SEE definitely needs a buff!

Replies

• Starslayer wrote: »
    LordDunbar wrote: »
    GraveTroll wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Meanwhile see arena top usage keeps rising, he'll surpass kylo at this pace.

Because JML is the top arena squad right now and SEE is a hard counter to that. Problem is all the Kylos eat SEEs and you can potentially plummet afterwards

And SEE is no longer even a threat to JML. R8 JML can beat any SEE team as long as it's modded for max offense and you put your best speed mods on JKR. EzPz wins.

If you could please elaborate, I still have issue versus SEE and am genuinely interested !

Just mod JML for offense. Offense cross, etc. Use team below in the picture.

As long as you can kill all of SEE's teammates before he gets ult, which is super easy to do unless you mess up, you win.

ve3zwj6emnfc.jpg

Photo above is my friend's JML. He doesn't even have "god mods" on JML, just decent offense mods. He hasn't lost to SEE in a few weeks now, actually he climbs arena by targeting SEE teams as it's become easier for him to kill SEE than it is to kill other JML teams in mirror match.
  • LordDunbar wrote: »
    As long as you can kill all of SEE's teammates before he gets ult, which is super easy to do unless you mess up, you win.

What if anything can the SEE team do to make this more difficult?
    Starslayer wrote: »

Because JML is the top arena squad right now and SEE is a hard counter to that. Problem is all the Kylos eat SEEs and you can potentially plummet afterwards

And SEE is no longer even a threat to JML. R8 JML can beat any SEE team as long as it's modded for max offense and you put your best speed mods on JKR. EzPz wins.

If you could please elaborate, I still have issue versus SEE and am genuinely interested !

ve3zwj6emnfc.jpg

Photo above is my friend's JML. He doesn't even have "god mods" on JML, just decent offense mods. He hasn't lost to SEE in a few weeks now, actually he climbs arena by targeting SEE teams as it's become easier for him to kill SEE than it is to kill other JML teams in mirror match.

That see does not look like he is even in the leader slot to me
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Or doesn't he
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Well after unlocking his ultimate I haven't been able to do a fight against jedi without laughing and smiling. I'm trying to find the phrase that fits the feeling and I believe it's referred to "shock and awe". You all are crazy thinking he's so weak. Dropping 4 of the best Jedi in the game with one move in under 90 seconds of fighting doesn't set off the "needs buffed" alarms.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Yeah it’s probably the SLKR solo, Rey & Wat duo or SEE & Wat duo beating full SEE team that drives most SEE owners crazy. Link is a bit useless in these matches to get to ultimate and actually help him out on defense. A lower investment (2 characters) beats a higher investment (full team, even perhaps using 2 of the same characters). Not a great precedent. For instance, imagine GAS and Wat beating GAS and full 501st clones reliably? Not a great precedent.

He’s a good character but mostly offensive PvP. A bit of a niche for him. Now that Armorer is there at least he can more reliably counter SLKR. He’s always been phenomenal against Jedi.
  • Konju wrote: »
    Yeah it’s probably the SLKR solo, Rey & Wat duo or SEE & Wat duo beating full SEE team that drives most SEE owners crazy. Link is a bit useless in these matches to get to ultimate and actually help him out on defense. A lower investment (2 characters) beats a higher investment (full team, even perhaps using 2 of the same characters). Not a great precedent. For instance, imagine GAS and Wat beating GAS and full 501st clones reliably? Not a great precedent.

He’s a good character but mostly offensive PvP. A bit of a niche for him. Now that Armorer is there at least he can more reliably counter SLKR. He’s always been phenomenal against Jedi.

Agreed. Every team in this game has another team that beats it so the whole he's bad on defense doesn't matter to me at all as I went in knowing I'd never throw him on defense. Padme embarrassed GAS , Gas cheese versus SLKR, GG beating up a JML lead with GAS and JKL present, Vader being up on Rey teams and my favorite NS destroying JKR. None of that will ever change as that's how this game plays. I think the ones that are upset are the ones expecting that unbeatable team on defense and I have news for them, there never has been an unbeatable team so quit expecting one.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

Agreed. Every team in this game has another team that beats it so the whole he's bad on defense doesn't matter to me at all as I went in knowing I'd never throw him on defense. Padme embarrassed GAS , Gas cheese versus SLKR, GG beating up a JML lead with GAS and JKL present, Vader being up on Rey teams and my favorite NS destroying JKR. None of that will ever change as that's how this game plays. I think the ones that are upset are the ones expecting that unbeatable team on defense and I have news for them, there never has been an unbeatable team so quit expecting one.

