Newish Player (Level 68) needs some sort of guidance

Replies

• Or more
  • Yeah, as Grogu said, your best use for GET-1 is Hermit Yoda. Can't remember how many thousands of GET it takes to unlock, but I think it's around 40k-ish.

Ezra is actually a good toon because of his Jedi synergy. Ki-Adi Mundi will make some of the Jedi that seem like a waste now into toons that are better than Ezra, but KAM is a truly end-game toon. Mine is only 4 stars & I'm well over 6 million gp. Without KAM, Ezra is going to be a boost to your Jedi for a good while.

For that reason I think that g11 is a fair gear investment for Ezra, maybe even g12+0. Obviously you'll have other priorities for gear & I'm not suggesting you move him to the top of your list for who gets gear. I only say this to point out that in the long run you won't regret any gear you give to Ezra now. Any gear that trickles down to him once your top priorities are well supplied is going to be gear you won't regret spending.
  • Yeah, as Grogu said, your best use for GET-1 is Hermit Yoda. Can't remember how many thousands of GET it takes to unlock, but I think it's around 40k-ish.

Ezra is actually a good toon because of his Jedi synergy. Ki-Adi Mundi will make some of the Jedi that seem like a waste now into toons that are better than Ezra, but KAM is a truly end-game toon. Mine is only 4 stars & I'm well over 6 million gp. Without KAM, Ezra is going to be a boost to your Jedi for a good while.

For that reason I think that g11 is a fair gear investment for Ezra, maybe even g12+0. Obviously you'll have other priorities for gear & I'm not suggesting you move him to the top of your list for who gets gear. I only say this to point out that in the long run you won't regret any gear you give to Ezra now. Any gear that trickles down to him once your top priorities are well supplied is going to be gear you won't regret spending.

This it true.

If you have a stack of Guild Tokens and you are getting 5k a week, you can get gear for your utmost priority only. Don't get gear for too many characters. If you are doing Hoth TB (expected at your level) I would also spend excess on Colonel Starck up to 5* for now, as Imp. Troopers are needed for IPD and are a good team.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • Better Than Ezra

What a great band.
  • I don't know my income on Guild Tokens exactly, to be honest - but it seems a fair bit, because I was able to buy Dengar and Logray every time they showed up and also when they were both in the shop, without hurting my stack.
    I also bought some gear, like stun guns or droid callers, because it didn't hurt and it was immediate progress.

Col. Starck was a thought for me, but didn't exactly know, how to use him. I also got a Hoth Rebel Soldier unlock with Bronziums, which I think can be used for Hoth TB.

My guild is doing Geo TB this week - I don't know though how to participate, to get Wat shards ;)
    I only know some basics of TB and don't exactly know what to do as low level ;)

For Ezra - he is only 4* and so far he is working as long as Bastilas protection is up. Was thinking about pausing my T3 farm for getting Ezra to 5 or even 6* but I don't know if that will delay me in the long run.
    Mission node is unlocked in 2 levels and GBA should be farmed too when the node is available.
    I can't really judge the duration of the leveling process right now, and if it's long enough to get enough shards of those needed toons

• Nec_Azares wrote: »
    I don't know my income on Guild Tokens exactly, to be honest - but it seems a fair bit, because I was able to buy Dengar and Logray every time they showed up and also when they were both in the shop, without hurting my stack.
    I also bought some gear, like stun guns or droid callers, because it didn't hurt and it was immediate progress.

Col. Starck was a thought for me, but didn't exactly know, how to use him. I also got a Hoth Rebel Soldier unlock with Bronziums, which I think can be used for Hoth TB.

My guild is doing Geo TB this week - I don't know though how to participate, to get Wat shards ;)
    I only know some basics of TB and don't exactly know what to do as low level ;)

For Ezra - he is only 4* and so far he is working as long as Bastilas protection is up. Was thinking about pausing my T3 farm for getting Ezra to 5 or even 6* but I don't know if that will delay me in the long run.
    Mission node is unlocked in 2 levels and GBA should be farmed too when the node is available.
    I can't really judge the duration of the leveling process right now, and if it's long enough to get enough shards of those needed toons

Put any toons you can to ‘platoons’ and deploy the rest.

