MaruMaru wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    WindChoke wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

Can someone please tell me why mk10 blastech is a reward for this raid?

The general idea was that more exclusive rewards or a " better prize box" would lead to a larger divide between the players who can do it and those who can't.

So what's the point of doing then any in game activity if it is not to gain a gear and character development advantage?

????

That is not what anyone has said here at all, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Was in reference to what you said previously "...more exclusive rewards or a " better prize box" would lead to a larger divide between the players who can do it and those who can't....".

Blue gear and oversaturated purple gear does not give any advantage at all, and it is not end game gear. In my opinion, it is fairly disappointing for the raid being the new end game content. That was the point I was stating, after my guild is spending hours to finish it, only to get blue gear :(. And this inappropriateness of the rewards has been mentioned a number of times, it seems here in this thread.

that is very different than trying to say what you said, so ok, I guess i see what you are saying now, but that doesn't make sense with what you said before. anyway, we can move on to this comment.

correct, the gear there is not supposed to offer much if any advantage, as that would be what could cause a larger divide between players who can and who cannot do the raid. I can see you point if you only focus on those rewards but there are exclusive rewards there that are being ignored in your statement.

anyway, they are aware of this sentiment and we will see what happens, but as I have said based on the general goal I am eluding to here, it is unlikely they will make them that much better, and with relics almost all (if not all) of those pieces have a use.

As soon as r8 paves the way to the next big thing it will create the divide. The divide already exists, we just don't care yet due to minimal impact of r8. So are you saying they don't want to create a divide one way, but they are fine creating it another way?

It just looks to me they are frugal about gear economy we are bottlenecked with both new and old, pretty simple.

only if you assume that R8 mats will remain exclusive to the raid.

Naw, that doesn't change anything. The other stuff already exclusive to this raid here. If we are talking about a divide, it's about how much stuff; one way or another -do-s get compared to -don't-s.

it does change things, because adding more stuff to the already added stuff that does create a divide, would make it larger. they dont want to make it larger than it already is going to be, or accelerate it by making those rewards better.

I have never said there isn't a divide and that this doesn't feed into that, but making those rewards better would make a larger divide. I know you dont like this sentiment, but that is what it is.

It's not what it is unless it's a dev sentiment. I know you don't like this sentiment, but you are talking as if these are your intentions while you're similarly only interpreting the picture like us, while the real intentions and mindset can be entirely something else.

You can and do always want to act like I do not have a little more insight on these things than I do. I am not going to go into details on conversations, as that it not really something I can do. I provided evidence that is available to everyone because you wanted some "backing to my claim", but that doesn't mean that is all I am basing my discussion on.

Also, for the last time, I do not want to assume anything about what you know, I just want you to differentiate between things that are only your opinion vs. things that you know that's not connected to your opinion or interpretation. Was that even a bit clear in the chain of posts that's in the quotes folded here? Certainly not for me.

we are talking about the dev sentiment, or plan, or whatever you want to call it. so it seems clear thats what we are talking about, and at no point (i dont think at least) have I said "in my opinion...."

but as I said when we discussed this earlier, I dont think I will ever be able to meet your expectations on this division.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    It’s not difficult for them to change the awards. It’s very simple. They just choose to continue to add useless junk to the rewards boxes.

It's not useless junk. It's to avoid creating a divide between the people that can complete the raid and those who cannot.

Full Kryos + 25+ g12 pieces is pretty significant. Even compared to others who get much worse rewards despite clearing the exact same raid (see screenshots above).

There are many words I could use to describe the above screenshots - "flat" or "flatter" is really not one that comes to mind.

isn't this kind of like people who make claims about drop rates based on a screen shot, or a small collection from the week?

How many raids would you like screenshots from that show this wide range of randomness? This is hardly the first time we've seen full Kyros at the top and bottom and junk spread in between. But sure, if you're in a dismissive mood today, have fun.

TL:DR - there are many things "right" about this game. This reskinned, random reward, horrid mechanic raid is not in the top 100.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It’s not difficult for them to change the awards. It’s very simple. They just choose to continue to add useless junk to the rewards boxes.