I’m happy with counter teams, but an underman mirror match winning vs full squad is a significant difference compared to what you listed imo. It is what it is, but I see a distinction. Also GAS cheese led to SLKR buff, but I digress...

Every time you use SEE in Squad Arena, he will automatically be placed on defense (unless using crystal refreshes immediately and swapping out teams). It should be noted how unlikely it is that every single SEE owner is in shard chats and given free opportunity to hold for their payouts. I’m sure SEE’s defensive viability matters for some of these “excluded” players. In GAC & TW, SEE’s obvious use is offense, no argument there.

I don’t have SEE, but I don’t like the precedent this underman mirror sets. Would it not have been amazing to not gear clones and just use GAS underman mirror due to higher reliability? Not really. The example with SEE is a cheap exploit of portions of a poorly designed kit imo. The mirror match illustrates this defensive exploit best.

All that said, SEE still has great use on offense, but has some major flaws that open the door to more cheesing possibilities down the road. If you don’t see a distinction between the squads you listed and the underman mirror I illustrated, then I am happy to agree to disagree.

I’m happy with counter teams, but an underman mirror match winning vs full squad is a significant difference compared to what you listed imo. It is what it is, but I see a distinction. Also GAS cheese led to SLKR buff, but I digress...

Every time you use SEE in Squad Arena, he will automatically be placed on defense (unless using crystal refreshes immediately and swapping out teams). It should be noted how unlikely it is that every single SEE owner is in shard chats and given free opportunity to hold for their payouts. I’m sure SEE’s defensive viability matters for some of these “excluded” players. In GAC & TW, SEE’s obvious use is offense, no argument there.

I don’t have SEE, but I don’t like the precedent this underman mirror sets. Would it not have been amazing to not gear clones and just use GAS underman mirror due to higher reliability? Not really. The example with SEE is a cheap exploit of portions of a poorly designed kit imo. The mirror match illustrates this defensive exploit best.

All that said, SEE still has great use on offense, but has some major flaws that open the door to more cheesing possibilities down the road. If you don’t see a distinction between the squads you listed and the underman mirror I illustrated, then I am happy to agree to disagree.

Oh ok I see what you were saying and can understand your stance on it. As for arena use it would be shard dependent for the most part. I have SLKR(1st GL) and SEE. I am not in the shard chat but I used to run it for a couple years before closing it down and can say that I drop far less with SEE on defense versus SLKR. SLKR and I'm guaranteed to be in the 50-60 range. SEE I'm dropping to 20s and 30s and that's about it. But again, this is all shard related and mine is full of JMLs. The JMLs that don't have SEE are running into more issues than anyone else though I know that due to the steady increase in SEEs we are seeing. Balance....... it's a wonderful thing to see out here )
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

Oh ok I see what you were saying and can understand your stance on it. As for arena use it would be shard dependent for the most part. I have SLKR(1st GL) and SEE. I am not in the shard chat but I used to run it for a couple years before closing it down and can say that I drop far less with SEE on defense versus SLKR. SLKR and I'm guaranteed to be in the 50-60 range. SEE I'm dropping to 20s and 30s and that's about it. But again, this is all shard related and mine is full of JMLs. The JMLs that don't have SEE are running into more issues than anyone else though I know that due to the steady increase in SEEs we are seeing. Balance....... it's a wonderful thing to see out here )

My shard plays out similarly, though I am in our shard chat. I have JML and some of the SEE mods are not beatable by Jericho etc. (at least with my mods, which aren’t terrible). I struggle to get my entire team above 345 speed DRs (not counting lead). SEE definitely does well against Jedi. I definitely prefer balance in Arena as well.

I am glad for those doing well with SEE, I just know of some players not yet getting the same opportunities in younger arena shards. I appreciate and understand the great offensive take you have illustrated. Thanks for an interesting discussion.

My shard plays out similarly, though I am in our shard chat. I have JML and some of the SEE mods are not beatable by Jericho etc. (at least with my mods, which aren’t terrible). I struggle to get my entire team above 345 speed DRs (not counting lead). SEE definitely does well against Jedi. I definitely prefer balance in Arena as well.

I am glad for those doing well with SEE, I just know of some players not yet getting the same opportunities in younger arena shards. I appreciate and understand the great offensive take you have illustrated. Thanks for an interesting discussion.

And thanks to you as well. Have a great rest of the week 🤙
  • Still nothing yet from the developers
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Looooki wrote: »
    Still nothing yet from the developers

They said he isn't getting a buff. What more do you want them to say?

From page 149:
    At this time, the devs have no intentions of making any changes to SEE’s kit. I understand this isn’t the update some of you were hoping for, but I wanted to address this head-on and let you all know.