Your guild will get you Wat shards (you need GNA)
  • So my leveling at Level 75 starts to get slow

Still there is thought of putting aside T3 shortly and maybe get Ezra up a bit - I need 150 more T3 shards for 7*

Hopefully the ship shards get better - especially X1 - I still don't even have enough 4* ships for the Tarkin challenge (3/5 - Vulture 10 shards from 4*)
    Seen a lot of videos lateley, where everyone just hard focussed on KRU/Silencer and that seemed to work
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Nec_Azares wrote: »
    So my leveling at Level 75 starts to get slow

Still there is thought of putting aside T3 shortly and maybe get Ezra up a bit - I need 150 more T3 shards for 7*

Hopefully the ship shards get better - especially X1 - I still don't even have enough 4* ships for the Tarkin challenge (3/5 - Vulture 10 shards from 4*)
    Seen a lot of videos lateley, where everyone just hard focussed on KRU/Silencer and that seemed to work

You will want both T3 and Ezra at 7* eventually to unlock JKR and Thrawn respectively. Which of the two are you farming for first? I'd recommend to choose one and stay on that path instead of switching back and forth between them. You don't need Ezra for your jedi team. You have plenty of attackers with GMY, JKA and Ahsoka.

You will need 6 non-capital ships (any alignment) at 5* for the zeta ability mat challenge. Yes, promoting Executrix is the first step but you will need more than just the ships for the Executrix challenge.

Yes, Silencer is very strong in young fleet shards and it's a relatively quick 2-in-1 farm (the ship and its pilot on the same node). It's a matter of priorities. Do you prioritize Thrawn, JKR og fleet arena for now?

Regarding TB:
    For DS Geos TB you can only use 6* and 7* characters/ships. You probably won't be able to complete a single wave in combat missions but don't let that discourage you. You will build teams for it as your roster grows. For now just platoon and deploy everything you've got. Maybe attempt a combat mission with your separatists just to test the difficulty.
  • I think my problem is, that I'm thinking in short term goals too much

I know, I want to get Padme and her team, as soon after hitting 85 and nearly at the same time JKR. I know what I need for it and have no problem farming the toons for the goal.

But then I look at my current situation:

I know I'd like to stay in Top50 fleet at least - would like it more to climb slowly
    For that I'd need Ships and Pilots, Ship shards are mostly farmed in GW store, so I need constant GW clearing
    Next is getting close to Level 78 means Zeta mat farming, and I want to start that as soon as possible.
    Again more ships and pilots
    For GW, my Geos are just not that good, because they really lack regen or protection recovery, so my Jedi just run it more smoothly. So I want to improve that team to get constant clears.
    So that also means improving GMY, which needs more Jedi

I hope you can see my thought dilemma and why it seems, that I am spreaded though my farms stay the same, getting to the long term goals. It's just that I don't see the short term improvement ;)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Managing your resources and planning your farms is a big part of this game, so yes, I see it.
  • Yes, you're thinking too short term.

Pushing on Phoenix to get Thrawn is good, but pushing on T3 to get JKR is also good.

The difference is that Thrawn's event is available to you now, the JKR event is locked until level 85. Let's look at some numbers:
    It takes about 2 weeks per level from level 80-85, so there's 10 weeks of farming to get T3 ready, and T3 simply isn't worth it other than to get JKR.

T3's node requires 12 energy per attempt, drop rate is 0.3 to 0.33 (3 in 9 to 3 in 10). Per day, with no Cantina energy refreshes, you can get 165 energy. 165/12 = 13.75 attempts per day. Let's round down.

