we are supposed to believe they "fell off the radar" despite multiple requests for a Q&A for months now.

    We got word from Crumb (through someone else) that he was working on a new format... 7 months ago......now we have to wait another month to "see what happens". We are coming up on a year without a Q&A....and people wonder why people post on here saying that CG doesn't care about its player base....this is just evidence to that fact.

    I'm trying to believe here Doja, and I do not put any of CG's past failures to follow through, again without saying a word, on you. I believe that you are so restrained, that it is almost impossible for you to do your job. Hopefully, the revamped revamped Q&A version 3 will be great but based on CG's past, I have serious doubts.

    I can't change what has happened. I can only focus on doing my job and try to make things happen going forward. I'm not asking you to believe or change your mind about anything. I'm gonna do my best to try to get questions answered under the new format and hopefully people like it.

    The announcement of you joining the team was back in October 2020, it has been 5 months. So what happened was your job and you have been trying to make things happen since you came. Your addition and efforts are appreciated, but come on now. If there was an actual plan on doing things, there would be a deadline as well, not just words all the time. The last Q&A was in February 2020, that is a year of nothing. You can say all want on the plans and formats you have, but till I see actions I can't say that the addition was of any significance.
    As far as planning goes in this company, I really don't know what to say anymore.
    Was it really the plan to release a toon you already had ready till you get Conquest up and running? If you knew the work that was needed to get this thing running why didn't you have another toon released so you can keep your people happy or something? Was this the plan all along? Almost 2 months of nothing? I really don't understand.
    Again, I appreciate your efforts and it might not be totally your fault and I apologize, but you are the peoples contact.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah, Q&A is definitely not fit for one person, its best if people from multiple departments got together like they did in the past

    This is spot on. Because it's so difficult to get people across several disciplines together to answer all the questions, I think the Q&As fell off the radar. However, I think it's still important to deliver something to the players that answers some of the questions. Thus, I had to revamp the process and what it looks like. We'll never get to all the questions because of time and resource demands. But, we're gonna give it a go with the new format and see what happens.

    I appreciate your work on this, but your statement doesn't sit well with me. We were told that Q&A's would be monthly, which they were for awhile...then the infamous April "No, too expensive" Q&A happened and since then, we have got nothing....no reason for the sudden stopping, no date when they will return, just classic CG radio silence and we are supposed to believe they "fell off the radar" despite multiple requests for a Q&A for months now.

    We got word from Crumb (through someone else) that he was working on a new format... 7 months ago......now we have to wait another month to "see what happens". We are coming up on a year without a Q&A....and people wonder why people post on here saying that CG doesn't care about its player base....this is just evidence to that fact.

    I'm trying to believe here Doja, and I do not put any of CG's past failures to follow through, again without saying a word, on you. I believe that you are so restrained, that it is almost impossible for you to do your job. Hopefully, the revamped revamped Q&A version 3 will be great but based on CG's past, I have serious doubts.

    I can't change what has happened. I can only focus on doing my job and try to make things happen going forward. I'm not asking you to believe or change your mind about anything. I'm gonna do my best to try to get questions answered under the new format and hopefully people like it.

    The announcement of you joining the team was back in October 2020, it has been 5 months. So what happened was your job and you have been trying to make things happen since you came. Your addition and efforts are appreciated, but come on now. If there was an actual plan on doing things, there would be a deadline as well, not just words all the time. The last Q&A was in February 2020, that is a year of nothing. You can say all want on the plans and formats you have, but till I see actions I can't say that the addition was of any significance.
    As far as planning goes in this company, I really don't know what to say anymore.
    Was it really the plan to release a toon you already had ready till you get Conquest up and running? If you knew the work that was needed to get this thing running why didn't you have another toon released so you can keep your people happy or something? Was this the plan all along? Almost 2 months of nothing? I really don't understand.
    Again, I appreciate your efforts and it might not be totally your fault and I apologize, but you are the peoples contact.

    FYI, the last Q&A was in April...Feb was when they stopped updating the Q&A archive.
  • [/quote]

    FYI, the last Q&A was in April...Feb was when they stopped updating the Q&A archive.[/quote]

    Sorry!
  • I wonder if doja_fett has started to feel burnt out on the belligerent, impatient, and childish comments in the forums yet... I certainly hope not. But good for him for continuing to answer such immaturity in a professional and dignified way.
  • Mandalore wrote: »
    I wonder if doja_fett has started to feel burnt out on the belligerent, impatient, and childish comments in the forums yet... I certainly hope not. But good for him for continuing to answer such immaturity in a professional and dignified way.