It's not useless junk. It's to avoid creating a divide between the people that can complete the raid and those who cannot.

Full Kryos + 25+ g12 pieces is pretty significant. Even compared to others who get much worse rewards despite clearing the exact same raid (see screenshots above).

There are many words I could use to describe the above screenshots - "flat" or "flatter" is really not one that comes to mind.

isn't this kind of like people who make claims about drop rates based on a screen shot, or a small collection from the week?

How many raids would you like screenshots from that show this wide range of randomness? This is hardly the first time we've seen full Kyros at the top and bottom and junk spread in between. But sure, if you're in a dismissive mood today, have fun.

TL:DR - there are many things "right" about this game. This reskinned, random reward, horrid mechanic raid is not in the top 100.

how many samples would you ask for if someone made a similar claim ?

it just seems a little random to pick a few and talk about how this doesn't feel flatter.

some do the same about drop rates and you would question them, so this felt off.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Random gear is still flatter than HSTR.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

it just seems a little random to pick a few and talk about how this doesn't feel flatter.

some do the same about drop rates and you would question them, so this felt off.

We *have* tons of samples. Have you not seen hundreds of rewards screenshots? Have you not gotten several of your own? We may not know drop rates, but we *know* the Challenge Rancor rewards are suuuuper random.
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

The general idea was that more exclusive rewards or a " better prize box" would lead to a larger divide between the players who can do it and those who can't.

So what's the point of doing then any in game activity if it is not to gain a gear and character development advantage?

????

That is not what anyone has said here at all, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Was in reference to what you said previously "...more exclusive rewards or a " better prize box" would lead to a larger divide between the players who can do it and those who can't....".

Blue gear and oversaturated purple gear does not give any advantage at all, and it is not end game gear. In my opinion, it is fairly disappointing for the raid being the new end game content. That was the point I was stating, after my guild is spending hours to finish it, only to get blue gear :(. And this inappropriateness of the rewards has been mentioned a number of times, it seems here in this thread.

that is very different than trying to say what you said, so ok, I guess i see what you are saying now, but that doesn't make sense with what you said before. anyway, we can move on to this comment.

correct, the gear there is not supposed to offer much if any advantage, as that would be what could cause a larger divide between players who can and who cannot do the raid. I can see you point if you only focus on those rewards but there are exclusive rewards there that are being ignored in your statement.

anyway, they are aware of this sentiment and we will see what happens, but as I have said based on the general goal I am eluding to here, it is unlikely they will make them that much better, and with relics almost all (if not all) of those pieces have a use.

As soon as r8 paves the way to the next big thing it will create the divide. The divide already exists, we just don't care yet due to minimal impact of r8. So are you saying they don't want to create a divide one way, but they are fine creating it another way?

It just looks to me they are frugal about gear economy we are bottlenecked with both new and old, pretty simple.

Naw, that doesn't change anything. The other stuff already exclusive to this raid here. If we are talking about a divide, it's about how much stuff; one way or another -do-s get compared to -don't-s.

it does change things, because adding more stuff to the already added stuff that does create a divide, would make it larger. they dont want to make it larger than it already is going to be, or accelerate it by making those rewards better.

I have never said there isn't a divide and that this doesn't feed into that, but making those rewards better would make a larger divide. I know you dont like this sentiment, but that is what it is.

It's not what it is unless it's a dev sentiment. I know you don't like this sentiment, but you are talking as if these are your intentions while you're similarly only interpreting the picture like us, while the real intentions and mindset can be entirely something else.

You can and do always want to act like I do not have a little more insight on these things than I do. I am not going to go into details on conversations, as that it not really something I can do. I provided evidence that is available to everyone because you wanted some "backing to my claim", but that doesn't mean that is all I am basing my discussion on.

Also, for the last time, I do not want to assume anything about what you know, I just want you to differentiate between things that are only your opinion vs. things that you know that's not connected to your opinion or interpretation. Was that even a bit clear in the chain of posts that's in the quotes folded here? Certainly not for me.

we are talking about the dev sentiment, or plan, or whatever you want to call it. so it seems clear thats what we are talking about, and at no point (i dont think at least) have I said "in my opinion...."

but as I said when we discussed this earlier, I dont think I will ever be able to meet your expectations on this division.