At 13 attempts/day, you get 3.9 - 4.33 shards per day. 150/4 = 37.5 days of farming with no Cantina refreshes. You can also calculate the shards as 28 to 30 per week or 55-65 per level (it gets slightly better per level as you go on, since it takes a bit longer to go from level 84 => 85 than it does from 80=>81). The estimates over the longer time frame is actually more helpful since it reduces stress when you get a bad day or even a bad couple days. You will have both bad an good days, and it should still average out to something about the drop rate I've estimated.

37.5 days is barely more than 5 weeks, which is half the time it takes to go from level 80 to level 85.

So if you stop farming T3 and restart when you hit level 82, you'll finish in time, with room to spare. If you do that, you will lose NOTHING in your JKR efforts, since they can't pay off any earlier than level 85.

The obvious thing to do, then, is to put T3 off until level 82 and use the intervening time to finish Ezra, if there was nothing else you needed for JKR.

But I think you don't actually have Mission yet. Her node opens up at level 77, and unless you've been buying shards in shipments, I think that means you don't have any of her yet. This complicates things.

Her node is 16 energy, so with no cantina refreshes you get 10 attempts per day (165 energy/16 per attempt). This gives you 3 to 3.33 shards per day. Needing 330 shards, this means about 100 days, which is nearly the entire time between level 77 & level 85.

So assuming you don't have a secret stash of Mission shards, and taking all of the above into account, what you want to do is use your daily free energy to keep farming T3 for the next couple levels. Meanwhile, throw in a 100 crystal energy refresh every chance you get for the next couple levels & spend that energy entirely on Ezra attempts.

At level 77, switch over to Mission farm, using all your free energy + 1x 100 crystal refresh if you have it available. If you have to do a 100 crystal refresh every other day, that's okay. If you have to reduce your regular energy refreshes (or zero them out) that's also okay if JKR is your top priority. (If something else is your top priority, then don't sacrifice success on that front to increase progress on something lower down your priority list.)
    Remember that for regular energy nodes you should expect about 1.6 shards/day. This means from level 80 to level 85 you'll get about 1.6 * 70 = 112 shards per day (call it 100 to 120 so you're not surprised at the effects of RNG).

Any toons you have at 6* when you hit level 80 should be easily at 7* with no node refreshes when you hit level 85 as long as you get in your 5 attempts/day.

Then when you finish Mission, look at where you are on T3 and remember that you'll get 55 to 65 shards per level. If you're 100 shards away from T3 and level 83 when you finish Mission, you'll have to get to work on T3 right away. But if you've got some room, like if you're level 83 but only 70 shards away, you can slip in one week of work on Ezra before switching over to work on T3 full time.

In the meantime, of course, you can still spend 100 crystals on a Cantina energy refresh when you have it available, then spend that 120 energy on Ezra.

This provides inconsistent progress on Ezra (and thus inconsistent progress on Thrawn) while guaranteeing you finish on schedule with your Jedi Revan requirements.

Remember that while Thrawn is a great toon, boosting him for his Ship isn't the way to go right now: you're going with Geonosians and they work very well under Tarkin. If you have 2 fleet commanders, you're just going to get confused about which one to gear when.

Focus on one fleet commander - Tarkin. And don't worry about Thrawn right now. You'll make some progress on him while getting ready for JKR, but you've already decided that JKR is a more important priority than Thrawn. If you second guess your long term plan, you'll never get anything done.

Make your long term plan and follow through.

If you want to revise your long term plan & focus on Thrawn now while delaying JKR, I will help you make up a plan that does that. But the current plan is Padmé first & JKR second. If you start worrying about too many things at once, you'll sabotage yourself. So don't do that. Trust yourself. Trust your plan. Then go and accomplish it.

In short: Do or do not. There is no try.
  • Did anyone ever mention how great of a mentor you are?
    Same goes to Grogu and Waqui.

I know, where the problem lies. It's the everyday struggle, when you're losing a match in Squad Arena where you thought you could have won. An then the thought, if there is another toon or team, that could help me more.