    First of, he is getting payed (and good money I bet) to be the community manager. So, it is his job in part to do this. He is not making us a favor. I feel obliged to go and do my job. I don't think I am making my boss a favor of being there and doing what he payed me to do. Just some logic.
    Second, I question the thought process in which a billion dollar company operates. Operating in a company of their size, you expect certain things from them (Communication, Preparation, Management).
    It is another thing that we have decided to deal with the way things are run in this game, because of the love and appreciation we have for this game and another to say that discussing it is childish and belligerent.
    Just saying...
  • That's a reasonable response but frankly not many of the responses or questions posed to doja have had that same respectful or reasonable approach to them. It's true that his job is to communicate to the community, that is his assigned position. He does a good job of doing so when there is something to communicate. But if there is nothing to be said, which he is not responsible for coming up with solutions and content for the game, if there isn't any new developments to report on, should we really expect him to come onto the forums everyday and say "still nothing new to report"? That doesn't make sense. So it also doesn't make reasonable sense to keep asking about the same things over and over again in a more and more confrontational manner.
    We as the community also cannot assume that there is a simple and quick fix to anything in the game for multiple reasons. A couple simple reasons would be most of us don't understand how complicated coding is and because we aren't in the development process we can't possible know the complexity of these issues and how they affect other parts of the game. So to say they aren't doing their jobs based on how much money the company makes (which we don't know how much actually goes to employees after overhead) is unfair. The other side of the argument could just as easily be made that the lack of communication is due to how hard they are working to trying to resolve these issues as quickly as possible and so filling in the community on each step and every miniscule detail is a waste of valuable time and resources are better directed elsewhere.
    "Why can't you just give this to us?" Is a question we cannot fairly ask under any circumstances.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Yeah, Q&A is definitely not fit for one person, its best if people from multiple departments got together like they did in the past

    This is spot on. Because it's so difficult to get people across several disciplines together to answer all the questions, I think the Q&As fell off the radar. However, I think it's still important to deliver something to the players that answers some of the questions. Thus, I had to revamp the process and what it looks like. We'll never get to all the questions because of time and resource demands. But, we're gonna give it a go with the new format and see what happens.

    I appreciate your work on this, but your statement doesn't sit well with me. We were told that Q&A's would be monthly, which they were for awhile...then the infamous April "No, too expensive" Q&A happened and since then, we have got nothing....no reason for the sudden stopping, no date when they will return, just classic CG radio silence and we are supposed to believe they "fell off the radar" despite multiple requests for a Q&A for months now.

    We got word from Crumb (through someone else) that he was working on a new format... 7 months ago......now we have to wait another month to "see what happens". We are coming up on a year without a Q&A....and people wonder why people post on here saying that CG doesn't care about its player base....this is just evidence to that fact.

    I'm trying to believe here Doja, and I do not put any of CG's past failures to follow through, again without saying a word, on you. I believe that you are so restrained, that it is almost impossible for you to do your job. Hopefully, the revamped revamped Q&A version 3 will be great but based on CG's past, I have serious doubts.

    I can't change what has happened. I can only focus on doing my job and try to make things happen going forward. I'm not asking you to believe or change your mind about anything. I'm gonna do my best to try to get questions answered under the new format and hopefully people like it.

    The announcement of you joining the team was back in October 2020, it has been 5 months. So what happened was your job and you have been trying to make things happen since you came. Your addition and efforts are appreciated, but come on now. If there was an actual plan on doing things, there would be a deadline as well, not just words all the time. The last Q&A was in February 2020, that is a year of nothing. You can say all want on the plans and formats you have, but till I see actions I can't say that the addition was of any significance.
    As far as planning goes in this company, I really don't know what to say anymore.
    Was it really the plan to release a toon you already had ready till you get Conquest up and running? If you knew the work that was needed to get this thing running why didn't you have another toon released so you can keep your people happy or something? Was this the plan all along? Almost 2 months of nothing? I really don't understand.
    Again, I appreciate your efforts and it might not be totally your fault and I apologize, but you are the peoples contact.

    You're welcome to your opinions, but luckily for me my job isn't dependent on your timelines. I'm building programs from the ground up and that takes time, approval process, etc.

    It's taking way more time than I wanted, but not much I can do about that.

    But, overall, I understand why you feel the way you do. I can't fault you for taking a wait-and-see approach. It makes sense and I'd prolly do the same thing if I were in your position. I'll do my best and it won't be perfect. But, things will be better.

    And yes, I am the people's contact so I understand that frustrations are going to be directed at me. I'm totally fine with that. It's important to have your voices and opinions heard as it helps me do my job and let me know what things players would like to see improvement upon.
Sign In or Register to comment.