F2P GL Progress - 2nd Batch

Replies

• Gonna finally unlock gl rey this week suxsguchly3j.jpg
  • Oooookay.
  • 2u9prjtwefwy.jpg
    Just Piett to go, although I need 102 shards to get him to 7*, but hopefully I can farm all the gear needed to get him to g13 while I farm shards.
  • Scrybe wrote: »
    i5brhbzmxbyi.png

Unlocked my second GL - JML yesterday :).

I'm going to take some time to round out my roster and gear up teams that I've neglected for far too long now.

Then it's onto SLKR...

Dude. You're YouTube videos are awesome. As a heterosexual man, I still have to say... Your voice is sexy!

Congrats on unlocking JML.
  • I unlocked my 2nd GL (entirely F2P) about a month ago. Took exactly 69 days.

Been working on guild priorities, but will soon shift to JML chase. Not sure how long it will take, but I'm not that worried about it since I already have JKL and although I haven't geared them, I at least have 3PAC and Mon Mothma at 7*.
  • Just need to finish up piett then grind out relic matssspcm2r4pykp.png
  • Almost there just in time for the next set if GLs. 100% f2p. Fortunate to be on shards where i finish 1st every day.

Know of a few other f2p that got 4 GLs a month or 2 ago. Not sure how they did it but props to them. I got side tracked on a couple other characters that set me back about 2 weeks but otherwise I've been as efficient as i think I could be getting the GLs.

fv4b3o1q47ya.jpg
  • 6Delara6 wrote: »
    Almost there just in time for the next set if GLs. 100% f2p. Fortunate to be on shards where i finish 1st every day.

Know of a few other f2p that got 4 GLs a month or 2 ago. Not sure how they did it but props to them. I got side tracked on a couple other characters that set me back about 2 weeks but otherwise I've been as efficient as i think I could be getting the GLs.

fv4b3o1q47ya.jpg

Still a good effort nonetheless. Now it will be time to hoard gear/crystals. That being said you want to farm all the newer characters just in case they are needed
  • ScoundrelRui
    805 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm 8 shards away from 7* Piett (last character), but I should have everything I need to take him straight to relic 5. Then ticket farming time.

I've also got all six zetas saved up for SEE as well.
  • For SEE, all characters ready, 8 shards to get 6 stars tie bomber. Gear ready to unlock him r7 + 6 zetas. So excited, my first GL, farming since september
    Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise ?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    6Delara6 wrote: »
    Almost there just in time for the next set if GLs. 100% f2p. Fortunate to be on shards where i finish 1st every day.

fv4b3o1q47ya.jpg

Great! No matter what the case is, you are still in extreme minority. I stopped at 2+hoarded enough for 1 more but will wait for the next batch. The 4th one would be far off though
    Post edited by MaruMaru on
  • Yeah, I got Rey & SLKR, but along the way did a bunch of other things that were guild priorities (including assembling a strong KAM squad - I've only lost twice since I qualified and only 1x since I started playing it for serious - the first time I qualified I knew I still didn't have anywhere near the relic level & stats for completion, just did it for practice).

Right now I could got JML fairly quickly, and I'm leaning that way, but I'm putting the finishing touches on some Rancor squads first (brought some toons up to relic, now their relic levels are on hold to finish Gideon, then quickly finish up. Gideon luck has been terrible, but still should be 2 weeks or less to finish, then 7-10 days for all my Rancor toons to hit r5).

Ultimately, I'm going to face a decision in about 3 weeks about whether to start slapping relic levels on JML toons or whether to wait for the next GL announcement & hoard everything until then.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Figured I'd invest in a light side one. Already had half of the requirements at g13 when they were announced and still finishing SLKR.

Took a break for 2 months from dedicated GL farming because it really hampers the niche farming.

Currently here after about a month of solid work:

8wbkaf8b799f.png

(Magna is there for GAS farming)
  • @Vendi1983

Hows your 3PAC? Is he not unlocked?
  • 8dmvougpkhc6.jpg
    And it begins.
  • @MasterSeedy that screen is just who I have left. He's 7* & R7 just because. Beastly... Love the investment in that one.

C3 is done now too.
  • Cmon cg...