But on the other hand, I also see how it's getting smoother and smoother in GW, by "only" focussing on the long term plan and using Nute/Geos + Bastila Jedi

The thing with Ezra is, he alone won't unlock Thrawn, so I also need to adapt other thing to get the rest of Phoenix. And for GMY I still have Old Ben or Windu, who are already ahead starwise and have some shards now and then from Bronziums, where the first will also be useful later for getting Palps

So keeping the focus on Padme and JKR will just be the better option, and everything else will put itself together. I think I will just focus on Phoenix, when I can commit to the other members aswell. The idea of putting some Ezra farm here and there though is a good one, because then I can solely focus on Hera, when it's the time
    And getting the number crunch was just so helpful, thanks again

I must unlearn, what I have learned ;)
    Did anyone ever mention how great of a mentor you are?
    Same goes to Grogu and Waqui.

I know, where the problem lies. It's the everyday struggle, when you're losing a match in Squad Arena where you thought you could have won. An then the thought, if there is another toon or team, that could help me more.

But on the other hand, I also see how it's getting smoother and smoother in GW, by "only" focussing on the long term plan and using Nute/Geos + Bastila Jedi

The thing with Ezra is, he alone won't unlock Thrawn, so I also need to adapt other thing to get the rest of Phoenix. And for GMY I still have Old Ben or Windu, who are already ahead starwise and have some shards now and then from Bronziums, where the first will also be useful later for getting Palps

So keeping the focus on Padme and JKR will just be the better option, and everything else will put itself together. I think I will just focus on Phoenix, when I can commit to the other members aswell. The idea of putting some Ezra farm here and there though is a good one, because then I can solely focus on Hera, when it's the time
    And getting the number crunch was just so helpful, thanks again

I must unlearn, what I have learned ;)

Thx. And yes, I agree that MasterSeedy was indirectly a great mentor for me too (I read his advice even before I made an account).
  • I did nearly the same - read a lot of threads of you and MasterSeedy as soon as I started the game. So I knew few things.

One thing though @MasterSeedy
    the calculation for the T3 drops seems to have a mistake in it, if I'm not wrong.
    You calculate with 33% droprate, which is right, but you don't count, that it is 33% droprate to get 2 shards and not only one, as it was before the speed up.
    You may correct me if I'm wrong please :)
    I did nearly the same - read a lot of threads of you and MasterSeedy as soon as I started the game. So I knew few things.

One thing though @MasterSeedy
    the calculation for the T3 drops seems to have a mistake in it, if I'm not wrong.
    You calculate with 33% droprate, which is right, but you don't count, that it is 33% droprate to get 2 shards and not only one, as it was before the speed up.
    You may correct me if I'm wrong please :)

You are right I think, but I haven't read the full maths
  • o, you're absolutely right.

Farming time is halved. In that case I would definitely do some Ezra right now, as the Mission drops are also doubled.

See what you can get between now & when Mission's node unlocks at level 77. If you do Cantina energy refreshes between now & level 77, they shouldn't be a priority, and use them for T3. Just use that first 165 energy/day on Ezra. At 20 attempts/day, drop rate 0.3 to 0.33, 2 shards per drop, you should get 12-13 shards per day. 10 days from now you should have Ezra at 6* or so, since I believe you said he's 4 stars now. That's a big improvement in GW performance and ability to unlock Thrawn, etc. Since it won't slow down JKR, I would go Ezra right now, just until you hit level 77.

• Still need to do the maths for minding the GBA unlock at Lvl 83 though
  • Let's do some math again & use that to justify exactly how & when you farm each toon to get JKR the moment you hit level 85, but making sure you get GBA unlocked as soon as possible, then Ezra & Hera to 7* as soon as possible after that, then returning to GBA to finish up your Geos and make them Wat Tambor mission ready.
    GBA at 16 energy/attempt = 10 attempts/day = 6-7 shards/day.

