Few questions about the new conquest

Can we use the same character more than once per conquest? If so does it require refreshes?

Will my inventory refresh once I finish normal and want to move to hard? Or am I stock with what ever I got left.

Is CG going to use character feats for conquest where we have to use this character to get the feat, or is it going to be, lose no characters, beat it with an under squad character, win 5 battles in a row with ur first attempt, or use beskar mando?

What if you beat the boss but you don't get 70 tickets, will it not give you the best crate, or will you get a chance to re do some of the battles to get the max tickets?

Replies

  • If you have questions and have read the whole new post, that means that everyone else has the same questions and are waiting for CG to announce everything else lol.
    “But you know what I always say: Speak softly and drive a big tank.”
  • Kyno
    28795 posts Moderator
    yes characters are always available, but when they win they lose stamina. lower stamina means lower stats, so they will be less effective, but regain stamina over time or from consumables.

    no roster refresh.

    from my understanding the feats are more broad than single battle feats, so not likely to require a single character, but a faction seems possible, if required multiple times in a sector or for the whole event.

    you can redo battles to get max stars and will need to complete feats in each sector to max things out, from my understanding.
  • Kyno
    28795 posts Moderator
    not asked, but it was my question:

    energy will be topped off at before the start of the event, so we will all start the event with max energy each run. excess purchased in an event will remain to the next run.
  • Kyno
    28795 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    yes characters are always available, but when they win they lose stamina. lower stamina means lower stats, so they will be less effective, but regain stamina over time or from consumables.

    no roster refresh.

    from my understanding the feats are more broad than single battle feats, so not likely to require a single character, but a faction seems possible, if required multiple times in a sector or for the whole event.

    you can redo battles to get max stars and will need to complete feats in each sector to max things out, from my understanding.

    Oh cool it's something like the tower system of the DSA.

    Thank you so much Kyno
    All left to see is the rewards and the refresh cost of the energy, but then it runs for 2 weeks, so i wonder if it means it will replenish slowly

    need to wait and see, but early info had it at 50 for a refresh, but running at cantina table rates (12 min/energy) that could have changed.
  • Nauros
    4158 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    not asked, but it was my question:

    energy will be topped off at before the start of the event, so we will all start the event with max energy each run. excess purchased in an event will remain to the next run.

    Just to make it absolutely clear: if I have below maximum energy at the end of the event and I don't use all of it for some reason, it is lost. If I purchase something over the maximum, the excess will be kept for the next run in addition to the maximum we all get. Right?
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Kyno
    28795 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    not asked, but it was my question:

    energy will be topped off at before the start of the event, so we will all start the event with max energy each run. excess purchased in an event will remain to the next run.

    Just to make it absolutely clear: if I have below maximum energy at the end of the event and I don't use all of it for some reason, it is lost. If I purchase something over the maximum, the excess will be kept for the next run in addition to the maximum we all get. Right?

    not really lost, you will have full energy at the start of the next event. (144)

    if you have over the max (146), at the start of the next round you will have the same energy (146)

    numbers are assuming max level, as energy scales with player level.
  • I actually have a question because ppl in my discord and I are reading this differently: te9ukmvyt4k6.png

    I read it as that's what the enemies will be relic'd to, given it says "enemy tuning by sector" right above it. However others are reading it as CG's recommended level for the player's toons. So which is it?
  • Kyno
    28795 posts Moderator
    edited February 23
    I actually have a question because ppl in my discord and I are reading this differently: te9ukmvyt4k6.png

    I read it as that's what the enemies will be relic'd to, given it says "enemy tuning by sector" right above it. However others are reading it as CG's recommended level for the player's toons. So which is it?

    it is what it says, the enemy level.

    also be aware, that there is additional tuning on top of the relic level seen here as a % increase:

    c5nvq8pfgqrg.png


  • Kyno wrote: »
    I actually have a question because ppl in my discord and I are reading this differently: te9ukmvyt4k6.png

    I read it as that's what the enemies will be relic'd to, given it says "enemy tuning by sector" right above it. However others are reading it as CG's recommended level for the player's toons. So which is it?

    it is what it says, the enemy level.

    also be aware, that there is additional tuning on top of the relic level seen here as a % increase:

    c5nvq8pfgqrg.png


    cool thanks Kyno!! Yeah I saw that. will be interesting to see how that goes.
  • So as to not start another GC thread, I will ask it here. Is it possible to get an idea of what type of rewards we will get at the milestone and completed level? Information about the rewards being given out at the various types of levels is something that would have been nice to know.
  • HK22 wrote: »
    So as to not start another GC thread, I will ask it here. Is it possible to get an idea of what type of rewards we will get at the milestone and completed level? Information about the rewards being given out at the various types of levels is something that would have been nice to know.

    I hope we get some relic mats lol

    I'm hoping to get that CPit exclusive piece, even if its only one or two pieces per event and extremely hard to get.
  • LordDirt
    2030 posts Member
    edited February 23
  • Kyno
    28795 posts Moderator
    HK22 wrote: »
    So as to not start another GC thread, I will ask it here. Is it possible to get an idea of what type of rewards we will get at the milestone and completed level? Information about the rewards being given out at the various types of levels is something that would have been nice to know.

    Being that we all have to start in normal mode, we will get to see all the samples of stuff as we play through the exhibition.

