The Pit Challenge Tier & Relic 8 [MEGA]

Replies

• Doubtful the changes affect rewards.

Just curious... were the rewards 'flatness' one of the concerns you approached the devs with, or was it just the stacking damage mechanic and relative player experience?

• Kyno wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    IronCross wrote: »
    It’s not difficult for them to change the awards. It’s very simple. They just choose to continue to add useless junk to the rewards boxes.

It's not useless junk. It's to avoid creating a divide between the people that can complete the raid and those who cannot.

Full Kryos + 25+ g12 pieces is pretty significant. Even compared to others who get much worse rewards despite clearing the exact same raid (see screenshots above).

There are many words I could use to describe the above screenshots - "flat" or "flatter" is really not one that comes to mind.

isn't this kind of like people who make claims about drop rates based on a screen shot, or a small collection from the week?

How many raids would you like screenshots from that show this wide range of randomness? This is hardly the first time we've seen full Kyros at the top and bottom and junk spread in between. But sure, if you're in a dismissive mood today, have fun.

TL:DR - there are many things "right" about this game. This reskinned, random reward, horrid mechanic raid is not in the top 100.

how many samples would you ask for if someone made a similar claim ?

it just seems a little random to pick a few and talk about how this doesn't feel flatter.

some do the same about drop rates and you would question them, so this felt off.

We *have* tons of samples. Have you not seen hundreds of rewards screenshots? Have you not gotten several of your own? We may not know drop rates, but we *know* the Challenge Rancor rewards are suuuuper random.

It's fine. He can hide be hide "anecdotal" because he knows it is much more difficult to gather, organize and quantify the data from a raid (which is a series of single data points once every few days) as opposed to drop rates, which are dozens daily and easily quantified.

It is what it is - and some will defend it at all costs.

"Give us feedback....no, the kind we agree with." :D

Whatever.

so you disagree that that sample you are showing is representative of the whole, and that this is showing that the rewards as a whole are not flatter?

I am not asking for anything that would not be questioned in a similar way for a similar example.

like I said, when presented in another way, you would question such a limited view as representative of the whole, so this seem odd to do it here, without even a mention or caveat about the size or what this represents.

In my experience after completing several of these raids, along with the experiences of many other guilds and players across Discord (including shard mates from both arenas, etc.) - the 4 screenshots I posted are simply representative of the seemingly inherent randomness of the reward structure. I am not basing my feedback on one attempt and four screen shots. Virtually every player I have come into contact with has come to the same frustrating conclusion about the rewards - that the gear portion has an extremely random and wide range, regardless of effort, damage done, etc.

Again, you can, as you seem to be, pretend that this is isolated to the 4 screenshots provided. And that's fine. Honestly, I don't have the time or the inclination to "prove" it. I am merely providing feedback that most players, who are being honest about it, are finding to be the case. Dismiss/defend it as you see fit.

So the same/similar prize box rewards being possible at multiple locations across large sections of the 1-50 rank doesn't make you think a flatter structure?

doesn't that seem like what a flatter distribution would be for those particular prize boxes?

For the rewards that are "less important/not important" by your words.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Doubtful the changes affect rewards.

maybe someone can communicate to them that they should look into the rewards too

tenor.gif
    it was worth a shot, thanks for checking up doja

THIS. It is super annoying having to force people to merc in order to keep up with all the other top guilds doing this. Relic mats should be the same for the entire guild with only some extra gear rewards for top scores. Then make the raid harder to compensate without the 20% mechanic.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    It’s not difficult for them to change the awards. It’s very simple. They just choose to continue to add useless junk to the rewards boxes.

It's not useless junk. It's to avoid creating a divide between the people that can complete the raid and those who cannot.

Full Kryos + 25+ g12 pieces is pretty significant. Even compared to others who get much worse rewards despite clearing the exact same raid (see screenshots above).

There are many words I could use to describe the above screenshots - "flat" or "flatter" is really not one that comes to mind.

isn't this kind of like people who make claims about drop rates based on a screen shot, or a small collection from the week?

How many raids would you like screenshots from that show this wide range of randomness? This is hardly the first time we've seen full Kyros at the top and bottom and junk spread in between. But sure, if you're in a dismissive mood today, have fun.