Unlock at 80 shards,

days to unlock = 12-14. Approximately 1 level (but really probably a bit less), so if you go for unlock starting day 1 that this is available to you at Level 83, you'll finish just before you hit level 84.

Mission is the same as GBA (10 attempts/day; 6-7 shards/day).

Mission will require about 50 days to hit 7-stars, which is about the amount of time it takes to go from level 77 to level 81.

BUT it might take slightly longer than those 4 levels (because levels 77-80 are quicker than 80-85, so I'm not sure how precise my estimate is here or how well i've got things pinned down. If the levels go quicker, well, we have to plan for that). So we should only plan for about 15 days of T3 between finishing Mission & going for GBA unlock, then another 15 days from GBA unlock and the switch to T3 until you hit level 85, with your new eligibility for JKR.

That's 30 days for T3 farming, assuming you do nothing but Ezra between now & day 1 of level 77 (when you start Mission). You said:
    I need 150 more T3 shards for 7*

So, let's see what we can get in 30 days?

When I calculated drops, but forgot that each drop is 2 shards now, we had this:
    At 13 attempts/day, you get 3.9 - 4.33 shards per day. 150/4 = 37.5 days of farming with no Cantina refreshes. You can also calculate the shards as 28 to 30 per week or 55-65 per level

If we double that to account for 2 shards per drop, we get 8-9 shards per day.

30 days at 8 shards per day = 240 shards.

Since you only need 150 shards, you're already 90 shards more than you need, and remember that in all these new calculations I've used not one single Cantina energy refresh. Excess farming opportunities can go to Ezra/Hera.

So with this suggested plan:
    • Ezra today until day1 level 77,
    • Mission day1 level 77 until 7-stars,
    • T3 from Mission complete until day 1 level 83,
    • GBA from day 1 level 83 to unlock,
    • T3 from GBA unlock until complete
    • Ezra until complete
    • Hera until complete
    • GBA until complete

You should still finish all of that before level 85. You won't miss out on a single day of your new JKR toy.

GBA is great even just at unlock, especially for things like Galactic War. You'll add more later, but it doesn't hurt you to finish your JKR requirements first and GBA after that.

I would even put off GBA until after Ezra & Hera (as I did for you in my suggested plan). They'll be fantastically quick (Hera is 20 attempts/day or 13-ish shards/day), GBA will do what it needs to do in the short term even at just 4 stars, and you want to finish Palp & Thrawn as well.

Now, just because the plan doesn't require any Cantina Energy refreshes doesn't mean you can't use them, but since you're getting GBA as soon as possible and since Mission & T3 aren't needed until level 85 when the event unlocks, this at least suggests that...

...if you decide to spend on Cantina energy refreshes, put all "refresh energy" towards Phoenix nodes ONLY. Since the Palp & Thrawn events are unlocked already, getting those two toons done early can actually translate into extra stars on your most important Empire toons early. Ezra also helps with your Jedi squad, even if you can't unlock Palp & Thrawn when you have Hera & Ezra done because the other toons are lagging. The JKR toons don't help you if you get them done early, so don't push them.

The only other reasonable place to put your Cantina refresh energy is KRU & his TIE Silencer (on the same node). If you end up refreshing Cantina energy so much that you get to a point where you think you need help balancing Phoenix vs. KRU, just come back and ask & someone will look at your roster again at that point.
  • Thx for that maths MasterSeedy, How hard could it be if I gave you some figure for my alt :).
  • Great!

Did myself some Excel too yesterday and came to the same results in farming days.