I still very much appreciate the effort of those who spent part of their holiday break helping me gather information to present. The experience will be useful as we continue to work together on other issues. Obviously, some will be successful and some won’t. But, that doesn’t mean we won’t keep doing our best to relay player sentiment and advocate on your behalf.

• MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Not a buff, but speeding up his link animation would be nice
  • He doesn't really need a buff does he? I'm beating everything in less than a minute.
    Starslayer wrote: »

ve3zwj6emnfc.jpg

Tried twice and failed twice, can't kill SEE's teamates fast enough, or I finish with only a few against Ulti SEE and get smashed. 13k special offense on JML, decent speed. As having "god mods" doesn't seem required, I guess I don't use the right moves or it's SEE's comp dependant :(

It was worth the shot anyway !
  • Yes please, see is not strong enough 😂

https://youtu.be/rql-_ezUJ-c
  • it's quite funny, that SEE is a counter for JML... but JML with bastila lead becomes absolutely unbeatable for SEE
  • it's quite funny, that SEE is a counter for JML... but JML with bastila lead becomes absolutely unbeatable for SEE

I'm loving it. Holding way better with Bastila lead.

Nice to have a use for her lead again.

Not true at all, use Traya isolate on JML.

Must be my over active imagination then, but I'm pretty sure I've beaten this comp on multiple occasions. It's not even vaguely unbeatable for SEE.
    Check your "facts" Pal.

It isn't unbeatable at all. Just takes a few minutes at times but that's about it.
  • DarthSutasukeru
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    it's quite funny, that SEE is a counter for JML... but JML with bastila lead becomes absolutely unbeatable for SEE

Traya's isolate doesn't stop him from restoring protection
    it's quite funny, that SEE is a counter for JML... but JML with bastila lead becomes absolutely unbeatable for SEE

It isn't unbeatable at all. Just takes a few minutes at times but that's about it.

R7-R8 JML constantly restoring his protection to full with each hit
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Must be my over active imagination then, but I'm pretty sure I've beaten this comp on multiple occasions. It's not even vaguely unbeatable for SEE.
    Check your "facts" Pal.

The only character that actually allowed me to beat R8 JML witth bastila is Thrawn with his fracture.
    Full sith comps would rather fail
  • UdalCuain wrote: »

From page 149:
    At this time, the devs have no intentions of making any changes to SEE’s kit. I understand this isn’t the update some of you were hoping for, but I wanted to address this head-on and let you all know.

I still very much appreciate the effort of those who spent part of their holiday break helping me gather information to present. The experience will be useful as we continue to work together on other issues. Obviously, some will be successful and some won’t. But, that doesn’t mean we won’t keep doing our best to relay player sentiment and advocate on your behalf.

“At this time”

Well, we are now at a different time, so let’s hear if they’re NOW planning on a rework.
  • The only character that actually allowed me to beat R8 JML witth bastila is Thrawn with his fracture.

So....he's unbeatable with SEE unless you use a character required to unlock SEE ? Oo

Traya's isolate doesn't stop him from restoring protection

R7-R8 JML constantly restoring his protection to full with each hit
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Check your "facts" Pal.

The only character that actually allowed me to beat R8 JML witth bastila is Thrawn with his fracture.

So it's not unbeatable then.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    Eweff wrote: »
    “At this time”

Well, we are now at a different time, so let’s hear if they’re NOW planning on a rework.

It's not even a month later and nothing really happened. When new toons, new game modes, a lot of things that really change how we play this game came out - something that is happening in a span of 6-12 months - then, and only then they are MAYBE going to consider THINKING about if he could use a tweak or not.
    SEE is good as he is right now, he has his uses like every other GL. Yes, it's unfortunate being solod by another GL or getting steamrolled by Troopers but every team has its counters. Get yourself a zeta and do it like BB8 - 'Rolling with the punches'.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2021
    UdalCuain wrote: »

From page 149:

“At this time”

Why would they consider buffing SEE now, when he's clearly better now than many of the people posting in this thread thought at the time or would like you to believe? There is no other GL that can 2-man virtually every other GL in GAC. Armorer made him in even stronger as well. Yes, things have changed - and most of them in SEE's favor.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

From page 149:

“At this time”

Why would they consider buffing SEE now, when he's clearly better now than many of the people posting in this thread thought at the time or would like you to believe? There is no other GL that can 2-man virtually every other GL in GAC. Armorer made him in even stronger as well. Yes, things have changed - and most of them in SEE's favor.

"I am doing something wrong so maybe they'll fix it for me."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

From page 149:

“At this time”

I don’t actually care about SEE getting buffed or not, I was just making a joke about the way it was phrased. I don’t have SEE nor am I working towards him, I’m just enjoying the discussion.
This discussion has been closed.