TL:DR - there are many things "right" about this game. This reskinned, random reward, horrid mechanic raid is not in the top 100.

it just seems a little random to pick a few and talk about how this doesn't feel flatter.

some do the same about drop rates and you would question them, so this felt off.

We *have* tons of samples. Have you not seen hundreds of rewards screenshots? Have you not gotten several of your own? We may not know drop rates, but we *know* the Challenge Rancor rewards are suuuuper random.

It's fine. He can hide be hide "anecdotal" because he knows it is much more difficult to gather, organize and quantify the data from a raid (which is a series of single data points once every few days) as opposed to drop rates, which are dozens daily and easily quantified.

Whatever.

so you disagree that that sample you are showing is representative of the whole, and that this is showing that the rewards as a whole are not flatter?

I am not asking for anything that would not be questioned in a similar way for a similar example.

like I said, when presented in another way, you would question such a limited view as representative of the whole, so this seem odd to do it here, without even a mention or caveat about the size or what this represents.

In my experience after completing several of these raids, along with the experiences of many other guilds and players across Discord (including shard mates from both arenas, etc.) - the 4 screenshots I posted are simply representative of the seemingly inherent randomness of the reward structure. I am not basing my feedback on one attempt and four screen shots. Virtually every player I have come into contact with has come to the same frustrating conclusion about the rewards - that the gear portion has an extremely random and wide range, regardless of effort, damage done, etc.

Again, you can, as you seem to be, pretend that this is isolated to the 4 screenshots provided. And that's fine. Honestly, I don't have the time or the inclination to "prove" it. I am merely providing feedback that most players, who are being honest about it, are finding to be the case. Dismiss/defend it as you see fit.

So the same/similar prize box rewards being possible at multiple locations across large sections of the 1-50 rank doesn't make you think a flatter structure?

doesn't that seem like what a flatter distribution would be for those particular prize boxes?

Those are the ones being discussed, if you have an issue with that you should be quoting someone else. I never said not important.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    UPDATE: Changes to the CT Rancor raid are being made! More details will follow when I get them and your patience has been (and continues to be) appreciated. Although I can't go into more detail at this time, I know several posts have requested that I let y'all when something is happening and I said I'd report back what I can when I can. Not sure how long until the next update, but I promise to let you know as soon as I can.

Great! Some communication on it. Now its just a short 3 month wait until see it in game! (joking!)
    It will be quite interesting to see what fix they decided on.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it won't be that long.

Is the limb you’re going out on a wampa claw? How is the wampa parrot doing anyway?? We need some communication on that too!
    UPDATE: Changes to the CT Rancor raid are being made! More details will follow when I get them and your patience has been (and continues to be) appreciated. Although I can't go into more detail at this time, I know several posts have requested that I let y'all when something is happening and I said I'd report back what I can when I can. Not sure how long until the next update, but I promise to let you know as soon as I can.

@Ravens1113

Cool but how about a date? What are the details? What is going to change? How about something concrete? Like come on...week 11....

Just kidding. That’s great to hear! Glad that Doja also said it won’t be another 3 months but I’m glad to know changes are coming and that it’ll be soon that Doja can tell us what’s going on. I really hope it includes also taking the junk G5 gear away at least @CG_Doja_Fett ahem....but if it ends up being per run for the stacking mechanic, this will easily make the raid much much much better
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Whatever.

Over the course of thousands of raids, yes. But that's not the point nor is it how math works - and you know that. We can be done here. You obviously have every intention of being contrarian.

ok we can be done, but please dont say thats not how statistics (math) works.

if you assigned each item a point value and then drop them in the fashion you are saying then the ending result would be a even distribution. random, actually random from a constrained number of choices in the end should be completely even.

again, I was not arguing/defending anything. I just found your post which was very limited in words and all based on showing a small sample, odd. so i asked a simple question. that was my only intention here.

Great! Some communication on it. Now its just a short 3 month wait until see it in game! (joking!)

Is the limb you’re going out on a wampa claw? How is the wampa parrot doing anyway?? We need some communication on that too!

Wampa the Parrot is doing better today because of the CT Raid news. However, I am a little sad over Daft Punk breaking up or retiring (or whatever happened to make them call it quits after 28 years).
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    at least they are ending on a high, and will go down as one of the greats

Wampa the Parrot is doing better today because of the CT Raid news. However, I am a little sad over Daft Punk breaking up or retiring (or whatever happened to make them call it quits after 28 years).