So the plan for Cantina is set
    the Hard nodes and fleet nodes are working good aswell - Switching to Bastila in Fleet only didn't set me back a lot - she's on a good way to 7*. Think around 6-10/100 ;)
    Threw in some Dooku now and then, so he also got 100/100, but I am keeping the credits for now, until I really need him 7*
    Sun Fac's ship is one buy away from 5*

The store farms are now working exactly into the new plan:

Asajj is finished, so I can directly switch to Kanan, as no other toon is needed instantly
    Daka is 10 or 20 from being finished, so I can start with Chopper there

That leaves out only Zeb, which I need to weave in, between my ships, without getting slowed down

My long term team plan looks like this:

Status Quo:

Geos with Nute Lead

Jedi with Bastila, Ahsoka, Anakin, Jolee/Ezra, GMY

That will go into:

GBA with Geos
    Nute with Dooku and Jango as 3man team or can add Magna Guard and Asajj

Jedi with JKR, Bastila, Jolee, GMY, Ezra

Padme, Ahsoka, Anakin, GK, R2

For getting R2, I can then use: Vader, Tarkin, Starck, Palpatine, Thrawn/Snowtrooper (from Bronziums)

Then I will have a Geos Fleet and may not have far for the GR Fleet (need to add Plo Koon there)

After all that is done I can think about getting my Ewoks done for 3po, finishing Bounty Hunters for Chewie and getting the Rebels for CLS, or starting immediately the DR -> Malak way
  • How's it going? Any updates @Nec_Azares
  • Nec_Azares
    82 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    I just wanted to give some updates, when I read your comment.
    Last days were busy at work so I couldn't get to the forums a lot.

It's going fine so far.
    Hit Level 77 and immediately started to farm Mission
    Ezra hit 6* but Jolee and JKA are a little bit slow.
    So far I didn't throw in Cantina refreshes, but I think I will use them to finish Ezra, instead of sidefarming Hera.

Gearwise:
    Ahsoka hit G9
    Sun Fac is G9
    Spy is G9
    Tarkin is G8

I am now farming HoloProjectors for getting JKA to G7 and I need them for Bastila too - could now instantly upgrade Bastila - but I have only I think 25 Projectors and need 60 in total - 20 for Bastila and 40 for JKA. So don't know if I should up Bastila or first keeping up with JKA

Ships are ok. Spy Ship is now 6*
    X1 is half way done (40/80), Slave I is 30/80
    so still missing the last DS Ship for lvl 78
    Vulture is only 4* - shards coming in so slowly
    Ahsokas Ship is close to 5*

my farms so far are:

Cantina:
    Mission

Cantina Store:
    Chopper

Hard Nodes:
    JKA
    Jolee
    Jango/HT
    Zaalbar
    Vulture
    using spare energy for needed gear and farming the snowtrooper/finn node because of the gear there

Fleet:
    Zaalbar
    Bastila
    ETA2

Fleet Store:
    X1
    Vader
    GG
    Sun Fac Ship

GW Store:
    Geo Ships
    sometimes Ahsokas Ship shards to get her ship to 5*

Guild Store:
    Starck Shards now and then but mostly keeping tokens for Logray

Squad Arena Store:
    Kanan

I also kept all my Omegas so far, because I really don't know, which one will be important
    I also could get Nute to G9, but he needs a MK5 Furnace, where I only have one, and I don't know how important he is to get to G9 right now, and how important the furnace will be
    Post edited by Nec_Azares on
  • Something to consider:

You have a bit more than a week to get your last dark side ship to 5*.

There are a number of ways to do that, but the FIRST thing you should do is stop buying blueprints of Sun Fac, Soldier & Spy in the GW store. ALL that currency should go toward getting other ships to 5*. You can finish those two later. The near term goal is to get that last ship to 5*. You don't want to waste any time in getting your first zetas.

The First Order TIE is available in the GW store. Imperial TIE as well, but it's a rare drop. The currency is not the problem, it just won't show up enough to get to 5*. So whether it's your long-term priority or not, I think you should spend all your GW currency on FO TIE.

You don't need to upgrade the pilot. Only the ship needs to be 5*.

• I need around 4000XP to get to Lv78 rn
    Next Tarkin and Fleetupgrade day will be tomorrow and then on sunday
    I think I'll be 78 before sunday? So I need to have a 5* DS by then?

