Mods Cap

13Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Get rid of anything less than 5* mods. It’s silly to have 3s and 4s that serve no real purpose anymore for the current game structure.

As for databases, I manage several thousand terabytes in total from over 150 of our wind farms. We have adapted and upgraded our systems to handle it with ease. I’ll never buy the datapoint excuse. Won’t happen…

Very different industries and setups, I would imagine the server traffic on your database is probably a little less than this game.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Kyno wrote: »
    Get rid of anything less than 5* mods. It’s silly to have 3s and 4s that serve no real purpose anymore for the current game structure.

As for databases, I manage several thousand terabytes in total from over 150 of our wind farms. We have adapted and upgraded our systems to handle it with ease. I’ll never buy the datapoint excuse. Won’t happen…

Very different industries and setups, I would imagine the server traffic on your database is probably a little less than this game.

Possibly. The amount of real time data we have flowing across North America, ultimately to one central hub, every ms, is insane. We also have ~6 million customers supporting more than 11 million residents in a single state.

We also have solar, gas, battery storage, and nuclear plants.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • I think the biggest difference between an energy company and a mobile game company is the requirements during setting up the solution architecture. One needs to have guaranteed uptime and an “infinite” maintainability, the other have an expected end of life after 2 years, still being around after five years is a fluke resulting in a huge technical debt on every aspect of the system.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I think the biggest difference between an energy company and a mobile game company is the requirements during setting up the solution architecture. One needs to have guaranteed uptime and an “infinite” maintainability, the other have an expected end of life after 2 years, still being around after five years is a fluke resulting in a huge technical debt on every aspect of the system.

There is no way they only planned this to last 2 years, when this game came out there had already been president set for longer lifespan on mobile games with less notable IP. This is no more of a fluke than "that being a small moon".
  • Can we finally get a mod cap increase PLEASE. Enough of players who don't care or don't need it holding back those who ABSOLUTELY NEED A MOD CAP INCREASE. it's been a pain for years, and we get more and more characters with no corresponding increase. Managing mods is NOT a fix. There simply is not enough space for a roster of 100 each needing 5 mods. Rosters used to be 1/10 this size with the same cap.
  • This is an 8 month Necro post, and very unlikely to happen just because you posted , id imagine this will get closed quickly. Try starting a new post and explaining why you "ABSOLUTELY NEED A MOD CAP INCREASE"
    just saying that means nothing to most players other than "well they're not looking after mods"