Give us a new pair GL
    As ftp...i already have 4 GL
    And still have 40k crystal
    I am hoarding mode now

• MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    As ftp...i already have 4 GL

You're a better player than me. I'm FtP & have 2 GL + 1/2 of JML's requirements. I'd love to have JML before the next GLs are announced. (I'm not saying that they should delay the announcement, just that I wish I could have JML by whenever that is.)
  • If you only farm GLs you need to keep your farm very focus on farming requirements only but you will miss on farming other characters that you really like
  • Well, yes. That's why I haven't completed 4 GLs already. I could have, but I went after other goals, including RCT teams that don't help the pursuit of GLs.

Everything in the game is a trade off ... until you complete everything. I'm sure that there are people out there who have every toon relic'd, but that's not me.
  • Well, yes. That's why I haven't completed 4 GLs already. I could have, but I went after other goals, including RCT teams that don't help the pursuit of GLs.

Everything in the game is a trade off ... until you complete everything. I'm sure that there are people out there who have every toon relic'd, but that's not me.

Yeah i sacrificed new mando team and mom tm team for 4 GL.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    The sheer amount of stun guns and MK5 Arakyd Droid Caller salvages that the Resistance toons need is kinda putting me off from chasing SEE and GML after I’m done with them and getting GL Rey.

So I will probably go for the Imperial troopers (which includes Moff Gideon and Dark Trooper.) and polish up the toons I’ve neglected (Geos, Sith Trio etc.)

By then Chewie&Treeepio and Mon Mothma should be dropping double shards.
  • Lack
    74 posts Member
    Just got JML as F2P. Once they went the route of GLs and wasn’t close to Rey or SLKR, I started gears rebels like crazy so when JKL was announced all I needed was Hoda and wampa. Then mothma and threepio for JML.

After having him for 2 days I’ve never climbed so fast and stayed high in arena for so long it actually makes arena fun.

100% glad I went with JML.
  • Figure I'll join the conversation. Not a FTP exactly just small mino.

Have 1 GL done for a long time SLKR. Working on both my 2nd and 3rd GL requirements. SEE first and JML

2pzdw0dkopxh.jpg

I only have thrawn, sidious and krennic left before I get SEE. All the other requirements are done. I need JKL to get JML. Obviously I need wampa so he's the one I'm farming with get1, got hyoda done little bit go. I was using get1 to gear toons for the longest untill those 2 became required. Really bit me in my butt on that one
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Figure I'll join the conversation. Not a FTP exactly just small mino.

Have 1 GL done for a long time SLKR. Working on both my 2nd and 3rd GL requirements. SEE first and JML

2pzdw0dkopxh.jpg

I only have thrawn, sidious and krennic left before I get SEE. All the other requirements are done. I need JKL to get JML. Obviously I need wampa so he's the one I'm farming with get1, got hyoda done little bit go. I was using get1 to gear toons for the longest untill those 2 became required. Really bit me in my butt on that one

One pointer. Track your gear progress using https://gear.swgohevents.com/

Right now you are doing yourself a disservice by gearing rather junky gl needs as the gear comes and not even one gl but two. The optimal way is to gear the most useful ones out of the reqs and then save all the gear for the rest until you have enough to unlock the event and the gl will be joining shortly to the reliced junk.
  • rcxn48n0rmpl.jpg
    I've finally unlocked my first GL
  • I'm having a problem when I link GAS in squad arena though, he appears to cleanse himself of the link, so he doesn't lose his max protection and he also regains it after he kneels. I did the JML battle in conquest and he lost his protection like he's supposed to there.
  • I'm having a problem when I link GAS in squad arena though, he appears to cleanse himself of the link, so he doesn't lose his max protection and he also regains it after he kneels. I did the JML battle in conquest and he lost his protection like he's supposed to there.

You're probably hitting him too much, so that he loses his protection before he loses his max protection. You want the enemies to take enough turns so that GAS loses all of his max protection (his protection bar will be gone). That way he won't get up again because he can't regenerate protection.

If he takes too much damage and kneels before his protection bar is gone, he'll still be able to regenerate protection and then he'll stand up
  • Thanks for that, while SEE isn't relic'd I might just need to deal with it because he won't have the survivability. Slowing my sith down might do it too, but I don't particularly want to spend my day re-modding them.