Anyone knows the exact requirements for the Zeta Challenge? Somehow I was in the thinking that I need 5 4* DS ships and 5 5* ships either DS or LS?
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited March 2021
    You need 5x 4* dark side ships to get Executrix up to 5* to meet the Cap Ship requirement.

You need 8 x 5* ships of any side, light or dark, to actually qualify for the Zeta challenge.

I hadn't really looked at your ships. You're way short. You need one more 4* ship that's definitely darkside, and FIVE more 5* ships.

I stand by what I said about putting off your Spy & Soldier purchases, but you're a long way off, so I'm no longer recommending laying off Sun Fac. Sun Fac is a rare ship & you've got a lot to do, so you can't afford to put off Sun Fac's development for that long. It will hurt your Fleet Arena standings to go too long without improvement.

The other two can catch up quickly, but not Sun Fac. So keep up SF, then grab as much FO TIE as you can, with any extra going to Ahsoka & Jedi Consular until they're 5*. But do not push them past 5*, that's a waste. Keep your 2000 GW tokens in the bank for Sun Fac. Only tokens about 2k go to FO TIE, and only tokens over 3k go to Ahsoka & JC. That will keep you moving forward quickly toward those goals.

In the meantime, keep up with farming Hyena & JKA's starfighter & that's probably as good as we can hope.
    Post edited by MasterSeedy on
  • https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Beginner's_Guide_to_Ships

It says:
    In order to farm zeta's mats, you need Grand Moff Tarkin’s capital ship, Executrix, at 5-stars; and to get a 5-star Executrix, you need 5 Darkside ships for the tri-weekly, Capital Ship Star Upgrade Event. Finally, to farm zeta's, you need to be level 78, use your 5-star Executrix, and have another five 5-star non-capital ships, (both Lightside and DS are acceptable).

I am really confused now :/
  • For the event to boost Executrix to 5 stars, you need a collection of 4 star ships, all dark side.

To **unlock** the zeta event, you need a collection of 5 star ships, of light or dark side, with the 5-star capital ship being the Executrix. The total number of 5-star ships to unlock the event is 8, if I remember correctly.

To actually fight the zeta event you only need 5 x 5 star ships + the Executrix.

So 3 of the ships you use to merely unlock the event can be 5-star, level 1, no abilities improved and it won't matter.

When fighting the event, if your starting 3 are good enough, your 2 reinforcements can also be 5-star, but low level (but I wouldn't trust them to be merely level 1).
  • I don't get it - I need 8 Ships to unlock it, but only 5 ships to fight it???
    That really sounds strange to me, and my planning never included 8 5* ships :/
    Information you get is so scarce and confusing and most of time 2 years outdated

yjxtlvqm6637.png

This is what I found in a video from Dez.20
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Nec_Azares wrote: »
    I don't get it - I need 8 Ships to unlock it, but only 5 ships to fight it???
    That really sounds strange to me, and my planning never included 8 5* ships :/
    Information you get is so scarce and confusing and most of time 2 years outdated

yjxtlvqm6637.png

This is what I found in a video from Dez.20

All ships must be at least 5 Star. The capital ship must be Executrix. The 6 (minimum) non-capital ships can be any ships of your choice.
  • Yeah I get that point

6 5* Ships of any alignment

But where do the 8 ships to unlock come from?

SF
    Soldier
    Spy
    Ahsoka
    Vulture
    +1 (we decided to go FO Tie)

those were the ships I was thinking about
    The +1 always has been my "problem point" because I knew it could be very close in time to get the 6th ship
    And I knew i would need a DS one, because of the Executrix 5* prerequisite (So ETA2 wouldn't have helped me)
    Then I tried to get Slave I and X1 shards as much possible, but didn't seem to be lucky so far (Both between 30 and 40/80 before unlock)

And now I heard of 8 needed 5* ships, which are nearly impossible to get soon :(