Ok, noting down dev intention as; not minding creating a divide when it comes to relic mats, but don't want to create a divide when it comes to bottlenecked gear.

You're the one who claimed the gear was meant to make the rewards flatter (since the r8 material is clearly not flatter than other exclusive raid rewards). When people asked you to provide gear drop rates you went silent. Now someone provides some data points and you're acting like they're anomalies or something.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

Ok, noting down dev intention as; not minding creating a divide when it comes to relic mats, but don't want to create a divide when it comes to bottlenecked gear.

interesting take, ok.

not wanting to create a larger divide, that is in no way tied to specific pieces of rewarded gear. is probably a better note.

again, I do not speak specifically to conversations we have as that is not my place. if you think that is specifically what I am saying, then you are reading too much into this.
  • StarSon wrote: »

We *have* tons of samples. Have you not seen hundreds of rewards screenshots? Have you not gotten several of your own? We may not know drop rates, but we *know* the Challenge Rancor rewards are suuuuper random.

It's fine. He can hide be hide "anecdotal" because he knows it is much more difficult to gather, organize and quantify the data from a raid (which is a series of single data points once every few days) as opposed to drop rates, which are dozens daily and easily quantified.

It is what it is - and some will defend it at all costs.

"Give us feedback....no, the kind we agree with." :D

Whatever.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Jakdnels wrote: »

You're the one who claimed the gear was meant to make the rewards flatter (since the r8 material is clearly not flatter than other exclusive raid rewards). When people asked you to provide gear drop rates you went silent. Now someone provides some data points and you're acting like they're anomalies or something.

Also the tiny bit where why the "less important/not important"(by kyno's own sentiment) bit of the reward box being flatter or not is important is never addressed. We both shouldn't mind anything but exclusive relic mats and somehow the rewards are flatter at the same time. We know the relic mat amounts in absolute amounts...yeesh.
    c5dmlmxbarbe.png

????

interesting take, ok.

not wanting to create a larger divide, that is in no way tied to specific pieces of rewarded gear. is probably a better note.

again, I do not speak specifically to conversations we have as that is not my place. if you think that is specifically what I am saying, then you are reading too much into this.

Doesn't compute. Is it dev intention to not create a larger divide or not and is that why they are unlikely to address the non relic portion of the reward boxes?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It's fine. He can hide be hide "anecdotal" because he knows it is much more difficult to gather, organize and quantify the data from a raid (which is a series of single data points once every few days) as opposed to drop rates, which are dozens daily and easily quantified.

Whatever.

so you disagree that that sample you are showing is representative of the whole, and that this is showing that the rewards as a whole are not flatter?

I am not asking for anything that would not be questioned in a similar way for a similar example.

like I said, when presented in another way, you would question such a limited view as representative of the whole, so this seem odd to do it here, without even a mention or caveat about the size or what this represents.
  • UPDATE: Changes to the CT Rancor raid are being made! More details will follow when I get them and your patience has been (and continues to be) appreciated. Although I can't go into more detail at this time, I know several posts have requested that I let y'all when something is happening and I said I'd report back what I can when I can. Not sure how long until the next update, but I promise to let you know as soon as I can.
  • UPDATE: Changes to the CT Rancor raid are being made! More details will follow when I get them and your patience has been (and continues to be) appreciated. Although I can't go into more detail at this time, I know several posts have requested that I let y'all when something is happening and I said I'd report back what I can when I can. Not sure how long until the next update, but I promise to let you know as soon as I can.

Superb! Let's see what is in the box for us.
  • Thanks Doja, you’re the best decision CG made. Appreciate it, keep up the good work
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    UPDATE: Changes to the CT Rancor raid are being made! More details will follow when I get them and your patience has been (and continues to be) appreciated. Although I can't go into more detail at this time, I know several posts have requested that I let y'all when something is happening and I said I'd report back what I can when I can. Not sure how long until the next update, but I promise to let you know as soon as I can.