    I dont think they will have more details before it starts.
  • Kyno
    28795 posts Moderator
    d4gq677a0x07.jpg
    k5eej99gsfiz.jpg
    Cool it's in the game, 3,500 currency cap tho, that tells me they don't want us to horde the currency and we definitely gonna have characters that are tied to this event, I don't like it one bit

    We already know we have the ship, and yes they dont seem to want us to hoard for later ships/characters.....not sure what's not to like about that, but ok.
  • Ultra
    7448 posts Member
    people keep complaining that they have to hoard currency and can't spend it on gear

    well, here you go
  • Kyno
    28795 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    people keep complaining that they have to hoard currency and can't spend it on gear

    well, here you go

    TBH, they do see hoarding as a balance issue to some extent, because hoarding is a self fulfilling prophecy, hoard materials to gear stuff later, but complain that there is not enough gear now...

    So they really dont like it, but know it's a way of operation
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    people keep complaining that they have to hoard currency and can't spend it on gear

    well, here you go

    TBH, they do see hoarding as a balance issue to some extent, because hoarding is a self fulfilling prophecy, hoard materials to gear stuff later, but complain that there is not enough gear now...

    So they really dont like it, but know it's a way of operation

    In the case of GET1 tokens, hoarding wouldn't be a problem if they just, y'know, didn't make us have to buy GAS and Malak up to 7 stars in that store and create the possibility of more Epic Confrontation characters going there in the future.... That was entirely a problem they created themselves, but you say that they "really don't like it"?
  • Yep.

    If they just announce that no ships or characters will ever again be exclusive to Get-1 or Get-2, my hoarding there would stop. I think the "problem" of hoarding would be "fixed" (if you consider it a problem) with just that announcement.

    It doesn't even need to be "no characters that aren't available for GET will ever be made available for GET in the future". It just needs to be that if a character becomes available for GET, it only does so after being previously available elsewhere and doesn't replace that previous source.

    This makes it fine for situations like adding ROLO & Imperial Probe to GET, since they're still available in the TB where they started. GET is a convenience for people who would rather move on to Geo TB quickly rather than an actual necessity. In the same way,, if / when they introduce a third TB even harder than Geo, they could put KAM & Wat in the GET store and no one could complain that CG broke their word so long as playing Geo TB was still an option.

    If this is a "problem" that CG wants to "fix", they really can do that very easily without tying their hands too severely.

    But frankly, I suspect that CG's bigger problem with hoarding isn't that we fail to buy gear for characters we're content to slow farm. I suspect that CG's real problem with hoarding is that if they want to introduce a new toon or ship, there's always a class of people that can get it instantly without spending money - and these are also the high-end players who are probably willing to spend money, because if you spent money to get the Revans & Malak extra quick, then you dominated for a long time in Arena & had the crystals to bring your roster along so quickly that you would dominate other game modes as well - finishing near the top in your guild's raids, for instance, so you're always getting full pieces from HSTR 1-2 times per week, etc. That, of course, allows you to save up gear while others are starved for it, even if you're no longer spending money.

    With Conquest's currency cap, they can introduce new toons without worrying that anyone can instantly gain the advantage of a new meta without spending. This gives more rewards to people who spend cash on the game and less to people who are simply good at resource management,

    It takes some successful guesswork in identifying which toons are of marginal value, but if you guess right then you benefit tremendously by saving up when the projected benefit of jumping on a new meta sometime in the future is more than the benefit of spending immediately to buff a marginal toon. Now that guess work/ good resource management it taken out of the equation: When a new meta is introduced it's spend cash or wait.

    That, after all, is the real problem that i think CG is trying to solve: not that hoarding leads to a few more people whinging on the internet forum, but rather that hoarding has the possibility of reducing their cash flow.

  • Kyno
    28795 posts Moderator
    Wow.... I think people are over stating "problem"....but ok.

    Also we have know for a very long time that the real money comes from gear so, that very long post about hurting the bottom line is "wrong " as not buying gear would increase their income and the spending of the most flexible and valuable resource, crystals.

    Yes I'm sure a cap in there does give them more flexibility to introduce a toon there, but the main reason would probably be the same for many things in the game, pace. With a cap they can easily estimate and keep a pace across all players, where hoarded resources puts a wrinkle in that. The wrinkle also has an effect that older players get things much quicker than new ones, which is another layer to the "problem".
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Wow.... I think people are over stating "problem"....but ok.

    Also we have know for a very long time that the real money comes from gear so, that very long post about hurting the bottom line is "wrong " as not buying gear would increase their income and the spending of the most flexible and valuable resource, crystals.

    Yes I'm sure a cap in there does give them more flexibility to introduce a toon there, but the main reason would probably be the same for many things in the game, pace. With a cap they can easily estimate and keep a pace across all players, where hoarded resources puts a wrinkle in that. The wrinkle also has an effect that older players get things much quicker than new ones, which is another layer to the "problem".

    I'm confused, who's overstating "problem"? What does that even mean? If they don't like hoarding because it's balance issues, doesn't that make it a problem? If they don't like us hoarding currency but have actively facilitated that in the past through their actions, doesn't that also make it a problem?
  • If we can refresh energy, will it be 50 crystals or 100?
  • Kyno
    28795 posts Moderator
    Banr_05 wrote: »
    If we can refresh energy, will it be 50 crystals or 100?

    Remains to be seen.
Sign In or Register to comment.