I heard it was the Crancor raid
  • So is this change going to change difficulty as well? Or just mechanics? Will guilds currently beating it without the SLKR cheese still be able to do so?
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I am listening to them as I work right now in tribute.

Enjoy this as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gB0RNkRxmQ
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    So is this change going to change difficulty as well? Or just mechanics? Will guilds currently beating it without the SLKR cheese still be able to do so?

Since he said the news is related to the overall raid, and he wasn't given any info on what changes they'll be making with SLKR, I'm guessing its fixing the Airplane mode / Health Thresholds mechanic (which in turn will change SLKR performance)
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

I heard it was the Crancor raid

Hahahaha
    MaruMaru wrote: »

Whatever.

Those are the ones being discussed, if you have an issue with that you should be quoting someone else. I never said not important.

Naw, we went over this a few times across this topic. Since you know pretty well you can't claim anything close to -flatter- with relic mats which you also keep replying to many as the thing that matters in these rewards, you either ignore the obvious cognitive dissonance this creates or default to another incompatible line of argument. I've yet to see a single comment buying into your flatter argument.
  • TVF wrote: »

I am listening to them as I work right now in tribute.

Enjoy this as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gB0RNkRxmQ

That is actually pretty freakin' awesome!
  • Ultra wrote: »
    So is this change going to change difficulty as well? Or just mechanics? Will guilds currently beating it without the SLKR cheese still be able to do so?

Since he said the news is related to the overall raid, and he wasn't given any info on what changes they'll be making with SLKR, I'm guessing its fixing the Airplane mode / Health Thresholds mechanic (which in turn will change SLKR performance)
    That’s my guess, hoping it doesn’t become a lot harder to beat though

Whatever.

Over the course of thousands of raids, yes. But that's not the point nor is it how math works - and you know that. We can be done here. You obviously have every intention of being contrarian.

ok we can be done, but please dont say thats not how statistics (math) works.

if you assigned each item a point value and then drop them in the fashion you are saying then the ending result would be a even distribution. random, actually random from a constrained number of choices in the end should be completely even.

again, I was not arguing/defending anything. I just found your post which was very limited in words and all based on showing a small sample, odd. so i asked a simple question. that was my only intention here.

The sample showed the high degree of variance. That's the issue. A high degree of variance would be acceptable over a large enough sample size. But if the sample size is, say, once per week over a couple of years, that's hardly enough to equalize to even (or even necessarily anywhere close) given the wide range in variance. For that, the screenshots were more than sufficient.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Are you going to fix the bug where Devour does not start on cooldown?
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Are you going to fix the bug where Devour does not start on cooldown?

I believe this is intentional.
  • Konju wrote: »

And not really a big deal. Most players who have GLs to deal with the raid have "useless" R5 characters to appease the hunger for an opening sacrifice to the Crankor.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

And not really a big deal. Most players who have GLs to deal with the raid have "useless" R5 characters to appease the hunger for an opening sacrifice to the Crankor.

Yes great point.

nnjm3fm35e7q.png
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

nnjm3fm35e7q.png

I believe the text description of the ability is the inaccurate portion of the raid. I could be wrong.

Unlikely, since it also existed in the original Pit Raid and was fixed.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

Could be. I believe this was covered earlier in this thread but again I could be wrong and don’t care to find it. Also, I don’t have any issue with sacrificing a character as Nikoms posted above.

Could be. I believe this was covered earlier in this thread but again I could be wrong and don’t care to find it. Also, I don’t have any issue with sacrificing a character as Nikoms posted above.

Yeah, it's fine. I just don't think they did it on purpose since it says it starts on cooldown.
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    bUt If ThEy FiX iT rOsE wIlL bE uSlEsS aGaIn
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

nnjm3fm35e7q.png

I believe the text description of the ability is the inaccurate portion of the raid. I could be wrong.

Then why is it inconsistent. Sometimes the ability starts on cooldown and other times it doesn't:
    pxml8hivu4fw.png

Start at 3:22:05 and you will see it is his first attempt during that phase.
    https://youtu.be/cVUy0nhoyPk?t=12125
  • Or just send in Wat/hYoda/C3PO/MM by themselves and watch them retreat to reset the CD. It is really a non factor