@Ravens1113

Whatever.

so you disagree that that sample you are showing is representative of the whole, and that this is showing that the rewards as a whole are not flatter?

I am not asking for anything that would not be questioned in a similar way for a similar example.

like I said, when presented in another way, you would question such a limited view as representative of the whole, so this seem odd to do it here, without even a mention or caveat about the size or what this represents.

In my experience after completing several of these raids, along with the experiences of many other guilds and players across Discord (including shard mates from both arenas, etc.) - the 4 screenshots I posted are simply representative of the seemingly inherent randomness of the reward structure. I am not basing my feedback on one attempt and four screen shots. Virtually every player I have come into contact with has come to the same frustrating conclusion about the rewards - that the gear portion has an extremely random and wide range, regardless of effort, damage done, etc.

Again, you can, as you seem to be, pretend that this is isolated to the 4 screenshots provided. And that's fine. Honestly, I don't have the time or the inclination to "prove" it. I am merely providing feedback that most players, who are being honest about it, are finding to be the case. Dismiss/defend it as you see fit.

• Konju
    1142 posts Member
    UPDATE: Changes to the CT Rancor raid are being made! More details will follow when I get them and your patience has been (and continues to be) appreciated. Although I can't go into more detail at this time, I know several posts have requested that I let y'all when something is happening and I said I'd report back what I can when I can. Not sure how long until the next update, but I promise to let you know as soon as I can.

Thanks Doja, I knew you would come through when you could. Greatly appreciated.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator

What kind of updates? Is it just the SLKR issue, or is there any other changes (such as guild co-ordination / raid rewards / something else?)

Great! Some communication on it. Now its just a short 3 month wait until see it in game! (joking!)
    It will be quite interesting to see what fix they decided on.
  • Yes, please actually flatten the rewards so we don't need to do stupid mercs to catch up to everyone else doing them.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    can we add signal data and relic scraps too?

Its the only raid that doesn't give you the materials needed to meet the raid prereqs or recommendation for attempting the raid

giphy.gif

• Ultra wrote: »

What kind of updates? Is it just the SLKR issue, or is there any other changes (such as guild co-ordination / raid rewards / something else?)

Related to the overall raid (and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the changes deal with SLKR raid issue as well, but I don't have those deets rn).
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Great! Some communication on it. Now its just a short 3 month wait until see it in game! (joking!)
    It will be quite interesting to see what fix they decided on.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it won't be that long.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Whatever.

In my experience after completing several of these raids, along with the experiences of many other guilds and players across Discord (including shard mates from both arenas, etc.) - the 4 screenshots I posted are simply representative of the seemingly inherent randomness of the reward structure. I am not basing my feedback on one attempt and four screen shots. Virtually every player I have come into contact with has come to the same frustrating conclusion about the rewards - that the gear portion has an extremely random and wide range, regardless of effort, damage done, etc.

Again, you can, as you seem to be, pretend that this is isolated to the 4 screenshots provided. And that's fine. Honestly, I don't have the time or the inclination to "prove" it. I am merely providing feedback that most players, who are being honest about it, are finding to be the case. Dismiss/defend it as you see fit.

So the same/similar prize box rewards being possible at multiple locations across large sections of the 1-50 rank doesn't make you think a flatter structure?

doesn't that seem like what a flatter distribution would be for those particular prize boxes?
  • Doubtful the changes affect rewards.
  • Doja, I am glad things are changing, but I would still love to hear an answer to the question of if the raid was tested only with the bug that made the ramping damage only ramp once.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    edited February 2021
    Doubtful the changes affect rewards.

maybe someone can communicate to them that they should look into the rewards too

tenor.gif
    it was worth a shot, thanks for checking up doja

Whatever.

So the same/similar prize box rewards being possible at multiple locations across large sections of the 1-50 rank doesn't make you think a flatter structure?

doesn't that seem like what a flatter distribution would be for those particular prize boxes?

Over the course of thousands of raids, yes. But that's not the point nor is it how math works - and you know that. We can be done here. You obviously have every intention of being contrarian.